Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Management posted:

SA is banned in Russia? lmao wtf
a frontpage article got sa on state watchlist a few years back for information prohibited for distribution in russia (probably some gay meme or something idk)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

The Management posted:

welcome to #thereistance, the management

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

PCjr sidecar posted:

welcome to #thereistance, the management

dont anyone dare to post #theяesistance

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
this time putin has gone too far. today is the day we fight back.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
can you type to siri on the mac yet? would make her much more useful

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

The Management posted:

lowtax is in the piss tape.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

that’s a shame, I thought Management’s theory of “just a stern talking to” was a likely outcome but nope, Apple still pretty anal about marketing
I think flagrantly breaking Apple's confidentiality and no-filming rules is more fire-worthy than any accidental fuckup

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Linguica posted:

I think flagrantly breaking Apple's confidentiality and no-filming rules is more fire-worthy than any accidental fuckup

in pretty much any company with with industrial espionage/confidentiality rules this would at least be a serious disciplinary offence, right?

the guy was sitting opposite her at the table watching her film, i'm not sure how he thought this would go down. maybe his daughter's youtube career takes precedence over his own? or maybe he was tasked with testing itunes for windows with the x and just wanted an efficient way to end his suffering

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
break an NDA, it’s not surprising you get canned. people that are given development units agree to a whole host of rules about what they can’t do with the device, and demonstrating them to the public (such as a YouTube video) is very much outside the scope of what they can do. remember, this guy was showing off a prototype with unreleased software.

I thought Apple would go easier on him but I guess I was wrong. in retrospect breaking an nda is a pretty bad decision, it’s not like this was an accident.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
my_crimes.mp4

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

i, too, want the flexibility of paying best buy $100

lol they’re shamelessly price-gouging people who could potentially resell their phone, because now anyone who doesn’t want to enroll in the glory of Carrier Financing is a deviant who must pay for their thoughtcrimes.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

can you type to siri on the mac yet? would make her much more useful
yeah it's called spotlight with suggestions turned on

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Carter posted:

lol they’re shamelessly price-gouging people who could potentially resell their phone, because now anyone who doesn’t want to enroll in the glory of Carrier Financing is a deviant who must pay for their thoughtcrimes.

is carrier lock in or etc a thing in the US? can you not just buy an iphone from apple?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

echinopsis posted:

is carrier lock in or etc a thing in the US? can you not just buy an iphone from apple?

supplies are going to be limited so eventually the flippers will have nowhere else to buy from besides best buy

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

uncurable mlady posted:

my_crimes.hvec

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rex-Goliath posted:

supplies are going to be limited so eventually the flippers will have nowhere else to buy from besides best buy

oic

smart thinking

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

echinopsis posted:

Apple won’t sell iPhones at launch without activating them to a major wireless carrier. Nor will the major wireless carriers sell without activating them on their network. After it’s not supply constrained Apple will sell “unlocked” phones without activating them.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
what do you even say at this point

https://twitter.com/iOSReleases/status/925043912598806528

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

idgi. Apple is releasing an update to ios9? uh, good for them?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
it says homepod in it

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Linguica posted:

idgi. Apple is releasing an update to ios9? uh, good for them?

15C is more recent than the current release.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fordan posted:

Apple won’t sell iPhones at launch without activating them to a major wireless carrier. Nor will the major wireless carriers sell without activating them on their network. After it’s not supply constrained Apple will sell “unlocked” phones without activating them.

thanks capitalism

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

'muh security' dweebs on twitter have discovered the photo keyword search from iOS 10 and are freaking out cause it can identify pics of brassieres

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

THC posted:

'muh security' dweebs on twitter have discovered the photo keyword search from iOS 10 and are freaking out cause it can identify pics of brassieres

i don't even know what a brassiere is

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

is that like some ancient thing related to bras that was popular in british empire in 19th century?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i don't even know what a brassiere is

it's a kind of restaurant, one place near me had a brasserie menu for october that was really good and only like $50/person compared to their usual $100/person menu

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cocoa Crispies posted:

it's a kind of restaurant, one place near me had a brasserie menu for october that was really good and only like $50/person compared to their usual $100/person menu

i hope 50/person is very nice or mediocre but unlimited

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

in other news, iphone ecks 256 is 1560 united states dollars and 89 cents here in latvia

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

approximately double the monthly average neto salary in the richest region of the country, if i am not mistaken

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cinci zoo sniper posted:

approximately double the monthly average neto salary in the richest region of the country, if i am not mistaken

Apple generally charges the same base price everywhere. on top of that are taxes and other fees your country requires but that don’t go to Apple. sales tax in the US is between 0 and 10 percent depending on the state, so the price varies by that much. you probably have a steeper VAT than that.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Management posted:

Apple generally charges the same base price everywhere. on top of that are taxes and other fees your country requires but that don’t go to Apple. sales tax in the US is between 0 and 10 percent depending on the state, so the price varies by that much. you probably have a steeper VAT than that.

yeah i know, especially with our vat being 21% now, and at least 18% for forever. just saying how much it means to a normal latvian person with a more tangible reference point

the price itself is not a surprise in the slightest

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

The Management posted:

the same base price using their choice of exchange, and then rounded up to the nearest hundred or so

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
iphonx pricing is far steeper than it needs to be due to tim failing to even do the one thing he supposedly knows how to do: deal with supply chain issues

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

the gender-neutral iphone

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

countdown until it's discovered that faceid falls over completely in "edge" cases like being black or wearing religious clothing that obscures the face

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

carry on then posted:

countdown until it's discovered that faceid falls over completely in "edge" cases like being black or wearing religious clothing that obscures the face
you seem to be confusing apple with samsung or lucky goldstar, that said it's obviously not going to work if most of your face is covered

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Introducing iJab, the veil with with an integrated Bluetooth sensor that unlocks your phone when paired.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
edit: double post

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 31, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
so i went to the apple store for the first time in a while the other day and it's devolved into a total poo poo show

they seem to have ditched the genius bar, and all the tables are now used to teach geriatrics how to use iphoto

(👴: EXCUSE ME ARE YOU HERE FOR THE CLASS? THESE TABLES ARE FOR THE CLASS)

there's some... cubes?

and you can sit on those, no classes in the uncomfortable cube area

so you end up wandering around looking for a blueshirt who isn't trying to upsell soccer moms on a macbook bro to use for facebook to "check you in" because again, there's no literal genius bar.

then you sit on a cube, then someone comes to take your iphone in the back for an hour to gentle caress it replace the battery and the whole business gets repeated when you return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

you forgot the people showing up 10 minutes before the store closes and saying "i don't have an appointment, but"