Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

wheres the harem girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uh who’s this guy?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Uh who’s this guy?

Someone from season 1 when they thought a rock quarry was a good shelter.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Oh neat it's extreme closeups of sweaty faces and thousand yard stares just like in the beginning. Emmy potential redeemed!

theloosecannon
Sep 13, 2003
In what is obviously a long slump, I'm not gonna lie, I'm digging this HUGE callback. Yeah, they're pulling out all the stops but I forgot that guy until I saw him. It's not as emotionally important as Morgan, but that was great.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I still forget that guy

theloosecannon
Sep 13, 2003

Papa John Misty posted:

I still forget that guy

I remember him because I remember how stupid I thought he was for trying to go it alone.

I mean, this was way back in the day when "going it alone" was almost certain death.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If Rick genuinely didn't remember him and had to be reminded that would actually be pretty great.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

"You were in Atlanta!"

"Yeah, well I'm a dick now and I live at Rape Apartment with my bro."

JossiRossi posted:

This whole episode has been making a total joke of the Savior's ability to... well do anything at all. Like TWD has been really bad at both set up and execution. Like they are bad at scouting, bad at engaging in combat, bad at planning contingency plans etc. HOW THE gently caress DID NEGAN AND THE SAVIORS POSE A THREAT TO ANYONE.

Probably because the people in that area are a buncha pussies. Look how fast Rick took over Alexandria,

Bertilak
Oct 31, 2010

Man, maybe I am just nitpicking, and I suppose it is not a big issue in the grand scheme of things, but there was something that really took me out of the episode tonight. When Morgan got shot at, and the two guys with him were killed, why did they let that happen?

They are pointing their guns at the door, a savior opens it and gets immediately shot, and then they just stand there and watch for a couple seconds as 6 more saviors move into the open. They had their guns pointed right at them! Why did they let the saviors move into position? They didn't hesitate to shoot the guy who opened the door, and later Morgan effortlessly popped anybody who got into his line of sight! I know it's a minor thing, but it just looked weird to me.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

It's not minor. The episode was bad. The show is bad. But I love hate-watching it and then reading this thread.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Man this was a great episode of Player Unknown's Battlegrounds the TV show!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I like hate watching but this might just have been the worst episode of the entire series. Not even good hate watching material... Just. Pure boring poo poo.

Oh and some close-ups or something.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This thread is regularly hyperbolic but that was the most useless episode of the entire series.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

this episode was basically some 13 year olds 'sick' youtube compilation of the best gunfights in the walking dead. i have no idea who any of those people who died were and i don't know why they were being attacked. i guess they were saviors?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
who was the lady who just kinda stood there while a zombie ate her neck?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Why does this show still get millions of viewers?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I loved when the dude was hiding behind the front of a car and there were bullet ricochet graphics and pings off of what appeared to be a plastic side panel of the car leaving not even a scratch afterwards.

Numberwang
Sep 2, 2016
I honestly have no loving idea what happened the entire episode. All I know is a bunch red shirts started shooting other red shirts (the bad ones).

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BonoMan posted:

I like hate watching but this might just have been the worst episode of the entire series. Not even good hate watching material... Just. Pure boring poo poo.

Oh and some close-ups or something.

I liked the shooting script better:

EYES. EYES. BANGBANGBANG. It's deep because they were the baby's parents! BANGBANGBANG. EYES. EYES.

ED: This is some of the worst professional editing I've seen in my life.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Oct 30, 2017

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Numberwang posted:

I honestly have no loving idea what happened the entire episode. All I know is a bunch red shirts started shooting other red shirts (the bad ones).

Same. Like what are all the different groups trying to achieve? Why didn't they just kill Negan last episode? I knew it was going to be good after that woman had to call 3 sentries before figuring out something was wrong. Shouldn't they....be alert... already?

I think the writers are self aware at this point, there's no way that line about saving ammo and letting the tiger kill someone was put in there seriously.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

This season is "The Walking Dead: War of the Redshirts". Seriously, nearly 40 minutes solid of gun battles and no one vaguely important even so much as gets winged.

Also, are we supposed to think the Saviors are just really incompetent as they get brutally slaughtered in the tens in every single engagement or is it that Rick has honed all his people into well equipped elite soldiers somehow.

This show was dumb before but now it's dumb and has given up all pretense of having a coherent story or any kind of logic to it.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm the writer who spends 3 minutes building a "breach and clear" moment and then cuts away to unrelated action the MOMENT the order is given

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I let out the biggest sigh of my life when they opened this ep with almost three minutes of poorly lit, slow motion face close-ups

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I haven't watched this ep yet but it sounds super good

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
usually this thread is pretty over the top with it’s whining like most tv iv threads but irl friends were bitching about it this morning so they definitely blew it.

apparently the Morgan stuff was fun?

Princeps32 fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 30, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
What even happened. I have no idea where each group was. Good loving god.

"I called the saviours, they're coming" why does Rick care? They're all locked down. Apparently?

Tehdas
Dec 30, 2012
Over all I thought it was a pretty good episode the battle scenes were not the best, but at least the allies overall plan (that we could see) was a fairly sensible thing to do.

Bertilak posted:

Man, maybe I am just nitpicking, and I suppose it is not a big issue in the grand scheme of things, but there was something that really took me out of the episode tonight. When Morgan got shot at, and the two guys with him were killed, why did they let that happen?

They are pointing their guns at the door, a savior opens it and gets immediately shot, and then they just stand there and watch for a couple seconds as 6 more saviors move into the open. They had their guns pointed right at them! Why did they let the saviors move into position? They didn't hesitate to shoot the guy who opened the door, and later Morgan effortlessly popped anybody who got into his line of sight! I know it's a minor thing, but it just looked weird to me.

There was alot of ppl just standing around and not reacting in this episode. At least two other instances of two baddies standing/getting caught, one gets shot, the other just stands there for the bullet to hit them. The script should at least have the second guy react at least a little, then get shot.

quote:

Same. Like what are all the different groups trying to achieve?

The saviours are setup as one main base, and several outlying smaller bases. Ricks problem when they first encountered the saviours is that they took down one outlying base, but were unaware of the others. Burnface passed on a list of the outlying bases to the allies, and this episode they started taking out all the bases simultaneously.

quote:

I knew it was going to be good after that woman had to call 3 sentries before figuring out something was wrong. Shouldn't they....be alert... already?

Ergo the simultaneous attacks, so the saviours would not be aware that they are being taken out.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Bertilak posted:

None of these guys are trained soldiers, they're J. Random Dipshits invading an armed compound. I can buy a costly hesitation more than I can buy Morgan's subsequent perfect-aim rampage.

But the other Saviors gun down the three invaders. They are in an environment where, as they have witnessed time and time again, if you kill someone and don't take out the brain, the body will reanimate shortly thereafter and try to eat you. So _at a minimum_ Morgan should be dead right there because only a loving idiot wouldn't shoot his unconscious body in the head to fully eliminate the threat.

Counterpoint: Plot Armor.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It was brought up that the gun fight was something out of Police Squad / Naked Gun and it couldn't have been more apt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr2GeWiDrdY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl57k1DOBEg

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Guys, I hope Season 8 brought it's caca khakis.

I said, I hope Season 8 brought it's caca khakis, because it is making GBS threads all over itself right now.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Princeps32 posted:

That depends, do you like watching someone shoot a bunch of people off screen because they don't have the budget to show more than a few people actually getting killed each episode?

I wonder how many deaths have been implied while watching the shooter vs actually seeing a person/zombie take a hit. So far it's something I'm constantly annoyed by. I don't even have a bloodthirst, it just feels lazy.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

And how long were they in that fight for to have their dead comrades reanimating and eating them? 12+ hours?

:sigh:

I think the only redeeming quality about this ep is that moist may be able to salvage some gifs out of it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Tehdas posted:

The saviours are setup as one main base, and several outlying smaller bases. Ricks problem when they first encountered the saviours is that they took down one outlying base, but were unaware of the others. Burnface passed on a list of the outlying bases to the allies, and this episode they started taking out all the bases simultaneously.

Ergo the simultaneous attacks, so the saviours would not be aware that they are being taken out.

So the attacks in this episode are going on at the same time as Rick confronts Negan in the first episode? That's the only way that could be simultaneous, that seems really strange.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

And how long were they in that fight for to have their dead comrades reanimating and eating them? 12+ hours?

:sigh:

I think the only redeeming quality about this ep is that moist may be able to salvage some gifs out of it

to be fair as early as season 2 Shane took all of 30 seconds to reanimate.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

theloosecannon posted:

In what is obviously a long slump, I'm not gonna lie, I'm digging this HUGE callback. Yeah, they're pulling out all the stops but I forgot that guy until I saw him. It's not as emotionally important as Morgan, but that was great.

I'm back-reading this thread so who are you talking about?

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Remembering the people at the hospital in Atlanta that declined Rick's offer to go with the group. Good, rational decisions right there.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Did Tara call her dead girlfriend Deneeth when Jesus was tying that guy up?

Is Denise always pronounced Deneeth?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Princeps32 posted:

usually this thread is pretty over the top with it’s whining like most tv iv threads but irl friends were bitching about it this morning so they definitely blew it.

Morgan becoming the terminator is the only good thing so far this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

theloosecannon posted:

I remember him because I remember how stupid I thought he was for trying to go it alone.

I mean, this was way back in the day when "going it alone" was almost certain death.

He had a wife and kids. They were with Shane and Lori in the camp outside Ricks town, then Glenn and Rick arrive at that camp, Andrea's sister gets bit, Jim gets bit, they all decide to go to the CDC and Morales + fam says nah they're gonna go somewhere else.