Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

haljordan posted:

Lmao loans for a wedding. Bet he uses pay day loan joints too.

Apparently this is a thing in Canada, or at least in Ontario. Now you have certain ethnic groups where large weddings are just tradition, but I know of several people who have gotten loans to pay for huge weddings. They'll also throw a "stag and doe" party which is more like a fundraiser for the couple. You rent out some hall, sell tickets, and auction off prizes as well as a cash bar. [

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Oh yeah...

So I was at my local record store today picking up a few things. Some old guy comes in and starts asking the owner if he can bring in his collection to sell it.

Guy: So I have a bunch of rock records from the 60s and 70s I'd like to sell.
Owner: Sounds good. Just bring it in and we'll have a look.
Guy: I have Rolling Stones. Would you take those?
Owner: Yes.
Guy: I have Crosby Stills and Nash. Would you take those?
Owner: Yes.
Guy: I have Crosby Still Nash and Young. Would you take those?
Owner:.....Yes
Guy: What about Led Zeppelin. Would you take those?
Owner: YES! I will take anything classic rock.
Guy: I have the Who. Would you take those?
Owner: :doh:

If I wasn't looking at the guy with my own eyes I would have sworn it was Richard.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Did he give Chief Jay Strongbow a blowjob?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I have Rusty Snatch, would you take those?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

A real man of the people. Face hosed me like a wild animal.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Holy poo poo Jeff the Drunk is making an appearance tomorrow at a fuckin beef jerky store fifteen minutes away from me

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

haljordan posted:

Holy poo poo Jeff the Drunk is making an appearance tomorrow at a fuckin beef jerky store fifteen minutes away from me

If you go, see if you can get a pic with him for the thread. But only if you're comfortable with that.
Maybe he can drape his dead arm over your shoulder (kidding).

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I was actually planning on going to the place eventually because I want some beef jerky

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Sand Monster posted:

He was also doing a lot of gigs on the road as an emcee and things like that to supplement his income, plus I'm sure his book deal wasn't too shabby.

We will know if he's having a rough time if he every puts on the monkey suit again. Or if he writes a tell all book.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

haljordan posted:

I was actually planning on going to the place eventually because I want some beef jerky

Go, buy your jerky, see him, give a slight wave and say 'Oh, hey Jeff', and then leave.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

That makes sense because his gimpy arm is basically jerky at this point.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

You missed Sour Shoes there like a month ago.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

OOOOOOOOoooooooooooh!!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

OOOOOOOOoooooooooooh!!

I want you to go to jail

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
No more phone calls

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Sand Monster posted:

I can't decide if this beef jerky store is awesome or pathetic.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/TVsTimStack/status/839705577408208896

GenoCanSing fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 28, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

This is incredible. I mean that in the most genuine way. Holy poo poo. Him as a child x2, plus what I assume is his mom.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Those photos make me very sad

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That poo poo is real . God drat . Life.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
And that little boy grew up to blow a load in airforce amy's mouth.

And now you know...

...the rest of the story.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Do you think, looking at those pictures, that he ever had a real chance to at least have a normal disposition?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Do you think, looking at those pictures, that he ever had a real chance to at least have a normal disposition?

No, absolutely not. He was enormously and obviously super hosed-up from birth, there is no way anyone ever treated him like a normal kid.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Former Human posted:

I can't decide if this beef jerky store is awesome or pathetic.

As long as they sell toothpicks, awesome.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I'm not basing this on anything but I think a lot of progress has been made in regards to how special needs kids should be raised that might have made Eric a lot less hosed up mentally. Society used (think like 70+ years ago) to treat them wholly as outcasts and freaks and the parents were usually encouraged just to lock them in a room where people couldn't see them then the snapback from that was ultra-coddling where they were never to be corrected when wrong or treated as anything but unique glimmering stars and to be given anything and everything at a moment's notice because of some sort of warped sense of merit from parents. Nowadays, I think the prevailing thought is to raise them exactly like you would a normal child (within the boundary of their handicap) so that they're more well adjusted as they age. Eric grew up in that ultra-coddling period and it stunted his social and mental growth extremely hard.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

No, absolutely not. He was enormously and obviously super hosed-up from birth, there is no way anyone ever treated him like a normal kid.

You're likely right.

I have two sons, the older one who had a brush with the real possibility of being severely disabled when he was less than a year old (thankfully, it turned out to be nothing), and these pictures are really depressing. From time to time, I'll look at my son and think about how it all could have been drastically different and goddammit, now I'm crying in the loving stern thread. gently caress. :smith:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

It's ok Rupert. You know what to do. You know what to do.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Your son would have just grown up at the lake house, no big deal

BobbyK fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 29, 2017

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

You're likely right.

I have two sons, the older one who had a brush with the real possibility of being severely disabled when he was less than a year old (thankfully, it turned out to be nothing), and these pictures are really depressing. From time to time, I'll look at my son and think about how it all could have been drastically different and goddammit, now I'm crying in the loving stern thread. gently caress. :smith:

You could always have taken the Scott DePace route and abandoned him. Same thing if he turns out gay.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

"Who's High-Pitch?"

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

I'm not basing this on anything but I think a lot of progress has been made in regards to how special needs kids should be raised that might have made Eric a lot less hosed up mentally. Society used (think like 70+ years ago) to treat them wholly as outcasts and freaks and the parents were usually encouraged just to lock them in a room where people couldn't see them then the snapback from that was ultra-coddling where they were never to be corrected when wrong or treated as anything but unique glimmering stars and to be given anything and everything at a moment's notice because of some sort of warped sense of merit from parents. Nowadays, I think the prevailing thought is to raise them exactly like you would a normal child (within the boundary of their handicap) so that they're more well adjusted as they age. Eric grew up in that ultra-coddling period and it stunted his social and mental growth extremely hard.

I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone of some things Eric did

- Eric saw a reality show on TV called "Three Wishes", and one of the participants was a 19 year old girl Eric found attractive. He then used to clues the show haphazardly gave out to send the girl gifts and messages until he was visited by police and told to stop. When this was brought up on the show, Eric's defense was "The show didn't do that good of a job concealing her identity."

- Eric searched online until he found the phone number of the mother of an American Idol contestant, and called the poor woman relentlessly asking for a date with her daughter to his brother's wedding. He called so much that she, not even being a listener to the show, told Howard 100 news about it in a bid to make it stop.

- When Natalie Maines, the multiplatinum, grammy winning lead singer of The Dixie Chicks, implied that she does not wholly believe that Bunny Ranch whores had fallen in love with Eric, he blamed her for the fact that said whores no longer wanted to sleep with him for free. He then threatened to anally rape Natalie. He, a man who is incapable of moving a laptop or crawling on to a toilet unassisted, threatened to anally rape a fully sized healthy adult female grammy award winning country superstar. Over the assertion that whores might not be in love with him.

95% of Eric's severe problems were due to overcoddling. Under completely different circumstances, this could have been Eric https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWhMgzCUYs8

GenoCanSing fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 29, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The rape stuff was too lightly played and very hosed up because it wasn't anything even approaching a bit, he was spewing venom when he said those words.

Eric was a terrible human being and I refuse to remember him as anything but.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Don't forget that Degarmo's mom also had to change her phone number because he was calling multiple times a day. After all of that, he met Diana face to face and still asked her out on a date. He also called a hit on a guy that spoke poorly about him on the wrap up show. It was funny because nobody could ever take it seriously, but there is no question what his honest intention was. He clearly was not very bright, highly coddled, and trapped with the inability to move under his own power which just made him nuts. He was just incredibly delusional and spoiled.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Didn't the show give him either Degarmo or McPhee's phone number at one point? I remember Gary telling Howard later, on-air, "we told him to call once" or something like that.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

The rape stuff was too lightly played and very hosed up because it wasn't anything even approaching a bit, he was spewing venom when he said those words.

Eric was a terrible human being and I refuse to remember him as anything but.

I dunno man the worst thing he ever did was threaten to break fred's fingers

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Eric the midget really did suck. Like just a terrible, terrible person.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

beep by grandpa posted:

Yeah, he was just pissed that there were ZERO..... POINT..... ZERO tickets sold for his appearance before Langford mentioned it on the show.

Poor Fred, he doesn't deserve that. :(

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

beep by grandpa posted:

"If you hit that button one more loving time, I'm going to fly down there and... lkasdlfkjsad *deep breath* asldkgfjhsdajf!"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lifespan posted:

"If you hit that button one more loving time, I'm going to fly down there and... lkasdlfkjsad *deep breath* asldkgfjhsdajf!"

I'll meet you at JFK. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Always glad to pop in on a page of Eric discussion.

Take care, brush your hair.