Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arnm616
Dec 4, 2004
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Sir Kodiak posted:

Some spook-em-up UV codes for Halloween weekend. It would be nice if this were one per customer, and please post if you take one so others don't bother.

You're Next: TYB39XCCYVQJ.

Life (2017): TAKEN.

I grabbed You're Next. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Iron Crowned posted:

Vinegar Syndrome just posted their November releases, not including the two secret blus. Kind of a lackluster month but:

Liquid Sky:

Pick Up

Seeds/Vapors:

So no Tammy and the T-Rex.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CPL593H posted:

So no Tammy and the T-Rex.

Could still be the 1 of the 2 secret blus

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Here's some more UV codes. I don't mind if someone takes the Jurassic Park codes as a set. Please post if you redeem something so others know not to bother.

Jaws: TAKEN

Jurassic Park: TAKEN

The Lost World: Jurassic Park: TAKEN

Jurassic Park III: TAKEN

Jurassic World: TAKEN

Sir Kodiak fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 28, 2017

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Grabbed JP1-3. Danke!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sir Kodiak posted:

Here's some more UV codes. I don't mind if someone takes the Jurassic Park codes as a set. Please post if you redeem something so others know not to bother.

Jaws: 33H9YR4R3HWP

Jurassic Park: 4NAMKLJNYLYK

The Lost World: Jurassic Park: FRYX4L3WHPJY

Jurassic Park III: FMRRFR9KTNXX

Jurassic World: 69NJWYKFE9LW

Grabbed Jurassic World. Thank you.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

I tried to grab Jaws, but it's already been claimed apparently. Oh well.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
When is the foreign blu ray of Terminator 2 3d coming out?

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Spacebump posted:

When is the foreign blu ray of Terminator 2 3d coming out?

December 4th, according to the copy I have on preorder from Amazon UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073XNQQFM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Speaking of, the US release has been delayed. No new release date. Hopefully in December?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

So I just saw From Beyond and the movie was dope. Obviously if I wanted to buy a copy to show people, my primary source would be Shout Factory. They seem to be on the same price scale as Criterion, but seeing as this would be my first purchase of the label, is the quality on par?

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Oct 29, 2017

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Kart Barfunkel posted:

So I just saw From Beyond and the movie was dope. Obviously if I wanted to buy a copy to show people, my primary source would be Shout Factory. They seem to be on the same price scale as Criterion, but seeing as this would be my first purchase of the label, is the quality on par?

Shout Factory does the best they can, but a thing to remember is that 80's film stock was never that great to begin with. Plus, some of these movies don't have the best prints lying around. Basically, things can only look as good as they can look. These won't be the discs you throw on to show off how great blu-ray discs are, but at the same time you won't be worrying about weird digital noise reduction and whatnot.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

codyclarke posted:

Shout Factory does the best they can, but a thing to remember is that 80's film stock was never that great to begin with. Plus, some of these movies don't have the best prints lying around. Basically, things can only look as good as they can look. These won't be the discs you throw on to show off how great blu-ray discs are, but at the same time you won't be worrying about weird digital noise reduction and whatnot.

They also do 2K/4K remasters when they're able to. Most of their releases depend on the masters the licensor gives them. In the case of Phantom of the Paradise, Fox had a 4K master from Reliance Mediaworks. For Ravenous, Fox gave them what seemed to be an early 2000s master meant for downscaling to SD that looked fairly hideous.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Blu-ray.com reviews these things and includes screen shots.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

codyclarke posted:

I can say that I do enjoy watching transfers with various defects in the prints. It just feels more authentic, although VS's transfer of Blood Beat used the highest quality video source they could find for the end credits, and it just makes me realize how horrible VHS was.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I can say that I do enjoy watching transfers with various defects in the prints. It just feels more authentic, although VS's transfer of Blood Beat used the highest quality video source they could find for the end credits, and it just makes me realize how horrible VHS was.

A great example of the stark differences in quality is to watch VS's The Undertaker release. They couldn't locate several scenes on the film reels they had and to use a VHS source instead. Slaps you right in the face when the switch happens.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Phenomena has a scene that they couldn't even find the English language part for, so they switch to the Italian dub. If you don't know about it, it feels like the characters suddenly got possessed for a bit.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Phenomena has a scene that they couldn't even find the English language part for, so they switch to the Italian dub. If you don't know about it, it feels like the characters suddenly got possessed for a bit.

I watched it streaming about a month ago and between that scene and the Iron Maiden music I thought Amazon had a partially incorrect audio track with the movie. Had to dig up info to make sure that wasn't the case.

Phenomena also owns.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm still really tempted to get that special edition of it, and pre-order Suspiria. But it's a fair chunk of change for them, and I'm not huge up on the Suspiria art (the Phenomena one is a bit better).

Phenomena has the best ending of any film.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Kart Barfunkel posted:

The Shout Factory blu ray for From Beyond is great, so no worries there. It's definitely the best looking version of the film that's out there, as far as I know.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I watched Shout Factory’s version of Halloween Resurrection and it was still a super lovely movie

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Daniel Bryan posted:

I watched Shout Factory’s version of Halloween Resurrection and it was still a super lovely movie

I will never, ever understand why Jamie Lee Curtis agreed to be in that piece of poo poo.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Timby posted:

I will never, ever understand why Jamie Lee Curtis agreed to be in that piece of poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBtn2NQ5k58

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Timby posted:

Kill off my character and money.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

bobkatt013 posted:

Kill off my character and money.

Even that didn't work, as she back in a new one next year.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
It was part of her contract when they made H20.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Is there a good recommended site for buying iTunes\Movie Anywhere codes? I'm going all digital cause I don't have the house space for blu-rays.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
uvspider.com does a pretty good job collecting titles together from the various code buying sites.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Irritated Goat posted:

Is there a good recommended site for buying iTunes\Movie Anywhere codes? I'm going all digital cause I don't have the house space for blu-rays.
UVDigitalnow releases new codes sometime on Friday. Usually sell out that day, but have a decent price right before or after release. Only bigger movies usually and can sell out quickly, but the price and ease makes it worth it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Thanks to Movies Anywhere, I'm finding my Google Play credits from Google Opinion Rewards to be a lot more useful. I can actually buy movies there without being all "guess I'm using my Chromecast or the terrible YouTube app to watch it on my Xbox." It just shows up in vudu too now. I like it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

Thanks to Movies Anywhere, I'm finding my Google Play credits from Google Opinion Rewards to be a lot more useful. I can actually buy movies there without being all "guess I'm using my Chromecast or the terrible YouTube app to watch it on my Xbox." It just shows up in vudu too now. I like it.

Having half my Vudu library that I would have never watched just show up in iTunes was loving magic.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Barnes and Noble Criterion sale:
http://criterioncast.com/news/the-n...campaign=buffer

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I just gat a decent promotion at work. Gonna spoil myself this month.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Is there some horrible rights thing going on with Incredible Hulk? Marvel just re-released all the Phase 1 and Phase 2 blu-rays with new covers, and also updated them all on iTunes...except for it. It's also the only one of the digital versions to have zero iTunes extras or anything. I know that in a lot of ways it's the red headed stepchild of the entire series, but it's really weird that they didn't drop a new cover like the rest here.

Also, why the gently caress hasn't Disney done any 4k poo poo on iTunes yet? I'm trying to go all digital here and they're loving it up for me.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vince MechMahon posted:

Is there some horrible rights thing going on with Incredible Hulk? Marvel just re-released all the Phase 1 and Phase 2 blu-rays with new covers, and also updated them all on iTunes...except for it. It's also the only one of the digital versions to have zero iTunes extras or anything. I know that in a lot of ways it's the red headed stepchild of the entire series, but it's really weird that they didn't drop a new cover like the rest here.

Also, why the gently caress hasn't Disney done any 4k poo poo on iTunes yet? I'm trying to go all digital here and they're loving it up for me.

Dunno what up with it either. When I was doing the disc to digital upc thing with VUDU, all the Marvel movies wouldn't work EXCEPT Hulk which got sent to Movies Anywhere.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

If I had to guess, Universal is the problem. They still co-hold the rights to that. Same goes with Paramount with Iron Man 1+2, Thor and Captain America, but Paramount seems more willing to work with Disney.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wouldn't doing something...ANYTHING...with it be better for everyone and make them more money than literally doing nothing? Like I bet collectors are going to double or triple dip on those new blu-rays just for the loving covers.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Wouldn't doing something...ANYTHING...with it be better for everyone and make them more money than literally doing nothing? Like I bet collectors are going to double or triple dip on those new blu-rays just for the loving covers.

Yeah, but Marvel has been incredibly vocal about how difficult Universal has been to work with. They were positive about the possibility of getting Spiderman back from Sony. And they still discuss the possibility of getting the Fantastic Four and hopefully The X-Men someday.

But Hulk? The word that keeps popping up the most often is "never".

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, but Marvel has been incredibly vocal about how difficult Universal has been to work with. They were positive about the possibility of getting Spiderman back from Sony. And they still discuss the possibility of getting the Fantastic Four and hopefully The X-Men someday.

But Hulk? The word that keeps popping up the most often is "never".

Knowing Universal they probably are "we give you back the Hulk rights if you let us keep the Marvel Land in Universal Studios in Florida". Which I know that is a sour point since Disney can't even use the Marvel characters outside of Dr Strange and Guardians at their park there due to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Vinegar Syndrome has posted cover art for the two secret blus

• Locked thread