Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Zeeman posted:

Bowser having a picture of Peach as the wallpaper of his phone is actually pretty hosed up

I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/BubsyThe_Bobcat/status/925120961703063552

I'm glad Bubsy is antifa.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God, new Bubsy comes tomorrow.

WHAT A YEAR!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what if bubsy ends up being even better than mario, I don't think I could handle that

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Bubsy go on Chapo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

homeless snail posted:

what if bubsy ends up being even better than mario, I don't think I could handle that

I won't even be as good as Sonic Forces

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Please do not buy Bubsy. Do not let memes make money.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's not healthy to compare yourself to video games.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Internet Kraken posted:

Not an emptyquote.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zeeman posted:

Bowser having a picture of Peach as the wallpaper of his phone is actually pretty hosed up

she's his 2d waifu ok

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's not healthy to compare yourself to video games.

He's a good mod though

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Internet Kraken posted:

Yes

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
This will make the best wallpaper

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Hell, same

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hello the games chat thread.

Very important question: who here likes the taste of molasses?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oxford University was created before the Aztec Empire was

holy poo poo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Also if you live in Detroit and swim south, you will be in Canada.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Bubsy 3D artgame was cool

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

exquisite tea posted:

Also if you live in Detroit and swim south, you will be in Canada.

I'm sorry, what? I legit need you to explain this to me.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I believe in Bubsy

Also, I wish the SotC remake included the various cut bosses rather than the excuse that was given for why they won't do that.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Darkoni posted:

I'm sorry, what? I legit need you to explain this to me.

there's a canadian peninsula south of detroit that stretches into the great lakes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Also to go from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific through the Panama Canal you actually have to sail from West to East!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
furthermore, at times, due to layover discounts, it sometimes gets cheaper to fly away from your destination, and then back towards it :psyduck:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FirstAidKite posted:

I believe in Bubsy

Also, I wish the SotC remake included the various cut bosses rather than the excuse that was given for why they won't do that.

rip terrifying worm

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

rip terrifying worm

rip Devil

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Make sure you trust Barry

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Make sure you trust Barry

you're talking like i ever wouldn't

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oxford University was created before the Aztec Empire was

:aaa: I LOVE learning cool things like this! I like to remember facts that blow my mind and then think about them for a bit.

Like the fact we are closer to the birth of Cleopatra than her birth was to the creation of the pyramids. That the water on earth is older than the earth. That in the distance between the earth and the moon we could fit all the other planets. That there are more trees on earth than stars in the milkway galaxy :D

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I already made the Claws von Stauffenberg pun!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

VideoGames posted:

:aaa: I LOVE learning cool things like this! I like to remember facts that blow my mind and then think about them for a bit.

Like the fact we are closer to the birth of Cleopatra than her birth was to the creation of the pyramids. That the water on earth is older than the earth. That in the distance between the earth and the moon we could fit all the other planets. That there are more trees on earth than stars in the milkway galaxy :D

if you're 24+ years old your birthday is closer to the moon landing than it is to today

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I'll just be surprised if it's good (unless any of the previous 3 Bubsy games had some redeeming qualities I'm forgetting).

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Larryb posted:

I'll just be surprised if it's good (unless any of the previous 3 Bubsy games had some redeeming qualities I'm forgetting).

I like the first bubsy game.

I also played it as a kid though and never got far into it.

I feel like bubsy was kind of the punching bag of mascot games, he was just memorable enough that he didn't disappear entirely like a lot of them but he wasn't outstanding either so people dunked on him a bunch, admittedly for solid reasons :V

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Most people remember Bubsy because they spent a shitload (for the time) on marketing, same reason people still remember dreck like Rise of the Robots. For a while you couldn't read a game magazine without seeing his stupid face everywhere.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I blame Ulilililila

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bubsy was in many ways the apotheosis of failed attitude era 90s mascots that came in the wake of Sonic, who is remembered only because they inexplicably kept making Bubsy games.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This is the only game that looked even remotely interesting to me from yesterday's trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWUh7RFdqdU

I have no idea how any of these systems are going to translate into how the game plays, but it sure looks neat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I played and finished the original Bubsy on Sega Genesis. But I never knew about the sequel, or the 3D game until years later.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think Bubsy is more hated because he is just a terrible character. Like, it is correct that his game isn't that much worse than your bog standard Sonic ripoff of the day but the marketing blitz behind him combined with how unlikeable he was, even to types of kids that loved Sonic really made a lasting impressions. In general it was also probably one of the first times that sticks out most to a certain gen of people where far more time and money was spent on trying to make money off the character than actually making a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

at least bubsy isn't as bad as aero

• Locked thread