Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

the lie detector test determined that was a lie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBn0lIpNtEs

I have that saved under, "Funniest Video on Internet (Captain Log Only)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Something something Page 404 B League joke

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

kensei posted:

Something something Page 404 B League joke

Heh I like how the OP is like "well the old thread was 9 mos old so we are overdue for a new one," from four years ago.

I think a new B-league MMA OP would just need this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qWIo-XhuIE

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
The forums seem to be shrinking. At this point I’m alright with people talking about their MMA dreams.

(Please God don’t)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bluedeanie posted:

the lie detector test determined that was a lie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBn0lIpNtEs

You only need to see the fact that this is Edgy Brah's gym to come to that conclusion.

Also stop enabling Captain Log's obsession please everyone

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Well as far as obsessions go its no willie_dee or the Japanese genetic bloodlust for Sakuraba's life essence, so I will allow this.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

https://twitter.com/lucas_bourdon/status/923941681526960128

this is probably relevant to this thread

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

In America, everyone wants to be a rich badass.

In Japan, everyone just wants to be a cartoon. And watch dudes get beaten to death for honour.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Why does hulk have bullets

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

CommonShore posted:

They look like joints.

Maybe he shoved fake bullets, two to a slot, rear end in first?

(Is the dress blue or gold?!)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

CommonShore posted:

special rizin rules

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CommonShore posted:

Hulk had a weird phase in the 90s.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

a follow up

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaueW1MBK0p/

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Chael Sonnen has become the Chael Sonnen of Chael Sonnen.

I've wanted to say that for years.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Jake Shields out to stud: a buddy of mine and his girlfriend matched with Jake Shields on a swinging app in NYC

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

Jake Shields out to stud: a buddy of mine and his girlfriend matched with Jake Shields on a swinging app in NYC

Known MMA swingers - Matt Hammill, Jake Sheilds, ???

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

omg chael crash posted:

Jake Shields out to stud

lol

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Captain Log posted:

Known MMA swingers - Matt Hammill, Jake Sheilds, ???

Frank Mir, kinda?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

So they hosed him, right? RIGHT?!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Captain Log posted:

So they hosed him, right? RIGHT?!

Yeah, both are pretty good at stand up.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Yeah, both are pretty good at stand up.

Ahahaha

-

Can someone explain why the gently caress Chael Sonnen was on a stage talking about God only knows what in a tuxedo? Who let that happen?

If you listen to his podcast, you certainly start to think Sonnen is in the camp of athletes who uses THC for "medicinal purposes."

:10thplanetvidgoeshere:

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Chael should get a job writing for Colby Covington.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Captain Log posted:

Ahahaha

-

Can someone explain why the gently caress Chael Sonnen was on a stage talking about God only knows what in a tuxedo? Who let that happen?

If you listen to his podcast, you certainly start to think Sonnen is in the camp of athletes who uses THC for "medicinal purposes."

:10thplanetvidgoeshere:

Chael is a professional bullshitter or known by its more common name: corporate motivational speaker.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Chael should get a job writing for Colby Covington.

Yeah instead of calling the Brazilian crowd filthy animals he could just call them pygmys

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

coconono posted:

Chael is a professional bullshitter or known by its more common name: corporate motivational speaker.

I wonder if he's expensive. We could stream him for a GOON ONLY event!

Also, seriously, what person at what company thought, "Chael Sonnen, tophat, probably high, whatever."

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I️ liked it better when you talked about your broken body I️ think

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

-says the guy with Chael in his username

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

henkman posted:

Yeah instead of calling the Brazilian crowd filthy animals he could just call them pygmys

"tribe of Pygmy savages in the jungle" is funny, "filthy animals in a garbage dump" is not, though both things have the same effect of making the nation of thin skinned macho assholes angry and dumb idiots on the internet type lots of tedious words

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

-says the guy with Chael in his username

We’ve entered a pot and kettle situation here. Let’s just both back away slowly.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

I️ liked it better when you talked about your broken body I️ think

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

...and the pitch! posted:

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

It can always get worse.

Is it a plumbing contest? Those men look like plumbers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The continued rear end beatings of Tim Sylvia will never cease to darkly amuse me.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I'm not sure of Tim Sylvia's grappling acumen but Fabiano Scherner is a legit black belt world champion.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

JaySB posted:

I'm not sure of Tim Sylvia's grappling acumen but Fabiano Scherner is a legit black belt world champion.

Frank Mir snapped his arm, and Arlovski took his belt with a leg lock.

So...not great? Unless he's been training like a machine ever since, and I don't think "machine" is a word one would use to describe Tim Sylvia.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tim Sylvia is going to get embarrassed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Tim Sylvia is going to get embarrassed.

too late for that. the dating show was in the early 00s.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I should have put "again" at the end of that sentence.

Because just :lol: at his career in general.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I don't think "machine" is a word one would use to describe Tim Sylvia.

I dunno, he definitely reminds me of the rusty husk of a broken tractor that's been sitting for 40 years on a lawn where they don't have zoning laws.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Nice! posted:

I should have put "again" at the end of that sentence.

Because just :lol: at his career in general.

It's amazing that he even managed to humiliate himself by defending the heavyweight championship of the world multiple times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Tim Sylvia once got choked out jumping on top of a Nogueira he'd almost knocked out three times and when asked for his thoughts at the presser he replied "Man, I hate jiu-jitsu," so I do not think it will go well, but he could also just do the Schaub/Cyborg thing and refuse to grapple for 20 minutes because his arms are endless broomsticks made of chicken fat and he's insufficiently self-aware to feel shame