Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Going in to last night, I was up 10 with just my opponent's AB84 vs my Butker. Brown's TD probably would have done me in but lucky for me it was called back due to OPI and the following play I got to see what it looks like to get your week saved:

Thanks Diggs. The damage was limited and now I'll only need a field goal from Butker to take the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What i wouldn't give for a Hunt week 1 performance

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

Id give anything for a Hunt week 1 performance

:same:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I need Alex Smith to play better than last week, Butker to hit every field goal and the Chiefs defense to pitch a shutout. Also Tyreek Hill can't do anything. My week loving sucked.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My opponent had Zeke and Will Fuller. :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm five points ahead going into tonight, with my Alex Smith and Terrence Mitchell against his C.J. Anderson and Travis Kelce. :shrug: no loving idea how this turns out, or even what my odds are.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
For any Yahoo players looking to get on the Calvin Johnson train for a day before it quietly rides off into the sunset again

https://twitter.com/YahooFantasy/status/925037852710375424

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Check out my dynasty bench

Megatron
Josh Gordon
Justin Blackmon
Johnny Manziel
Patrick Willis
Chris Borland

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sorry somebody is starting Terrance Mitchell?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm quickly falling out of the playoff race in my keeper league, and the trade deadline is Nov 11th.

I was offered this trade:

I give: Antonio Brown (3rd round keeper value)

I receive: Odell Beckham Jr (16th round keeper value)

Brown is eligible to be kept next year, then he must go back into the pool. Beckham can be kept next year AND the following year.
This is a no-brainer, right?

0.5 ppr

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

I am. He gets the ball thrown his away a lot and passes defended get nice points in my idp

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

kiimo posted:

In my league's scoring:

He's third overall on the year among cornerbacks in our scoring, and tenth overall among defensive backs.

Almost five tackles per game, plus almost always getting at least one pass defensed per game? :getin:

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 30, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Is it worth holding onto Olsen in my IR slot if I have GRONK?

I'm asking cause I just picked up Woodhead and also need to pick up a TE to cover GRONKs bye.

I'm pretty thin at RB behind Zeke and Fournette and that's with Zekes status still in the air. Only have Marlon Mack, Smallwood, and Forte.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

In my league's scoring:

He's third overall on the year among cornerbacks in our scoring, and tenth overall among defensive backs.

Almost five tackles per game, plus almost always getting at least one pass defensed per game? :getin:

my man!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

OxySnake posted:

Good news Goons,

Despite me having the 12th waiver I was able to grab Evan Engram off the wire by adding a KC player because they play tonight.

Praise be to ESPNs weird player locking rules and my league having a 3 day waiver period for some God only knows reason.

I assume you meant "dropping a KC player." Heh, that's smart.

AnacondaHL posted:

I am the grim reaper of WRs this season.

Odell Beckham Jr. - RIP ankle
Jordy Nelson - effective RIP via Aaron Rodgers collarbone
T.Y. Hilton - effective RIP via Brissett sucking and schedule and now trade rumors
Golden Tate - AC joint sprain
Willie Snead - continuous RIP
Sammy Watkins - effective RIP via who knows
Chris Hogan - hasn't been the same since the rib injury, and now has shoulder in a sling
Stefon Diggs - groin injury but is hopefully back now
Pierre Garcon - neck injury via running into the Eagles defensive coach I can't even make this stuff up

who's next, i.e. the only playable WR I have left?

Will Fuller V. Sorry in advance :(

But wait, Fuller already got seriously injured. So the curse is fulfilled and Fuller can continue to score at will.

Today, We've got the extremely sarcastic Week 8's top surprises, a less sarcastic biggest disappointments for those of you who just like your depression straight-up, and five fascinating facts about week 8.

Oh, and don't forget to make a Halloween-themed team name! That's secretly the real fun of this hobby. Feel free to use our giant list of Halloween-themed team names.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RCarr posted:

I'm quickly falling out of the playoff race in my keeper league, and the trade deadline is Nov 11th.

I was offered this trade:

I give: Antonio Brown (3rd round keeper value)

I receive: Odell Beckham Jr (16th round keeper value)

Brown is eligible to be kept next year, then he must go back into the pool. Beckham can be kept next year AND the following year.
This is a no-brainer, right?

0.5 ppr

Mash it

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Drunk Nerds posted:

But wait, Fuller already got seriously injured. So the curse is fulfilled and Fuller can continue to score at will.

lmao as if that will stop my icy touch of death; see Beckham Jr., Odell and Hogan, Chris on the above list

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Duane Brown just got traded to the Seahawks, so for whoever is still stubbornly holding onto a Seahawk RB, congrats on your slightly less lovely O-line situation for them, heh.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

VietCampo posted:

Duane Brown just got traded to the Seahawks, so for whoever is still stubbornly holding onto a Seahawk RB, congrats on your slightly less lovely O-line situation for them, heh.

If Zeke doesn't get suspended I'm dropping McFadden for Rawls.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DariusLikewise posted:

For any Yahoo players looking to get on the Calvin Johnson train for a day before it quietly rides off into the sunset again

https://twitter.com/YahooFantasy/status/925037852710375424

Dammit I never made the swap, and sure enough Thielen remains dogshit.

Oh well.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That's Adam "inexplicably second in receiving yards" Thielen to you sir

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

VietCampo posted:

At least it's great news for Russell Wilson, who looks primed to be one of the best second half QBs yet again.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VietCampo posted:

It's good news for Russ, the RBs still suck

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Anyone else hoping really hard for Gore to be traded? All of my Mack shares are

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

That's Adam "inexplicably second in receiving yards" Thielen to you sir

Wait, no, Thielen is cool and good. I meant Theo Riddick.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/925154828577378304

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The only thing this does outside 2 qb leagues is move garcon from a rage drop to a tentative hold

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
New England: QB merchants

Who the hell is backing up Brady?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I need the KC Defense to score low this game and of course they lead the scoring off with a TD

At this point I feel like there is some fantasy god out to get me

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

New England: QB merchants

Who the hell is backing up Brady?

Absolutely nobody, I guess. They don't even have a QB on their practice squad. I guess the kicker or something? Ghostkowski hasn't recorded a pass, ever, in the NFL or college, as far as I can tell.
Maybe the punter, Ryan Allen? It doesn't look like he ever has, either (do the Pats never have fake punts that call for the punter to pass?)

So basically nobody whatsoever. The Pats pretty much have to be trading for someone, or grabbing someone off a practice squad somewhere.

e. Oh, Bryan Hoyer is a free agent! If the Pats grab him, then they'll have downgraded their backup from a Garopp to a Hoyer for a 2nd round pick, not too shabby

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 31, 2017

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Hmm, so I have to pick up my bye week cover for Rivers this week. My choices are now Brissett, Flacco, or Garoppolo(!).

No clue who to take

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Tyree posted:

Hmm, so I have to pick up my bye week cover for Rivers this week. My choices are now Brissett, Flacco, or Garoppolo(!).

No clue who to take

Me too, and I'm riding with Jimmy!

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Popero posted:

Me too, and I'm riding with Jimmy!

Is he starting this week? That seems like a bad idea or unlikely

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yea i would not start Jimmy G this week.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
For real though I will probably play Brissett. They're going to get destroyed by Watson and company, and Houston's defense just got shredded, so let's go for another shootout.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Kelce hurt. Hopefully just a tweak but with my luck he's done after getting my hopes up.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
My WR: Sanders, Tate, Marvin Jones, Maclin, Lee, Woods
My QB: Keenum (I know)

Worth trading Jones+Lee to get Tyrod Taylor? The only QBs on the wire are Brissett, Cutler, Flacco, Stanton, Trubisky, Kizer, and Jimmy G. And Bridgewater+Bradford I suppose but Minnesota is a mystery to me and also on bye.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/PeteBrush/status/925185402956369920

May the waiver wire be ever in your favor.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Elliott suspended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Well if you have Alfred Morris or Darren McFadden I have some good news for you...

• Locked thread