Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

SotC remake looks good but I'm not sure if it's a game I'd ever really want to replay. Good for all of you who get to experience it for the first time.

I want to replay it because the last time I replayed it was as part of the SOTC/ICO double pack for PS3 in 2011.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

this is how I felt after the Guacamelee 2 reveal

That's a close second for me. Tied with Shadow of the Colossus.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Based on everything I've seen about TLOU2 so far I suspect that Joel is going to be conveniently written out of the script early on, either as an early death shock moment or just relocated elsewhere for most of Ellie's journey. It would be kind of hard for her character to evolve in a satisfying way with him there all the time.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Manatee Cannon posted:

death stranding is at best a 2019 game so I wouldn't expect much from it until maybe e3 if we're lucky. I'd actually be surprised if it came out that soon tho

Not counting the inevitable delays

ufarn
May 30, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Based on everything I've seen about TLOU2 so far I suspect that Joel is going to be conveniently written out of the script early on, either as an early death shock moment or just relocated elsewhere for most of Ellie's journey. It would be kind of hard for her character to evolve in a satisfying way with him there all the time.
I dunno, that'd just feel like TLOU1 Winter all over again.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
People always forget this part of a Kojima game's development where there's not a peep for years. As much poo poo as Konami gets for pretty much everything (and they deserve it), making a Kojima game really is a long, expensive delay filled process and he really can't be the easiest guy to have working for you.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I feel like the only place TLOU 2 could go that I'm interested in would be a story about escaping and recovering from abuse. I really like the stories of TLOU and Uncharted 4, so I'm willing to trust Druckmann (and whatever impact Straley had before leaving) but for some reason I have a really bad feeling they're gonna try to rehabilitate Joel, when the entire point of the first game is that he's a terrible, broken, selfish person who sacrifices the world for his only human connection against that person's will. It's totally paranoia, I know, but if they did that I'd just hate it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There's also his tendency to put in some new piece of tech he just learned about for the sake of putting it in. poo poo, MGS2 even had the ice bucket challenge over a decade before it became popular!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Montalvo posted:

The new Monster Hunter game is probably one of the games I'm most anticipating for the coming year.

Not sure if it was just the video capture but I got a (for better or worse) real Ray Harryhausen vibe from the movements of the monsters. That is to say, it seemed a little unnatural and jerky.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

That's working as intended for Monster Hunter.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lakbay posted:

They're gonna die and Ellie and Joel will survive

"Now we truly are the last of us. Two."

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I'm glad that Sony seem to be actually supporting the PSVR.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

exquisite tea posted:

This is the youtube description:
    At its core, The Last of Us Part II is still very much about Ellie and Joel, but for this reveal, we wanted to showcase several new characters that are integral to their next journey. We’re sure you have many questions after watching this scene

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Anyone know what the best website is for getting raw videogame trailers to download before it's gone through video compression on YouTube etc?

Wanna see that God of War trailer.

e: I think it's Gamersyde, but the trailer's not up yet.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 30, 2017

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Lots of cool stuff there but man did that SotC trailer kick my rear end. I wish they'd thrown in a release date.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Stare-Out posted:

Lots of cool stuff there but man did that SotC trailer kick my rear end. I wish they'd thrown in a release date.

Already the YouTube trailer description says it's coming out February 6th :aaaaa:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

Already the YouTube trailer description says it's coming out February 5th :aaaaa:

Oh poo poo so it does. Awesome.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

It isn't the true SotC experience unless the game runs at a solid 15 fps

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

spudsbuckley posted:

I'm glad that Sony seem to be actually supporting the PSVR.

probably cause they have a huge head start over Xbox and Nintendo might never get involved.

They still haven't announced whatever FromSoft has been developing for the platform yet either. it might be an inconsequential VR add-on like other major studios have done, or it could be more full-fledged support like RE7 was.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
VR Bloodborne.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Here's a new version of the intro sequence they unceremoniously released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-eiJHiLhOs

Son of a bitch that looks nice. Bluepoint are killing it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jimbot posted:

Really looking forward to the Horizon DLC. Going to be an excuse to start again on Very Hard.

I took a long weekend off of work specifically to do just that, figure I can probably get to wherever I need to be to start the DLC before it fully releases.

Also I'm getting the feeling that Miles Morales is going to have some sort of significant role in the Spider Man game, they've moved on from little teases to outright including him by name.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

That TLoU thing was boring, I loved the first game but it was just an uninspired trailer. I'm not gonna come up with theories about the people ND, because I don't give a poo poo.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Joel doesn't need rehabilitating. Peventing a traumatised child's grief and guilt being exploited by a self-serving violent militia was a good thing imo.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
That Sucker Punch samurai game could be rad as hell. An open world, grounded game of that type would own.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Crows Turn Off posted:

Playing thru MGS5 right now, nearly 20 hours in, but still less than 10% complete somehow.

I'll start with the good stuff. The game looks great and is very smooth, impressive for not having any Pro benefits. The controls are tight and responsive (minus one thing). Fulton'ing things is hilarious. D-Pup is super-cute (he's not D-Dog yet), but it's too bad I can't pet on command.

On the other hand, the gameplay seems very shallow and repetitive, so I'm getting kinda bored already. I've started mixing up my approach more, but it's still just "start mission, go to base, kill a couple guys, extract a couple things, then leave."

I hope something changes here and it gets interesting again.

Crows Turn Off posted:

I've played MGS1 thru 4 entirely, I think MGS3 is my favorite of the bunch. Every mission in MGS5 is just too similar. I'll keep playing and see if I can try to switch it up even more.

Nope, it never gets better. Sorry. Go back in time if you want a MGS game that's good.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

That Sucker Punch samurai game could be rad as hell. An open world, grounded game of that type would own.

The trailer gave very little indication of what the game is, beyond setting and tone.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Monster hunter game looks cool especially as you can play as Aloy

I know nothing of shadow of the colossus and the trailer looks cool as heck but doesn't tell me anything about the game???? 🤔

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Rinkles posted:

The trailer gave very little indication of what the game is, beyond setting and tone.

The press releases says it's an open world action game. It's probably going to be a Witcher 3 style game.

Looks like it's set during the Mongol invasion of Japan. The Marco Polo season 3 we never got?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

fridge corn posted:

I know nothing of shadow of the colossus and the trailer looks cool as heck but doesn't tell me anything about the game???? 🤔

You play as a warrior who enters a forbidden land to slay gods and rescue the life of their dead lover, losing more of their own humanity in the process. And then when you're done playing Hellblade, you'll know the plot of SotC.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

fridge corn posted:

Understandable, the trailer was meant for people who have already played it.

SOTC is about exploring a vast, empty wasteland and clambering up monsters way bigger than you. It is cool as heck and it has the same sort of forlorn, desolate atmosphere as the other games by that studio (most recently The Last Guardian).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Leyburn posted:

Joel doesn't need rehabilitating. Peventing a traumatised child's grief and guilt being exploited by a self-serving violent militia was a good thing imo.

oh awesome this conversation again

love to see the fascinating moral complexity boiled down to "no actually joel is 100% right"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Arist posted:

love to see the fascinating moral complexity boiled down to "no actually joel is 100% right"

Well, he is right. Just for the wrong reasons.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sucker Punch game looks fantastic.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Sucker Punch game looks fantastic.

It's gonna be the game I get a pro for.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
So can we change our PSN names yet lol

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sunning posted:

The press releases says it's an open world action game. It's probably going to be a Witcher 3 style game.

Looks like it's set during the Mongol invasion of Japan. The Marco Polo season 3 we never got?

That'd be a hell of a step up from Secund Son's cookie cutter activities and locations (which were fine for what the game was).

I guess one Sony studio already successfully made the transition to proper open world developer.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/925058760120320002

Nice for Bailey to finally find work.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Arist posted:

I feel like the only place TLOU 2 could go that I'm interested in would be a story about escaping and recovering from abuse. I really like the stories of TLOU and Uncharted 4, so I'm willing to trust Druckmann (and whatever impact Straley had before leaving) but for some reason I have a really bad feeling they're gonna try to rehabilitate Joel, when the entire point of the first game is that he's a terrible, broken, selfish person who sacrifices the world for his only human connection against that person's will. It's totally paranoia, I know, but if they did that I'd just hate it.

You don't need to spoiler wild speculation and your incorrect readings of the first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Arist posted:

Yeah but does Joel put his PS4 into rest mode or what