Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
This is a good race.

Martinsville usually delivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Martinsville and Bristol work well with the whole stage concept because it's short track heats really.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
More short tracks, please

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SwampYankee posted:

More short tracks, please

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:roflolmao::roflolmao::roflolmao::roflolmao::roflolmao::roflolmao::roflolmao:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
That was fun

e: still is

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I WAS IN THE STANDS THAT RULED

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I couldnt give a gently caress about Chase but gently caress Hamlin forever

E: I had this opinion before the race

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I want nothing but disappointment for Chase Elliott, so this is delightful schadenfreude.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Thinking about becoming a Kyle fan, every time I really love a race he ends up winning it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

I want nothing but disappointment for Chase Elliott, so this is delightful schadenfreude.

"why doesn't NASCAR do more to develop young talent" will be a question asked for eternity

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I still want to know why Brad took the top.

Also, Denny flat dumped Chase but :lol: if you don't think this system isn't at least partially to blame because this is exactly what it calls for.

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/924775489369268229
https://twitter.com/MattWeaverAW/status/924775415620755456

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 30, 2017

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

kidcoelacanth posted:

E: that race was A Full Sprague-gasm ®

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 30, 2017

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

i'm glad chase ate a wall and bam margera's dad got angry

shyduck fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 30, 2017

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

Also, Denny flat dumped Chase but :lol: if you don't think this system isn't at least partially to blame because this is exactly what it calls for.

Quintessential.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

I was trying to think of a race I've attended where I reacted in such a way as awesome you did on Twitter and the one (only one) which comes to mind was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXwxr0cLlyo

We bought some janky batteries which were eaten alive by my scanner, so I literally didn't know what happened on the backstretch and was relying on FM radio and its seven-second delay. I took a video camera to the track back in those days to get my own perspective of it because YouTube wasn't a thing then and I think everything from Turn 3 to the line was the camera shaking from me cracking up because at that time I didn't like Junyer and him getting stuffed in the fence was just the best drat thing.

Then the old-school scoring pylon updated to indicate the winner and you hear me lose my loving mind in the background in delight. I thought Leffler won (which I'd have been OK with), but then you get comedy winner Mike Wallace and it was just so perfect in the most stupid way possible.

e- Also, the drunken fans in front of us screaming "TAKE HIS NASCAR LICENSE!"

Boomer The Cannon posted:

E: that race was A Full Sprague-gasm ®

Is this a reference to my reaction to Scott Hartnell's hat trick in that poo poo-kickin' the CBJ gave the Pens last Christmas?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 30, 2017

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

"why doesn't NASCAR do more to develop young talent" will be a question asked for eternity

NASCAR can develop all the young talent it wants. Just not that one.

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 30, 2017

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is this a reference to my reaction to Scott Hartnell's hat trick in that poo poo-kickin' the CBJ gave the Pens last Christmas?
Lol, I just figured it would be an appropriate way of measuring Chase Elliott defeats.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

CactusWeasle posted:

I couldnt give a gently caress about Chase but gently caress Hamlin forever

E: I had this opinion before the race

+1

Shrub at Homestead!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/brentdewar/status/924968491207274496

:ironicat:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
In case you're curious about what captain checkmark is referencing

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup/News/Articles/2017/10/Opinion-Rules-of-the-Game.aspx

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

But Elliott's car was junked. How do you put him back out front?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

gret posted:

But Elliott's car was junked. How do you put him back out front?

Give him Hamlins car

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Have I been watching a different NASCAR, where poo poo like that happens literally all the time and it’s aggressively normal?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
taking the leader out is actually just hard racing, emotions get heated no big deal, if you aint first youre last

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

wicka posted:

Have I been watching a different NASCAR, where poo poo like that happens literally all the time and it’s aggressively normal?
"hero" driver wrecks "villain" driver = good hard racing, etc
"villain" driver wrecks "hero" driver = what we have today

It's kinda reminiscent to when Kyle wrecked Junior at Richmond 10 years ago. Everybody lost their minds.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

shyduck posted:

"hero" driver wrecks "villain" driver = good hard racing, etc
"villain" driver wrecks "hero" driver = what we have today

It's kinda reminiscent to when Kyle wrecked Junior at Richmond 10 years ago. Everybody lost their minds.

Remember that clearly. That was the day I became a KB fan. Jr. fans are the worst.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I don't understand why NASCAR doesn't have any kind of penalty system to penalize drivers who pull a Hamlin and intentionally punts the leader.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Because they'd have to figure out a way not to use it when a popular driver does it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Two things:

1. Drama driving eyeballs
2. Rubbing's racing

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

Two things:

1. Drama driving eyeballs
2. Rubbing's racing

Can't wait for the 24 to punt the 11 into the 78 next week

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

exploded mummy posted:

Can't wait for the 24 to punt the 11 into the 78 next week

Can't wait for someone to do something really stupid in retaliation at speed and cause injuries to drivers or spectators

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

WindyMan posted:

Can't wait for someone to do something really stupid in retaliation at speed and cause injuries to drivers or spectators

Rubbings racing

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN! RUBBINS RACIN!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
It's really great because people were having this same dumb argument when Dale Sr was still around.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

gret posted:

I don't understand why NASCAR doesn't have any kind of penalty system to penalize drivers who pull a Hamlin and intentionally punts the leader.

They had some system a couple years ago which they introduced penalties for even disparaging NASCAR or other drivers, but I'm guessing that either a) isn't used anymore or b) doesn't apply here because it turned into a water cooler race.

It was basically the same thing as 11.3.8 or whatever the rule was in IndyCar, which itself was a Brian France creation.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

As mentioned on the Discord, JGR is the heel stable (with MTJ being the likable one), and Hendrix are the faces.

This is the stupid drama that NASCAR loves.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Hendrick is only the Face because NASCAR won't loving TURN ROMAN REIGNS HEEL I mean Chase Elliott ahem...

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

WindyMan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FgeopsJKIM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

WindyMan posted:

Alan Gustafson says he's fine if Elliott dumps Hamlin back at Texas.

Just wait until Phoenix, really. I mean, Alan should be more familiar with that concept than anybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxAEnmOLXdQ&t=520s

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 31, 2017

• Locked thread