Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Whose burner troll account are you?

I'm balls man. i decided after Citcon that this place is way too full of bullshit for no reason. I am putting an end to this. Try to keep up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Refuted. In order

1. Yes, this plan changed from 2012. ED had the same thing happen with online/offline. This was part of the scope change.
2. Mod able multiplayer will come. It is not a priority. This is not a lie. Its going to happen and theres zero evidence to believe it wont. If you want to get super literal people already edit config files easily already.
3. The dont hold your breath was a junior lighting artist who doesnt know poo poo. Since then CIG has made several statements contradicting Parry and are implementing TrackIR in prep for VR. There is no reason to believe VR isn't coming.
4. This was refuted a week or two after this happened on RSI. You know this. They've shown they can create large play areas fairly quickly. Like I get its funny to doom and gloom I did the same but you have to be careful not to huff your own bullshit too much.

These aren't lies in any but the most tortured sense of the word.

1. Oh good, we're in agreement. And IIRC ED got crucified by the public and allowed refunds for folks who wanted offline only play, which brings us to...

2. ...if private servers aren't available, then how will people play offline?

3. Link?

4. Link?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Seriously did someone tip her off to the fact she could make thousands selling jpegs of her space ships and promising to blow their minds later

Leaked footage from internal dev build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c2KoWddKD4

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Come on man, I keep a list of lies on the front page.

Could you update the post to state that they're a list of unmandated unobligated conceptual pitches that the developers would really like to include if the opportunity presents itself?

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Moddable multiplayer is not a Lie until Star Citizen releases in full. You can say you doubt its coming, but saying its a Lie makes you look stupid and someone with an agenda. With VR they are right this second actively adding elements of VR (trackIR) to the game in loving prealpha. You guys look insane.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Imagine a scenario where you pay someone for a service and they never show up and then you scream at your neighbor about how they don't understand service development when it's suggested that you've been had.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

Could you update the post to state that they're a list of unmandated unobligated conceptual pitches that the developers would really like to include if the opportunity presents itself?

I suppose the date was a lie too.

You know, all of them.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
It's funny that the Star Citizen weather app will have more networking than Star Citizen.

Maybe they should use that technology....?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

afaik in the biz it's pretty normal to miss your original self imposed delivery date by a factor of three and still have nothing to show for it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Feature is not a Lie until Star Citizen releases in full.
Good thing that will never happen.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

afaik in the biz it's pretty normal to miss your original self imposed delivery date by a factor of three and still have nothing to show for it.

Yes but any more than three years of development and you begin to get stale.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Moddable multiplayer is not a Lie until Star Citizen releases in full. You can say you doubt its coming, but saying its a Lie makes you look stupid and someone with an agenda. With VR they are right this second actively adding elements of VR (trackIR) to the game in loving prealpha. You guys look insane.

lmao look at him go!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SCtrumpHaters posted:

"We will be live, we will be done with alpha, we will be done with beta, we will be live and in operation for some time before anybody even looks at private servers." - Jared Huckabee

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Still waiting on those links, and an explanation of how offline play is possible without private servers.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
There's nothing that describes shitizens better than Log:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fQGPZTECYs

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Guyz please crowdfund my space game. It will have twice as many ships, planets, fidelity, and ultimate consequences of piracy than star citizen.

And that is not a lie until *both* games come out.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Refuted. In order

1. Yes, this plan changed from 2012. ED had the same thing happen with online/offline. This was part of the scope change.

This is not a refutation btw.

Frontier came clean about dropping offline mode, please link CIG coming clean about private servers.

In fact please link CIG saying that any feature described since kickstarter having been dropped

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Doesn't the hangar module work offline? Game set match!!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
More dogs in panda costumes (or pandas in dog costumes, I'm flexible) less engaging with the boring gimmick.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I'm still eagerly awaiting the delivery of my (pair of) promised Preacher Armament Inquisition XXII miniguns which will be among the first to be produced via CIG's new component pipeline, promised as of September of 2014 in the 55 million dollar letter from the chairman.

I guess they've made some other guns and stuff since 2014 but I guess among of is pretty broad so CIG hasn't lied until Star Citizen is fully released.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Heist mechanics!

Sorry I'll stop now

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

trucutru posted:

Guyz please crowdfund my space game. It will have twice as many ships, planets, fidelity, and ultimate consequences of piracy than star citizen.

And that is not a lie until *both* games come out.

Sorry Tru.
I'm saving up for Love Pledge.
I've a feeling it's going to have everything I want as long as the Agent waves his hands.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

SCtrumpHaters posted:

TrackIR is not an element of VR. TrackIR simulates a mouse or joystick input for the most part to move the camera. It is still a single scene being rendered once for output onto a 2D display. FalconBMS has support TrackIR for over a decade. It's not likely to support VR anytime soon because for starters VR has to have a scene rendered twice from two slightly different angles. Then there are a tone of design factors that have to change as well. To give you an idea DCS has also supported TrackIR for years and now does support VR, but it doesn't translate extremely well especially when it comes to trying to read text on instruments. Elite is probably the gold standard, but they designed everything with the game interactions to work with VR.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Thread status:

https://i.imgur.com/iqFIVA4.gifv

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Refuted. In order

2. Mod able multiplayer will come. It is not a priority. This is not a lie. Its going to happen and theres zero evidence to believe it wont. If you want to get super literal people already edit config files easily already.
3. The dont hold your breath was a junior lighting artist who doesnt know poo poo. Since then CIG has made several statements contradicting Parry and are implementing TrackIR in prep for VR. There is no reason to believe VR isn't coming.
4. This was refuted a week or two after this happened on RSI. You know this. They've shown they can create large play areas fairly quickly. Like I get its funny to doom and gloom I did the same but you have to be careful not to huff your own bullshit too much.

These aren't lies in any but the most tortured sense of the word.

You are a gold mine of Star Citizen Development Lore. Thanks for constantly keeping us up to date, though you barely scratch the surface detail of the true depth of Star Citizen.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Thoatse posted:

Thread status:

I could go back to my 4chan counter-gimmick if you think that will help.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

oh my goodness

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

New Bishop speech looks tasty.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

SomethingJones posted:

How in the gently caress do you make a spaceship game with amazing graphics and handling less exciting, less gripping, less fun, less exhilarating by orders of magnitude, than a rally game with cars from the 1960s in it.

How

How

Dreams.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Combat Theory posted:

What do you think these people felt... They felt the same as we here minus the sarcastic view that comes after viewing CIG as a 5 year parody of project management and game design failures only rivaled by "Gabelstapler Fahrer Klaus" in its dramatic pathos.

:five:

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

SCtrumpHaters posted:

TrackIR is not VR.
I have both.
The game has to be written with VR in mind from the outset, not added as an after thought.

And how the gently caress will VR work with that useless FOIP tech?
You have a screen over your eyes, in VR.

Actually you're right, I am insane.
Star Citizen is good.

Dogeh fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 30, 2017

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

SCtrumpHaters posted:

I wish I could upvote you.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Dogeh posted:

And how the gently caress will VR work with that useless FOIP tech?
You have a screen over your eyes, in VR.

The dumbasses saying SC will just add VR have never played a modern VR game in their life. It's not an extra level you just put into the game after release. It has to be thought of right at the outset of starting development if you plan to introduce it later. Not a single canned animation they have in SC right now can work in VR. Not a single one. They will have to redesign the whole game. So I mean yeah, since they develop so fast, if they started now I think they can have a VR alpha patch in 6 years, no problem.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 30, 2017

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

happyhippy posted:

He has one loving dirty neck.
Clean yo poo poo man.

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

How in the gently caress do you make a spaceship game with amazing graphics and handling less exciting, less gripping, less fun, less exhilarating by orders of magnitude, than a rally game with cars from the 1960s in it.

How

How

Neither Chris roberts nor his audience have changed one bit since Wing Commander. Fun is not even part of the equation.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Even the scripted first person animations are nauseating. Would love to see the shitizen reaction vids to experiencing those in VR. :allears:

“Please... no more Helmet...” :sadpeanut:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Goosfraba posted:

Star Citizen: Fun is not even part of the equation.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Even the scripted first person animations are nauseating. Would love to see the shitizen reaction vids to experiencing those in VR. :allears:

“Please... no more Helmet...” :sadpeanut:
I can just picture the redditors squawking about how sure it sucks but now they can make millions licensing it to dictatorships.

All these poor helmeted North Koreans vomiting and screaming as the high fidelity sales man comes out to pitch them a Pioneer. On loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
WTF is up with the Pioneer commercial? Why so lo-fi? They show off mocap poo poo again?

Honestly that was brutally boring. I can't imagine not being able to skip during ShitCon.

POI's in Elite are already a pain in the rear end to navigate. How the hell are these "pioneer stations" going to show up on navigation? I was part of a team that went barnacle hunting and we had to use our eyes and fly between 6KM and 30KM above the planet to look for these POI's before FD did anything about them, does SC have some sort of auto navigation / POI system available? If there are 300 of these things on a said system how would it look like? Would you HUD be dotted (pun intended) with all these pioneer outposts for you to trade in? How would you know what faction / alignment they're from? What would you find when you land or how would you know what they're selling / buying / trading / whatever?

This game is stuff of dreams.

Buy a Pioneer Today!