Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Free Kay Felder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Tatum is good
Fox is good
DSJ is good
Markkanen is good
Mitchell is good
Isaac, Anunoby, Kuzma, Jordan Bell have all shown flashes

2017 draft class putting 2016 to shame so far.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/mikegrich/status/924441818984415232

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Watch it have been a small piece of falling space debris.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Kibner posted:

Watch it have been a small piece of falling space debris.

From a Russian satellite at that.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how many bulls highlights just involve guys just falling down and eating poo poo

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

New Orleans Spurs: https://cf-e2.streamablevideo.com/video/mp4/xt67c.mp4?token=1509248599-XerE7d6E5rfP%2FloiRHPJeIVqFHsc8RqdYA4GJEUTTMI%3D

Woah, how is that embedding? and how do I make it smaller?

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 29, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

every bulls highlight looks like the rollerskating raptor

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Chandler Parsons is alive? AND he had a good game??

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

:lol:

Kibner fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 29, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

WhyteRyce posted:

they were chanting Let's Go Parsons tonight

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

tanglewood1420 posted:

Anunoby

2017 draft class putting 2016 to shame so far.

Meanwhile Justin Jackson looks extremely bland, mediocre, and over-matched despite his promised polish :sigh:

Oh well, at least it was forward thinking of Vlade to draft Luka Doncic's backup before we actually have Doncic

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
My favorite play in the game tonight:

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/924492748580777985

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Jeff Green everybody:

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/924496592752689157

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

TBF dokmo just posted a video of the Spurs missing like 8 shots that open against the Magic. Granted Orlando didn't just collectively dare the Spurs to take them and refuse to try to close but still.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

DeimosRising posted:

TBF dokmo just posted a video of the Spurs missing like 8 shots that open against the Magic. Granted Orlando didn't just collectively dare the Spurs to take them and refuse to try to close but still.

It's Jeff Green, though, not Danny Green.

----

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/924487293481742336

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

every bulls highlight looks like the rollerskating raptor

https://twitter.com/mkarantzoulis/status/924500085827760129

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

We already knew he was good, this confirms he is cool too.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

So, how does an emergency draft work if a team's plane goes down during the season and wipes them out?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

He went on to explain that it's because "only owls can see at night". I love Evan Turner

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Charlz Guybon posted:

So, how does an emergency draft work if a team's plane goes down during the season and wipes them out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vIZbDa__1o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disaster_draft#National_Basketball_Association

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Charlz Guybon posted:

Wikipedia

quote:

National Basketball Association
The National Basketball Association (NBA) contingency plan activates if five or more players on a team "die or are dismembered". A special "disaster draft" would be held in which other NBA teams could only protect five players, so that quality sixth men would be available. No more than one player would be drafted from a team.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

Charlz Guybon posted:

That happened in the Russian hockey league in 2011.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Lokomotiv_Yaroslavl_plane_crash

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Bulls should look into this new team building idea

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

That seems too good to be true. Not every team can protect their prospects so the disaster draft would either get a ton of quality players or prospects or both. No superstars but it would definitely put the disaster draft team ahead of most crappy teams out there.

So... in theory... the best way to reset a bad roster full of crappy contracts like the Knicks is to literally destroy it and start over...

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Doltos posted:

That seems too good to be true. Not every team can protect their prospects so the disaster draft would either get a ton of quality players or prospects or both. No superstars but it would definitely put the disaster draft team ahead of most crappy teams out there.

So... in theory... the best way to reset a bad roster full of crappy contracts like the Knicks is to literally destroy it and start over...

As an acolyte of Hinkie-ism, I'm so glad that you all are realizing the truth.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Doltos posted:

Hell it's five or more so just put porzingis on the bus maybe hardaway and fly the rest into a mountain.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
This is actually Lacob’s idea to disrupt the NBA in a few years when the roster is aging and absurdly expensive

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

even as the last remaining process-sucks holdout, simmons is my dude.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Serious question, can owls do this?
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/924308671198318592

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

GobiasIndustries posted:

Serious question, can owls do this?

Depends. How many?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Cool Buff Man posted:

He went on to explain that it's because "only owls can see at night". I love Evan Turner

I love how this implies the owl did it on purpose

e: wait, I'm dumb. Apparently only owls fly at night.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

Hell it's five or more so just put porzingis on the bus maybe hardaway and fly the rest into a mountain.

1. Would they still have to pay Joakim Noah's mother $55m over the next three years?

2. How is her pick and roll defence?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Yeah. Google some form of "plane nose bird collision" and there are a bunch of different pics from over the years.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Dexo posted:

The Bulls should look into this new team building idea

That would impede their tanking. 1-81 baby!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

WhyteRyce posted:

I just watched that game and it was the weirdest thing. He even dunked. What the gently caress?

That's the rookie ESPN should be hyping all day every day. So good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Simmons has been absolutely incredible .

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/vineyille/status/580036338164039681

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

What kind of team could you build from a disaster draft from scratch if you had to? I'm guessing if you went win now you would be around 30 wins or so. No team is going to leave any of their future talents unprotected so if you go for the future you'd have to take some big swings on raw potential/guys in bad situations and hope some hit. Either way, I'm not sure it'd much better than the Bulls or Knicks current rosters.

gently caress it, I'll do this anyway as a thought experiment. I'll take Chicago and assume that everyone is incapacitated so they need 15 players. Each team protects five, but cannot have more than two taken from them.

Two alternative teams:

Gamble on youth/tank tank tank

PG Tyus Jones (Minnesota)
SG Jonathan Simmons (Orlando)
SF Terrence Ross (Orlando)
PF Juan Hernangomez (Denver)
C Willie Cauley-Stein (Sacramento)

G Cory Joseph (Indiana)
G Patrick McCaw (Golden State)
G/F Norman Powell (Toronto)
G/F Timothee Luwawu-Cabarot (Philadelphia)
F Alex Abrines (OKC)
F Davis Bertans (San Antonio)
F Trey Lyles (Denver)
F Harry Giles (Sacramento)
C Richuan Holmes (Philadelphia)
C Jordan Bell (Golden State)

Lets go for the eight seed!

PG Seth Curry (Dallas)
SG Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (LA Lakers)
SF Wilson Chandler (Denver)
PF Derek Favors (Utah)
C Cody Zeller (Charlotte)

G Marcus Smart (Boston)
G Tyus Jones (Minnesota)
G Tyler Johnson (Miami Heat)
G/F Danny Green (San Antonio)
F Al Farooq Aminu (Portland)
F CJ Miles (Toronto)
F Marcus Morris (Boston)
F Ryan Anderson (Houston)
F/C Gorgui Dieng (Minnesota)
C Bismack Biyombo (Orlando)

I'm assuming Phoenix would protect Eric Bledsoe as they'd want assets for him in a trade, but it not then stick him in.

The biggest problem with the win now team is point guards for sure. No team will leave their main starter unprotected and very few teams have a reasonable backup. But there are plenty of decent enough wings and bigs that would be available. You could definitely build a pretty solid defensive team, but shot creators and volume scorers would be thin on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

I wonder how long the Bulls are going to have to tank for their front office to not gently caress it up. They seem like the type of team to draft a B tier star and sell out for 42 wins and the 8th seed before needing to tank again.

• Locked thread