Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GutBomb posted:

This poo poo appeared on youtube as an ad before watching a car review video.

Wtf is this poo poo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHXL00wY3nY

looks like a prager univeristy video, dennis prager is a right wing crank who pushes out extremely lovely apologetics and explanations in an objective tone for idiots to smugly post at people in arguments

BigRed0427 posted:

Just what the gently caress is Preger U?

basically if rush limbaugh positioned himself as an intellectual and had a "university" to push his dumb loving conspiracy theories

the most insidious thing is that you have extremely bad videos like this that blame the democrats for sabotaging nixon's peace deal in vietnam (which is utter horse poo poo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hqYGHZCJwk

and then mixed in are videos like this, which are actually... reasonable? because it's not some dumbfuck right wing hack making the video, but some reasonable person who got roped in to making videos for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcy7qV-BGF4

the video concludes that yes, the civil war was about slavery and nothing but slavery

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Prager is definitely the most irritating of all the radio hosts to me because he does try to sound intellectual. I can see the con through Hannity, Jones, Limbaugh etc, but he I think really believes his bullshit.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA6JHmVZeWE

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Reminder: This is the guy who was the 14 year old conservative radio host but I remember him more for (:nws: audio even if you look at the suggested videos) the video where True Capitalist Radio pranksters called Cowger's show during one of Ghost's haitus at the time.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any RWM freak out over Trump being all buddy-buddy with Jimmy “history’s greatest monster” Carter.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

letthereberock posted:

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any RWM freak out over Trump being all buddy-buddy with Jimmy “history’s greatest monster” Carter.

There is only the eternal now of RWM affection.

If Trump came out tomorrow tweeting about how Weinstein is a stand-up guy they'd all be falling Iver themselves to condemn Dems for presuming him guilty without trial.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Watching RWM freaking out over the DNC and Hillary funding the opposition research (which was originally started by the RNC) that led to the Trump dossier has been something else to witness. The entire rebuttal to this earth shattering is essentially "so what, and?"

"Yes, we paid for it. Your point?"

It's not illegal, it's common and there's absolutely nothing untoward about it but I guess it's a huge scandal because they can mention Hillary Clinton's name.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

BiggerBoat posted:

Watching RWM freaking out over the DNC and Hillary funding the opposition research (which was originally started by the RNC) that led to the Trump dossier has been something else to witness. The entire rebuttal to this earth shattering is essentially "so what, and?"

It's not illegal, it's common and there's absolutely nothing untoward about it but I guess it's a huge scandal because they can mention Hillary Clinton's name.

Basically this:

Startling Report Finds Evidence Democrats May Have Attempted To Influence 2016 Election

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The dems already had their own orgs/networks doing oppo research on Donnie, not sure why them paying for more is notable at all.

jfc our species deserves to die because half of it are stupid POS.

Wang_Tang
Jan 11, 2004

Cryptologic
https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/924330943883522048

Scott Adams, the man who claims he endorsed Hillary Clinton for his personal safety, is ready to persuade the gently caress out of you.

"Persuasion in a world where facts don't matter."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

PJOmega posted:

There is only the eternal now of RWM affection.

If Trump came out tomorrow tweeting about how Weinstein is a stand-up guy they'd all be falling Iver themselves to condemn Dems for presuming him guilty without trial.

It would be interesting to see if there is absolutely anyone who couldn’t get in Trump’s good graces with a little superficial flattery. Like if Obama tweeted tomorrow complimenting Trimp’s choice of ties, would Trump tweet “Fake news not reporting on kind words from Barack Obama. Real class act.”

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Wang_Tang posted:

Scott Adams, the man who claims he endorsed Hillary Clinton for his personal safety, is ready to persuade the gently caress out of you.

Gee I wonder what Scott Adams has been up to lately?

quote:

Today might be one of the biggest days of my life, and it will be impossible to explain why that is so unless you know at least a little bit about blockchain, dAPPS, cryptocurrencies, Ethereum, and the legal distinction between a Simple Agreement for Future Tokens (SAFT) and an ICO.

If those words look unfamiliar, one of the biggest technical revolutions the world has ever known is sneaking up on you. The folks in Silicon Valley – who live about three years in the future compared to the rest of the country – can’t stop talking about this topic. The smartest people in the Valley tell me blockchain will change nearly everything, and already is. It’s like “the Internet” before anyone had heard of the Internet. That’s how big it is.

Oh boy, Scott got into cryptocurrencies. :allears:

quote:

Our Pre-sale is now in progress and our Public Sale starts on Nov. 10, 2017. During the Pre-sale, the minimum investment amount is $50,000 and participants get an Early Bird bonus of 30%. For the Public Sale the minimum amount is $250, and the the Early Bird discount starts at 20% and decreases to none in two weeks.

And he's running his own scam!

Surprisingly, most of the comments are people calling this out as a huge scam.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Wang_Tang posted:

And yet he has to ask which ad is more persuasive...

:thunk:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

STAC Goat posted:

In fairness he was probably just looking up trans makeup tips for one his shocking and hilarious exposes where he dresses like a woman and harasses little girls in bathrooms to show how perverted trans people are or something.

I thought this was at a gym?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Moktaro posted:

And yet he has to ask which ad is more persuasive...

:thunk:

How much you want to bet there's a whole chapter on how creating this illusion of choice and input made you buy the book?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

GutBomb posted:

Wtf is this poo poo?

The Alt Right is small! They don't represent us! They're overtly racist and aithiest and engage in identity politics like you know who....

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

GutBomb posted:

Wtf is this poo poo?

Make sure to click on it and help Youtube earn some ad money.

Edit:

Only if you get it as an ad. Don't give it natural engagement.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Wang_Tang posted:

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/924372609852231685

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

BigRed0427 posted:

THERE was a similar one someone pointed out on Twitter I think talking about gender identify. Basically, I never heard these terms before so they must be made up liberal terms.

Just what the gently caress is Preger U?

Praeger U is Dennis Praeger’s YouTube page with a separate website front end. He’s a right wing talk radio host that I believe has a decent amount of syndication. I heard him when I lived in Arizona for a bit.

All the videos are the same style and explain things like how Israel isn’t actually an apartheid state and that women are happier without radical feminism. It’s a deep disgusting hole you can dive into if you decide you really hate yourself one day

E: didn’t notice this has already been answered

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Wang_Tang posted:

The irony here is that, to my memory (of the Dilbert TV show at least, I've never read the comic), Trump's brand of bombastic stupidity and incompetence was anathema to Dogbert. Or at leas the TV show's Dogbert, which was made in spite of Adams instead of in concert with him. I have no idea if Adams has altered his author avatar character to be more in keeping with his more assholish modern self in the comic, however. So I could be wrong.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Reminder: Dilbert originally got big by it being 90% Scott Adams drawing and making strips directly from the reader mail.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Aka White Collar Pluggers

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I would give a kidney to see Trump announce he's endorsing a Democrat in 2020, just to see RWM heads explode trying to spin it.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
I didn’t think Dilbertman could top God’s Debris as an exercise in self-wankery, but here you go.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Tardigrade posted:

I didn’t think Dilbertman could top God’s Debris as an exercise in self-wankery, but here you go.
A podcast reviews this book. Fun fact, this thread is how I found this podcast.
Bonus issue:
http://www.idontevenownatelevision.com/2017/07/23/086-rush-revere-and-the-american-revolution-w-kefin-mahon/

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I learned today that Bill O'Reilly wrote a book depicting a sexually predatory journalist who gets fired and starts murdering his ex-coworkers. And apparently he even read the audio book version of it. :stare:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Definitely not a self insert fanfic. He doesn't gently caress any chick peas.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Zipperelli. posted:

I would give a kidney to see Trump announce he's endorsing a Democrat in 2020, just to see RWM heads explode trying to spin it.

I was going to go through screening to donate my kidney to my Trump-voting father because I was scared that Trump and the GOP was going to destroy the ACA. Then he died right at the beginning of January.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Star Man posted:

I was going to go through screening to donate my kidney to my Trump-voting father because I was scared that Trump and the GOP was going to destroy the ACA. Then he died right at the beginning of January.

drat that's rough. You're a bigger person than me, a Trump supporter would never get one of my kidneys, but then again, my dads already dead.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

WSJ opinion states that Mueller lacks critical distance to conduct probe, incidentally the WSJ is the property of the same owners of Fox News.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democrats-russians-and-the-fbi-1508971759

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Smol posted:

I learned today that Bill O'Reilly wrote a book depicting a sexually predatory journalist who gets fired and starts murdering his ex-coworkers. And apparently he even read the audio book version of it. :stare:

He also murders stand ins for Michael Moore and Al Franken in the book, if I recall correctly. Also yeah the audio book is amazingly creepy when read by O’Reilly, who has zero charisma or warmth in the recording booth from the excerpts I’ve heard. You can really tell that that’s what O’Reilly is actually thinking and what he’s really like when he thinks nobody’s watching or listening to him.

Franken talks about the book in Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them, and it’s quite funny to listen to him dissect it.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Inspector Gesicht posted:

WSJ opinion states that Mueller lacks critical distance to conduct probe, incidentally the WSJ is the property of the same owners of Fox News.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democrats-russians-and-the-fbi-1508971759

Remember, according to the right's talking heads WSJ is a liberal rag. Somehow.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

FOX News host Greg Gutfeld subsequently joined the fray when he sarcastically quipped that “Radiohead is the poor man’s Coldplay.” He later rehashed the joke by calling Radiohead a “poor man’s Air Supply” and said he would “ban Radiohead in public places” if he were ever elected president then “I would like to see Radiohead perform my favorite song ‘Yellow'”. When that joke fell flat, he tried another: “By the way, on cable they had There Will Be Blood on, and you know the soundtrack is done by Coldplay — it’s fantastic.” 

and they produced a fake ad

“Yorke-B-Gone” to rid herself of “Radiohead lice.” 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDKZJhHy3CQ

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

what decade is this even

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Jesus that was painful. I honestly can't get past her obvious bone deep distaste and very clear "I want to be somewhere else" vibe.

What controversy was she speaking of?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Man, Greg Gutfeld. You ever meet someone who has built an identity around the idea of them being a funny guy, but they aren't actually that funny?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Gee I wonder what Scott Adams has been up to lately?

Oh boy, Scott got into cryptocurrencies. :allears:

And he's running his own scam!

Surprisingly, most of the comments are people calling this out as a huge scam.

Oh boy it's leaking into the strip too.

Aaaand goons are already editing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

im insanely here for dilbert man to defend the magic the gathering online exchange man