Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/925035145052262407

Aloy for Horizon: Zero Dawn in the PS4 version of MH:W, the character I could care less about but that robo-felyne looks "dope".

E: glad to see arm wrestling is still in

Ross Perowned fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
"Beta" (Read: Demo) for PS4 on Dec 9th as well, that's pretty dope. New monsters look great, they really pulled out all of the stops with these designs.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I don't recognize a lot of these monsters. Radical redesigns? Lots new? Just showing off new ones?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

I don't recognize a lot of these monsters. Radical redesigns? Lots new? Just showing off new ones?

its tough to recognize rathalos when he has triple digit polygons

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

its tough to recognize rathalos when he has triple digit polygons

That's like the one I recognized, biting on a dinosaur with Doomsday powers.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Most of the monsters will be new, only confirmed returning monsters at this point are Rathalos, Barroth, Rathian and Diablos. And the normal mess of small monsters like Apceros, Mosswine etc.

They've already shown off 11 new ones to some degree or another.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Cool, personally I'd rather have new ones.

Do have my pet favorites though. I'd love to see the Najarala snake around an constrict some other monsters with their new interactions.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
I thought the t-rex monster grabbing inflatobat was deviljho for a second.

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

The gunlance user, that you see for all of like 5 seconds in the trailer (facing off against the spiky uragaan looking dude) seems to be wearing seltas armor, so that might be an unannounced returning monster. Could also be something completely new, just with similar looking armor, of course.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
It does look like one of those was a bone based Uragaan though. Lots of new fanged wyverns too.

I am super jazzed. New trailer for world, Halloween event/patch for Dauntless and the next behemoth is gonna be a cute grumpy lizard.

Good times for the genre.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 30, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I hope Seltas returns. Its one of my favorite monsters and I love its set.

Also really pulling for Deviljho, Gore Magala and Brachydios.

Moriveth
Jul 24, 2004

I'm sorry, I have to take this call.
I'd love for Qurupeco to come back.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
also all Great *aggis so we can get the Great Wroggi set again

:negative:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I like great jaggi

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

That new zone looks delightfully gross. I love it.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I am likely not going to get a ps4 for this so give me the drat PC release date Capcom :argh:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
its sorta crazy that they haven't so much as acknowledged the PC release since the original announcement

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I want Seregios and Tigrex most of all. They'd both be really fun to fight with the new terrain mechanics and their hyper aggressive attitudes. Also I got a big old soft spot for Tigrex.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinity Gaia posted:

That new zone looks delightfully gross. I love it.

Same. That is far more grotesque than I was expecting, even with the name "Rotten Vale". It's fantastic.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

That demo is PS4 only, in case anyone else here is a boner. Let's go cry in a corner together until launch.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Ohh I forgot to mention that the Dauntless devs decided that having random lootboxes for cosmetics was not "player first" so you'll just be able to buy what you actually want now.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

7c Nickel posted:

Ohh I forgot to mention that the Dauntless devs decided that having random lootboxes for cosmetics was not "player first" so you'll just be able to buy what you actually want now.

Translation: The internet blew up a few days ago about loot boxes being bad, so we thought it would make us look better to remove them. Microtransactions are still okay, right guys???

Speaking of dauntless, one of the new monsters in the trailer, the red fleshy guy, looks a lot like a dauntless monster to me. This is even shakier ground than the "this pokemon looks like a digimon" argument that everyone hates, though... I still think it looks kinda bad. It'll grow on me.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i mean the game is f2p, of course there are going to be microtransactions.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Countblanc posted:

i mean the game is f2p, of course there are going to be microtransactions.

I thought it cost $40?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Funkmaster General posted:

I thought it cost $40?

The founders packs are just for early access/people who want to support more monster hunter games in general. Open beta should be in a few months.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
More stuff on that world trailer.

The skinless hippo headed dog thing looks to be using Zinorge animations.

The Bone Uragaan thing actually does appear to be an actual Uragaan variant.

Look at that lovable little face. :) If I remember right the Uragaan secretes a tar like substance that picks up rocks on its body, so they're doing the same thing with bone in the Rotten Vale, kind of like Nakarkos.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 31, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

7c Nickel posted:

More stuff on that world trailer.

The skinless hippo headed dog thing looks to be using Zinorge animations.

Look at that lovable little face. :) If I remember right the Uragaan secretes a tar like substance that picks up rocks on its body, so they're doing the same thing with bone in the Rotten Vale, kind of like Nakarkos.

Bottom left could be a Barioth variant?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

have past mh demos been online capable? the world one being for ps+ members only makes me assume it will be

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Fuzz posted:

Bottom left could be a Barioth variant?

Nah thats the skinless hippo dog that looks to have Zinogre animations.

Brother Entropy posted:

have past mh demos been online capable? the world one being for ps+ members only makes me assume it will be

The one for Generations had online with preset characters.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

7c Nickel posted:

It has its own name (Rabodaan) so it's a cousin like Plesioth->Lavasioth or Yian Kutku->Yian Garuga rather than an actual subspecies.

7c Nickel posted:

The founders packs are just for early access/people who want to support more monster hunter games in general. Open beta should be in a few months.

Oh, I didn't realize that was a founder pack. That model seems so weirdly outdated now, even though it technically isn't.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 31, 2017

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Just lmao if you paid money to beta test a free game.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

Yes, 3U, 4U and Gen demos all had online multi, but only for US versions, not the Japanese versions.

PS+ isn't required for the World "beta," only for playing it online, confirming that it will also have online multi.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

BMan posted:

Just lmao if you paid money to beta test a free game.

I paid money to support the genre expanding when the stuff I'd seen looked promising. You are really weird about this. Did you invest in 500$ starships or something?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

7c Nickel posted:

I paid money to support the genre expanding when the stuff I'd seen looked promising. You are really weird about this. Did you invest in 500$ starships or something?

The game was coming out anyway, you paid money to alpha test a game that actually turned out to be rather poor, but they are making improvements to it at least.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
It is dumb to pay to beta test a game, something that people generally get paid to do

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

personally i'd do everything i could do to encourage other people to pay for a beta test of a game i'm waiting to come out for free

they get to spend time and money contributing to a better experience for me

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Olive! posted:

something that people generally get paid to do

haha, good one,

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I can't wait for another lovely ChibiSoma post about how this game looks like poo poo and tears about XX.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
If you're insulting people for paying to do things they enjoy that don't hurt anyone, maybe you're the real monster. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

PerniciousKnid posted:

If you're insulting people for paying to do things they enjoy that don't hurt anyone, maybe you're the real monster. :colbert:

I'm not going to get excited until I see what his armor set looks like though.

• Locked thread