Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

anime was right posted:

then again, if you handed bernie a joke speech hed be like "what is this nonsense? why did you waste perfectly good paper!"

lol bernie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Anyone else lolling at all the articles whining about Bernie saying he will continue to run as a independent for US Senate?

It's not like he would get any advantage by being associated with the sad failing democratic party.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

etalian posted:

Anyone else lolling at all the articles whining about Bernie saying he will continue to run as a independent for US Senate?

It's not like he would get any advantage by being associated with the sad failing democratic party.

they can't grapple with the fact that Bernie Sanders has achieved a status without being a striving rule-follower, who licks boots and likes it

I think they might believe that their jobs are to coordinate the attention of people, to be trend-setters, political taste-makers, if you will. I imagine that if they consolidate their data centers, so to speak, by engaging in increasingly grating attacks, which are increasingly disconnected from reality, they will force Sanders to conform to their distended conception of his being. When Republicans reacted in the exact same way to Obama, I understood it, because right wing politics is never far from operating as a grift racket and people were making money selling bars of gold dipped in pig lard and shaped like guns so that the muslim government couldn't confiscate them. That poo poo ain't for us, but we get it.

Who is buying what poo poo in the Suck Zone though? I am not seeing the mechanism that is connecting the ogres and the Daouists to the dollars.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Over Easy posted:

they can't grapple with the fact that Bernie Sanders has achieved a status without being a striving rule-follower, who licks boots and likes it

I think they might believe that their jobs are to coordinate the attention of people, to be trend-setters, political taste-makers, if you will. I imagine that if they consolidate their data centers, so to speak, by engaging in increasingly grating attacks, which are increasingly disconnected from reality, they will force Sanders to conform to their distended conception of his being. When Republicans reacted in the exact same way to Obama, I understood it, because right wing politics is never far from operating as a grift racket and people were making money selling bars of gold dipped in pig lard and shaped like guns so that the muslim government couldn't confiscate them. That poo poo ain't for us, but we get it.

Who is buying what poo poo in the Suck Zone though? I am not seeing the mechanism that is connecting the ogres and the Daouists to the dollars.

In a word? Fulchrum.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Captain_Maclaine posted:

In a word? Fulchrum.

I'm not saying that I don't know what that means, but if you had to explain what it means to someone who doesn't really know what it means, and is also pretty high, and only getting higher on this, a beautiful Saturday, how would you do it?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Over Easy posted:

I'm not saying that I don't know what that means, but if you had to explain what it means to someone who doesn't really know what it means, and is also pretty high, and only getting higher on this, a beautiful Saturday, how would you do it?

"Lotta stubborn, stupid-rear end motherfuckers out there who don't know what time it is."

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Over Easy posted:

Probably also mad how Bernie managed to raise so much money without needing any help from the bad dem donor class.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
suck zone

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/HRC/status/924334964836933632

But where do the $2 a day firefighters come from, then? :thunk:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/HRC/status/924334964836933632

But where do the $2 a day firefighters come from, then? :thunk:

Nothing says Human Rights campaign like inviting someone who once owned black slaves.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Both political parties are little more that graft machines at this point. They exist to enrich themselves, their friend, their donors, and the party apparatus at large. What was that about Neera Tanden making like $300k? Daou knows where his bread is buttered.

In general republicans have the upper hand in this. Their ideology and actions agree. Their stated goal is to make rich people richer, and they do! That they have somehow convinced a large portion of the public that this bullshit is in their best interests is an impressive slight of hand, but at least its somewhat consistent.

Dems on the other hand are in this position where they have to gaslight their own base that they are not doing the things they clearly are. Rhetoric and action are at odds with one another - and the only way people are going to swallow this poo poo mush longer is if it benefits them directly.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

etalian posted:

Probably also mad how Bernie managed to raise so much money without needing any help from the bad dem donor class.

this is part of the subtext that I think sometimes gets forgotten, that the bad dems still like to think that they're good people who just are handicapped by a corrupt system, and the fact that Bernie is as popular as he is and got as close to winning as he did without selling his soul upsets them more than anything, because it's proof that their whole internal narrative is absolute horseshit.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bernie?

Woulda won.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Neoliberalism.txt

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Neoliberalism.txt

:thermidor:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

etalian posted:

Nothing says Human Rights campaign like inviting someone who once owned black slaves.

How's that now?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Nevvy Z posted:

How's that now?

As AG she fought tooth and nail against early release of nonviolent offenders on the ground that the state benefited from their labor.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Captain_Maclaine posted:

As AG she fought tooth and nail against early release of nonviolent offenders on the ground that the state benefited from their labor.

Also Hillary bragged about having prison labor helping to clean up the AK governor's mansion and how she disciplined the prisoners to teach them valuable life lessons.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Neoliberalism.txt

the paul tsongas gambit

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

etalian posted:

Also Hillary bragged about having prison labor helping to clean up the AK governor's mansion and how she disciplined the prisoners to teach them valuable life lessons.

Mistress disciplines her subjects with a firm, but fair, hand.

*snaps fingers*

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/JustKIDDing_DP/status/924332968742703106

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the paul tsongas gambit

Only works if you then later die horribly of lymphoma.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

"Lotta stubborn, stupid-rear end motherfuckers out there who don't know what time it is."

but its always 4:20 :thunk:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Neoliberalism.txt

when he declares himself king will he be named Louis the XVII?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

but those five moochers :argh:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

got any sevens posted:

but those five moochers :argh:

those five moochers are a priest, a rabbi, an imam, a pujari and a shinshoku and they are using their UBI to patronize the bar owned by YOUR FATHER

edit: to clarify, your father owns the bar collectively with all the other employees of the bar

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 20:46 on Oct 28, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hi suck zone, I'm apparently going to a Halloween party tonight at a friend of a friend's apartment who works for a finance company

should I set it on fire y/n

(my wife and I have a couples costume where she's dressing up as space and I'm dressing up as a doctor whose nametag reads "SANDERS" and together we're Universal Healthcare)

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

Hi suck zone, I'm apparently going to a Halloween party tonight at a friend of a friend's apartment who works for a finance company

should I set it on fire y/n

(my wife and I have a couples costume where she's dressing up as space and I'm dressing up as a doctor whose nametag reads "SANDERS" and together we're Universal Healthcare)

you should set it on fire no matter whose it is

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

thats not enough info is he a laborer like a janitor or computer janitor or does he do actual finance work

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/924305375779844097

Yeah, why won't the GOP fight for um....Wells Fargo??? lol

i mean against it! - t perez as bird poops on him
just a reminder that the breaking news of the wells fargo scandal of defrauding literally millions of customers with fake accounts and fraudulently charging them fees happened under the obama department of justice. now we have news of fraudulently signing people up for auto insurance and poo poo. as far as I am aware, obama actively chose not to pursue criminal prosecution against wells fargo.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Calibanibal posted:

thats not enough info is he a laborer like a janitor or computer janitor or does he do actual finance work

I'm not 100% sure but the apartment is in a really fancy part of town so probably the latter

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

etalian posted:

bernie caused clinton and the democrats to lose by not giving them his e-mail list :argh:

because it's simply having those e-mails is what causes the money gravy train

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

yea just burn it down then

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

I'm not 100% sure but the apartment is in a really fancy part of town so probably the latter

steal a bunch of nice poo poo then burn it down

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

just a reminder that the breaking news of the wells fargo scandal of defrauding literally millions of customers with fake accounts and fraudulently charging them fees happened under the obama department of justice. now we have news of fraudulently signing people up for auto insurance and poo poo. as far as I am aware, obama actively chose not to pursue criminal prosecution against wells fargo.

Obama also didn't ban HSBC from doing business in the US despite catching them doing money laundering for nacro drug cartels.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in an alternate universe:

"finally! we have his email list! let's send those emails..."

[presses 'send' on an email bearing the subject "WE'RE DOOMED"]

[later]

"but we had his email list! how come all we get is a bunch of handwritten notes telling us to go gently caress ourselves?"

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"this direct mail campaign to bernie's supporters has lost us a lot of money in postage, but on the other hand, we have enough cinder blocks to properly entomb hillary until the next presidential election"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Hillary supported Trump's nomination because she thought he would be the easiest to beat and would give her the most congresspeople

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Move over Ginyu Force!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neoliberalism.txt

This is smart because the Sun God is better than Santa.

• Locked thread