Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

The soundtrack is 'From Russia With Love' :flashfap:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

really good

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

bulletsponge13 posted:

Daredevil season 1 finale.

Thanks! I knew I recognized the scene from somewhere but couldn't recall.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gorka weighs in

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/924088204613046272

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Why does he always act like such a ponce?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

"a man who lives off a prostitute's earnings." ?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

shame on an IGA posted:

oops my bad, kinda weak on canon law from coming up in one of those unaffiliated deep south churches where the only rule was "fear the browns"

It is, however, fully in line with at least a half dozen encyclicals from the past 130 years.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Son of Moonraker. Cupholder of the sacred tit of Attila.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

BigDave posted:

"a man who lives off a prostitute's earnings." ?

hes definitely pimping out good taste, poo poo, everything he says is like taking rationality and putting it through that scene in Leaving Las Vegas

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

His brand is bullshit like all the others, but he sells a cultured, premium bullshit that he uses fake credentials to back up.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Well back when Reagan was in office was the last time we had major tax cuts and and and and

I would tell you the rest but this is about where I stopped paying attention and started playing tug o war with Monty.

Whats cool is even Bush knew trickledown was bullshit.

Until he became VP of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2UAuFArbOY

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Perfection.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

This is up there with Hitler's Really Good

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Syrian Lannister posted:

This is up there with Hitler's Really Good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXxkFd3lHaM

Time for the classic.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Dead Reckoning posted:

When that happens, the other attorney should immediately allege a Batson violation.

I don't think dismissing a former President out of hand rises to the level of violating Baston. It's the fact he was POTUS that is leading to his dismissal, not the color of his skin.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BUG JUG posted:

I don't think dismissing a former President out of hand rises to the level of violating Baston. It's the fact he was POTUS that is leading to his dismissal, not the color of his skin.

Yes but they should do it just so they can say they did.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The New Colossus includes an overheard conversation between two Nazis where they complain about how it's not ok to promote violence against them for having a different viewpoint. Then talk about how they hope they get put on the same death squad together.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 28, 2017

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Casimir Radon posted:

The New Colossus includes an overheard conversation between two Nazis where they complain about how it's not ok to promote violence against them for having a different viewpoint. Then talk about how they hope they get put on the same death squad together.

First klansman you see in the game is named Jeb.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

https://twitter.com/MichaelEHayden/status/924300471396904961

It's great how common hatred of the Nazis, the Klan and the Pats can bring us all together.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's gotta be some jeff gordon hate in that crowd.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Terrifying Effigies posted:

https://twitter.com/MichaelEHayden/status/924300471396904961

It's great how common hatred of the Nazis, the Klan and the Pats can bring us all together.

I support this.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

He ain't wrong

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Looks like Roger Stone might've been banned from twitter.

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/924394593587736577

:laugh:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
The American Nazi party twitter account still exists lol

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The American Nazi party twitter account still exists lol

well i reported them, but not like it matters

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Got to let 'em tweet; this America, man.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

No

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nah

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

It'd sure be nice if Twitter just banned all the accounts that magically vanish if you set your location to Germany.

I actually asked a German citizen friend who works for Twitter if that really worked (btw it does), and she said "i can't really talk about that, but we do things like that, yes." I have no idea why they don't want to admit it.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

If you are not in and you let a nazi talk without getting punched in the face.
gently caress you

If you are in, i can forgive you for not punching them but just walk away and don't give them attention.

HOWEVER.

If you are in and you hear one of your coworkers talk like a loving nazi, being a racist and you don't report then,
gently caress you too.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ElMaligno posted:

If you are in
gently caress you too.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ElMaligno posted:

gently caress you

If you are in, i can forgive you for not punching them but just walk away and don't give them attention.

HOWEVER.

If you are in and you hear one of your coworkers talk like a loving nazi, being a racist and you don't report then,
gently caress you too.

always be punchin' nazis

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

joat mon posted:

Particularly since Obama was called up for state court in Illinois, yes.

jesus christ guys

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

ElMaligno posted:

gently caress you

HOWEVER.

gently caress you too.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2017/10/23/military-times-poll-one-in-four-troops-sees-white-nationalism-in-the-ranks/

quote:

Nearly one in four troops polled say they have seen examples of white nationalism among their fellow service members, and troops rate it as a larger national security threat than Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan, according to a new Military Times poll.

The troops were surveyed about one month after white supremacist groups and counter-protesters clashed in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Critics of Trump have accused him of emboldening groups who wish to discriminate against minorities, through both his public comments and policies.

If 25% of soldiers are actually willing to admit to a poll that they have seen something illegal occur, then you know it's bad.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zeris posted:

https://www.armytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2017/10/23/military-times-poll-one-in-four-troops-sees-white-nationalism-in-the-ranks/

If 25% of soldiers are actually willing to admit to a poll that they have seen something illegal occur, then you know it's bad.

Problem? What problem?

quote:

Nearly five percent of those polled left comments complaining that groups like Black Lives Matter — whose stated goal is to raise awareness of violence and discrimination towards black people — weren’t included among the options for threats to national security.

quote:

Singling out white supremacist groups irritated some of the troops surveyed.

“White nationalism is not a terrorist organization,” wrote one Navy commander, who declined to give his name.

“You do realize white nationalists and racists are two totally different types of people?” wrote another anonymous Air Force staff sergeant.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
No surprise that the military has its share of ultra conservative racist poo poo heads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Fascists? In our military? Scientists say it's more likely than you think.

• Locked thread