Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh man are they going to do a Captain Toad 2 that takes place concurrently Odyssey in the same kingdoms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Calaveron posted:

So was Captain Toad squirreled away in every single level before you hit the post game? Because I only started finding him after that

Haven't beaten the game yet but i've found him in every kingdom except Sand.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
^^^
I found him in sand before beating the game:

I found him near the pond where you control the Lakitu. Get the Lakitu and go up the little hill behind the pond to a kind of circular canyon thing, and there are fish shadows in the sand. Fish them up and there's the toad dude.

Internet Kraken posted:

Its a garbage song that sounds like trash. Doesn't matter what the lyrics are about :geno:

Sorry about your lovely opinion, lovely internet person :jerkbag:

Annath fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 30, 2017

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Its a garbage song that sounds like trash. Doesn't matter what the lyrics are about :geno:

I like it. Sorry you don't I guess. Can we move on and be adultd about it?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/kfurumiya/status/924786383130001409

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

a.lo posted:

I like it. Sorry you don't I guess. Can we move on and be adultd about it?

Tell that to the people using personal insults because I didn't like a vidya gaem song.

Calaveron posted:

So was Captain Toad squirreled away in every single level before you hit the post game? Because I only started finding him after that

You can always find him before post-game but in some levels you need to get certain moons before he appears.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

why

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
be good to each other, all

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I have to say I'm a bit baffled that Nintendo bothered to include leaderboards for jumprope minigames but not something like a time trial for some of the moons.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Internet Kraken posted:

I have to say I'm a bit baffled that Nintendo bothered to include leaderboards for jumprope minigames but not something like a time trial for some of the moons.

Seriously, like I give a gently caress how many hours some ubernerd sunk to get 999 jumps or whatever

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Most Attempted Selfies with Peach is the most baffling leadership exclusion for me

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

(Endgame spoilers) I like how the one time Mario goes for vocals in a video game, especially for the final sequence, it’s pulled off way better than every modern Sonic game.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Turns out my Waluigi amiibo doesn’t scan.

On one hand, I can still get the costume later.
On the other, Waluigi is still plenty in stock in every store and then I’d have a Waluigi that works and you can’t have too many Waluigi, right?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How are you "supposed" to get the moon that's above a vertical column of coins directly above a power wire between two buildings in New Donk City? (It's right by where Peach shows up postgame.) I can't figure out how to end up going upwards and not falling straight down when I hop out of being inside the wire.

Because the way I actually did it was driving the motor scooter off City Hall :black101:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How are you "supposed" to get the moon that's above a vertical column of coins directly above a power wire between two buildings in New Donk City? (It's right by where Peach shows up postgame.) I can't figure out how to end up going upwards and not falling straight down when I hop out of being inside the wire.

Because the way I actually did it was driving the motor scooter off City Hall :black101:

You don't need to hop out of the wire to reach stuff outside the wire. Press B.

So the dog moons. Can anyone give me the locations I should take the dog in Mushroom Kingdom and Sand Kingdom to get my moons?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Internet Kraken posted:

im not, it's this kind of thinking that's made the switch good

i don't care how fast nerds got Moons, but I do need to make sure that all my friends see that i specifically jump roped 420 times

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

wow i bought this one moon in whatever seconds

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

this game is too much

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
ok I STILL have no clue how to do the 360 Sick Hat Spin and I just got to Mr Pukey where I could really use it, what am I doing wrong?

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
this is a very good video game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

sexpig by night posted:

ok I STILL have no clue how to do the 360 Sick Hat Spin and I just got to Mr Pukey where I could really use it, what am I doing wrong?
Flick the controller sideways like you're throwing a frisbee.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i am pleasantly surprised every time i play this game

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
In case anyone didn't know like me you can pause the game during the koopa races and retry them that way

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cobalt Viper posted:

but don't actually throw the controller please :ohdear:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
:siren: This just in!!! :siren:

Someone on reddit said "If you press (Y) while choosing your costume, the game will choose a random one for you, and it will change each time you die."

I have yet to try it to confirm. Anyone else want to? I think it has to be done in the odyssey's wardrobe.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cobalt Viper posted:

ooooooh ok, I was just fuckin up then. Thanks!

Your Computer posted:

but don't actually throw the controller please :ohdear:

Don't tell me what to do!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Post-game question are the buyable moons truly infinite or do they cap out eventually?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

cheetah7071 posted:

Post-game question are the buyable moons truly infinite or do they cap out eventually?
They're like easy mode if you wanna get all the outfits but aren't good enough to get more moons. They're unlimited.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh God I wasn't expecting that car to blow up when I shot it with the tank.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cobalt Viper posted:

They're like easy mode if you wanna get all the outfits but aren't good enough to get more moons. They're unlimited.

So they up the moon count for the purposes of unlocking worlds but do nothing else? cool

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Oh God I wasn't expecting that car to blow up when I shot it with the tank.

It's like you never played GTA.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Hedrigall posted:

:siren: This just in!!! :siren:

Someone on reddit said "If you press (Y) while choosing your costume, the game will choose a random one for you, and it will change each time you die."

I have yet to try it to confirm. Anyone else want to? I think it has to be done in the odyssey's wardrobe.

If you open the wardrobe this is literally one of the on-screen button prompts. This ain’t a hidden Easter egg or anything.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Sockser posted:

If you open the wardrobe this is literally one of the on-screen button prompts. This ain’t a hidden Easter egg or anything.

I think the surprising thing might be clothes randomizing on death? Is that a thing that happens or can be made to happen?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dirk the Average posted:

I think the surprising thing might be clothes randomizing on death? Is that a thing that happens or can be made to happen?

If you set it to random it'll reroll his outfit everytime you die or reset until you pick a new outfit.

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

I really like this game! I almost never use this superfluous picture stuff in other games but it just works so well.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cobalt Viper posted:

Bah gently caress, if I knew that I wouldn't have bought any of them and just used those coins for outfits. That's at least 4000 that I've spent on buying moons.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

https://twitter.com/Zaggitz/status/924840712054571008

https://twitter.com/Zaggitz/status/924884111633690624

this game rules extremely hard

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So I just beat the game and holy poo poo it's good.

New Donk City finale and the entire endgame finale were brilliant. There are so many fun moments. Every single world is beautiful and fun to explore. I can see myself replaying it on and off for at least the next few years, which is not something I'd really ever do in any other collect-a-thon game but this one is so charming and chill I just want to spend more time in it doing everything.

I think my only real, legitimate complaint about the game is that there's no dedicated single button for hat spin-throwing but wow did they otherwise knock this thing out of the park.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 30, 2017

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgjTc42F6J0

koopa free running is just too fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Man. I was just wishing for a random costume re-roll on death and it was there this whole time!

• Locked thread