Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

surely trump is both fatter and more pro-carbs than clinton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Prav posted:

surely trump is both fatter and more pro-carbs than clinton

In person yes but he's all "You're FAT Chris Christie you're not being my VP"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Galaxy brain,

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GalacticAcid posted:

Galaxy brain,

Lindy West saw all the political cartoons of Michelle Obama snatching away chips and just full-on panicked

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

GalacticAcid posted:

Galaxy brain,

I don't think that's real.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I don't think that's real.

what is real? what is real?

i like how the failing nytimes is rehabilitating gwb, the original bad boy bad president

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 01:15 on Oct 20, 2017

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

dore on the insane NYT op-ed saying the dems needed more wall st cash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvvjQsqNUDI

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
jimmy bore

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I clicked on one of those videos once and regretted it

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/ajentleson/status/921192685939118080

nuremburg laws seen by many as failure to respect jews

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
FAILING

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Jimmy Dore is a saint

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/921551655082045440

HIRE MORE WOMEN WARMONGERS

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

gradenko_2000 posted:

HIRE MORE WOMEN WARMONGERS

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

:barf:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

somebody's gotta mong those wars

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Give war a chance.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

yes hillarys leftward lurch lost her the midwest, which she shouldve realized from totally destroying bernie in the michigan primary

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/922189581222600709

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the failing NYT's opinion section is especially awful this morning

there's an article by Ted Cruz essentially calling for war against North Korea...

...a university president saying that peaceful student protesters who opposed his policies were the real fascists...

...and a pro-death-penalty article from a rape victim who complains that the criminal justice reform movement is bad because it makes retribution seem "irrational"

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Main Paineframe posted:

the failing NYT's opinion section is especially awful this morning

there's an article by Ted Cruz essentially calling for war against North Korea...

...a university president saying that peaceful student protesters who opposed his policies were the real fascists...

...and a pro-death-penalty article from a rape victim who complains that the criminal justice reform movement is bad because it makes retribution seem "irrational"

A bunch of pretentious old men playing at running the world. But the world left them behind long ago. We are the future.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Nebakenezzer posted:

A bunch of pretentious old men playing at running the world. But the world left them behind long ago. We are the future.

i don't understand this reflexive optimism. the right's power is universal & impregnable, the center left is in shreds globally and the hard left barely has a pulse outside of autistic posters on forums and twitter

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

i don't understand this reflexive optimism. the right's power is universal & impregnable, the center left is in shreds globally and the hard left barely has a pulse outside of autistic posters on forums and twitter

It's a video games reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStn70Ot4r0

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
old men are the future

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

lol thanks, im a dummy

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

electronic old men

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxi7JRJrod4

running the world

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Old men and their "flexibility."

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
UNATCO?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

No, Savage

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!
Why contain it?

's cool.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

b o o m e r s

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

quote:

WALTON SIMONS
This plague -- the rioting is intensifying to the point where we may not be able
to contain it.

BOB PAGE
Why contain it? Let it spill over into the schools and churches, let the bodies
pile up in the streets. In the end, they'll beg us to save them.

WALTON SIMONS
I've received reports of armed attacks on shipments. There's not enough vaccine
to go around, and the underclasses are starting to get desperate.

BOB PAGE
Of course they're desperate. They can smell their death, and the sound they'll
make rattling their cage will serve as a warning to the rest.

Bob Page, NYT columnist

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/924762801226297344

this exact article has appeared in the Failing New York Times a dozen times by now

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/rob_flaherty/status/924972444196179970

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/27/opinion/communism-rose-colored-glasses.html

The facist new york times

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Bret loving Stephens

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Bret Stephens is a waste

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

quote:

But they will insist that there is an essential difference between Nazism and Communism — between race-hatred and class-hatred; Buchenwald and the gulag — that morally favors the latter.

It's almost as if you can change classes but not races.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

oh my fuuuucking gooooooooooooooooooooooood

this is the loving headline and framing that the new york time does on the donna brazille story:
NYT Hillary Clinton Gets an Award and Tears Are Shed

they literally start off with people crying over hillary getting the " Democratic Woman of the Year".

then later on they bring up donna brazile and literally draw a false equivalency between hillary having a joint fundraising agreement that gives her full control over the party with the joint fundraising agreement that sanders signed.

they frame it as just "intraparty tension"

this is how the NYT is seriously covering this story

i mfuckin ded lmao

(x-shitposting)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i'm c/ping the article because the NYT is known to significantly change a story after it is published:

quote:

WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton received a Democratic Woman of the Year Award — who else would it be? — at the Women’s National Democratic Club on Thursday, and the first tears were shed about three minutes after she took the stage.

In a room full of purple suffragist sashes and elected officials, Nuchhi Currier, the president of the organization, choked up when she said the outcome of the election — 358 days ago — was “very different from what had been anticipated.”

As the first anniversary of President Trump’s election win approaches, frustration and sadness over the loss of the first woman to be nominated for president by a major party has only seemed to grow more palpable among her supporters. Mrs. Clinton has frequently channeled their anger over the past 10 months, since Mr. Trump took office, and the awards ceremony was no different.

“I got more votes than anybody except Barack Obama in 2008,” Mrs. Clinton reminded her rapt crowd.

Over 55 minutes, Mrs. Clinton criticized the Trump administration’s “cavalier” approach to its dealings with Iran, attacked the administration’s apparent willingness to embrace Russia amid accusations of meddling in the election, discussed her approval ratings, promoted her election memoir and lamented a toxic environment for women across industries, especially in her own.

“The double standard that applies to women in politics is alive and well,” Mrs. Clinton said in a so-called fireside chat with Senator Dianne Feinstein, Democrat of California. “‘Ambitious’ is a compliment for men and it’s not for women.”

Mrs. Clinton’s appearance signaled the continuation of the Democratic mourning process that has persisted since the election, even as drama continues to mark her campaign. On Thursday, Politico published a first-person article by Donna Brazile, the former chair of the Democratic National Committee, who wrote that the Clinton campaign in 2016 controlled the committee and rigged the nomination process. Senator Elizabeth Warren, Democrat of Massachusetts, made the same accusation on CNN on Thursday.

Ms. Brazile also wrote that the Clinton campaign had used a joint fund-raising agreement that would grant it control over strategy in exchange for raising funds. Ms. Brazile characterized the agreement as a “cancer” for the Democratic Party.

Through a spokeswoman, officials for the party disagreed.

“Joint fund-raising committees were created between the DNC and both Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders in attempt to raise the general election funds needed to win in 2016,” Xochitl Hinojosa, the communications director for the committee, wrote in an email on Thursday. “Clinton was the only candidate who raised money for the party through her joint fund-raising committee with the DNC, which would benefit any candidate coming out of the presidential primary process.”

But intraparty tension was not on the Democratic women’s club’s agenda. In the midst of stacks of copies of Mrs. Clinton’s memoir, “What Happened,” and a man outside the building selling T-shirts emblazoned with her photo and the caption “The People’s Choice,” Mrs. Clinton was more focused on the external forces she believed brought about her downfall.

“In terms of affecting the momentum of the race,” she said, a letter sent by James B. Comey, the director of the F.B.I. in 2016, “was the proximate cause.” The letter reopened an investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s emails days before the election.

Still, Mrs. Clinton also displays an edgy sense of humor. At a book tour stop in Chicago on Monday, she was asked what her Halloween costume would be.

“I think I will maybe come as the president!” she said to laughter from the crowd.

At the Women’s National Democratic Club, Mrs. Clinton received a standing ovation as she left the room.