Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

He actually did it, the absolute madman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Powered Descent posted:

I am high on so many spaces right now. Hit the quote button to see into my world...

Far out, man.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

https://i.imgur.com/rLKWrIw.gifv

soylon
Jan 29, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What was the first internet-based meme?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Zzulu posted:

Dancing baby?
Eternal september?
code:
:)
?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Kirk/Spock

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Mr. T ate my balls?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Never leave us, o King of Ursomemery

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Someone make a meme about known alcoholic gay pedophile attempted rapist Kevin Spacey.

order up

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xYpx8yXLmg

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

The greatest trick the Spacey ever pulled was telling the world he was gay. And just like that, *poof* that poof's not a rapist.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Trolley of Leaves, Part One:

You are Davin Willson, an esteemed photojournalist. You decide to take an early retirement and live with your family in one of your childhood dreams--buying and refurbishing an unused trolley line. You buy a package of land, including some tracks and an old trolley car.

Your life seems perfect and idyllic as you and your family work on this line, but slowly, you start to notice some discrepancies.

--The first thing you notice, as you carefully measure the entire length of the trolley car, is that it is a quarter of an inch *longer* on the inside than the outside. This discrepancy continues even after repeated remeasurements. You cannot explain this mathematical impossibility.

--There's no trolley cabin 4. There are clear markings to enter 4 on trolley cabins 3 and 5, but the entire cabin of 4 appears to be missing.

--When you climb to the roof of the engine room, you notice three large gashes on the top. They look like a claw mark. This is impossible, you think. Anything that large would crash right through the cabin. Besides, no known animal has claws that large, right?

--Your middle child, who has a generally cheerful, happy-go-lucky demeanor and is a bit chubby but certainly not obese, cries a lot. He wants to lose weight, he says. He starts dieting. You console him that it's okay. You're worried that he's developing an eating disorder.

--Your trolley has a cabin 4 now. It looks just like the other cabins. You swear, you have never seen the cabin 4 before.

-- You were walking to town with your children. Your middle child sees a bridge and bursts into tears. He refuses to go on the bridge. He looks at you fearfully. The other two children looks at him with sad eyes. They are not surprised, empathetic, or even annoyed. They're just...resigned.

--Your youngest child comes back home one day for dinner. She was covered in mud and had some bruises. You and your wife asked where she was. "The trolley", she said. She finishes her dinner and doesn't say anything else, no matter how much you pry.

--Even after your anorexic child only eats a meal a day, and no meat or starches, he only grows fatter. Your children refuse to tell you what's going on.

--The locals say that the trolley is haunted. You don't believe them, but thought that would make an interesting investigative journalism project. You start gathering rumors.

-- It turns out that your children likes playing in cabin 4. You don't understand. It seems like a normal cabin to you.

--You enter cabin 4 again. You walk down it. And walk down it. And walk down it. The cabin doesn't seem to end. You get your brother to help. The two of you used a stopwatch and recorded that at a brisk pace, from the front of cabin 4 (the end of cabin 3) to the beginning of cabin 5, it takes five and a half minutes to traverse cabin 4. You exit. Cabin 4 looks perfectly normal from the outside.

--Jim, the local baker, says that back when the town had a thriving mining business, five rail workers were crushed by the trolley. He thinks their ghosts still haunt the trolley still.

--You decide to repair the gashes on the roof of the engine room. You climb up. The gashes are not there anymore.
(UNFINISHED)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

monkeytennis posted:

What happened to Korgan anyway?

I saw him post in some meme unrelated telling someone to shut the gently caress up

It was a jarring move for his brand, but the poster did need to shut the gently caress up. Imagine, angering korgan so bad that he breaks his monk like silence. shameful

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

china bot posted:

You are Davin Willson, an esteemed photojournalist. You decide to take an early retirement and live with your family in one of your childhood dreams--buying and refurbishing an unused trolley line. You buy a package of land, including some tracks and an old trolley car.

Your life seems perfect and idyllic as you and your family work on this line, but slowly, you start to notice some discrepancies.

--The first thing you notice, as you carefully measure the entire length of the trolley car, is that it is a quarter of an inch *longer* on the inside than the outside. This discrepancy continues even after repeated remeasurements. You cannot explain this mathematical impossibility.

--There's no trolley cabin 4. There are clear markings to enter 4 on trolley cabins 3 and 5, but the entire cabin of 4 appears to be missing.

--When you climb to the roof of the engine room, you notice three large gashes on the top. They look like a claw mark. This is impossible, you think. Anything that large would crash right through the cabin. Besides, no known animal has claws that large, right?

--Your middle child, who has a generally cheerful, happy-go-lucky demeanor and is a bit chubby but certainly not obese, cries a lot. He wants to lose weight, he says. He starts dieting. You console him that it's okay. You're worried that he's developing an eating disorder.

--Your trolley has a cabin 4 now. It looks just like the other cabins. You swear, you have never seen the cabin 4 before.

-- You were walking to town with your children. Your middle child sees a bridge and bursts into tears. He refuses to go on the bridge. He looks at you fearfully. The other two children looks at him with sad eyes. They are not surprised, empathetic, or even annoyed. They're just...resigned.

--Your youngest child comes back home one day for dinner. She was covered in mud and had some bruises. You and your wife asked where she was. "The trolley", she said. She finishes her dinner and doesn't say anything else, no matter how much you pry.

--Even after your anorexic child only eats a meal a day, and no meat or starches, he only grows fatter. Your children refuse to tell you what's going on.

--The locals say that the trolley is haunted. You don't believe them, but thought that would make an interesting investigative journalism project. You start gathering rumors.

-- It turns out that your children likes playing in cabin 4. You don't understand. It seems like a normal cabin to you.

--You enter cabin 4 again. You walk down it. And walk down it. And walk down it. The cabin doesn't seem to end. You get your brother to help. The two of you used a stopwatch and recorded that at a brisk pace, from the front of cabin 4 (the end of cabin 3) to the beginning of cabin 5, it takes five and a half minutes to traverse cabin 4. You exit. Cabin 4 looks perfectly normal from the outside.

--Jim, the local baker, says that back when the town had a thriving mining business, five rail workers were crushed by the trolley. He thinks their ghosts still haunt the trolley still.

--You decide to repair the gashes on the roof of the engine room. You climb up. The gashes are not there anymore.
(UNFINISHED)

I don't know what the gently caress this is, but I'm hella interested.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Here, this will take care of all of these in the future:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

KoRMaK posted:

I saw him post in some meme unrelated telling someone to shut the gently caress up

It was a jarring move for his brand, but the poster did need to shut the gently caress up. Imagine, angering korgan so bad that he breaks his monk like silence. shameful

In other threads I sometimes see Say Nothing say something.

Jarring is right.

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

china bot posted:

just read the loving book, jesus christ

soylon
Jan 29, 2015

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

I don't know what the gently caress this is, but I'm hella interested.

It's the book House of Leaves but in trolley form

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Should have been this guy.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Grassy Knowles posted:

Dancing baby?
Eternal september?
code:
:)
?

It was :-) you loving communist

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Dabir posted:

8======D

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Odd, usually its the hollywood guy doing the inserting

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Zzulu posted:

definitely something text-based since the internet predates the WWW by twenty years. maybe something in the jargon file?

the first web-based meme was probably the dancing baby or ate my balls or something like that.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I choose to believe that this person has every possible plug. Hair plug. Ear plug. Butt plug. Gauge plug. And an edison plug belt for good measure. But only one of each.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Sagebrush posted:

definitely something text-based since the internet predates the WWW by twenty years. maybe something in the jargon file?

the first web-based meme was probably the dancing baby or ate my balls or something like that.

It's going to depend on how much spread you expect before it counts. The first in joke created on a discussion board would count if you wanted it to

For far reaching one, I'd guess it's probably the smiley as a concept. People are STILL riffing on it with different styles of faces made from different language's characters

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
thread needs more skeletons, and also stress

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Comptroll The Forums posted:

keanu_reeves_whoa.wav

It's quantum, baby!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Dabir posted:

Lo:ins:

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

I just darpa'd in my net.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

china bot posted:

Trolley of Levers, Part One:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

theflyingorc posted:

It's going to depend on how much spread you expect before it counts. The first in joke created on a discussion board would count if you wanted it to

For far reaching one, I'd guess it's probably the smiley as a concept. People are STILL riffing on it with different styles of faces made from different language's characters

poo poo's probably as old as moveable type.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pff, he doesn't even warm the spheres.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

More of these bois.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Detective No. 27 posted:

More of these bois.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012