Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cat Face Joe posted:

I'm not trying to make light of this cause that fukin sucks but imagine thinking you have some big score with this sweet case and then blammo tiny metal mans that are basically worthless to you.

Sadly that exact reaction results in most stolen minis tossed in a dumpster and never recovered, since the person doesn't realize the true value of what they found. I had my car broken into when I had almost $1000 worth of warmachine models in it, but the person just opened my case, saw it wasn't something they thought of as valuable and just left it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alchahest
Dec 28, 2004
Universal Solvent

w00tmonger posted:

Local nerd here just had his truck broken into and both armies stolen.

If any of you guys see someone selling some nomads/Pano around Calgary, flip me a message in here

I'd recommend posting in the Edmonton Infinity Gaming facebook group, good people there. I'll keep an eye out too.

Also are you coming up for Colder than Carbonite this year? Have you previously? Maybe you've beaten me at some point.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

alchahest posted:

I'd recommend posting in the Edmonton Infinity Gaming facebook group, good people there. I'll keep an eye out too.

Also are you coming up for Colder than Carbonite this year? Have you previously? Maybe you've beaten me at some point.

Nope, I'm new as hell. Really just sticking to Sentry box and imaginary wars in Calgary for the moment

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Flip you forgot to post the Aristeia rules vid you dumb gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz4wdIMdsa8

alchahest
Dec 28, 2004
Universal Solvent

w00tmonger posted:

Nope, I'm new as hell. Really just sticking to Sentry box and imaginary wars in Calgary for the moment

well Welcome to Alberta Infinity! we've had Red Deer and Calgary people hit our tournaments up here and they've all been swell guys, so it sounds like you'll have a good group to play with. I would definitely recommend trying to get in on Colder than Carbonite this year, if you've got some locals heading up. It's always a great time!

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Fuckin oath, the avatar has ODD as well as an insane stat line and strategos 3?

Fiiiiinnneeeee, I'll buy it.

Having half your points and SWC removed up front has gotta make list building easier, yeah?

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Fuckin oath, the avatar has ODD as well as an insane stat line and strategos 3?

Fiiiiinnneeeee, I'll buy it.

Having half your points and SWC removed up front has gotta make list building easier, yeah?

You would think, but then you try to play with making an Avatar list via the listbuilder and you find now you have the opposite problem, of trying to fit in nine more orders and all the necessary support units in 150 points.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I dreamed a dream of Ikadrons with ava 4...

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Sphinx
Immetron
Immetron

Only 6 units left now, easy peasy.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

This month's tally of painted Tohaa;

So that's the Gorgos and all the Kamael out of the way. Really feel that painting larger numbers of line troops means I end up rushing them a bit. Better to do two or three at a time.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

LazyAngel posted:

This month's tally of painted Tohaa;

So that's the Gorgos and all the Kamael out of the way. Really feel that painting larger numbers of line troops means I end up rushing them a bit. Better to do two or three at a time.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm painting them faster and more efficiently in batches, but it does tend to lead to either fatigue or lessened quality.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

FAQ updated to 1.3.

spoopy Halloween mission pack.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

dang this gorgos pilot is huge,

do I get a gorgos? sold my Wildcats which were the last of my nomads, or I fund nexus months Neema & Nexus and half of Aristeia with the money

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Ehhh, the gorgos is a fair chunk of a much more useful triad.

Also the rasails seem a lot tougher for less points from the other side of the table.

Plus straight backlog efficiency, waiting that's (10/2) 5 models for the price of one!

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Get a gorgos, the heavy-armored tohaa are the only cool ones.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Under 15 posted:

Get a gorgos, the heavy-armored tohaa are the only cool ones.

The only cool tohaa is a dead tohaa. No mercy for artichokes!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
The only good Tohaa are the Sygmaa.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pierzak posted:

The only good Tohaa are the Sygmaa.

correct opinion

Sygmaa Kerails when???

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Think bigger: Sygmaa Rasails with 2 W, Transmutation and G: Synchro Batroids. :getin:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I want it alllll. I want it alllll.

Holoprojector Batroids armed with Red Furies.
Batroids with Mech Deployment & equipped with Sniffers & LFTs.
and a good MSV2 unit

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Flipswitch posted:

and a good MSV2 unit

I know it's not quite what you were asking about, but have you tried A Song of Pan and Oceans, by Gutier L. L. Rodriguez?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

lmao, i did not sell my homeboy faction to go crawling back under the gaze of bostria.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Lol gently caress the pantriarchy

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

*except Aconticimento

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
The Pneumarch thinks 'Nah, gently caress acon too. Mimetic climbing plus tags are BS, and how do you even pronounce it.'

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

His bowtie looks a lot better when not coloured differently. Got a reverse shot? I've been wondering how to paint mine as with my current scheme he would be very duo-tone.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

code:
Thank You for your order!

Aristeia! Core Collector's Limited Edition (8 plastic minis + 8 metal minis) BOX ~ NOV	$120.99
Subtotal	$120.99
:D

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Mimetic climbing plus tags are BS
Right. They can't even afford full camo, much less TO camo.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I'm sad that I moved not long after I bought my Sphinx. Never got to put it on the table. :smith:

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Flipswitch posted:

His bowtie looks a lot better when not coloured differently. Got a reverse shot? I've been wondering how to paint mine as with my current scheme he would be very duo-tone.

Pretty basic, but I want to paint up a 2-list force by late Jan in the same scheme so I need to keep it simple!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Good luck to you, if you're painting an entire army yellow. Lookin' good, though.

Had a rules question come up, and I want to make sure I'm reading everything right.

Player A has a TAG with a repeater. The TAG is hit with a successful Possession by Player B.

I argue that because the TAG is carrying a repeater, that makes it in the hacking ZoC for both Player A and B, and therefore whenever Player B makes the TAG act, Player A's hacker should get to ARO with Exorcism. BUT, because it's possessed, the TAG is a hostile unit, and Player B should get the firewall mod to resist Exorcism.

Did I gently caress up the read, and if so, where?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

grassy gnoll posted:

Good luck to you, if you're painting an entire army yellow. Lookin' good, though.

Had a rules question come up, and I want to make sure I'm reading everything right.

Player A has a TAG with a repeater. The TAG is hit with a successful Possession by Player B.

I argue that because the TAG is carrying a repeater, that makes it in the hacking ZoC for both Player A and B, and therefore whenever Player B makes the TAG act, Player A's hacker should get to ARO with Exorcism. BUT, because it's possessed, the TAG is a hostile unit, and Player B should get the firewall mod to resist Exorcism.

Did I gently caress up the read, and if so, where?

The Repeater is an automatic piece of equipment that goes with the TAG when it gets possessed, so while he possesses your TAG the repeater is considered his.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Ok, so I feel after 4-5 games with 5-girl riot grrl spitfire links I can safely say they are fuckin' rocking.

Jesus, burst 5 16s are obscene, especially on mimetic troops.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What a boring gap to fill. Fiddly fucker.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

What is that? A pupnik?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

SymbioBeast. The CC one, Surda(?).

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

What a boring gap to fill. Fiddly fucker.

Triple check the fit, it looks like a hosed-up joint to me, you might need to shave a connector a bit or something.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah I did mate. It's the inside chest bit. Fixed now but still needs some fill!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

I built an Avatar last week and I had to cut and file an entire S2 worth of metal off him to make everything fit and he still has gaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

I built an Avatar last week and I had to cut and file an entire S2 worth of metal off him to make everything fit and he still has gaps.

The new one or the old one?

• Locked thread