Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

tunam3lt posted:

Because it should have been part of the base game?

Get the gently caress out lmao

You're serious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

Regarding the trailer, the whole YOU THE PLAYER ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO IS POWERFUL ENOUGH TO BE A HERO trait this game constantly sticks to is so worn out and old. It doesn't even make sense in the context of the world and game they've built.

That's literally been the premise of Destiny since day one.

You are the best guardian of them all, every other guardian you see is just some lovely scrub picking his nose while you save the solar system.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
December 5th and September 6th are really far apart

Like a lot of time

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Norns posted:

You're serious?

"I mean, legion's really good, why didn't blizzard just launch with legion in 2006 instead of vanilla because vanilla sucked?"

Yeah that's a lovely argument, but it's not actually functionally different here because both need a complete lack of understanding of how time works.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

xzzy posted:

You are the best guardian of them all, every other guardian you see is just some lovely scrub picking his nose while you save the solar system.

If it had taken Ghaul 5 more minutes to block off the Traveler's light in the intro mission this game would have been really short.

e: VVVV Judging by the credits delaying launch 3 more months would have cost 30-40 million dollars...

Murgos fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 30, 2017

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

December 5th and September 6th are really far apart

Like a lot of time

They should have delayed the whole game to Dec 5th and included that... and some other stuff.

To balance this out with a genuine compliment, the music in this game is really really good. Is Destiny 1 this good?

Edit: oh, D1 album is on Spotify, guess I'll find out

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

explosivo posted:

Was it this one?

That was it!

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Technically, Destiny 2 should have been part of the base game of Destiny

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

xzzy posted:

That's literally been the premise of Destiny since day one.

Yeah I know, it's just pandering and gets old.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I really like shooting vex. So I'm pumped about Vault of Glass: Mercury Edition.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah I know, it's just pandering and gets old.

Well it's been Bungie's shtick for 25 years so maybe you should stop buying their games. :v:

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

I paid $60.00 USD for this game and I don't feel ripped off yet. I think the enviroments are pretty, and the core gameplay is fun. Shoot mans, get loot, listen to good music, and have annoying rear end freinds talking over cutscenes.

Sneaky Wombat fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 30, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I want to know everyone who is complaining about the DLC Light level

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Section Z posted:

That depends on how much you like hammering the super button for your multi shots, I guess :v: But yes at least Quiver seems serviceable, or so I would assume. It can still one-shot basic cabal trash mobs right?

gently caress Six Shooter though. That's the unarguably hosed one. Just saying "But the Devs probably INTENDED for it to be good!" doesn't save it from really screwing you over even in the most casual PvE funhaving.

oh no you have to press the six times oh no

it probably? kills poo poo in an arrow, but if you're trying to shoot stuff to death with six arrows you're not doing it right. tag a group of dudes, then tag one dude with an arrow, kill all the dudes.

However using the Orpheus Rig to fire a tether and just get it back is hilarious.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

xzzy posted:

Well it's been Bungie's shtick for 25 years so maybe you should stop buying their games. :v:

It's honestly part of why I think ODST and Reach are the best Halo games. They're capable of more interesting, grounded stories but that's apparently not what people want.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
https://blog.activision.com/t5/Destiny/Get-Ready-for-the-First-Destiny-2-Expansion/ba-p/10452174

-new story
-new planet
-new social space
- new strikes
- :siren: new raid :siren:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Sign me up for Space Egyptian hats!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

New Raid*

*Content

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I was just saying this morning that I wanted Space Egypt in this game since I saw "Trials of Osiris" somewhere and got excited over nothing.

I'm pretty interested but I also never played the first game at all so everything is new to me. :kiddo:

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
People complaining about DLC coming 3 months after release are dumb.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

New Raid*

*Content

Can you paste the content here? gaming sites are blocked by the company proxy :negative:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's pretty lol that they call them social spaces when they don't provide any way to actually socialize in them. They should be called 'vendor spaces'

I still can't believe they haven't even implemented guild chat, I mean wtf

It's weird how the PC port is actually pretty good in terms of performance and video customization options, but they seemingly forgot that pcs have keyboards and that theyre pretty handy for communicating in online games designed for cooperative play

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 30, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

El Chingon posted:

Can you paste the content here? gaming sites are blocked by the company proxy :negative:

In the list of new stuff, they say

New strikes!
New patrol space!
New Raid CONTENT

That bonus word concerns me. Like, if they'd said "New strikes" vs "New strikes modifiers" I wouldn't expect new strikes to be coming

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
I wonder what a "social space" is? Another lovely hub where everyone stands around cycling their 4 emotes, unable to speak?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

El Chingon posted:

quote:

Curse of Osiris adds a new chapter to the world of Destiny 2, expanding the universe by adding an all-new cinematic story with new and returning characters, a new destination to explore, Mercury and its Infinite Forest, a new social space to visit called the Lighthouse, new missions, new strikes, new raid content, new free roam activities. a world quest to complete, and more.

New raid CONTENT seems a little odd but the rest of it sounds good.

I still want to know what the "Infinite Forest" is. Also, I hope it's infinite.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 30, 2017

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Bardeh posted:

It's pretty lol that they call them social spaces when they don't provide any way to actually socialize in them. They should be called 'vendor spaces'

Haha I assumed that meant like new social interfaces or chat features or something. It didn't even occur to me that that meant a new town hub.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
um so I got an arm armor called arms of optimancy that look really cool, but they only have 10 defence? Are they just made for infusion or whatever? That seems a little bit silly

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I was just saying this morning that I wanted Space Egypt in this game since I saw "Trials of Osiris" somewhere and got excited over nothing.

I'm pretty interested but I also never played the first game at all so everything is new to me. :kiddo:

It was a really sweet set armour. They managed to make trials rewards uniquelly awesome. And egyptians godlike.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Doorknob Slobber posted:

um so I got an arm armor called arms of optimancy that look really cool, but they only have 10 defence? Are they just made for infusion or whatever? That seems a little bit silly

To keep from appearing "pay to win", any armor that comes from the Eververse is 10power and you need to infuse it with stuff you've earned from actually playing.

Note that being 10 power doesn't make it bad.

High power items are common. Rare items are rare. A rare item at power 10 can be a rare item at power 305 once you stuff a random blue into it.

(people have sharded their super rare and good Trials welfare engram weapons because they dropped at 10power for a few weeks)

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Yodzilla posted:

It's honestly part of why I think ODST and Reach are the best Halo games. They're capable of more interesting, grounded stories but that's apparently not what people want.

I've played through all the Halo games on legendary with my cousin (except uhhh 4? I think it is?) as a kind of weird family throwback ritual. Also I can barely play consoles at all. However, ODST was loving rad as hell. Really cool, probably the best Halo of all of them. Although honestly I found 2 and 3 to be pretty generic and not great regardless, so maybe that's not such a high honour.

I'm still enjoying Destiny 2, but it's early days, and I really feel the dearth of social is going to kill this game wicked loving fast unless they fix it. Everywhere feels so barren and lifeless because of it. Other players are just ships passing each other in the night.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Jeza posted:

I'm still enjoying Destiny 2, but it's early days, and I really feel the dearth of social is going to kill this game wicked loving fast unless they fix it. Everywhere feels so barren and lifeless because of it. Other players are just ships passing each other in the night.

Not likely. They've stated before that they believe that making you go out of game to form groups leads to a higher retention rate. I'm sure they have a spread sheet.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Jeza posted:

It's seriously insane that when I'm grinding public events and I run into some people doing the same, there's no way to coordinate with them at all. Like even a simple "I'm headed to [map marker waypoint]" emote would suffice, if they really don't want us to be able to chat. Like someone else said, I might as well be playing with bots.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

To keep from appearing "pay to win", any armor that comes from the Eververse is 10power and you need to infuse it with stuff you've earned from actually playing.

Note that being 10 power doesn't make it bad.

High power items are common. Rare items are rare. A rare item at power 10 can be a rare item at power 305 once you stuff a random blue into it.

(people have sharded their super rare and good Trials welfare engram weapons because they dropped at 10power for a few weeks)

I didn’t even think about upgrading my Eververse shoes. I got some silver slippers that make me marginally faster and I also just assumed they were a joke item because they look silly as hell.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Actually, the Eververse lock armor owns.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Protip: All gear in the game is essentially cosmetic (except for the minor Res, Rec, Mob variations) since everything can be upgraded to max power.

You will spend a large portion of the end game playing Space Barbie.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Found the new trailer music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGx6yRioKos

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Norns posted:

You're serious?

Is it really that crazy to expect developers to not release a low content 60 dollar game and then a month later release paid content they were working on before release? Used to people would poo poo on developers for working on DLC before launch..

Also having no real way to communicate with strangers in a game that is primarily group based.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 30, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if d2 is low-content, what game isn't? i'm being serious, and i'm not even super fond of d2.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Thankfully this was 3 months later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Content isn't the problem with D2 at all. Reward structure is. And they said they are going to address some of that even before the expansion hits.

• Locked thread