Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Holy lol they spelled his name wrong in the tribute

His name was spelled wrong. They fixed it, as a posthumous favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
They changed it to Eris?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

doverhog posted:

They changed it to Eris?

Everyone knows they spell it Erith nowadays.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah, it looks like the guy tore a hole in his oil pan by driving over that metal thingy.

Luckily that thirty feet or so isn't enough time for the oil to fully drain and cause engine damage, provided he shut the car down as quickly as possible. It'll be an irritating repair, but replacing the oil pan and oil is a hell of a lot cheaper than scrapping the engine because a piston seized.

Like this guy for instance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ0S_NJxVK0&t=180s

I know the driver was a bit old and slow but how do you live your whole life and be such a bad communicator as that motorcyclist. "You don't need to drive your car." What's the dude supposed to say to that. "Your oil your oil." He didn't once say the car was damaged. Stop now. Anything.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phanatic posted:

Bullshit. Cite or retract.

Not finland, but Dutch cops definitely do shoot legs instead of center mass, unless in situations of direct self-defense:
https://www.politie.nl/themas/schietincident.html

I know US cops are cowards and incompetents who shouldn't be allowed to have guns in the first place but it's actually possible to train to shoot to try to minimize the chance of killing people.
Disclaimer: Dutch police are also bad. :ssh:

From a video someone posted earlier, this whole Tiny House movement is getting out of hand:
https://i.imgur.com/o6rlw0m.gifv

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I know the driver was a bit old and slow but how do you live your whole life and be such a bad communicator as that motorcyclist. "You don't need to drive your car." What's the dude supposed to say to that. "Your oil your oil." He didn't once say the car was damaged. Stop now. Anything.

You know how some people are like, just inherently really good teachers? They're much better than the average person at explaining complicated ideas in a simple way, helping the layman grasp a difficult concept?

Well logically there have to be people out there who are the opposite of that.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

ekuNNN posted:

Not finland, but Dutch cops definitely do shoot legs instead of center mass, unless in situations of direct self-defense:
https://www.politie.nl/themas/schietincident.html

I know US cops are cowards and incompetents who shouldn't be allowed to have guns in the first place but it's actually possible to train to shoot to try to minimize the chance of killing people.
Disclaimer: Dutch police are also bad. :ssh:

quote:

When there is emergency weather, an agent often has no time to de-escalate. He is then authorized to shoot

Boy I'd hate to be stopped by the cops on a stormy day.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Garrand posted:

Boy I'd hate to be stopped by the cops on a stormy day.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Why did these three men kick these three children and then in response get hit by three men?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Trisomy 21

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I'm surprised McDonald's hasn't implemented 3-story restaurants yet.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Kay Kessler posted:

I saw a 2 story McDonalds in Japan, I bet they're planning one for the noveau rich in Shanghai because everything has to be bigger in Shanghai

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
there is, or at least was last time i was there, a three-story mcdonald's on broadway in manhattan

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Don Gato posted:

I saw a 2 story McDonalds in Japan, I bet they're planning one for the noveau rich in Shanghai because everything has to be bigger in Shanghai

2 story arrangements are not uncommon for fast food franchises in a lot of European cities, too*.

*I'm talking about the overcrowded ancient centers of larger cities.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Kay Kessler posted:

There's a McDonald's with a basement dining area here in Ottawa.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/...7ad76b0dd6.html

A home invader got shot in the butt 4 times

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I feel like this one of those things where later in the day his neighbor's are quoted with "He was a good neighbor. Mostly kept to himself. We never figured he'd do anything like that"

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Don Gato posted:

There at least used to be a two story McDonald's in Charlotte. I remember it was a treat for us to go there when we were in town visiting my grandparents when I was a kid.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

This would not have happened if he'd had a gun.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

U-DO Burger posted:

This would not have happened if he'd had a gun.

Which one? Maybe all three needed a gun.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
If I had a gun I'd shoot this thread.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

How could his wife even consider taking his kids away when his Tekken career is set to blast off?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Jesus christ

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
If I were her I would've tekken the kids long ago.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

Jesus christ

now ask yourself: how much of that is him "trashing" the basement, and how much is just what it normally looks like?

you know the answer.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

DavidAlltheTime posted:

If I were her I would've tekken the kids long ago.

He's going to have to tag team 2 weekends a month

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

U-DO Burger posted:

Jesus christ

It gets worse, the dude got into a minor car accident and still doesn't think it's as bad as his Tekken ranking. His dog hides under a bed whenever he goes downstairs to play video games. The dude has a legit problem.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

doverhog posted:

I don't live in the US. In Finland someone has to actually attack you before you can defend yourself, and any defense must be proportional to the threat, and be immediately stopped if the attack stops. Shooting someone who breaks in to your house brandishing a knife is not allowed for example, because a gun is a disproportional defense compared to the knife.

Several states here in the US make it illegal to stop your own murder too.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Inco posted:

It gets worse, the dude got into a minor car accident and still doesn't think it's as bad as his Tekken ranking. His dog hides under a bed whenever he goes downstairs to play video games. The dude has a legit problem.

Not related but your custom av is probably the best forums schad story that doesn't involve people being jerks.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICEPXhZeEMU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElqF3IUGRcE

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Fighting game playerbases have some seriously hosed up people in them. There was a scandal a few years back where a player was banned form most tournaments for beating his girlfriend. And one infamous instance had a guy let a Smash player crash at his place and he caught the dude masturbating into the sleeping bag he lent him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Didn't one of the top Smash players throw his poop at someone?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Please tell me you have a source link for this lol

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Roads Minister labels truck drivers 'dickheads' for repeatedly hitting notorious Footscray bridge

Victorian Roads Minister Luke Donnellan posted:

You've really got to be a dickhead in ignoring every sign to hit a bridge

The schad is kind of on the public of Victoria because they're spending $1.2 million of our money to put up a whole bunch of high-tech poo poo that crank-ed up truck drivers are going to keep ignoring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Memento posted:

Roads Minister labels truck drivers 'dickheads' for repeatedly hitting notorious Footscray bridge

The schad is kind of on the public of Victoria because they're spending $1.2 million of our money to put up a whole bunch of high-tech poo poo that crank-ed up truck drivers are going to keep ignoring.

Yeah, as soon as I read "every time someone hits the bridge they have to stop the railway line for testing" I thought "why don't they put a big gently caress-off solid gantry six feet in front of and six inches lower than the bridge, so that the bridge is safe and we have another delicious can-opener to produce thread content?