Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Haha, well, I guess for anyone really interested someone came out with a rechargeable battery and dock system for the touch:

I wouldn't want to rely on worrying about having to charge it if they die in the middle of use, I suppose you could still just swap out regular batteries and the original covers in that case, though its one more thing to have sitting around. The stand is a good idea though, i wouldn't mind having a non functioning version of that just to hold the controllers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

EbolaIvory posted:

Id guess it works fine.

Take the plunge, Let us know. =D

I just installed Revive to take a look at this, but the Oculus store complains that I don't have a Rift set up, so it won't let me install any free games. Is there a way to fool the Oculus store into thinking I have a Rift?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Yes, it’s called ReVive.

Check around the GitHub page for it. I vaguely remember having to do an optional step to get thing to play nice. A couple of reboots as well.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

No, like I said, I installed Revive. I found the solution. I just needed to ignore the install error and start up Steam, and it had the app installed.

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Craptacular posted:

No, like I said, I installed Revive. I found the solution. I just needed to ignore the install error and start up Steam, and it had the app installed.

So are you good now? Are games and apps from the Oculus store downloading for you? Did you create an Oculus account as well?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Upgraded my spin cocking from static animations to something sort of like in H3VR (except more janky).

https://twitter.com/rectus_sa/status/924245974461100032

Rectus fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 28, 2017

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

EbolaIvory posted:

No idea what that is. I'm not finding that setting in SteamVR, Oculus Home, Or Tray Tool.

https://github.com/matzman666/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings

insanely useful tool. lets you adjust chaperone settings on the fly, supersampling, audio, shows turn rotation, etc etc etc. is a must have.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

The Walrus posted:

insanely useful tool. lets you adjust chaperone settings on the fly, supersampling, audio, shows turn rotation, etc etc etc. is a must have.

Ah. Ok so it’s tray tool with a couple extra features. I’ll look into it.

Any reason to run one over the other? Less poo poo I have to open the better. Does it shut down oculus services when I close it? Etc?

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

EbolaIvory posted:

Ah. Ok so it’s tray tool with a couple extra features. I’ll look into it.

Any reason to run one over the other? Less poo poo I have to open the better. Does it shut down oculus services when I close it? Etc?

Everyone Rift user should run Oculus Tray Tool and anyone who plays SteamVR games should run OpenVR Advanced Settings. They are complimentary.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
Has anyone grabbed any VR stuff during the Steam Halloween sale?

I picked up “ZomDay” during the sale on a reco - really good for the sale price (7.50) - nice graphics, tons of weapons, persistent upgrade system. There’s a little bit of translation goofiness in the text, but it’s a fun shooty zombie game with a pretty nice look and feel.

I picked up a couple others (Serious Sam:Last Hope and Duck Season), but I haven’t had a chance to try them yet. I also downloaded a VR fan remake of Five Nights at Freddy’s (called Vive Nights at Freddy’s) that I need to muster up the courage to try as well, and I’m excited to try out the H3VR Halloween update/mode that just dropped.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

rage-saq posted:

Everyone Rift user should run Oculus Tray Tool and anyone who plays SteamVR games should run OpenVR Advanced Settings. They are complimentary.

I’m gonna need it to setup whateve for obs and poo poo anyways right? Either way, Whatever I'll check it out.

Got that wiki link we talked about last night?

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 28, 2017

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Just a heads up for anyone on the fence about PiMAX, they’ve limited the number of headsets due to their initial screen stock and they are going goddamn quickly. Kickstarter will probably be effectively over within 12 hours with all stock of 8k committed.

Unfortunately there’s no reviews of v3 prototype yet, but they’ve earned my trust over the course of the Kickstarter. Feels like they’re really trying their best to give us what we want.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
There's a Vive + Nvidia Gtx 1070 + Fallout 4 VR bundle now for 800 dollars: https://www.vive.com/us/nvidia-gtx-1070-vive-bundle/

And also 600 dollars without the video card

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does the video card even exist yet that can drive the 8k pimax well? it feels like missing out on the kickstarter will be ok cuz its gonna be another gpu generation before anything can be run at those rez's.

honestly just a guess though i'm too old to read anandtech articles for hours to find out.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Depends on if you mean the 8K or 8K X, 8K yes, X not really at the moment but nothing's stopping you from running it at a lower res and scaling up

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I just tried killing floor: incursion and it's actually pretty fun. Of course the locomotion is standard teleporting but at least for me that doesn't take me out of the experience the way the predetermined teleport points did in arktika.1. Its really polished and the shooting is pretty fun.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

GutBomb posted:

I just tried killing floor: incursion and it's actually pretty fun. Of course the locomotion is standard teleporting but at least for me that doesn't take me out of the experience the way the predetermined teleport points did in arktika.1. Its really polished and the shooting is pretty fun.

KF:I had joystick locomotion that you can enable in the settings, you still retain teleportation but it has a more limited use bar.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

EbolaIvory posted:

I’m gonna need it to setup whateve for obs and poo poo anyways right? Either way, Whatever I'll check it out.

Got that wiki link we talked about last night?

http://wiki.bulletsandmorevr.com has a guide on what to do with the OTT (game/oculus process priorities and maybe disabling ASW) and OpenVR Advanced Settings (supersampling and other steam things) along with a guide on setting up OBS.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

GutBomb posted:

I've been interested in this one, but I really want to play it co-op if i play it at all, and I'm curious on waiting until the horde mode is released and seeing how that is. Unless... thats already come out?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Hahaha, just saw this picture:

https://twitter.com/VRChallenger/status/923481842866708481

Air Lemming

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Nice. That is a great photo.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Someone forgot to run floor fix.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

That's a hell of a vertical.

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Apparently all of the Pimax prototypes are running at 75hz and there is no guarantee they can force the hardware to run at 90hz despite promising it in their kickstarter campaign. Seems really typical of a mainland Chinese company to over promise if you ask me. Good luck to everyone that backed it. I'll keep using my Vive until December 2018 and then evaluate the Pimax once the dust has settled.

iceaim fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 29, 2017

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I think you mean 'wait for gen2’ because quality HD inside-out headsets with hand-like controllers are definitely not a thing yet.

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Thor-Stryker posted:

I think you mean 'wait for gen2’ because quality HD inside-out headsets with hand-like controllers are definitely not a thing yet.

Are you referring to my post or some different post? SteamVR is modular by nature so you can upgrade to hand controllers independently of your headset. Also lighthouse technology is inside-out tracking, though not in the way you think nor the way it's incorporated with Microsoft's licensed headsets.

I'm perfectly satisfied with lighthouse tracking due the superior accurate tracking and the mounting being basically way easier than I expected. I don't need a solution similar to Microsoft's solution particularly since you can't play in the dark.

iceaim fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 29, 2017

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
I got Bullets and More in the steam sale and did some Battle Royale today. Killed some dudes, got killed plenty more. Laughed at some people. I really like the spectator mode.

Also in B&M I spawned into some Team Deathmatch map that was as big as a medium sized city. Didn't have contact with anyone in 3-4 minutes of walking around. Quit.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

iceaim posted:

Apparently all of the Pimax prototypes are running at 75hz and there is no guarantee they can force the hardware to run at 90hz despite promising it in their kickstarter campaign. Seems really typical of a mainland Chinese company to over promise if you ask me. Good luck to everyone that backed it. I'll keep using my Vive until December 2018 and then evaluate the Pimax once the dust has settled.

Lmao didn't know it was a mainland China production, that is definitely a buyer beware situation. For reasons, check GBS China thread.

Got a GTX 1080, getting a vive here come December and am extremely excited to jump on the train. Every time I have gotten to mess around with VR it's been rad

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

iceaim posted:

Are you referring to my post or some different post? SteamVR is modular by nature so you can upgrade to hand controllers independently of your headset. Also lighthouse technology is inside-out tracking, though not in the way you think nor the way it's incorporated with Microsoft's licensed headsets.

I'm perfectly satisfied with lighthouse tracking due the superior accurate tracking and the mounting being basically way easier than I expected. I don't need a solution similar to Microsoft's solution particularly since you can't play in the dark.

It was a joke buddy, just lamenting about how the 1.5 generation is poo poo and it's best to wait until gen2.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

The Walrus posted:

Just for you.

After about 10ish hours of VR time. Heres my short term results on rotations.

After each session with it on the ceiling, i end up only 2 rotations CCW or CW. It seems like now that its up, I more evenly turn since I'm not stepping on/over the cable. So, This explains why I'm rarely untangling anything anymore.

I also let my headset hang when in between rounds sometimes, This tends to zero me out as well, but like I said, max 2 turns has been my rotation at the end of each session.

So yeah, Beyond what lemming is talking about with echo, Total win.

Thor-Stryker posted:

It was a joke buddy, just lamenting about how the 1.5 generation is poo poo and it's best to wait until gen2.

BUT FOV AND OMG ITS GONNA BE LIKE HACKS FOR ONWARD PLAYERS!!!!

Thats what I hear anytime someone says pimax and someone in the lobby paid for one.

I look at the last headset. It worked, But theres a reason none of us own it.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 29, 2017

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I thought this was an interesting video on how the 3d capture was done of the actors for that blade runner experience. Seems like a lot of really cool potential in this the easier it gets to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzIo8OTZFy0

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Wilson's Heart is $10 today on Oculus store if anybody has been keeping their eye on that.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

I did not expect squatting 3 times a week to pay off for video games but well, here we are

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Lemming posted:

I did not expect squatting 3 times a week to pay off for video games but well, here we are

You guys playing the winner of this up coming one?

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Terrific Accident posted:

Wilson's Heart is $10 today on Oculus store if anybody has been keeping their eye on that.

Totally bought it in impulse at that price. Played a bit so far and it's pretty good.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Super worth it at that price. One of my very favorites.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

EbolaIvory posted:

You guys playing the winner of this up coming one?

Both of our teams get a guaranteed trip to Poland for the finals, then the next top 3 teams in terms of points from each of the US and EU get invites as well. So a total of 8 teams

You can see the rankings here:
https://play.eslgaming.com/echoarena/europe/echoarena/major/vrclechoarena-europe/
https://play.eslgaming.com/echoarena/north-america/echoarena/major/vrclechoarena-north-america/

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
EDIT: Done.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 30, 2017

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Lemming posted:

Both of our teams get a guaranteed trip to Poland for the finals, then the next top 3 teams in terms of points from each of the US and EU get invites as well. So a total of 8 teams

You can see the rankings here:
https://play.eslgaming.com/echoarena/europe/echoarena/major/vrclechoarena-europe/
https://play.eslgaming.com/echoarena/north-america/echoarena/major/vrclechoarena-north-america/

Thats awesome man, Congrats. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Lemming posted:

drat dude you're a human spring! I take it all of that squatting 3 times a week was in VR too?