Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

goose willis posted:

Wait, shrikes are gone?

So what about all the people that put wings on their warriors?

Is it just going to be a warrior with a bio-morph now or are they gone entirely?

Not 100% sure yet, but at the very least the Shrike entry itself got squatted. Probably due to having no model. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
My friend's army is entirely made up of shrike spam and I'm worrying that this is going to make him rage-quit the hobby entirely

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

goose willis posted:

My friend's army is entirely made up of shrike spam and I'm worrying that this is going to make him rage-quit the hobby entirely

:rip:

(edit) Though I suppose this would fall perfectly under the rule that if a unit has no Codex rules, then you use the Index version. So he can probably just keep using the index entry. :shrug:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

goose willis posted:

He can still use the entry in the index for them.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
He got the index? If it's in the index but not the codex its fully legal to just use that entry instead. Seriously, just photocopy a coupla pages from the index.

(You guys bet me to it, but I got the coupla extra details in there)

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

It just seems excessively cruel to put them into the index and then magically make them disappear in the codex

Unless of course wings are just a bio-morph you can add to warriors in which case it'll be OK

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

goose willis posted:

It just seems excessively cruel to put them into the index and then magically make them disappear in the codex

Unless of course wings are just a bio-morph you can add to warriors in which case it'll be OK

Just use the index entry this poo poo ain't hard to grasp.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I'm slightly more annoyed that they didn't take this as an opportunity to revamp the warrior kit to include wings. Some of the models from that era are functional, but bit of a pain compared to newer stuff. Both gaunt types, warriors, carnifex, etc.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

My friend just uses gargoyle wings on his warriors and they look pretty sick

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
That is a nice conversion, but it's a bit too rough on my wallet to buy gargoyles just to chop up.

Instead I'm running normal warriors like a chump.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Sometimes on eBay you can get them for around 10 pairs for 20 dollars or less

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Attestant posted:

I'm slightly more annoyed that they didn't take this as an opportunity to revamp the warrior kit to include wings. Some of the models from that era are functional, but bit of a pain compared to newer stuff. Both gaunt types, warriors, carnifex, etc.

Sure, but outside of death guard and primaris how many kits have they released this year? Admech needed stuff more than tyranids need a warrior rerelease

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Attestant posted:

They redid the Tyranid Warrior kit only a few years ago, the new kit is a lot better than the old one you’re thinking of.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

chutche2 posted:

Sure, but outside of death guard and primaris how many kits have they released this year? Admech needed stuff more than tyranids need a warrior rerelease

But then, Admech models are new, while those Tyranid kits are over a decade old. Which one really needs new models worse?

Wait I know, the answer is space marines! :pseudo:

PierreTheMime posted:

They redid the Tyranid Warrior kit only a few years ago, the new kit is a lot better than the old one you’re thinking of.

Really, I thought they only added the new Tyranid Prime torso option, and included bone swords. Is it different in other ways too?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Attestant posted:

Wait I know, the answer is chaos space marines!

ftfy

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
It mentions that big scything talons are a lot cheaper. Hope this means a big price reduction for Trygons.

Also, getting 12 devourer shots on flyrants for 14 points ain't too bad.

Not seeing anything that's going to make them super good, but still a big improvement.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Master Twig posted:

It mentions that big scything talons are a lot cheaper. Hope this means a big price reduction for Trygons.

Even if the price is the same let Trygons get the extra attacks for the cost.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Its a shame Shrikes are gone, but that's really no different from mounted characters, Rough Riders, and other index units without models. In a perfect world they'd all get rereleases, but at least now they have rules.

They should all be free uploaded rules, though. gently caress buying a 4 faction index for one data sheet.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Looks great! All Howling Griffons, all the time!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

chutche2 posted:

So how are you supposed to fight genestealers with a 3+/5++

Is this a genuine question because lol

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Let the grog tears FLOOOOOOW!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

adamantium|wang posted:

Are any of the half dozen of you nerds that bought the new Mortarion interested in selling me the spare hands in the kit? I'm looking at converting the 30K model of him and am on the lookout for his left pistol and right scythe hands.
You should just use the patented Hixson Method and attach the left-handed weapon to the right arm. Problem solved.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Is the base of this one of the new plastic Eschers?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
It's the new lady Stormcast from the Shadespire starter, Angharad Brightshield.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Conversion and paintjob both are loving ace!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Crosspost

SteelMentor posted:

Bunch of Necromunda leaks from WD:

Big box is £75/$125 as predicted, however...

Everything in the box will be available separately straight from the bat! Personally I'm over the moon, I'm not really fussed on getting the Golliaths, but I wanted to paint some Eshers asap.

One of the first NM releases down the line is gonna be a Beastman bounty hunter based on the classic Beastman Guardsman.

In addition:

New Sector Mechanicus terrain

Fancy armylist notebooks

And the new buttplug is only gonna set you back a fiver.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Corrode posted:

Is the base of this one of the new plastic Eschers?

That's the female stormcast from Shadespire with a shadespire khorne base and then some fun Space marine bits.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

ijyt posted:

Is this a genuine question because lol

Glad we're back to the point in the thread cycle where chutche2 is freaking out over genestealers again...

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Nice. Still need to get my hands on the one from Blightwar at some point.

Also hearing that all the Necromunda stuff will be available separately from the start makes it hard to resist buying the Escher gang box.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Cooked Auto posted:

Nice. Still need to get my hands on the one from Blightwar at some point.

Also hearing that all the Necromunda stuff will be available separately from the start makes it hard to resist buying the Escher gang box.
Why resist? I'm going to get an Escher box and use them as Catachans for my Guard.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SteelMentor posted:

In addition:

New Sector Mechanicus terrain

Fancy armylist notebooks

I like that they're making the Ryza terrain available and putting out new sector mechanicus terrain. Probably scoop up both.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Gonna get a butt plug and girl gang. Cool new releases GW.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Groetgaffel posted:

Why resist? I'm going to get an Escher box and use them as Catachans for my Guard.

Because I have 15 Kriegers that I want to paint and 20-ish Blood Ravens plus a bunch of other stuff. Don't want to make my backlog even bigger.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

Because I have 15 Kriegers that I want to paint and 20-ish Blood Ravens plus a bunch of other stuff. Don't want to make my backlog even bigger.

Lmao that is not a backlog :allears:

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Cooked Auto posted:

Oh my sweet summer child, accept that the only time your backlog clears is when you give up the hobby and sell your unfinished models.

Your 35 models are NOTHING to me. I was born in the backlog, you merely adopted it. I sit upon my throne of shrink-wrapped boxes, look down upon your measly 35 infantry and find you wanting.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Hamshot posted:

Oh my sweet summer child, accept that the only time your backlog clears is when you give up the hobby and sell your unfinished models.

Your 35 models are NOTHING to me. I was born in the backlog, you merely adopted it. I sit upon my throne of shrink-wrapped boxes, look down upon your measly 35 infantry and find you wanting.

I'd really like Chuchus informed opinion on backlogs.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TKIY posted:

I'd really like Chuchus informed opinion on backlogs.

How many heavy bolters do I need to clear a horde of 10 years of backlog.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Hamshot posted:

I have 161 models on my tracking spreadsheet right now. This doesn't include off-sheet stuff like the Orks I have in a box with no particular plan to paint them, or the random never-started projects sat in ziplocs which maybe will emerge one day if I ever decide to play Eldar/Chaos/WMH. I live to churn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Hamshot posted:

I'm pretty smug right now. Last week I painted the very last unpainted Tyranid model I own. Close to 20,000pts, all painted.

Of course I'll probably end up buying something new with the codex... and then there's always my Eldar and GSC...