Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

I meant significant against Big Mom.

A Bug posted:

She took out Randolph and Brulee and captured her to use the mirror world for the Straw Hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

trip report from the floor: good donuts!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Randolf was a homie and Brulee is still up and kickin'

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Parrotine posted:

Randolf was a homie and Brulee is still up and kickin'

Zeus and Prometheus are homies too. Presumably Randolph is nowhere near as strong as them, but still. And the impactful thing wasn't knocking out Brulee, it was using her to zip around the mirror world and make animals look like Luffy to cause chaos in the wedding.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Desumaytah posted:

If Sanji gets his own boss-fight this arc, my money's on Streusen for the ultimate Chef-vs-Chef battle. Wasn't there an on-panel mention of how the guy was probably really strong in a fight?

Not saying you're wrong, but I can't think of it? Anyone else know?

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Sanji doesn't really need a boss fight since he's already going to be saving everybody's lives via the power of cooking.

I agree that it's important that the ship's cook saves the day with the power of cooking, but I also want him to kick someone very hard.

Luffy has sent multiple people flying the length of a city or island and both Zoro and Law have cut mountains in half. I would like Sanji to something similarly badass. Especially since Zoro will likely do something even more impressive than that in Wano and I like their little faux-rivalry.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
someone commented on streusen's insane control of his fruit to be able to re-angle the falling cake but even i forgot who it was

and yeah i agree with the above poster and when i heard year of sanji i thought he was gonna pull some batshit insane feat so people would stop wondering if the monster trio was a monster duo

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Was that made before or after the reveal, I feel he'd look good with the goofy mouth in Cuphead style

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That'll be his third form (second is awakening).

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

does cagney have an awakened devil fruit? my thesis:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lowercase16 posted:

Not saying you're wrong, but I can't think of it? Anyone else know?

I agree that it's important that the ship's cook saves the day with the power of cooking, but I also want him to kick someone very hard.

Luffy has sent multiple people flying the length of a city or island and both Zoro and Law have cut mountains in half. I would like Sanji to something similarly badass. Especially since Zoro will likely do something even more impressive than that in Wano and I like their little faux-rivalry.

zoro has not had a real fight during the timeskip and hes gonna fight someone straight up disgustingly powerful.

sanji is probably about as strong as jinbe and i think pitting them together against that guy on fishman island was to illustrate that, but they're also both hypercompetent at their roles which gives them development zoro will never get nor needs.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I want Zoro to go absolutely fight crazy as soon as he steps in Wano.
Or he gets challeneged by everyone since he has Shunsui.

Knowing Oda tho, Wano will be a love letter to every major samurai thing wver

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Knowing Oda tho, Wano will be a love letter to every major samurai thing wver

That would mean Fujitora has to show up again, though.

Can’t go all jidai geki without Zatoichi.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Zoro will fight and lose against Kaido, in such a way that Kaido will say something along the lines of "that might have even killed me... he's dead for sure" and then Zoro will wake up in half an hour, then fight and win against Kaido's second in command.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Desumaytah posted:

If Sanji gets his own boss-fight this arc, my money's on Streusen for the ultimate Chef-vs-Chef battle. Wasn't there an on-panel mention of how the guy was probably really strong in a fight?

Capone mentioned it right before they split up from the straw hats. But we've also already seen strussen completely decimated from failing to make the landing, covered head to toe in bandages, which is why we're relying on Pudding, Chiffon, and Sanji to bake the cake. No way there's a fight with him this arc.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Considering he's in mirror world and is surrounded by mirrors, what are the chances no one else saw katakuri in glutton mode?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah, I hope that happens too and it goes exactly like Anomander Rake visiting the Segulehs.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lpzie posted:

Yeah, I hope that happens too and it goes exactly like Anomander Rake visiting the Segulehs.

... I'm only on book four, so I assume this was a very pleasant visit and nothing bad happens.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

anime was right posted:

zoro has not had a real fight during the timeskip and hes gonna fight someone straight up disgustingly powerful.

sanji is probably about as strong as jinbe and i think pitting them together against that guy on fishman island was to illustrate that, but they're also both hypercompetent at their roles which gives them development zoro will never get nor needs.

That makes sense to me. I guess I just want Sanji to be as cool as he was when he was my favorite. But the crew's a lot larger now and their roles and competencies have expanded in such a way that the Zoro/Sanji rivalry doesn't make much sense anymore.

Still want him to kick someone very hard.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lowercase16 posted:

That makes sense to me. I guess I just want Sanji to be as cool as he was when he was my favorite. But the crew's a lot larger now and their roles and competencies have expanded in such a way that the Zoro/Sanji rivalry doesn't make much sense anymore.

Still want him to kick someone very hard.

agree, the fact that he hasnt gotten a cool fight this arc other than luffy is kind of lame

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

anime was right posted:

agree, the fact that he hasnt gotten a cool fight this arc other than luffy is kind of lame

Dressrosa was the arc where everyone got cool fights and we kind of learned our lesson there didn't we. Telling a good story >>> giving each character a fight.

Sanji has become a ten billion percent better character this arc, without even a single fight.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Bisse posted:

Dressrosa was the arc where everyone got cool fights and we kind of learned our lesson there didn't we. Telling a good story >>> giving each character a fight.

Sanji has become a ten billion percent better character this arc, without even a single fight.

no bc robin didnt get a cool fight

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

anime was right posted:

no bc robin didnt get a cool fight
Not canon no but the wu tang fight is top notch

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Aurora posted:

does cagney have an awakened devil fruit? my thesis:

hrrmery. interesting theory, but perhaps you could rephrase your answer in the form of a 50 minute youtube video??

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Bisse posted:

Not canon no but the wu tang fight is top notch

anime was right fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 29, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its "cannon" now, hehehehe...

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Considering he's in mirror world and is surrounded by mirrors, what are the chances no one else saw katakuri in glutton mode?

You actually made me think of something. I don't think anyone can look into the mirror world easily, unless Brulee helps them. I thought Chopper and Carrot needed her to contact others through the mirrors at least.

But she is currently watching the fight through those mirrors, right? And was just crowing about how gallant and perfect Mochi boy is. And he just protected her from getting hit by Luffy.

I could see Brulee freaking out about his crazy donut style and him actually attacking her for it. Like everyone keeps saying, their own dysfunctional family is majorly their undoing so far. Brulee getting chumped once more and left punched on the floor gives Luffy an easy out from super funtime mirrorland, at least.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Did dressrosa really have a fight for most crew members? I only remember Franky's.

I guess zoro ran around with that rock guy for a billion chapters.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

luffy, zoro, and franky all had traditional 1v1 fights, tho zoro mostly just ran around for his

brook, nami, and chopper fought that picasso lady

usopp scared the poo poo out of a little girl twice

sanji fought doflamingo for 2 seconds

robin's back fought some shrapnel

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Zoro's Dressarosa fight was mostly lame but the payoff at the end was very good.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Manatee Cannon posted:

usopp scared the poo poo out of a little girl twice

And it was one of the best parts of the entire manga. :colbert:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Sugar getting haki-sniped with a crudely drawn face is pretty much quintessential One Piece to me and I forgive all of the arc's weaknesses because the payoff was beyond worth it.

Zoro and Fujitora not being to cut or damage the bird cage is bullshit though.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Lpzie posted:

Wait, is this in the Malazan Book of the Fallen (everyone should read this, by the way) series or from one of the stories in the same world? I don't remember this at all.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
I believe it's mentioned as a reference, Anomander visited them in the past well before the modern age of the books. The Seguleh attacked him as an intruder, he murdered his way to the 7th before growing frustrated at their insistence on fighting. I can't remember if it's in a main book or side stories.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Raposa posted:

I believe it's mentioned as a reference, Anomander visited them in the past well before the modern age of the books. The Seguleh attacked him as an intruder, he murdered his way to the 7th before growing frustrated at their insistence on fighting. I can't remember if it's in a main book or side stories.

Oh, yeah, that sounds familiar. Thanks! Need to reread

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Raposa posted:

Riiiight, I remember this. It's mentioned in the main series, because I haven't read any of the side stuff.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That was insanely good goddamn

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The practicality of "lol why would I let you power up" was great also

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

man every time i see your av i get a goofy smile on my face

can't remember the last op arc that had as many characters i loved as this one does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Brother Entropy posted:

man every time i see your av i get a goofy smile on my face

can't remember the last op arc that had as many characters i loved as this one does

First time I've changed my av in years, friend. This arc is magical and inspiring. :hfive: