Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think at this point I fully expect Seattle to grab an RB with their first pick.

Also, 49er fans - is it better to buy tickets closer to GameDay? Thinking of going to 49ers / Giants while I'm here. Cheapest tickets I've seen were $33, I was wondering if they could go lower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Christian McCaffrey has looked much better than John Ross, in my "doggone" opinion. i havent seen either of their peckers. unrelated but in case there is a wiki about this opinion and you need more info.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Is it possible for a team to trade for the rights to Calvin Johnson without him coming out of retirement first?

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

seiferguy posted:

I think at this point I fully expect Seattle to grab an RB with their first pick.

Also, 49er fans - is it better to buy tickets closer to GameDay? Thinking of going to 49ers / Giants while I'm here. Cheapest tickets I've seen were $33, I was wondering if they could go lower.

The cheapest seats probably won't go much lower but every other seat will. I went last year and got insanely good seats (two rows behind Richard Sherman's mom) for about $50 each and purchased them the week of. Getting to the stadium is dogshit though.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

seiferguy posted:

You might get lucky. None of the games I've gone to have sold out so there's no harm in trying.

Also, get a parking pass if you aren't taking the train because the Uber/Lyft setup is awful. Check the weather. If there's any sun at all, dress like you're Lawrence of Arabia because that place turns into a brick oven.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bigass Moth posted:

Hahaha

Most wins by a Browns drafted QB since 1999 (W-L):
Tim Couch: 22-37
Charlie Frye: 6-13
Colt McCoy: 6-15

I knew it was bad but I never thought about it like that.

could probably get something similar with cowboys drafted QBs between Aikman and Prescott.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

could probably get something similar with cowboys drafted QBs between Aikman and Prescott.

Dallas only drafted 2 QB between Aikman and Prescott

Quincy Carter 16-15
Stephen McGee 1-0

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

aBagorn posted:

Dallas only drafted 2 QB between Aikman and Prescott

Quincy Carter 16-15
Stephen McGee 1-0

poo poo I was thinking that Drew Henson was drafted as well. He started one game and got pulled at halftime and an injured Vinny led the team to victory. Then he got sent to Europe and later cut by Parcells for Romo.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
cavauro mentioned John Ross and it bears mentioning exactly how much use we have gotten so far out of our #9 overall WR-

1 rushing attempt for 12 yards. he also was targeted once yesterday but didn't catch it.

good work guys

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

seiferguy posted:

Yes they will likely get much cheaper

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

rjmccall posted:

He hasn't looked good in what I've seen of him, but this gif doesn't show much. I guess you're complaining that he goes all happy-feet and then can't get past the defender, but he's in a tough position here to start with because there's defenders coming down on him from all forward angles. I'd say he does pretty well to get an extra couple yards from fighting through the tackle. If he tries to goes outside he probably gets shoved out about the same place.

No one's talking about the enitrety of Carolina's run blocking being hot garbage, either. Look at his blocker just let two guys through and go after some other dude that's not even in on the tackle, and the rest of the Oline loving off in the opposite direction while 3 dudes go after CMC, #28 and #75 just literally standing there and watching him get taken down and not even trying to block the third guy. Even if he broke the first tackle, he's got two guys with speed going at him. He mayybe might have gotten another half a yard before getting plastered by the completely unblocked defenders. Unless you get a literal brick shithouse that can carry 3 defenders for extra yards, there's no chance of an RB getting through there.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

a patagonian cavy posted:

cavauro mentioned John Ross and it bears mentioning exactly how much use we have gotten so far out of our #9 overall WR-

1 rushing attempt for 12 yards. he also was targeted once yesterday but didn't catch it.

good work guys

He was awesome in college so it's obviously all Cincy's fault :colbert:

I don't see what my alma mater has to do with this.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

whypick1 posted:

He was awesome in college so it's obviously all Cincy's fault :colbert:

I don't see what my alma mater has to do with this.

it's probably a decent split between cincinnati being staffed by dipshits and Ross's knees slowly disintegrating

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also, dear god the Lions receivers are trash. How many balls did Ebron alone drop? When even a wide open pass is a 50/50 catch/drop, ain't a single thing can save you.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Can I blame the NFL for the complete lack of animated gifs this year? I really miss them.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eagles going after Megatron despite the walking sieve at LT is really short sighted

Megatron cant catch poo poo if Vaiti is giving up free rushers every play

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well Marvin Jones Jr outscored Antonio Brown this week so there's that.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Eagles going after Megatron despite the walking sieve at LT is really short sighted

Megatron cant catch poo poo if Vaiti is giving up free rushers every play
I wonder if the Texans want to just get rid of Duane Brown...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Bigass Moth posted:

Hahaha

Browns bad.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

DariusLikewise posted:

Is it possible for a team to trade for the rights to Calvin Johnson without him coming out of retirement first?

I don't think so or Seattle would have done it. Lynch had to apply for reinstatement so he could unretire, which then put him on the Seahawks roster with his expected cap hit. This was easier back in April, because the Seahawks were operating in preseason roster mode and had time to get back under the salary cap.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bigass Moth posted:

Hahaha

What about Derek Anderson?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Drafted by the Ravens

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Even if you include Anderson (Ravens) he would be second on the list at 16-18. The only QB with a winning record, and that includes a bunch of trivia questions with one start and one loss, is Brian Hoyer (10-6).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hah, I forgot that he was drafted by the Ravens.

lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

a patagonian cavy posted:

good work guys

That's somehow worse than Mike Williams' 2 catches for like 9 yards

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

lol @ that one game that made Matt Flynn 10mil

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That Manning/Romo game was peak Romo. He kept giving Dallas the lead and the defense kept giving it up, including on a Manning rushing touchdown. Then Gavin Escobar rounds off his route,Tony throws the ball where it's supposed to be and it's intercepted to end Dallas's last possession. Sports media was on fire with "unclutch" narratives the whole next week.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Even if you include Anderson (Ravens) he would be second on the list at 16-18. The only QB with a winning record, and that includes a bunch of trivia questions with one start and one loss, is Brian Hoyer (10-6).

I mean, the Browns' stadium has been open almost 20 years and the winningest QB, Browns players included, in the history of it is Ben Roethlisberger so....

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They fixed Miller's artery and saved his leg

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chris James 2 posted:

Hooray!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That Manning/Romo game was peak Romo. He kept giving Dallas the lead and the defense kept giving it up, including on a Manning rushing touchdown. Then Gavin Escobar rounds off his route,Tony throws the ball where it's supposed to be and it's intercepted to end Dallas's last possession. Sports media was on fire with "unclutch" narratives the whole next week.

That game was so :smith:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I was living in the Dallas suburbs at the time and the hot takes were off the drat charts on Monday

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Assuming he hasn't lost a step since retiring, Calvin Johnson on the Eagles would be amazing

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

The Puppy Bowl posted:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Posting this was a mistake... because it's an above-average run for him.

His average is 2.4 yards per carry. :wtc:

I don't care what the blocking is, that's just pure rear end. Jonathan Stewart's corpse is getting 3.0. Trent Richardson was legally blind and never averaged less than 3.0 in a season.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Oh thank goodness.

I hope he takes it on a romantic vacation, just the two of them, to rekindle their relationship

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can't believe he bobbled his knee.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/925136593941393408

:eyepop:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So instead of a 100% poo poo line we might have an 80% poo poo line?...

...I'll take it :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

49ers will take Nuk, thanks.

• Locked thread