Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Putting a scope on the assault rifle switches it to single shot mode and ramps the damage. It basically replaces the dmr thing from the first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Am I doing something wrong, or is the Maschinenpistole just a lot weaker than every other gun? I remember pretty much having to mag-dump for one or two kills in the courthouse.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Really Pants posted:

Am I doing something wrong, or is the Maschinenpistole just a lot weaker than every other gun? I remember pretty much having to mag-dump for one or two kills in the courthouse.

The damage falloff seems really steep on that gun. You have to use it at really close range.

It's basically a shotgun but worse.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
It's good at close-medium range against regular unarmored dudes, especially if you don't have the double magazine upgrade for the assault rifle yet.

But yeah, the shotgun and the assault rifle are better in most cases.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I could take or leave the end credits cover? I mean, I guess getting the Twisted Sister version would have cost too much.

Putting the fact that I am a colossal idiot aside, how do you start episode zero of The Freedom Chronicles DLC?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 30, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'll admit it, I like the weird rear end end credits cover.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
So far I've found the Constictor Harness, and the Ram shackles, and really like the combo of the two. You can snake around the map and pick every normal guy off, then bum rush the remaining big guys arms off. I'm going to look for the Go Go Gadget legs after work today.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I could take or leave the end credits cover? I mean, I guess getting the Twisted Sister version would have cost too much.

Putting the fact that I am a colossal idiot aside, how do you start episode zero of The Freedom Chronicles DLC?

Wait for it to come out

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How do the extendo legs takedowns work?
I guess I've not the only person having trouble since the trophy for doing one has a 0.4% completion rate currently.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

SwissArmyDruid posted:

It's the unlock on the main menu so it's not unlocked yet. November 7th or 8th I think?

Sakurazuka posted:

How do the extendo legs takedowns work?
I guess I've not the only person having trouble since the trophy for doing one has a 0.4% completion rate currently.

I got it by getting up behind a guy who was on a platform facing away from the edge and killing him from behind, in one of the uberkommando missions.

cooshee
Feb 26, 2015
smg with suppressor allows you to deal damage fast enough to blow up the flying drones or the big guys after sabotaging them with melee and "stealth" kill them before they turn around and alert everyone

and that may be its only use

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I prefer to stealth-kill the big guys by cutting their fuel lines from behind, then shooting the fuel trail with a suppressed Pistole to blow them up.

I'm annoyed that exploding their fuel tanks with direct fire usually won't kill them, though.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

SwissArmyDruid posted:

There is one place in room that is safer than all the others, it is upstairs in the corner of the room, behind a giant pillar, with the stairs on your right, and the cage to your left.

Thanks, this is what did it, just killing a few guys in my left and throwing a grenade down the stairs every once in a while. I think it was the drones killing me more than anything and the pillar solved that.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So is anyone playing this on a 2500K who could give a trip report?

I don't know, I found it loving hysterical to hop in an autogyro and drop bait on camps in Far Cry 4. That was replay value in and of itself, especially after a bad day. It didn't even hurt your karma. :D

I have a 3770k at 4.2GHz (should be near identical performance) on a 1080 @ 4k resolution with all the settings maxed and getting 100+ FPS. Your CPU should be more than fine for this game as long as you have a good GPU.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

What’s the best contraption to go with? I opted for the constrictor harness but it’s buggy as hell.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Okay, question: I'm at the penultimate story level, and I haven't done any of the Oberkommando missions yet despite cracking a number of enigma codes. Will I have time to do these missions before the last level, or are they all relegated to post-story content? I wanted to hunt down some Nazis before the New Orleans mission but the game wouldn't let me.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Arcsquad12 posted:

Okay, question: I'm at the penultimate story level, and I haven't done any of the Oberkommando missions yet despite cracking a number of enigma codes. Will I have time to do these missions before the last level, or are they all relegated to post-story content? I wanted to hunt down some Nazis before the New Orleans mission but the game wouldn't let me.

Did you use the enigma machine? You have to pinpoint their locations with it first. And yes, apparently they can all be done either postgame or before.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mordja posted:

Did you use the enigma machine? You have to pinpoint their locations with it first. And yes, apparently they can all be done either postgame or before.

I have pinpointed them. But I'm on Venus immediately after the New Orleans mission and from what I've heard that's right before the end mission.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ludicro posted:

What’s the best contraption to go with? I opted for the constrictor harness but it’s buggy as hell.

Even if you never do the worm, the Harness is still great for quieting your steps and giving you an extra second to dome guards before they alert the Nazi hive mind.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I have pinpointed them. But I'm on Venus immediately after the New Orleans mission and from what I've heard that's right before the end mission.

You should have a chance once you get back from that.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Man I don't know how Wyatt can even come close to topping Fergus. Is his stuff interesting or funny? Because man is Fergus a great character and giving him a robot arm that he can't fully control is constantly the funniest poo poo.

The scene of him trying to eat the cookie that was in the E3 trailer was still just as funny seeing it in game. I went with Fergus in the first game too and I can't imagine going the Wyatt route. ILU Fergus, #1 Fergus Fan here. Also I find Sigrund an interesting character because on one hand I'm like "stop being mean to her!" when everyone but Bombate is a jerk to her but on the other hand I also don't fully trust her and I'm expecting her to turn on us at some point.

Also do the level layouts change depending on which body upgrade you picked? Because I went with the extendolegs and the next major level I did had 100% mandatory extendoleg sections that you couldn't get past without them.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
There are other paths through, you just use the other devices to get through them instead.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Really Pants posted:

Even if you never do the worm, the Harness is still great for quieting your steps and giving you an extra second to dome guards before they alert the Nazi hive mind.
Its not bad I guess. I have both it and the Ramshackles right now. During one lategame level Venus I didn't see a single vent. The slowdown and quieter steps are alright I guess, but I wasn't having much of an issue sneaking beforehand either. The Ramshackles' perk increases the amount of armor you pick up which means that the more people you ram, the more aggressively you can play, which I like in general. I'm glad I took the Shackles over the Harness. The Walkers look like they're great though, and I kind of wish I'd gone with them.

Really Pants posted:

You should have a chance once you get back from that.
I didn't, I got dumped immediately into boarding the Ausmerzer. I did take the opportunity to use the war map a few times before I went to New Orleans though, maybe that was it? Also, maybe the timelines have a slightly different order; so I'm doing Wyatt's.

Also, while I like dualwielding a lot, one thing that I'd generally forgotten that a recent accidental misclick and subsequent murdering spree reminded me: the headshot perk increase your damage when aiming down the sights, which means a singled schockhammer can kill out to a frankly absurd range if you aim it for the +50% damage.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Also do the level layouts change depending on which body upgrade you picked? Because I went with the extendolegs and the next major level I did had 100% mandatory extendoleg sections that you couldn't get past without them.

There might be some collectibles that need one contraption or another, I'm not sure, but mission barriers will always be accessible in all three ways. And then sometimes you can just use the door like a scrub.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:lol: The call from Anya in the middle of the mission where she tells me that the pregnancy might be making her "excited" while she's killing Nazis. And then Fergus reveals she's on everyone's frequency and she's like "Oh god is everyone on here?" and Grace, Bombate and Max Hauss all confirm yes.

Amazing. The character moments in this game are so good

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

CDHiggs posted:

YOU ARE GAY! DONT KISS BLACKS! I BEAT YOUR MOM! SHE IS A JEW! KILL YOUR DOG!

2017 South Carolina is full of rear end in a top hat fathers exactly like this, without any amount of exaggeration or hyperbole.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I just got home from a trip and got my package with my Terror Billy and it's great. :allears: The instruction booklet folds out to a mini Blitzmensch poster, where we learn that Uncle Sam in a tank was named "Uncle Samson" and the baseball player is "Grand Slam." Now I want to know all the rogues' names. I am looking forward to a night of complete Nazi killing once I get home from work.

I would say if your figure has a flaw (bad eyes like one poster had, mine looked OK) contact Bethesda for a replacement. I agree with the minimal posing but I'm not going to be playing with the figure, so... :shrug: And yes, I did put on the bomber jacket. While I like the aesthetic of the yellow jacket, the bomber jacket just looks so much nicer.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Macaluso posted:

:lol: The call from Anya in the middle of the mission where she tells me that the pregnancy might be making her "excited" while she's killing Nazis. And then Fergus reveals she's on everyone's frequency and she's like "Oh god is everyone on here?" and Grace, Bombate and Max Hauss all confirm yes.

Amazing. The character moments in this game are so good

final mission when she's naked from the waist up, covered in blood, screaming and firing two assault rifles was fantastically absurd

It is really strange to me that I've recruited two cities worth of #resistance militias and the only person who can back me up on this infiltration mission is my 69-week pregnant wife. BJ protects her from knowing his body is garbage but not from flying fortresses full of nazis

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Antares posted:

final mission when she's naked from the waist up, covered in blood, screaming and firing two assault rifles was fantastically absurd

It is really strange to me that I've recruited two cities worth of #resistance militias and the only person who can back me up on this infiltration mission is my 69-week pregnant wife. BJ protects her from knowing his body is garbage but not from flying fortresses full of nazis

yeah i had the same reaction. how the gently caress did they convince BJ "nazis have killed everyone i love" Blazcowitz to let her come on a dangerous mission

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012
Is it just me or is Eva’s hammer absurdly big?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Loved the quiet somber tone when returning back to BJ's childhood home. Taking in these memories of a childhood long gone and an abusive father that- wait, is that a weapon part upgrade? "NICE. I SHOULD GET TO UPGRADIN MY WEAPONS"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Power_of_the_glory posted:

Is it just me or is Eva’s hammer absurdly big?

It's the largest nuclear submarine ever built, and it's the size of a small town.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
There is a deck schematic of the Eva's Hammer in the TNO artbook. It's stupidly large but I don't know how large nuclear subs generally are.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

kefkafloyd posted:

There is a deck schematic of the Eva's Hammer in the TNO artbook. It's stupidly large but I don't know how large nuclear subs generally are.

They're big, don't get me wrong, but the Eva's Hammer is absurdly big.
Also, I think the Eva's Hammer actually got bigger between games given how the whole ship has been redesigned and the bridge looks nothing like it did in TNO.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Are you loving kidding me with this audition stuff? :lol:

I was worried there for a little bit that this game wasn't going to be able to be as ridiculous as the first one, I'm glad I keep getting proven wrong ever since the farm bit.

Also I LOVED the scene in New Orleans where you and the preacher get drunk. What an amazingly well done scene with the way the music was used and stuff

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i'm still legit pissed there isn't a way to survive stomping on hitler's neck

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He's part zombie anyways, probably wouldn't entirely kill him.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This audition poo poo is killing me. The devs making Hitler look like a loving stupid clown idiot is incredible

edit: THE PHOTOGRAPH OF ADULT BJ RIDING THE TRICYCLE Jesus CHRIST :lol:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 30, 2017

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Apparently Machine Games's censorship of that scene for the German release involved removing Hitler's mustache and not referring to him by name. And that's it.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yeah as soon as I saw the option to stomp on him I started planning this elaborate sequence to stomp him, rush the guy to his left for a rifle and use the box as cover, etc. and an kinda miffed I'm not even allowed to try.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Aight, I milked some performance out of my creaky old PC with new drivers and lots of low graphics settings! I'm still running an i5-2500k and a GTX 760: would a new GPU get me a stable 60 on moderate settings, or should I just hold off for an entirely new rig? If I'm CPU bottlenecked I'll settle for playing in PS2 mode.