Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Fifty Three posted:

Miami and Iowa are both debuting black uniforms for next week and they both own

https://twitter.com/CanesFootball/status/924715868864512001

I thought Miami already broke out these black unis for one of their earlier games?

I guess that means you can count on the Hokies likely going all white. Honestly I have no idea, they've done something different all but 2 weeks this season. I would personally prefer maroon/white/maroon for this one but that would be my preferred away kit anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I thought Miami already broke out these black unis for one of their earlier games?

I guess that means you can count on the Hokies likely going all white. Honestly I have no idea, they've done something different all but 2 weeks this season. I would personally prefer maroon/white/maroon for this one but that would be my preferred away kit anyway.

Nope!

It was supposed to be the GT game when it was a Thursday night game, but it got moved to Saturday afternoon thanks to Irma.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

RumbleFish posted:

Next week will be a different kind of pain, because UGA is going to pull a 2007 Arkansas and run for 500+ yards on us.

Not buying it. You guy always seem to beat UGA when it's just stupid to think that will happen.

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA is opening a 22.5 point favorite against South Carolina

Points all day long.

Admittedly I'm setting up a win no matter the outcome.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/925002617968889856

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

drewhead posted:

Not buying it. You guy always seem to beat UGA when it's just stupid to think that will happen.

Points all day long.

Admittedly I'm setting up a win no matter the outcome.

I think it'll be close for 3 quarters. Then UGA is gonna get off their rear end and score 21 in the 4th alone.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Mason Fine rules

Oh god please torch Tech

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Dilber posted:

You know, I looked at the games this weekend, and I'm going to put Syracuse on upset alert.

After their tough loss to Miami, followed by a bye week and then looking ahead to a big game with Wake Forest, I feel that the FSU game could be a trap. Every team that's walked into Doak this year has walked out a winner, and I feel that Syracuse could be a bit over confident. Jimbo's looking for his first win at home this year, and maybe the team comes out motivated.

this post should not get buried on the previous page

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

This is a brutal own of FSU lol

I love it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/danharralson/status/925031331578499072

Lol. ORBIT MOTIONS!!! How is this bozo still on the sideline

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
TBF Orbit motion is an actual football term/play, just not used that much.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 30, 2017

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Joey Freshwater posted:

TBF Orbit motion is an actual football term/play, just not used that much.

Its less the orbit motion and more the fact that I wouldnt be surprised if we lost to Southern loving Mississippi at this point.

https://twitter.com/marshallhughes/status/925031950271811584

Florida fires their coach and we sit here enduring the tomato faced platitude incarnate and his mentally handicapped offensive coordinator

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mods pls name me Orbit Motion

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

Its less the orbit motion and more the fact that I wouldnt be surprised if we lost to Southern loving Mississippi at this point.

https://twitter.com/marshallhughes/status/925031950271811584

Florida fires their coach and we sit here enduring the tomato faced platitude incarnate and his mentally handicapped offensive coordinator

$4m to make Mac leave is a hell of a lot lower than the $8.1 it'd take Tennessee to dump Butch right now.

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

MourningView posted:

Do you actually know that somehow or are you just repeating stuff from message boards?

No, just reading between the lines. An "undisclosed medical issue" along with a press release offering "all of our support and best wishes throughout this time" from the school pretty much tells the story.

Also, look at this haircut and tell me he's not on drugs.

e: speeling

SmellsLikeToast fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 30, 2017

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i'm the unbuttoned button-down collar

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

https://twitter.com/DavidHaleESPN/s...648474708193280

Weird how many of the top 10 teams have played so many bad teams

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

lamentable dustman posted:

But haven't you heard? The SEC and Big Ten are such strong conferences! :downs:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Nobody has honestly argued that the B1G is a strong conference for almost a decade now.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DJExile posted:

Nobody has honestly argued that the B1G is a strong conference for almost a decade now.

I'm pretty sure there's a very vocal contingent of Ohio State fans that do.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

https://twitter.com/IanHest/status/924710892318740482

Surprised to see Miami and Bama that high in SOR.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

DJExile posted:

$4m to make Mac leave is a hell of a lot lower than the $8.1 it'd take Tennessee to dump Butch right now.

Its really less than that because Mac owes $1.5m to both UF and CSU as part of a deferred buyout clause that Florida would have paid for in full at the end of his contract but because he is leaving he has to pay it.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

iospace posted:

Who on earth would say that this year

I'd say at least the Big 10 has more than one good team, but I imagine if Ohio State, Penn State, and Wisconsin formed one Voltron team they'd just about equal Alabama, so it's pretty even

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Wheres the list of top 10 teams that lost to Syracuse?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
People justifiably poo poo on Wisconsin's schedule but Bama's so far is about as bad given what FSU has wound up being

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

I'm happy for the guy. He would have been squandered by Nuss and he might have been decent enough to save Mac's job so probably for the best he's Funslingin in West Virginia.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MourningView posted:

People justifiably poo poo on Wisconsin's schedule but Bama's so far is about as bad given what FSU has wound up being

To be fair, FSU was at full strength to start that game and injuries have just piled up since. Bama got the best version of them, whatever thats worth.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MourningView posted:

Yeah, though the Big Ten portion this year was out of our control (as it is for all the teams in conference, to be fair).

So of course we scheduled cupcakes well in advance.

At least we don't play Rutgers this year, then it would be REALLY soft.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

Its really less than that because Mac owes $1.5m to both UF and CSU as part of a deferred buyout clause that Florida would have paid for in full at the end of his contract but because he is leaving he has to pay it.

Where can I find info like this? I looked around to see if we paid any sort of buyout for Butch that he may owe but all I can find is that he resigned, nothing about a buyout. So it sounds like he either paid it or he didnt owe one.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Is it bad that I had to think really hard about who we beat that has a winning record?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Where can I find info like this? I looked around to see if we paid any sort of buyout for Butch that he may owe but all I can find is that he resigned, nothing about a buyout. So it sounds like he either paid it or he didnt owe one.

It's mostly through public records requests, then digging through the coach's contract and translating the legalese.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Manoueverable posted:

Is it bad that I had to think really hard about who we beat that has a winning record?

Nah it's okay no one else can stay awake long enough to watch Pac 12 games either so knowing what that conference is doing should prb remain a mystery.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

News: Dantonio's ringtone is the "You're Welcome" song from "Moana"

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/925055017140346880

Views: Dantoniowns

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

iospace posted:

Yeah, though the Big Ten portion this year was out of our control (as it is for all the teams in conference, to be fair).

Nah, gently caress off, I didn't get to play this card in 2015 when everyone was making GBS threads on us all year so I don't want to hear it.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
I'm surprised Butch didn't show up for that press conference in a George Costanza bodysuit. What does this guy have to do to get his buyout?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

I'm surprised Butch didn't show up for that press conference in a George Costanza bodysuit. What does this guy have to do to get his buyout?

Tennessee likely can't afford it right now.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Tennessee likely can't afford it right now.

They can definitely afford it. Tennessee athletics makes a shitton of money and our biggest booster (Haslam) is worth billions. My guess is they're waiting to have the new guy ready before they announce Butch's firing. Or their looking for a way to reduce the buyout. Affording it isn't the issue.

There's not any 16-17 numbers yet but UT reported surplus earnings of over 13 million in '14-'15 and 12 million in '15-'17 - that's the athletics department as a whole.

In 2015 Forbes rated Tennessee #3 behind Notre Dame and Texas as most valuable football team.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 30, 2017

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Bamas schedule sucks rear end this year but they cant really help it

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

DJExile posted:

News: Dantonio's ringtone is the "You're Welcome" song from "Moana"

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/925055017140346880

Views: Dantoniowns

quick and dirty:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Emron posted:

Bamas schedule sucks rear end this year but they cant really help it

Yeah who knew Colorado State, Fresno State, FSU and Mercer were gonna be bad matchups.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Seaniqua posted:

quick and dirty:

lol

also now finding out that was a reporter, shame

unrelated, toledo has a giveaway for students taht includes tacos, coke, and fanny packs

https://twitter.com/ToledoRockets/status/925031173197324293

• Locked thread