Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Spurs drop 3 in a row. Should I chalk this up to a lost season already???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Even if Fultz flakes out Sixers have plenty of assets to acquire a fourth all star to go with Simmons embiid and McConnell

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Jota posted:

He's gonna be an all-star this year which is cool. He'll throw some sick passes to setup some sick dunks

Simmons, Embiid, and LeBron will all be on the court at the same time and it's gonna be glorious

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Andrew Wiggins killed a man tonight

https://streamable.com/k0dul

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I never thought I would say this in the Embiid era, but by the end of the year he might not be my favorite player on the team (from a basketball perspective. As a person and twitter account, gently caress out of here he is the best)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/FinishLine/status/925169720936030218

on the opposite end of the spectrum

https://twitter.com/DGomes_416/status/925187370735071232

Dexo fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 31, 2017

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/christrew/status/925195134354051072

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

municipal shrimp posted:

hah this is making me imagine what the Cavs would've been like in their last few games if LeBron hadn't been there

it'd be a real Cleveland team

ps Kawhi Leonard is the second best player in the NBA

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Orlando is goddamn unstoppable on offense with their Disney 3-point magic

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

triple sulk posted:

Simmons, Embiid, and LeBron will all be on the court at the same time and it's gonna be glorious

i mean, ofc they will when hes on the sixers next year???

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Ghost Dog posted:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Mospeights16/status/925198901010984961

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Y'all, I'm listening to some Miles Davis and Thelonious Monk while talking about basketball right now and it feels so right.

Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6364ItTQwUw

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ben Simmons is... great? what a game from him

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I hope Ben Simmons is good enough to unlock 6'10 as an option for pg next year

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

Andrew Wiggins killed a man tonight

https://streamable.com/k0dul

With the superior Benz/Petersen combo. Reddit has the Heat announcers for some reason.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
https://streamable.com/n5tj5

KP is going to be a beautiful Maverick

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

This man has a gait that was only previously captured on 16 mm film. He learned how to run backwards by studying Charlie Chaplin.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Josh MAGGETTE is a d league hero who I have seen play many times and he does NOT deserve this harassment

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/SBN_Ricky/status/925221620125519872

On the other hand 3.5 Million dollars.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

I was almost gonna post it earlier but it unironically seems like a Pretty loving Good Idea!!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Portland/Toronto was tied at 29 after the first quarter. The halftime score was 52-35.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Fill in the blank:

Ben Simmons is a top ___ player in the NBA.

So far?

Easily top 12

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Doltos posted:

https://streamable.com/n5tj5

KP is going to be a beautiful Maverick

This is the Knicks, we're going to sign and trade him for an aging Steph Curry whose play begins to fall off at an astonishing rate

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

In before dokmo says he's trash

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Fill in the blank:

Ben Simmons is a top ___ player in the NBA.

Top 3 2nd year

I love my small sample sizes, there are currently 13 players in the NBA posting a PER above 30 for 2017-18.

Giannis is number 5 with a 36.5, but Dakari Johnson posting 100.2 on 6 minutes played is incredible, because no player has ever put up a PER > 60 while playing more than 5 minutes in a season. He'll most likely ruin it by not getting cut in the next few days.

Ben Simmons' 22.1 is good enough for 56th right now

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

municipal shrimp posted:

the spurs have looked like absolute hot garbage the last three games. just loving awful. embarrassing to watch.

but let's wait until we see what this team looks like when it has an opportunity to use its whole roster before we write them off as failures.

last season they started 5-3 and ended up winning like 61 games. the season is young

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

the_american_dream posted:

In before dokmo says he's trash

Has dokmo ever explained why he has such strong negative opinions about a second rounder who's played six career games

He was right about Bobby Portis so I have no reason to question his basketball foresight, but it seems strange

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Oh I don't care much about Bell himself he may be trash.

But it's the principal of the matter. They could have taken someone from Northwestern for all I care at least take a chance at the dice roll

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

xbilkis posted:

Has dokmo ever explained why he has such strong negative opinions about a second rounder who's played six career games

He was right about Bobby Portis so I have no reason to question his basketball foresight, but it seems strange

He's wrong about Papa John :colbert:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Well see 3.5M that's slightly less than the gate revenue from two United Center home games. So it was either sell Jordan Bell or Make the Playoffs and they knew they didn't know how to run a basketball team at all so in a sense it's a very smart business decision from people who are smart

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Papercut posted:

Portland/Toronto was tied at 29 after the first quarter. The halftime score was 52-35.

This doesn't tell the full story. Portland was 1/17. The 1 shot they made came with 20 seconds left in the quarter.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

Oh I don't care much about Bell himself he may be trash.

But it's the principal of the matter. They could have taken someone from Northwestern for all I care at least take a chance at the dice roll

There's no way to read it as anything except utter incompetence and I'd be pretty annoyed as a fan because it means there really are thousands if not millions of people out there who could do a better job running the team. Somebody who could think to type "nba mock draft" into a search engine would do a better job running the Bulls than the people who run the Bulls. Somebody who had only just as it happened learned about the draft and went through the prospects picking out silly names would have had the Pelicans, Pistons, Pacers, Nuggets, Hawks or Spurs cursing their luck because you nabbed their dude. It's so bad.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The unbelievable part is selling a pick for 2 million a year after signing both Dwyane Wade and Rajon Rondo to insane overpays

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this is mesmerizing

https://twitter.com/TylerRickyTynes/status/925183818486697985

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Pls stay healthy, Jor El

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

I used to think all the Rubio love was a gimmick but now I understand the truth :3:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

MelancholyMark posted:

I used to think all the Rubio love was a gimmick but now I understand the truth :3:

He's the best

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

xbilkis posted:

Because people talk about him like other teams were stupid for not drafting a 6'7 center with no offensive skill and zero feel for the game. He was a good gamble for a 2nd round pick just for his athleticism, maybe, but nobody should be faulted for instead drafting a basketball player with actual demonstrable ability at the game of basketball.

I have no more foresight than anyone else, just giving you some insight into how decision-makers might have thought at the time, without the benefit of hindsight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Os Furoris
Aug 19, 2002

Scrappy.

Nina Simone is a much better start to the day than Rednex, I’ll give you that.

• Locked thread