Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

texaholic posted:

So the new social space is The Lighthouse from D1 and Vault of Glass is going to be added to the game?

*looks in his glass sphere* the Lighthouse from D1 but with broken pillars

hitchensgoespop posted:

New raid content sounds like either new stuff added into leviathan or an old raid added back in but who knows.

Sounds like challenges, or more rewards (new weapons). Probably some low effort stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

texaholic posted:

So the new social space is The Lighthouse from D1 and Vault of Glass is going to be added to the game?

Yes to the first, who knows to the second part (I highly doubt it tho)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

hitchensgoespop posted:

New raid content sounds like either new stuff added into leviathan or an old raid added back in but who knows.

Yep, the "content" word is key. It's either gonna be remixes of the current raid or some new guns that drop from a light boosted version of the existing raid.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Norns posted:

A lot of people in the PC thread seem to have severe brain damage

Yeah, you post there too. :lol:

You think this is your safe space?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Tei posted:

*looks in his glass sphere* the Lighthouse from D1 but with broken pillars

Sounds like challenges, or more rewards (new weapons). Probably some low effort stuff.

Aren't challenges getting added to Leviathan tomorrow?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Tei's suggestion of challenges sounds spot on. And gently caress if im ever doing one of them for a shader or an emblem.

Challenge modes on previous raids were dick punchingly difficult byt at least you got decent stuff as a result.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

hitchensgoespop posted:

Tei's suggestion of challenges sounds spot on. And gently caress if im ever doing one of them for a shader or an emblem.

Challenge modes on previous raids were dick punchingly difficult byt at least you got decent stuff as a result.

Wha? All you got in D1 was literally an emblem and a guaranteed drop.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

qbert posted:

Which is exactly how D2 raid challenges will work,

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I bet the reference in the trailer to "past and future" vex enemies means we're getting the VOG re-added as maybe a strike, and a new Vex raid, that would be acceptable to me.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, you post there too. :lol:

You think this is your safe space?

No but most people in this thread don't seem grumpy the game is getting DLC in December?

I know my posts are bad thanks

Norns fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 30, 2017

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There is old and new style vex models.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

qbert posted:

That was how they worked originally, but in Age of Triumph they got changed to drop exotic versions of the raid primaries and that was the only way to get elemental primaries in Y3.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want Osiris’ birb helmet

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have no idea where are he getting the video from, but Byf is showing PvP gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myZ_U13uNZk

Also (look at the end) so selfie emote. We are now playing Overwatch.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tei posted:

I have no idea where are he getting the video from, but Byf is showing PvP gameplay

imagine throwing a grenade in D2 and it killing a person outright.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Game needs more open faced helmets. I assume there’s probably some kind of technical limitation preventing this, but it’d be cool.

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Tei posted:

i have to watch his videos with the sound off...

(it's like fingernails on a chalkboard)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

JorgeHWB posted:

i have to watch his videos with the sound off...

(it's like fingernails on a chalkboard)

per audacia ad astra

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

OdinsBeard posted:

Game needs more open faced helmets. I assume there’s probably some kind of technical limitation preventing this, but it’d be cool.

Probably the same technical limitation that prevents them from giving us facial hair options: Laziness.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Norns posted:

No but most people in this thread don't seem grumpy the game is getting DLC in December?

I know my posts are bad thanks

Console gamers are just more acclimated to the reality of the AAA game economy and are resigned to it. PC gamers seem to still be under the impression that $60 should buy you a lifetime of support and updates.

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

hiddenriverninja posted:

per audacia ad astra

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Tei posted:

Telesto spotted

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Chilichimp posted:

I bet the reference in the trailer to "past and future" vex enemies means we're getting the VOG re-added as maybe a strike, and a new Vex raid, that would be acceptable to me.

A modified version of VOG that plays out like Paradox from TTK would probably be a really sick strike, especially if it had the option of either Vex or Taken bosses. They've already foreshadowed that Taken Vex Mind in the base game, and it is a natural continuation of the Io storyline.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

actionjackson posted:

Telesto spotted

Someone let me know if we go back in time and stop the Cabal from blowing up every machine gun in the universe and also Gjallarhorn, I guess

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
i just wish my daddy looked less like dwayne johnson from the mummy or something

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

RBA Starblade posted:

Someone let me know if we go back in time and stop the Cabal from blowing up every machine gun in the universe and also Gjallarhorn, I guess

maker of shoes is v upset about the loss of his perfect roll btrd (which would have been way unfair in PvP since all major events are no longer light level enabled)

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

DJ Telesto was a sick gun so I'm happy to look forward to at least one thing.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
It would be cool if they had a clan leaderboard for points, raid clears, or whatever. Fastest clears of the week?

Bungie could award unique cosmetic items to the top 20 per month like a flaming helmet or something. It would give people a reason to keep revisiting old content week after week if you’re competing against other clans.

It would help some of the clans get name recognition for one which would help if they really are intent on eSportsing this game (lol).

It would skew toward larger clans but they could do a number of different things to solve that problem.

Also increase the power cap by 100 every month or season and make modes where power level matters.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also get rid of the perk that gives out tokens that are literally impossible to use (gotten tokens for all 3 rally factions by now).

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Is the perk that refunds ammo when you're critically injured the worst one? There's a lot of bland perks, but that one is super situational. I tested it on a scout rifle and it refunded 3 bullets. What's the worst gun perk?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jolo posted:

Is the perk that refunds ammo when you're critically injured the worst one? There's a lot of bland perks, but that one is super situational. I tested it on a scout rifle and it refunded 3 bullets. What's the worst gun perk?

That was a good perk on shotguns back in D1, because it was super common to be using a shotgun and take critical damage. Not having to reload is pretty cool.

So it's not "worst perk ever" but it's definitely not great either. In D2 anyways.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

This has me extremely aroused, glad I watched the video a few times to try to see poo poo. Give me all the loving trace rifles you sons of bitches.

And gently caress yeah telesto sighting

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Jolo posted:

That could be situationally useful in PvP in a 1-on-1 situation where you're both weak and need those last few bullets to get the kill.

I haven't looked too closely at D2 perks, but in D1 the worst perk was called Guerilla Fighter, which would increase some stats when you were shooting "from behind cover". Problem is, it was basically a huge mystery how/when it would actually proc.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

qbert posted:

I haven't looked too closely at D2 perks, but in D1 the worst perk was called Guerilla Fighter, which would increase some stats when you were shooting "from behind cover". Problem is, it was basically a huge mystery how/when it would actually proc.

It was a pretty clever feature, it was just never explained in game how the mechanic works which means no one ever tried it.

Crouch behind a barrier and when you hit the ADS button your character will automatically stand up and peek over the barrier. The issue with this perk in crucible is that standing still equals death so even if there was a suitable barrier on a map (which I don't think there were any) no one would use it.

But there were some convenient barriers during strikes that you could use and it's kind of cool when it works.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
there were a few places guerilla fighter worked, but literally only one was ever useful - the twilight gap sniper perch overlooking the exterior heavy spawn.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

qbert posted:

That could be situationally useful in PvP in a 1-on-1 situation where you're both weak and need those last few bullets to get the kill.

That's true. Yeah, I can remember playing a while in D1 before realizing there was cover at all.

On the topic of good perks, I love the Backup Plan on the Wizened Rebuke. Swapping to that thing and getting a shorter charge shot out feels excellent every time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

there were a few places guerilla fighter worked, but literally only one was ever useful - the twilight gap sniper perch overlooking the exterior heavy spawn.

Oh, right. There was one on widows court near the kiosk over by alpha. Wasn't great but you could boop some heads as people jumped into B.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

cvnvcnv posted:

Once again, a thread full of bitches not eating the rear end.

Shameful.

Are you acclaimed rapper and ghost writer, SPEAK! ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGvmamW2xik&t=162s

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Are you acclaimed rapper and ghost writer, SPEAK! ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGvmamW2xik&t=162s

Actually, I should ask the whole Bone Krew this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Chilichimp posted:

it's sort of explained in the trailer someone linked higher on the last page. He was banished for having "dangerous ideas" or some poo poo.

He sent an all office email about how women are genetically inferior at being guardians when it comes to shooting aliens and was exiled to the prisonplanet