Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

was bubsy the one that had his dingdong flopping around as he ran and if you were too fast he would step on it and trip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you're thinking of that one skyrim mod

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd rather play a Boogerman reboot

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Which extant game has the best body hair rendering?

If mustaches count, any time Eggman is on screen in a modern Sonic game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The hair detail in the opening of Super Mario Odyssey is impressive, they should have gone for realistic Italian body hair but maybe the Switch wasn't powerful enough to render it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Donkey Kong is in the game though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Donkey Kong is in the game though

Well people have said the timeline in this game seems wonky but this has me more confused than ever, I hope my copy of the game comes in today so I can see for myself

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

donkey kong is mario's dad

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

DLC Inc posted:

I'd rather play a Boogerman reboot

Then you should have pledged to the kickstarter

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Colonel posted:

bubsy's development history is hilarious because the creator studied the game design of sonic for days so that he could get it greenlit because he was bored of making narrative-focused games, and then he made a game that was worse than sonic on every level. then he left the company, and bubsy 2 was made by a team of people who hate bubsy and hung plush dolls of him around the office

bubsy is not a character that ever needed to return because literally his entire history is a mix of design mistakes, developers who hated working on it and a pilot cartoon episode that the creator hated enough that it never got aired

Dang, Bubsy has had it kinda rough.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I don't know what y'all are talking about Bubsy 3D was all right
http://bubsy3d.com

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wamdoodle posted:

Dang, Bubsy has had it kinda rough.

It's okay, every day after a long day of thankless work he can go home to the loving embrace of his husband Gex

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/DobesCrusher/status/873645477622816769

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ometeotl posted:

Then you should have pledged to the kickstarter

I pledged all the way to Top Snot tier with the Bad Mr Frosty guest character DLC and Boogermeister statuette

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

DLC Inc posted:

I pledged all the way to Top Snot tier with the Bad Mr Frosty guest character DLC and Boogermeister statuette

:stonk:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

DLC Inc posted:

Nice

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

In Training posted:

I loving love Aria of Sorrow. You planning on going through the rest of the 2D CVS? Because order of ecclesia might be the best 2D Action game ever

Ecclesia is a good game, great even, but it's got some flaws, namely extreme copy-paste level design, that I would say knock it out of the running for "best ever."
I think Aria is a better game overall, not sure about Dawn since I never actually finished that one.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wonder if that one rpgmaker title about bubsy as a post-op transwoman dealing with addiction and money issues and prostitution is still being worked on

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

do yourselves a favor and do not go looking for that on google

it's real bad

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

lol

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

raditts posted:

Ecclesia is a good game, great even, but it's got some flaws, namely extreme copy-paste level design, that I would say knock it out of the running for "best ever."
I think Aria is a better game overall, not sure about Dawn since I never actually finished that one.

Ecclesia is a lot more enjoyable in terms of challenge though. Aria of Sorrow was masterfully designed, but is definitely on the easier side.

Dawn of Sorrow is even worse in that regard, though it's been over a decade since I've played it so I could be misremembering.

AoS and SotN are pretty much the contenders for top Castlevania, and I'd err on the side of Symphony.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

do yourselves a favor and do not go looking for that on google

it's real bad

Really? Never would have guessed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the reviews are in...

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

dark souls

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Aw the one vid of the bubsy rpg showing off combat and interactions and stuff isn't available anymore cause they moved to a new engine and took down the old vid. Only thing now are early progress new engine vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn0sRsFZd68

What a shame. There are still screenshots of stuff the old vid showed off at least.

I don't know when the ironic unironic "gex x bubsy" shipping thing happened in LP but I know that that was at least a small contributing factor to this weird bubsy fangame thing.

Also lol the dev has a patreon and they're only getting 36 bucks a month to work on the game

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cursed image

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I always pictured more Heathcliff than Garfield, actually.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Everyone talks about Bubsy, Aero the Acro-bat, Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel, but nobody remembers Skunny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1lJLxSnO3Q

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Olive! posted:

Everyone talks about Bubsy, Aero the Acro-bat, Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel, but nobody remembers Skunny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1lJLxSnO3Q

gently caress you for forgetting bend over buddy

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The true legends:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Skunny looks like someone decided to bring the gameplay of Donkey Kong Country to the wide markets of PCs.

B.O.B. rulez ok?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I had this game and loved it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

this reminds me of how the pair of brothers who made plok for the SNES and a bunch of NES game ports in the early 90's tried to relaunch him as a webcomic character a few years back, with a patreon that hit about $30 a month i think. that was depressing.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't know when the ironic unironic "gex x bubsy" shipping thing happened in LP but I know that that was at least a small contributing factor to this weird bubsy fangame thing.

It started on Chipcheezum's Gextra Life stream, I think.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Someone should scoop up the rights to all these trash 90s platformer mascots and make, like, an all-stars fighting game for them

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Pigbuster posted:

The true legends:

I owned this and I feel that it needs to be seen in action. It's completely inscrutable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATW5uBC62vE

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 31, 2017

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

LawfulWaffle posted:

I owned this and I feel that it needs to be seen in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATW5uBC62vE

Those guys understood the true power of Mode 7.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
For an even better experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6iogZ60l3k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Someone should scoop up the rights to all these trash 90s platformer mascots and make, like, an all-stars fighting game for them

isnt this super smash broth*is shot*

• Locked thread