Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

hahahaha peace duder

peace back brother

hunt for the wilderpeople was good. wow that director makes movies ya just enjoy the whole movie, and that scene when kid walks in on old man mourning imminently deceased wife.. jesus the way the tone changes. and the soundtrack was epic, all those sweeping nature scenes with synths going on. this guy makes movies for people who like to enjoy movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

paging forums poster COOL CORN

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/capitalflowking/status/923717446170587136

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

MAN AFTER MAN: 69 MILLION YEARS HENCE

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Glorgnole posted:

MAN AFTER MAN: 69 MILLION YEARS HENCE

log: day 420: time: 2:19:69

the poo bubble larvae still refuse to gestate. some forum posters are beginning to whine. i may be forced to gently caress and cum in them

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

the golden path

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Captain Foo posted:

paging forums poster COOL CORN

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
sometimes a typo can be very revealing

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

man after man was a good book

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

man after man was a good book

your diary?

-or-

your mothers biography?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

ol qwerty bastard posted:

sometimes a typo can be very revealing

is this gun nut quoting himself

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

your diary?

-or-

your mothers biography?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i've seen this so many times but i still have zero context for it and it's so old now that i wonder if anyone even knows its origin

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOxxPcy5Gr4

if nothing else, this technology is at least going to give us powerful new tools for making really trippy dream sequences in movies

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Rex-Goliath posted:

i've seen this so many times but i still have zero context for it and it's so old now that i wonder if anyone even knows its origin

pretty sure it's from an episode of Grabowskis or maybe space cop but I think that one was boiling the baby.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 29, 2017

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yeah its some thing from red letter media

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

landerig looking good

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

it me

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

:same:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

also "speed holes"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my children have direct access to the firs ten seasons of the simpsons

as far as they know the show was cancelled after s10

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol watched the tax/trillion dollar bill one

that’s a good episode

and lol when bart and lisa make a news channel and bart does piece and focuses on some ducks or something being dead and smithers and mr burns are watching tv on bean bags lol and burns cries and asks “you don’t think it was our power plant that killed the ducks”? and smithers says “no doubts about it” and burns cries and then says sadly “excellent” lomarf

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

good news everyone -- they can fix your mom's bed

https://i.imgur.com/aNGRGLI.mp4

obv Im wrong here but I would have thought quenchung was bad for this? or is it fine onc its lower than certain temp

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

heat treatment is a whole bunch of different processes that do different things based on the metallurgy you're working with. it's not just as simple as quenched = hard, annealed = soft

a spring has to be both flexible and resilient. hard steel would just crack when you loaded it, soft steel would deform and stay squished. you need something that deforms elastically but not plastically. i dunno anything about the details of the specific process they're using, but the guy using the ir thermometer suggests that they are carefully controlling it to get exactly the right crystal structure for that purpose

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

in other news, keeping butt-to-butt installed pays off once again

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

heat treatment is a whole bunch of different processes that do different things based on the metallurgy you're working with. it's not just as simple as quenched = hard, annealed = soft

a spring has to be both flexible and resilient. hard steel would just crack when you loaded it, soft steel would deform and stay squished. you need something that deforms elastically but not plastically. i dunno anything about the details of the specific process they're using, but the guy using the ir thermometer suggests that they are carefully controlling it to get exactly the right crystal structure for that purpose

thanks for this

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

in other news, keeping butt-to-butt installed pays off once again

it pays off every time i read the weather and it says “partly butty”

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

echinopsis posted:

my children have direct access to the firs ten seasons of the simpsons

as far as they know the show was cancelled after s10

this is correct, and this guy has mathematically proven that it is correct

http://www.nathancunn.com/2017-10-26-simpsons-decline/

quote:

The episode that the data best supported being the end of the golden age is episode 214, or season 10 episode 11, Wild Barts can’t be Broken

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

this is correct, and this guy has mathematically proven that it is correct

http://www.nathancunn.com/2017-10-26-simpsons-decline/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqFNbCcyFkk

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/KidsWriteJokes/status/924553334354317312

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Talking about when the simpsons started to suck is one of the most mundane and overdone topics. We should instead talk about when Sliders started going down hill and the answer is when they replaced Sabrina Lloyd because she wasn't hot enough.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

i think it's something like it's a very high-carbon steel that should consequently be very flexible but by tempering it by just the right amount it retains (most of) the flexibility but returns to shape?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

goddamnedtwisto posted:

i think it's something like it's a very high-carbon steel that should consequently be very flexible but by tempering it by just the right amount it retains (most of) the flexibility but returns to shape?

I read a guide by a guy who makes springs, because my time is apparently worthless, and he heats them up to a tempered heat, cools them, and then reheats to the curie temperate, partially undoing the crystal structure.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Salt Fish posted:

Talking about when the simpsons started to suck is one of the most mundane and overdone topics. We should instead talk about when Sliders started going down hill and the answer is when they replaced Sabrina Lloyd because she wasn't hot enough.

After they killed off John Rhys-Davies because he was rude to an exec at a party

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its okay it was his doppleganger who died

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kinda rough that they wrote off all the female characters to the rape camps though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/AngstromHoot/status/795362873396654080

this marginalizes and disrespects the crab

• Locked thread