Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

What's expected to be announced here? I'm imagining some release dates for the bigger upcoming titles like TLOU 2 and Dad of War?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

What's expected to be announced here? I'm imagining some release dates for the bigger upcoming titles like TLOU 2 and Dad of War?

Knack 3

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pablo Gigante posted:

New rendering API (like OpenGL, Direct3D, etc.) with lower CPU usage, better use of multi-core, etc.

Hell, the best marketing they can give for how great it is is "we got this poo poo working on the Nintendo Switch :smuggo:".

ufarn
May 30, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

We've gone like three months without a new Final Fantasy game announcement, it's time.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'd like to see what from is working on next or maybe seeing what death stranding is even like as a game

that and some more mhw info but that's a pretty safe bet

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
MWH info rolls out of Capcom every now and then at nearly every games fest around the world, it's successful as heck selling pre-orders and playstations in Japan where they're working hard on the PR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LADV0465OFc

e: Pre-show? At least it's promised to have presentations, like seven unannounced games.
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/925016083223973888

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 30, 2017

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

pre-show's starting

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Oh YOOOOO, PS Access Holly just came back from Japan. Gotta be FromSoft time.

e: Guacamelee 2!

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 30, 2017

ufarn
May 30, 2009
They're already announcing new games in the preshow. Guacamelee just got a sequel! :neckbeard:

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Playing thru MGS5 right now, nearly 20 hours in, but still less than 10% complete somehow.

I'll start with the good stuff. The game looks great and is very smooth, impressive for not having any Pro benefits. The controls are tight and responsive (minus one thing). Fulton'ing things is hilarious. D-Pup is super-cute (he's not D-Dog yet), but it's too bad I can't pet on command.

On the other hand, the gameplay seems very shallow and repetitive, so I'm getting kinda bored already. I've started mixing up my approach more, but it's still just "start mission, go to base, kill a couple guys, extract a couple things, then leave."

I hope something changes here and it gets interesting again.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Crows Turn Off posted:

Playing thru MGS5 right now, nearly 20 hours in, but still less than 10% complete somehow.

I'll start with the good stuff. The game looks great and is very smooth, impressive for not having any Pro benefits. The controls are tight and responsive (minus one thing). Fulton'ing things is hilarious. D-Pup is super-cute (he's not D-Dog yet), but it's too bad I can't pet on command.

On the other hand, the gameplay seems very shallow and repetitive, so I'm getting kinda bored already. I've started mixing up my approach more, but it's still just "start mission, go to base, kill a couple guys, extract a couple things, then leave."

I hope something changes here and it gets interesting again.

If you don't fall in love with the gameplay and the many ways you can tackle the objectives, it'll be a hard to fall in love with. It is commonly seen as the greatest MGS game when it comes to gameplay. I'm doing a playthrough where I research and purchase as little as possible for the challenge and I've never had that much fun with the game before.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ufarn posted:

They're already announcing new games in the preshow. Guacamelee just got a sequel! :neckbeard:

This looks great, 4-player co-op and you can fight as a chicken

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/925018515400200193

that one looked awesome as hell, like Max Payne + Sleeping Dogs + Hotline Miami.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Is it wrong that Guacamelee 2 already is one of my most anticipated games of 2018?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
clevin confirmed

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

what's vulkan

Are you seen the Martian movie? the part where he have to remove frameworks from the rocket to fly faster? thats vulkan.

I don't know if could be applied to our beloved PS4.

Edit:

*does some googling around* This post seems to indicate that yes, it will be available

https://twitter.com/marcan42/status/817235485689020417

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 30, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

A proper serious tennis game? How long has it been?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

When does the show proper start?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Solaris Knight posted:

Is it wrong that Guacamelee 2 already is one of my most anticipated games of 2018?

Thissssssssss!

ufarn
May 30, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

When does the show proper start?
32 minutes after this post.

Solaris Knight posted:

Nah, it's one of my favourite PS+ freebies by far. Only thing that was weird to me was the way the different endings worked.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Moss in February :3::3::3:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh

Let's go back to the standard nazis instead.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Kevin Conroy VA in the RE7 DLC? Or maybe the lead was just extremely gruff.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

If you don't fall in love with the gameplay and the many ways you can tackle the objectives, it'll be a hard to fall in love with. It is commonly seen as the greatest MGS game when it comes to gameplay. I'm doing a playthrough where I research and purchase as little as possible for the challenge and I've never had that much fun with the game before.
I've played MGS1 thru 4 entirely, I think MGS3 is my favorite of the bunch. Every mission in MGS5 is just too similar. I'll keep playing and see if I can try to switch it up even more.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh

Let's go back to the standard nazis instead.

We can always play JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven and play the adorable robo-nazi Rudol Von Stroheim who has a HMG that shoots from his belly...

Or leave it at Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Call of Duty 1 and 2 and be done with it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

apparently I tuned into this at exactly the wrong time because it's droning on about vr

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
They can't just pretend VR doesn't exist, it's not the Vita.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
My Sony PGS hot takes:

1) Tennis. Bleh, I guess?

2) LocoRoco 2. Yup!

3) Guacamelee 2. Hell-fuckin-YUP!

4) Hong Kong Massacre. Has potential I suppose. I'll give the devs the benefit of the doubt that maybe they just don't know how to make an interesting trailer. Bored-o.

5) Star Child. Interesting aesthetic. Not sure what the gently caress.

6) The Gardens Between. Interesting. Intrigued. So loving tired of "oh poo poo you control time!", though.

7) Megalith (is that the 7th.) Don't have VR anymore, but total soft-dick trailer.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Why on earth would you play this trash rhythm game with its idiot music in a world where Thumper exists

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I thought PGS stood for Playstation Game Show and I was like "isn't that in December?" :downs:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hell yeah I'm down for Guac 2.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Journey 2? That's how original Oure looks.

e: trailers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?sonyplaystation?videos

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 30, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

journey but you're a dragon now. man abzu should have had you been the shark now that I think about it

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Feenix posted:

My Sony PGS hot takes:

1) Tennis. Bleh, I guess?

2) LocoRoco 2. Yup!

3) Guacamelee 2. Hell-fuckin-YUP!

4) Hong Kong Massacre. Has potential I suppose. I'll give the devs the benefit of the doubt that maybe they just don't know how to make an interesting trailer. Bored-o.

5) Star Child. Interesting aesthetic. Not sure what the gently caress.

6) The Gardens Between. Interesting. Intrigued. So loving tired of "oh poo poo you control time!", though.

7) Megalith (is that the 7th.) Don't have VR anymore, but total soft-dick trailer.

Sounds boring as gently caress. Glad I ignored this.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

spelunky 2 is legit exciting to me

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Spelunky 2!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Spelunky 2? Yep sounds rad!

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Healbot posted:

Sounds boring as gently caress. Glad I ignored this.

Bad signs, maybe next year they'll start on the next console cycle and we have something to look forward to.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

It was just the preshow where they showed VR games and indies. Actual presentation starts now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Liver Disaster posted:

Bad signs, maybe next year they'll start on the next console cycle and we have something to look forward to.

lol