Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

RGFalcon reporting in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

I think they want to beat CIG for the most boring show 2017 title

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Lets hope the dual stick guy loses vs the KB+M guys

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

AutismVaccine posted:

I think they want to beat CIG for the most boring show 2017 title

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

You are loving with me, right?

(watching with streamlink, dont have a chat)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

AutismVaccine posted:

You are loving with me, right?

Watch and see.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
I can't go on like this

I can't goon like this

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

his nibs posted:

I can't go on like this

I can't goon like this

Go on, goon?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

The cosplay event is over. The Lando guy won.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Dogeh posted:

Go on, goon?

Goon go on, goon!

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
Alright...let's go!...Here we go... *5 minutes later* ...alright we are going to get setup here.. -Nerd Chandler

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

So, is there even a multiplayer mode in the game? Or do they have to fight the match with starship-shaped paper cutouts in front a big a screen

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

It has really filled up since the last pic.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Toops posted:

lol pls kill urself

I get that we're all in on the joke that SCTRUMPAMN or whatever is a SurfaceDetail rereg, but even jokingly telling someone to kill themselves is a bad move. Try and avoid that in the future, commando.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But where is the Sexy Star Citizen cosplay erotica babes?

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Its not really a joke or a secret. The joke is that you guys still persist in this scam crap when the evidence been dangling in front of your faces forever now.

ELE is in 2 weeks I'm sure tho.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

2017 'VerseCon

Refund Policy

No Refunds

sounds about right

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

SCtrumpHaters posted:

the evidence been dangling in front of your faces forever now.

Low hanging testicles?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Its not really a joke or a secret. The joke is that you guys still persist in this scam crap when the evidence been dangling in front of your faces forever now.

INTERLINKED.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Oh hey you're preachin to the choir man, that procedural city thing got me back on the wagon, I'm trying to figure out what to buy during the holiday sale as we speak.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh hey you're preachin to the choir man, that procedural city thing got me back on the wagon, I'm trying to figure out what to buy during the holiday sale as we speak.

I've persuaded my wife to left me buy the Pioneer.
She was a bit hesitant but she sees the real value.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Dehumanize yourself and face the pipeline

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Your dignity dude, buy your dignity back

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Yes, the $1k SSD announcement, combined with the hour of uninspired flyby and an $850 buy-in to 10 years of technical debt just dangles there.

You could call it a Juicy Dangler.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

Has CIG partnered with Zillow for a real estate app yet?

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
omg wtf is this?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
an acid test

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Scrod

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

But where is the Sexy Star Citizen cosplay erotica babes?

Now you mention it, I'm kinda surprised they haven't had sexy booth babes at any shows. Seems such an easy way to divert attention from the poo poo they're demonstrating. It's almost as if there's someone high up in the company who wouldn't want young, attractive, scantily-clad women around.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Now that Xi'an lore is more fleshed out, standby for Xi'an based anime fanfic.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Anyone in here ever played Mage the Ascension? I've never played it before and I've had to do a bunch of reading and brainstorming and wow, there's a lot of stuff to this. I have already put word in the appropriate thread for direction but it moves slowly. If anyone can give me some pointers, that'll be grand.

In the game everyone is a wizard. So I decided to roll an ex-boxer/enforcer who will punch his way to success and occasionally rip into the fabric of reality to heal himself or just strong arm poo poo. Life spheres and Prime are gunna be the areas of magic. I look forward to my first real confrontation of magic.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
That is depressing :saddowns:

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013

Mr.Tophat posted:

Anyone in here ever played Mage the Ascension? I've never played it before and I've had to do a bunch of reading and brainstorming and wow, there's a lot of stuff to this. I have already put word in the appropriate thread for direction but it moves slowly. If anyone can give me some pointers, that'll be grand.

In the game everyone is a wizard. So I decided to roll an ex-boxer/enforcer who will punch his way to success and occasionally rip into the fabric of reality to heal himself or just strong arm poo poo. Life spheres and Prime are gunna be the areas of magic. I look forward to my first real confrontation of magic.

Can you post this again in character, please? My forums immersion is broken. TIA

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Herb Dington posted:

Can you post this again in character, please? My forums immersion is broken. TIA

Okay

*ahem*

You're already dead.

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
I knew it...this must be purgatory.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Is it good or bad that TheOpenHouse (featuring Derek Smart) has triple the viewers than VerseCon?

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
You know Citizencon was boring when people are creating troll accounts just to have something to do.

Anyway, the citizen takeaway from the con seems to be "woohoo, they didn't obviously gently caress up this time, suck it goons".

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I did catch the planetary landing and the city and all that jazz. I don't know why everyone is excited over a bunch of textured blocks. Sure, they're buildings, but it's not like you can DO anything with them. I'm pretty sure it's been done before, so that particular demonstration was less than useless.

The ending was jarring as hell, because I was waiting for some type of reveal. Like, all of a sudden he steps into a building and Gary Oldman is there making his parp-speech and holy poo poo this was Squadron 42 all along and OH GOD THE VANDUUL ARE ATTACKING GET TO YOUR SHIPS fade to black

But no. Just "well, that's what we had to show you! Here's a bunch of people and look at that huge cake!"

I feel ripped off. I was promised a train wreck and all I got was this wet fart.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow making GBS threads again on an event about something people care about. A new low after yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

SCtrumpHaters posted:

So I've been a long time lurker but had to grit my teeth and pay up just to explain....well gloat on all you clowns,

Like how does it taste? The biggest event of the year where you guys were sourly clenching your fingers in anticipation of mocking something better than yourselves.

But Chris delivered. Showing Dereek Farts and you idiots what is possible in gaming.

You guys are pretty much silent, trying anything in your power to smear this accomplishment and its ugly. You have nothing solid to point at and say this is bad. Its all supposition and honestly, lies.

See you in the loving Verse friends.

Not sure if serious or meta-troll but if former, he still hasn’t even delivered the 75% downsized version of last year’s claims. Here’s a helpful summary of what has transpired since Gamescom 2026. And what hasn’t. (With some additional minor revisions (thx for the suggestions, friends.)

The CitizenCon video demo was pretty fantastic to look at, at least I thought so. Majestic, really, as a toolabout tour of a detailed, epic sci-fi amalga-verse.

Yet CIG’s ability to dazzle with demos in service of their fundraising imperatives isn’t something I’ve ever doubted. It is, in fact, their business model and primary talent.

“Delivery” in its actual sense — of stable builds and enjoyable gameplay loops that pay off on prior claims, has long been one of their great weaknesses. If it weren’t, Star Marine would compare favorably to Battlefield and Arma rather than disfavorably to Quake II. If it weren’t, players would’ve been playing the completed Stanton System, enjoying many new mechanics, over the last a half-year. Instead, they’re on the emotional rollercoaster that is the Burndown blocker/bugs chart and will for months more.

Given that the indeterminate wait for the playable release of a highly-downsized version of yesteryear’s promises is likely to extend into the new year, it does seem to take the shine off of any new shiny baubles being teased in the current fundraising cycle. Hearing senior designers in year five of development talk about their goal to complete the first game loop, even as they’ve subjected armors and spaceships in game to 3-5 redesigns in the same duration, suggests that perhaps someone finally realized games are meant to be played rather than just watched. So perhaps that’s an encouraging sign.

EDIT: Oh hey man, nice one.

Beet Wagon posted:

ITT: people falling for this gimmick for like the twentieth time

:laffo:

Price I pay for not having the cycles to stay current on the thread. I’m embarrassed.

Daztek posted:

how does this keep happening
:negative:

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 28, 2017