Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I've never done the target b2g1 deal but strongly considering it now since it also lets you include preorders like DBFZ and MonHun World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Viewtiful Jew posted:

That is why Kirby is the best series.

You will never see a person go into a destructive rage over a Kirby game.

Unless they choke during the last part of the last boss during an Arena run.

Ironically the most adjacent game series to kirby is known for the massive pissbabies

al-azad
May 28, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

Ironically the most adjacent game series to kirby is known for the massive pissbabies

Yoshi?

Because Yoshi is 1-part trying to recapture a 22 year old game's magic and 1-part ideas too boring for Kirby a pink blank slate.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

tap my mountain posted:

Starfy fans are also chill

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tap my mountain posted:

Bayonetta fans aren't so bad

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yikes, that is a dangerous person. I hope his wife is able to eventually feel safe enough to leave him. I imagine her and her kids are always scared to be around him.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looked up games for this system and it looks like it only came out in Japan, and it was almost entirely FMV games.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

al-azad posted:

Yoshi?

Because Yoshi is 1-part trying to recapture a 22 year old game's magic and 1-part ideas too boring for Kirby a pink blank slate.

If you haven't played it, Yoshi Woolly World is insanely good and a worthy successor to Yoshi's Island

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It's smash

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

what about space station silicon valley, everyone can enjoy that

My list of top five N64 games:

Majora's Mask
Harvest Moon 64
Ogre Battle 64
Mischief Makers
Space Station Silicon Valley

@me if you disagree

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

when i was younger my older brother would play wrestling games and get mad, but instead of throwing poo poo he would yell racial slurs

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

tbh for all that gets said about tourney players, it's the bizarre meltdowns that happened in some parts of the net over nearly every single Smash 4 character reveal that made me most annoyed with smash fans

e: granted back then I went to some incredibly dumb places

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

loving MARIO IN SMASH? GO gently caress YOURSELF NINTENDO

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I know every single video game fandom has horrible fans, but it's just something about Smash Brother fans that especially annoy me and make me hate that group of people. Up there with League of Legends.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Looper posted:

My list of top five N64 games:

Majora's Mask
Harvest Moon 64
Ogre Battle 64
Mischief Makers
Space Station Silicon Valley

@me if you disagree

I'd replace Harvest Moon with Goemon's Adventure

Motto posted:

tbh for all that gets said about tourney players, it's the bizarre meltdowns that happened in some parts of the net over nearly every single Smash 4 character reveal that made me most annoyed with smash fans

e: granted back then I went to some incredibly dumb places

You didn't even have to leave our forums to read meltdowns about Ridley

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Smash 4's roster is absurdly good

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

tap my mountain posted:

I'd replace Harvest Moon with Goemon's Adventure

That's a really good choice! Not too many solid co-op options on the N64 I don't think

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

real talk tho 2017 has been a superb year for "the video game" and "the switch" might be having the best first year in the history of "video games"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

al-azad posted:

Getting violent over sports is considered normal.

we had various opportunities to go see oakland play home games in college but we never did because if you go to a game where the raiders are playing, their fans are only there to fight. the other team's fans, other raiders fans, brah just throw down

I said come in! posted:

Yikes, that is a dangerous person. I hope his wife is able to eventually feel safe enough to leave him. I imagine her and her kids are always scared to be around him.

pretty sure if she's the kind of person who can put her foot down about his babby tantrums and tell him to clean up his mess before he's allowed to play more games, she's also the kind of person who isn't afraid to actually just bail

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 29, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

real talk tho 2017 has been a superb year for "the video game" and "the switch" might be having the best first year in the history of "video games"

i'd rank it over Dreamcast tbh

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
There are still SMO Switch bundles in stock 1.5 mi from my house. It's taking all of my willpower to not go buy one on this dreary day.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wildtortilla posted:

There are still SMO Switch bundles in stock 1.5 mi from my house. It's taking all of my willpower to not go buy one on this dreary day.

Just do it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm torn between that and holding out for a bundle that is actually a good deal

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

My copy of Odyssey arrived but my Switch won’t be here for a few more days. :smith:

I will wait patiently, as Penelope did.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
smash bros is great, it's the ultimate cruise and play w your buddies game. all items on, plenty smash orbs, 5 lives, and a bag of weed. back in brawl days, we would do team match sometimes and my bro and i would both play as lucas, except i would palette swap to claus... :allears:

>why do you always play as lucario
>:furcry: well,

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Looper posted:

I'm torn between that and holding out for a bundle that is actually a good deal

The SMO isn't a good bundle? Isnt it a $350 console and a $60 game for $380?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

The SMO isn't a good bundle? Isnt it a $350 console and a $60 game for $380?

The console is only $300, then an extra $20 for a carrying case

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Looper posted:

The console is only $300, then an extra $20 for a carrying case

Oh. Oh. Thanks for clearing this up.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I may have talked you out of getting one but I think I talked myself into getting one

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I think it's worth playing and enjoying it now when it's fresh, rather than starting it in 2018 after hearing everybody's complaints about it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really wish Nintendo would bring Virtual Console to Switch and actually do it properly this time. I want to see all of the big titles from NES, SNES, and N64 on the system. I know this is a dream that is never ever going to come true, but it would be awesome to see.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The whole end sequence in Mario Odyssey is absurdly perfect

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

tap my mountain posted:

I think it's worth playing and enjoying it now when it's fresh, rather than starting it in 2018 after hearing everybody's complaints about it

This doesn’t seem to happen with Mario games too often, if anything they get more praise retroactively like Sunshine did. At worst, everyone forgets it exists like NSMB.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

The whole end sequence in Mario Odyssey is absurdly perfect

Seriously insane

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I do think I got more out of Breath of the Wild by playing it completely blind and only seeing people's quibbles after hours and hours

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

Why would I care about someone else’s complaints about a game? I’m not forced to read them either.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My top 5 N64 games:

Mario 64
Zelda
Mario Kart
Castlevania 64
Hybrid Heaven

I only owned five games......

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the only issue I have with Odyssey is that the music isn't as stellar overall as past entries, but it has individual tracks that really stand out so I can just listen to them if I want. Not every game can have SMG caliber musical accompaniment

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I have a bunch of tiny issues with SMO but most of them are just nitpicks that are only noticable because everything else is so perfect. Like the controls are so smooth and I have to think about what I'm doing so little that anytime that hitches at all, it's glaring. The biggest complaint I really have is that some of the rarely used moves aren't that intuitive or are on motion controls and while that's not a big deal because you rarely, if ever, need them, it's still not a good thing.

Overall I think I still prefer Galaxy because I just like it's style of levels more but it's a pretty close call. Probably at least my second favorite in the series from what I've played thus far. In a strong year this is easily GotY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

I have a bunch of tiny issues with SMO but most of them are just nitpicks that are only noticable because everything else is so perfect. Like the controls are so smooth and I have to think about what I'm doing so little that anytime that hitches at all, it's glaring. The biggest complaint I really have is that some of the rarely used moves aren't that intuitive or are in motion controls and while that's not a big deal because you rarely, if ever, need them, it's still not a good thing.

Same. I have some tiny issues but it's just so loving fun that I don't care.

Right now I'm a bit annoyed that the game doesn't have any way to point me to the 1-3 purple coins I'm missing in a level unless I buy a bowser amiibo.

• Locked thread