Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It totally is but I have no mercy for a-b-a-b rapping grandma epic rap battles poo poo for an upper class white audience that takes a bunch of slave owners and washes them into hip young black men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Punkin Spunkin posted:

You weren't wrong. Moana is dope but the Hamilton backlash is on point and late already. Sucky musical for sucky people

i remember people calling out hamilton's insanity a long time ago and the premise has always boggled my mind. immortal technique did nothing wrong

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It totally is but I have no mercy for a-b-a-b rapping grandma epic rap battles poo poo for an upper class white that takes a bunch of slave owners and washes them into hip young black men

Uh, okay.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yo my name is Ben franklin and I'm here to say
I owned slaves in a special way

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
ITT: a bunch of people getting harsh and judgmental in a thread about a podcast run by three sweet wholesome boys

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm confused by what's wrong with Hamilton and Moana?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Nothing wrong with moana that poo poo is great. Had to take a kid relative to a movie, no regrets
If You can't figure out what makes Hamilton gross and lame (and honestly just the kind of terrible rapping only a white person could stomach) then well it's better I don't derail further
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=wOKd5B17-EM
https://medium.com/@lowenaffchen/you-should-be-terrified-that-people-who-enjoy-hamilton-run-our-country-a67f4ad11f2b

I guess goons liked captain dan too so no surprise

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 30, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm confused by what's wrong with Hamilton and Moana?

i dunno about moana, that movie was cool, but hamilton gets really insane when you think about the fact that they have black men playing the founding fathers, who were slaveowners, and then they really don't try to deal with that fact

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hamilton is loving supremely awful

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

well this is all very glum. Instead of posting your Hamilton opinions, why not listen to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW43IJ3Ijls

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Overall it's okay, but very much wrought with a problem common in media dealing with the founding fathers: sanitizing and glorifying them for the sake of a jingoistic narrative. I think this just the first thing in a while that managed to catch the eye of people who are aware of the fact that this is a problem.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Ariong posted:

well this is all very glum. Instead of posting your Hamilton opinions, why not listen to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW43IJ3Ijls

Sometimes I'll just listen to this if I find myself in a situation where I'm eating Totino's

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

"The Family Dollar!?"

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The Totinos beginning isn't great, but the episode becomes better the closer Griffin gets to a pizza pocket induced poisoning.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Miranda does that rap style that people who are bad at rapping do when they pick one word or phrase and write an entire rap around it. Literally everyone else on the soundtrack is genuinely talented, though, which makes it funnier when you can go from hilariously neglected female and/or supporting cast putting him to shame to "YO I'M HAMILTON AND I'M HERE TO SAY I HATE JEFFERSON IN A MAJOR WAY (not for slave rape though that's presented as a cute little aside because why not), ALSO EVERY WOMAN WANTED TO gently caress HAMILTON IGNORE THE ACTUAL SKETCHY poo poo ABOUT HIS AFFAIR SHE WAS A SLUT"

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
the one good thing about Hamilton is that it got me into clipping.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

footage of Hamilton rehearsals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR8qtxts1jY

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

that's t'kuvma, you can't fool me

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I have not seen Hamilton and have no official opinion on it. I probably won't ever see it, either.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
So I finally watched Stranger Things and Winona Ryder looks like, identical to an older Simone De Rochefort and it's really loving me up.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Who What Now posted:

It was extremely uncool and bad and murdered Shrimp Heaven Now as a joke right in it's tiny little jokey crib. It wasn't even a good or catchy song.

He did the same thing with the good job horn so I'm not surprised.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Who What Now posted:

I have not seen Hamilton and have no official opinion on it. I probably won't ever see it, either.

it's not like it was ever accessible to the vast majority of people

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Serf posted:

it's not like it was ever accessible to the vast majority of people

I dunno, we bussed some inner city students to see it a few times for the low cost of

*checks notes*

the history department budget. Hrm, shoulda thought that out better.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i cant believe the best witch just sang for the first 3 minutes of the show

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ah piss yours is better

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Roobanguy posted:

i cant believe the best witch just sang for the first 3 minutes of the show

Yeah it loving sucked

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Lin is a dorky rear end theatre kid, it should surprise no one that he ran a joke into the ground. I like him though, there are a few decent tracks on Hamilton and Moana is very good and he seems like an earnestly good person. Okay there’s my opinion on the matter see ya

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Lin seems like a very nice guy who's funny and charming when not doing Hamilton.

His story about getting put in a dumpster by Immortal Technique is always gonna be hilarious though.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
hamiltons alright

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Moatman posted:

So I finally watched Stranger Things and Winona Ryder looks like, identical to an older Simone De Rochefort and it's really loving me up.

Simone can act.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
The only thing Simone de Rochefort ever stole was our hearts.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I got more exclusive footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG_rEqCivn4
My sister is a big Hamilton fan so I've had this musical seared into my skull, but I like Lin's other stuff just fine.

Really he should help Donald Glover get that Toussaint Louverture musical/movie made, that or I don't know make a Karl Marx musical

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The only thing worse than Hamilton is fake Outkast fans.

The only thing that could redeem Hamilton is a collaboration with Fake Outkast.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I just think as a relative of Alexander Hamilton on my mother’s side of the family, Lin owes me at least $5.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/topherflorence/status/924994733029691392

https://twitter.com/topherflorence/status/924998156466688000

I feel like Sonic Forces won't be quite conducive to a Monster Factory, but a Sonic Forces Monster Factory is a thing that must exist.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

caligulamprey posted:

I just think as a relative of Alexander Hamilton on my mother’s side of the family, Lin owes me at least $5.

Why not $10? It'd be more fitting.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Soup du Jour posted:

Why not $10? It'd be more fitting.

I'd assume the Hamilton family either uses nothing but 10s or never, ever uses them

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Moatman posted:

I'd assume the Hamilton family either uses nothing but 10s or never, ever uses them

ironically, they're the least favorite family of the IRS because of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I haven't finished today's episode yet but what I've listened to so far has not been good.

Oh well, i guess even the brothers can have a bad one every once in a while.