Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Hardest part of Odyssey is getting out of the "jump on everything" mindset and into the just use your hat mindset instead. So much damage taken from the tiny goombas I keep trying to jump on without thinking...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Do you think these things are gonna be rare again around the holidays?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Odyssey is the years biggest release and Nintendo has allocated a lot of stock to help move it. I'll bet that it will get scarce around the holidays.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
With how well Nintendo has managed large-scale 3-D visuals in BotW and Odyssey, I'd really like to see them take a stab at making a proper 3-D Kirby game. Even Kirby 64 was basically a side-scroller -- it'd be really cool to see Dreamland rendered in a huge HD format, with Kirby able to float around freely to various whatevers.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

I play in handheld mode pretty much exclusively so I will not be getting Mario until the controls are fixed. This makes me sad.

The moves that require motion controls are entirely unnecessary. Your needless, self-imposed sadness makes me sad.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wendell posted:

The moves that require motion controls are entirely unnecessary. Your needless, self-imposed sadness makes me sad.

Yeah I've been playing exclusively in handheld mode and I'm not really feeling like I'm missing anything

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Wendell posted:

Games way harder if you don't waggle to get your hat in homing tbh

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tatsuta Age posted:

Games way harder if you don't waggle to get your hat in homing tbh

It is? So far it has been pretty easy (like all modern mario games).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Waggle jumps are better

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah scrubs, the game is extremely easy :smug:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I don't know if it's well known yet but I discovered by turning motion controls off (but it might work with motion controls on) that pressing Y + B simultaneously will do the "shake ability" for some of the captured enemies.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Achmed Jones posted:

I play in handheld mode pretty much exclusively so I will not be getting Mario until the controls are fixed. This makes me sad.

I went and hooked up my switch dock for the first time to play this, switch has been my bed console since then

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
They had all three amiibos at target but I only got Bowser because he's such a handsome groom

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Agreed, hire the Senran Kagura guys to make it

I'll cosign this post.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

Got Switch, got Mario, having a great time.

What are the other top games? I already have Zelda and Mario Kart on my Wii U and will resist rebuying them for now.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

veni veni veni posted:

I walked into a Best Buy today and they had 6 or 7 sitting on the shelf.
YMMV, of course, but this is a good sign that they will be available between now and Christmas.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

deadwing posted:

Pack it in other games, Odyssey is officially the greatest of all time

This is correct

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

SuperTeeJay posted:

What are the other top games? I already have Zelda and Mario Kart on my Wii U and will resist rebuying them for now.

Splatoon 2 if the team-based shooter angle appeals to you, Mario + Rabbids is a fun strategy RPG in the vein of XCOM, Pokken is a fun fighting game too.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

GreenNight posted:

Yeah scrubs, the game is extremely easy :smug:

Try turning off Assist Mode.

Joking aside, my 6yo nephew got to New Donk City by himself, without it.
It's just a crazy fun scavenger hunt.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
About a month ago, I did the fix on my left Joycon for sync/lag issues. The one where you open it up, and move the foam from one position to another, to help shield its antenna from interference. It's worked very well, I don't think I've had any issues with it now.

But now my right Joycon is giving me fits. It was more easy to notice issues with the left, because it would hamper movement in the stick, and that's something you're almost always doing in a game. With the right, I'm having issues with the buttons. Mario won't jump when I ask him to, or he does it a half-second late. Can the right Joycon be fixed like the left? I remember when I did the left fix that it seemed like the issue was focused on that specific Joycon.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Yeah I've noticed lag with the right joycon doing Mario platforming too. Super annoying

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SuperTeeJay posted:

ARMS is good but a bit content light. Pokken is a pretty good fighter. Ultra Street Fighter 2 is good but waaay overpriced. Splatoon 2 is one of the best shooters in years. Fast RMX is a good F-Zero style racer.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SuperTeeJay posted:

If you like Harvest Moon games, pick up Stardew Valley. Golf Story was another thread darling (which I enjoyed a great deal for the price). Naming stuff that's less likely to get named, obviously. Also, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 releases on 12/1.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I can't believe we got Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey AND Splatoon 2 in an 8-month span. Seriously, it's nuts

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
Picked up the Odyssey bundle and Zelda today. Only played Zelda so far but I love it! Excited to check out Mario later!

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

If you like Harvest Moon games, pick up Stardew Valley. Golf Story was another thread darling (which I enjoyed a great deal for the price). Naming stuff that's less likely to get named, obviously. Also, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 releases on 12/1.

I'll echo the first two games, and if you're like me and loved the Picross series on DS/3DS, pick up Picross S as well. These three games have served me well during the last few months of unemployment.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Oh my god, the kingdom after Luncheon Kingdom. :stare:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I don’t know, but I have seen more in stock today than I have since launch.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
the sound effect used when you get an air bubble is the same as the one in splatoon when your ink recharges past the secondary weapon line

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Mutant Standard posted:

Oh my god, the kingdom after Luncheon Kingdom. :stare:

It's around that point most people realize that this truly is the greatest game of all time.

Also all the Bowser stuff.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I really dig Bowsers hair in this game

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Zelder posted:

I really dig Bowsers hair in this game

I swear it's exactly like that one Hipster Bowser image.

Oh, also I gots me a Switch and Odyssey, anything else? I guess is Neo Turf Masters available in the eShop?

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

widespread posted:

I swear it's exactly like that one Hipster Bowser image.

Oh, also I gots me a Switch and Odyssey, anything else? I guess is Neo Turf Masters available in the eShop?

Golf Story my dude

seriously for any of you new switch owners ITT do NOT sleep on Golf Story

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Man I usually don't give a crap about the music in games, but the music in the garden/forest kingdom was amazing.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Post game is loving incredible

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I have an hour of free time before my next commitment

Ughh I wanna jump in on Odyssey but just going to grab the game would eat 30 minutes and I can just get a full hour of Zelda instead.

Time to do the goron area divine beast I spose

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I only use my Switch handheld, I did hit one specific jump that required waggle. the early waterfall area has a moon in an interior section where you possess one of those viney things that go super tall. The final jump seemingly requires you to waggle for the extra height. I forgot that was a thing until it prompted me.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Man I usually don't give a crap about the music in games, but the music in the garden/forest kingdom was amazing.

That's the level with the surf guitar right? It's phenomenal

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Holy gently caress Nintendo can do a game that looks prettier than any other loving developer look at those two kingdoms past Luncheon, holy gently caress holy fuckkkkkk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

deadwing posted:

Pack it in other games, Odyssey is officially the greatest of all time

BotW is the better game to me but Odyssey is still real good.

• Locked thread