Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Frinkahedron posted:

Virginia Tech @ Miami will be the 8PM ABC game next week.

go hokies

That really should be Gameday...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
So "Rush every field" is just how they do things in Clemson. That's good and cool.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
For anyone who missed it, this was also cool and good...

https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/924462771407867904

Scarf fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 29, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Scarf posted:

Clemson/NCSU is also good but Bedlam should be the call.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Crotch Bat posted:

Clemson/NCSU is also good but Bedlam should be the call.

Ahhh didn't realize that was next week... Yeah, that makes sense.

The Textile Bowl is set for 330pm on ABC. I'm ok with that.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

it will be bedlam because i bet you a bajillion dollars they will be in miami the week after for convicts v catholics round II.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DC Murderverse posted:

it will be bedlam because i bet you a bajillion dollars they will be in miami the week after for convicts v catholics round II.

Only if Lou Holtz and Jimmy Johnson are both guest pickers.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

DC Murderverse posted:

Probably but I could see UGA @ Auburn if VT beats Miami next week and Canes are no longer undefeated. Honestly the best choice would be Okie State @ ISU but they're not going to do OSU two weeks in a row.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

To be fair that really only adds 75 yards at most, assuming they don't commit a ton of penalties in OT.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

DC Murderverse posted:

For ND @ Miami to be two top 10 teams Miami has to play a lot better against VT than they did today against UNC. ND will have Wake at home and DEACS BITCH but ND will probably win.

Or not. gently caress it, Hail Xort.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

swickles posted:

To be fair that really only adds 75 yards at most, assuming they don't commit a ton of penalties in OT.

True but ~80 yards of passing were also on their last drive of regulation to tie things up.

I wasn't saying the passing game was bad today, it's more that MSU has always been extremely stubborn about establishing the run, and with a young o-line and inexperienced QB, if they don't get the passing game going consistently (something they haven't been able to do this year and didn't really do today until the 4th) it's tough to win games.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Houston somehow knocked off USF because Major grew a pair and finally put in D'Eriq King at QB (and also some massive luck on the final drive)

Sumlin is getting canned this season lol

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
The PAC 12 doesn’t have an elite team but there aren’t many free wins in that league. Looks rough.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Bama
UGA
ND
Clemson unless Wiscy runs the table

Bama vs Clemson rubber match (or UW)
UGA vs ND re-match

If Bama were to destroy UGA and OSU beats Wisconsin then switch those out. Clemson's not particularly great but defending champs rep will buy them in as well as the possibility of a rubber match with Bama.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 29, 2017

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Would a one-loss loser of the SEC champ game (i.e. Bama vs UGA) still make the playoff?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

curried lamb of God posted:

Would a one-loss loser of the SEC champ game (i.e. Bama vs UGA) still make the playoff?

Given the overall weakness of the field, I think so provided the SECCG wasn't a blowout and a convincing win didn't happen somewhere else e.g. OSU blowing out Wisconsin. Especially true if UGA wins the SEC.

Committee wants eyes on TVs, Bama/Clemson is a must if possible, ND always brings in people good and bad, a good SECCG re-match isn't out of the question, I think.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 29, 2017

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I'll be at the game. Finally a night game!

This was our worst played game of the season and we came out with a win in a place we are terrible playing at. Rosier was in a sling post-game so I think his shoulder was hurt, which explains his day along with why our backup was in for a drive.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

WILD

CATS

BITCH

same

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Scarf posted:

Bedlam will be top 10 and theres also Bama/LSU and they haven't been to Tuscaloosa yet this year

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Also we have Tuesday night, halloween maction this week guys

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Also we have Tuesday night, halloween maction this week guys

:spooky:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I don’t think ISU has ever been tied for first in the Big 12 this late in the season. poo poo’s crazy.

https://youtu.be/7MYdr8Fkah0

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Go Dawgs, I'm drunk, etc., goodnight

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I hope that Penn State loses every single game in perpetuity. This is a good start!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

N: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPjqAADShE4
Rest in peace, Florida.

V: Bless his heart, and a nice season so far with the U, but it says much for Richt Era PTSD that I was absolutely sure the Dawgs were gonna blow it when it was 21-0. Then Georgia's defense reminded me that, nah, we cool.

V2: This is a particularly unlikeable Florida team, from its smack-talking, chippy players, to its bucktoothed weirdo coach. Whole thing's a mess. I assume McElwain's detonated himself and got himself fired with cause because of the whoopsy-daisy-not-really-death-threats, so if we're living in a world where he's gone and Butch Jones remains, uh

V3: Muschamp's gonna be UGA's best test in a while, no really, so the team better be ready to bring the wood next week. Fromm might have to complete more than 4 passes.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
There’s still a South Carolina that’s gaining momentum, a semi-competent Kentucky, and Auburn left for Georgia (Georgia Tech too but they suck). Auburn is likely their last test before Judgment Day in Atlanta, but the other two SEC games are not to be taken lightly. Kirby seems to have fixed the problem Georgia’s had with sleepwalking into games though so I’m feeling pretty confident.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
That is remarkably well done. I love the rear view mirrors as the gator eyebrow bump, and the overall fit and finish is great.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

There’s still a South Carolina that’s gaining momentum, a semi-competent Kentucky, and Auburn left for Georgia (Georgia Tech too but they suck). Auburn is likely their last test before Judgment Day in Atlanta, but the other two SEC games are not to be taken lightly. Kirby seems to have fixed the problem Georgia’s had with sleepwalking into games though so I’m feeling pretty confident.

Kentucky and South Carolina are both better than Florida/Tennessee/Vanderbilt. Long way to go, yeah.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Arizona/Wazzu took a dip into Pac-12 After Dark in the the third quarter which, actually is not all that fun in person at least when it's generally not going your way, but like the wheels came off Washington State after that and I really don't know why but hey I'll take it.

A small voice is saying to me "hey Arizona's a couple slightly competent quarterback plays away from possibly being unbeaten" which I guess is true but Arizona is not a great team so it is probably for the best to not have that sort of thing floating over them. Although they are a GOOD team which is really exciting to see. 6 wins was the best case scenario for many pundits and predictors and it's great to already hit it in October and Arizona is going to a bowl so hell loving yeah.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Oregon just has to beat the Beavers to get bowl eligible. :unsmith:

And, like, not have every offensive starter murdered by Washington.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/GoDucks/status/924413609257533440

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

Jordanis posted:

Oregon just has to beat the Beavers to get bowl eligible. :unsmith:

And, like, not have every offensive starter murdered by Washington.

I so want the Beavs only P12 win this season to be the Civil War. The ultimate spite win!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Good, but nothing's gonna beat BYU this year.

e: for context
https://twitter.com/JasmineLWatkins/status/917548916803035138

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Oct 29, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

AsInHowe posted:

The promotion for the Ohio game would have been awkward against Penn State

Also lol.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV somehow beat Fresno State lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ur in my world now posted:

Mizzou won. Hooray. :geno:

Missouri and Odom have done what they should do the last two weeks.

Why do I find this so unsettling?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lessail posted:

UNLV somehow beat Fresno State lol

thank you

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Tad SG posted:

I so want the Beavs only P12 win this season to be the Civil War. The ultimate spite win!

If we somehow beat Washington, y'all can have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
How is butch not fired yet

• Locked thread