Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I didn’t preload Odyssey so I wouldn’t forget to preorder the new iPhone tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Current eShop Sales

SWITCH
[NA] Astro Bears Party - $3.99 $4.99 until Nov 10 (20% off)
[NA] Axiom Verge - $17.99 $19.99 until Nov 2 (10% off)
[NA] The Bridge - $6.99 $9.99 until Nov 2 (30% off)
[NA] Butcher - $7.99 $9.99 until Nov 2 (20% off)
[NA] GoNNER - $8.49 $9.99 until Nov 2 (15% off)
[NA] I and Me - $8.99 $9.99 until Nov 2 (10% off)
[NA] League of Evil - $7.19 $7.99 until Nov 2 (10% off)
[NA] Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition - $7.99 $9.99 until Nov 2 (20% off)
[NA] Phantom Trigger - $7.49 $14.99 until Nov 2 (50% off)
[NA] Retro City Rampage DX - $12.74 $14.99 until Nov 2 (15% off)
[NA] Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment - $7.99 $9.99 until Oct 31 (20% off)
[NA] Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 $24.99 until Oct 31 (20% off)
[NA] Snake Pass - $9.99 $19.99 until Oct 30 (50% off)
[NA] Thimbleweed Park - $16.99 $19.99 until Nov 2 (15% off)
[NA] Use Your Words - $7.49 $14.99 until Nov 1 (50% off)
[NA] Vaccine - $6.99 $9.99 until Nov 2 (30% off)

[EU] Axiom Verge - 13.49 £14.99 / €16.19 €17.99 until Nov 2 (10% off)
[EU] The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ - £32.39 £35.99 / €35.99 €39.99 until Nov 2 (10% off)
[EU] The Bridge - £6.74 £8.99 / €7.49 €9.99 until Nov 2 (25% off)
[EU] Bulb Boy - £5.03 £7.19 / €5.59 €7.99 until Nov 2 (30% off)
[EU] Butcher - £7.19 £8.99 / €7.99 €9.99 until Nov 2 (20% off)
[EU] Cave Story+ - £24.29 £26.99 / €26.99 €29.99 until Nov 2 (10% off)
[EU] Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical - £6.29 £6.99 / €7.20 €8.00 until Nov 2 (10% off)
[EU] Disgaea 5 Complete - £41.66 £49.99 / €49.99 €59.99 until Nov 2 (17% off)
[EU] GoNNER - £7.64 £8.99 / €8.49 €9.99 until Nov 2 (15% off)
[EU] Graceful Explosion Machine - £7.99 £9.99 / €10.39 €12.99 until Nov 2 (20% off)
[EU] I and Me - £8.09 £8.99 / €8.99 €9.99 until Nov 2 (10% off)
[EU] League of Evil - £6.47 £7.19 / €7.19 €7.99 until Nov 2 (10% off)
[EU] Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition - £7.19 £8.99 / €7.99 €9.99 until Nov 2 (20% off)
[EU] Moon Hunters - £8.99 £9.99 / €13.49 €14.99 until Nov 2 (10% off)
[EU] Phantom Trigger - £6.74 £13.49 / €7.49 €14.99 until Nov 2 (50% off)
[EU] Robonauts - £8.99 £13.49 / €9.99 €14.99 until Nov 2 (33% off)
[EU] Rocket Fist - £7.19 £8.99 / €7.99 €9.99 until Nov 2 (20% off)
[EU] Severed - £10.79 £13.49 / €11.99 €14.99 until Nov 2 (20% off)
[EU] Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment - £7.19 £8.99 / €7.99 €9.99 until Nov 2 (20% off)
[EU] Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - £17.99 £22.49 / €19.99 €24.99 until Nov 2 (20% off)
[EU] Snake Pass - £7.99 £15.99 / €9.99 €19.99 until Nov 2 (50% off)
[EU] Thimbleweed Park - £12.74 £14.99 / €16.99 €19.99 until Nov 2 (15% off)
[EU] Vaccine - £6.29 £8.99 / €6.99 €9.99 until Nov 2 (30% off)

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Are any of those particularly good deals? I'm looking at Shovel Knight, and I can't remember that ever getting cheap on any particular platform, so I'm thinking about pulling the trigger.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Meldonox posted:

Are any of those particularly good deals? I'm looking at Shovel Knight, and I can't remember that ever getting cheap on any particular platform, so I'm thinking about pulling the trigger.

Absolutely go for it if you haven’t played it before. I’m sure it eventually go for even cheaper but that’s a great price for a great game.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Meldonox posted:

Treasure Trove has all 3 campaigns with a fourth coming soon so If you don't have them it's a great deal.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll probably pick up snake pass for 10 bucks, it's always looked pretty cute

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Snake Pass is apparently good, but short. People said that once the controls clicked with them, they really enjoyed it (others struggled with the controls though so ymmv). People have said good things about Phantom Trigger also.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I 100%'d Snake Pass, it's a very fun game with cool music, unique gameplay and some surprisingly tough challenges.
The controls take a while to get used to because I don't think there's another game that controls like this, but they really work well once you get a grip on them.

They added a timetrial mode in the last update, as a speedgame there is a ton of variables and I can see a lot of replay value if that's your kinda thing too

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

if you havent played shovel knight, do it. its sort of the gold standard for modern action platformers with an old aesthetic. worth every buck at full price

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases Nov 2, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EDT/9am PDT for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Art of Fighting 3 - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
ART OF FIGHTING 3 is a fighting game released by SNK in 1996. As a side story in the ART OF FIGHTING series, it portrays the drama and battles of the various fighters. With the Ultimate KO system and other mechanics, it makes a stake in a new frontier of 2D fighting games.

Cartoon Network Battle Crashers - $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 31)
Retail / Digital - [NA] [EU]
When Uncle Grandpa accidentally drives the UG-RV through multiple dimensions, he picks up some surprise passengers in the form of Gumball, Steven Universe, Finn, Mordecai and Clarence! Now they'll have to band together to defeat the evil shard creatures and set things right.

Chess Ultra - $ ? / £9.99 / €12.49
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Chess Ultra features stunning visuals, seamless online* multiplayer and Grandmaster-approved AI to offer the ultimate chess experience.Explore an array of intricately crafted environments and choose from a selection of iconic chess sets designed with both the modern and traditional chess player in mind. Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran of the great game, Chess Ultra has something to offer for players of all ages and ability.

King Oddball - $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99 (Oct 30)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Blow up tanks! Crash helicopters! Squash puny humans! Collapse structures! Hurl boulders until nothing remains! End the world! The King swings a boulder back and forth with his tongue and you get to release it by pressing a button. Time the release accurately and crush as many targets as possible with each boulder. Simple but addictive!

Monster Jam: Crush It! - $39.99 / £35.99 / €39.99 (Oct 31)
Crush It! takes fans back into authentic real-life stadiums for racing and freestyle events including the site of Monster Jam World Finals – Sam Boyd Stadium. Choose your favorite official Monster Jam trucks such as Grave Digger®, Max-D™, Monster Mutt and many more. Take your favorite Monster Truck out of the stadium and into all new environment challenges. Exciting physic based challenges include skills, hill jump and stunt modes. All-new tracks that will test your skills to master speed and balance over insane jumps and obstacles or face ultimate destruction. Compete as a single player, or log into online leaderboards to earn bragging rights as the best Monster Jam truck driver and much, much more…

Monopoly For Nintendo Switch - $39.99 / £29.99 / €39.99 (Oct 31)
Experience three unique 3D boards at home or on-the-go with up to six players in total, or take your game online and challenge players in quick matches. Customize your game by selecting from six official House Rules chosen by MONOPOLY® fans around the world. Don't have time for a full game? Speed it up with Special Goals that shorten play sessions, and Actions Cards to move you around the board and penalize your opponents. Build your empire and trade your way to victory!

Morphite - $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Set in a distant future where humanity has colonised the far reaches of space, Morphite follows the story of Myrah Kale, a young woman whose life takes a sudden turn when a simple mission develops into an epic interstellar journey revealing her mysterious past and relation to a coveted substance called Morphite.

Perception - $14.99 / £12.99 / €13.99 (Oct 31)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Perception is a tense psychological thriller where players must uncover the mysteries of a sinister estate with echolocation as their only sight. Creating sound illuminates your environment, but also agitates the house and the entities within. Use Cassie’s Delphi text-to-speech app along with her intuition to uncover the mansion’s history. Each time a mystery is solved, the mansion transforms to reflect the fate of a different generation and the torment they endured.

Sparkle 2 EVO - $4.49 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Control the evolution! Climb your way through the evolutional ladder. Start as a little organism and transform into a magnificent aquatic being. Explore the abyss in search of nutritional elements. Attack other species whenever you run out of other food sources. Enjoy beautiful surreal visuals and relax with minimalistic ambient soundtrack.

Wheels of Aurelia - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Embark on an immersive road trip through the gritty western coast of Italy during the roaring 1970's. Playing as Lella, a bold, spunky woman, experience the sights and sounds of a tumultuous time in Italy's history while uncovering events from Lella's storied past. Take the road less traveled, while meeting an unpredictable cast of dynamic characters along your journey and making detours along the way.

3DS
Creeping Terror - $8.99 / £8.09 / €8.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Trapped below a creepy abandoned mansion deep in the forest, a group of friends find themselves on the run from a terrifying monster. Using only her wits and what's around her, Arisa must uncover the secrets of the mansion, and figure out how to escape...before it's too late.

Frutakia 2 - $3.95 / £3.49 / €3.89 (Sep 21 NA / Nov 2 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Frutakia is back and better than ever! Match three or more cute animals and level up in the third dimension! Go ahead and move any row up or down! We dare you to discover its ultra-addictive gameplay – play once and that’s it... Simple and smart gameplay, ideal for short periods of time – on the bus, on the train, in a queue, or when the boss is talking.

Kirby Battle Royale - £ ? / € ? (Jan 19 2018 NA / Oct 3 EU)
Kirby™ is about to enter a tournament against his toughest rival yet…himself! In local* or online ** battle arenas, up to 4 players can fight until the last Kirby standing wins. There are other modes too, like Ore Express, a mad dash to hoard treasure. Choose an ability and prove you're the one Kirby to rule them all. Not to mention, there's a single-player story mode too!

Phil's Epic Fill-a-Pix Adventure - $7.99 / £5.99 / €7.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Create amazing pixel art as you reveal 100 beautiful pixel art scenes from Phil's epic trip around the world! Phil's Epic Fill-a-Pix Adventure is a new picture logic puzzle from the makers of Pic-a-Pix Colour, but with huge, scrollable puzzles up to 100 squares wide, you'll reveal pictures much larger and more detailed than ever before!

Has anyone played Perception? It's on Steam/PS4/Xbone already. It sounds kind of interesting.

CN: Battle Crashers may not be releasing until 14 November in EU, although that could just be the retail version. It's listed as today on NOE's site though.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
:catstare: there's the shovelware we crave.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

deadly_pudding posted:

I’d actually consider Monopoly if it was a good version and half price.:blush:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’d actually consider Monopoly if it was a good version and half price.:blush:

What kind of trauma pushes a person to actively seek out playing Monopoly?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Lemon-Lime posted:

I used to be obsessed with it as a kid and played in tournaments.:smith:

I really want to try Fortune Street since it sounds like a better designed version of it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

SeANMcBAY posted:

I really want to try Fortune Street since it sounds like a better designed version of it.

Yeah it's basically Monopoly but with a lot more options. You don't need to have a monopoly established in a district to expand properties, owning more properties in a district allows you to expand them even further, and the stock market allows for insane plays.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

deadly_pudding posted:

If ever there was a surefire sign that the Switch was doing well..

Lemon-Lime posted:

Monopoly is good, I can't really imagine wanting to play a Monopoly video game though.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I secretly like videogame Monopoly because I'm a child who likes watching the iron pieces move in funny ways around the colorful fun board. That said I'm gonna wait for other people to weigh in on this version first

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Is the thimble piece in this one?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fawf posted:

Is the thimble piece in this one?

i hope not it's way too op

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Will the switch just stop updating once they run out of NeoGeo games?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I'm drawn to Chess Ultra but I shouldn't.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Szmitten posted:

I'm drawn to Chess Ultra but I shouldn't.

Same, but I would instantly start trying to stuff dollar bills into my Switch Dock if they announced a new, modern Battle Chess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

An entire game constructed out of chess and Monty Python references.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

Same, but I would instantly start trying to stuff dollar bills into my Switch Dock if they announced a new, modern Battle Chess.

Hell, all they have to do is get a licensing deal with Warner Bros to rebrand it as Wizards Chess, and they could rake in the $.

(Man, I miss Battle Chess 3D)

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

SeANMcBAY posted:

Monopoly tournaments are a thing?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Starsnostars posted:

Monopoly tournaments are a thing?

Looks like someone has never seen the professional Monopoly players documentary Under The Boardwalk

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

Looks like someone has never seen the professional Monopoly players documentary Under The Boardwalk

i have never seen the professional monopoly players documentary under the boardwalk

but i'm fascinated this is a thing so i will probably check it out

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Kaubocks posted:

i have never seen the professional monopoly players documentary under the boardwalk

but i'm fascinated this is a thing so i will probably check it out

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah I’m actually surprised and intrigued about a pro Monopoly scene.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The best Monopoly is still this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFNctqf6DmI

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

DanZX posted:

Yeah I’m actually surprised and intrigued about a pro Monopoly scene.

At a high level Monopoly is purely an odds and metagame kind of thing, you can't really "play better" in a game where you roll to move beyond analyzing probabilities

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They also play it by the book instead of with all the dumb poo poo house rules, so it goes by fairly quickly.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

House Rules Monopoly are a blight upon our species.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Don't play Monopoly get the new Culcept on 3DS

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kaboobi posted:

Don't play Monopoly get the new Culcept on 3DS

this is a monopoly thread now

everyone post your favorite piece to play as

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I always play as the bottle cap

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

The dog

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I relate to the boot and thimble on a spiritual level because of how dumb and bad they are

The fact that they've been deemed unworthy of even being included with the game at all now has caused some serious self reflection

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

homeless snail posted:

They also play it by the book instead of with all the dumb poo poo house rules, so it goes by fairly quickly.

Although "by the book" now also includes the Speed Die

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

deadwing posted:

At a high level Monopoly is purely an odds and metagame kind of thing, you can't really "play better" in a game where you roll to move beyond analyzing probabilities

It's a lot more fun and involved (and somewhat more strategic) when you're playing with people willing to make trades. Most people hate Monopoly because they always play with family members who are notorious for completely shutting down any trades which basically turns the game into a "just keep rolling the dice until this poo poo is over with" situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, I am unimpressed with the birthday discounts. I'm enough of a Nintendo dork to get emails, of course I already own everything that's on sale.