Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
im extremely horny for man on man action but got extremely bored watching free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

just read the doujins my man

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Free had too much focus on drama ect and not enough hot-blooded swimming so I didn't watch much of it, but I have enjoyed seeing the recent compilation movies. They trim the fat and keep just the most important bits of Eternal Summer and were actually really entertaining, especially the second one with RIn/Sosuke. I never liked Rin much since I only saw his being-a-dick parts in the first series not the redemptive-ish second half, so I was surprised by how good it was.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
When do the males kiss each other on the lips to save anime

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

A kindred spirit

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

DisDisDis posted:

this is 10000% fair because free never really pulls the trigger on anything, but some of the boys sure act like they're dating, but in the end the show's too much of a coward to really do anything. i really couldn't recommend it to anyone who wanted to watch a gay anime. for me tho i watched it a time where i was unsure if i was gay and the amount i was into it kinda told me that answer. one of the characters is almost 1:1 to me tho, so that's cool too.

free's probably not actually good, but i sure like it. the OVA where all the boys have a water gun fight was good.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Which swim boy is you? Just curious.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The first season of Swim Boys wasn't very good, it focused way too hard on Rin and his brooding wasn't interesting enough to carry the entire show. Second was pretty good though, it became about everyone's interlocking stories which is what a sports show should be like. Rin faded into the background and became cool, and it was just more fun in general.

I don't know if it's top tier sports but it's so pretty that it works anyway.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah there's actually good stuff in the later stuff once the characters start clicking and there's more than like five of them, and they actually do jokes mixed with interesting character goals. The first season is a lot of fluff and angst on top of being very gay coded but not actually doing anything.

Watching Haikyuu after and seeing a powerful sports show blew my drat mind

Fangz posted:

Which swim boy is you? Just curious.
Makoto! i am also a tall brunette who moms their friends and likes to swim backstroke because i almost drowned as a kid

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've seen Starting Days talked up a decent amount elsewhere, so I'll probably give that a shot someday.

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me
Finally caught up to Episode 4 of Kino. This series is real creative with every country they come across. In love with the OP and ED.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Nice try, cocktail show, but a smoothie is not a cocktail.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oyankopon has gone from having one joke per episode to having no jokes per episode.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Moltrey posted:

this is 10000% fair because free never really pulls the trigger on anything, but some of the boys sure act like they're dating, but in the end the show's too much of a coward to really do anything. i really couldn't recommend it to anyone who wanted to watch a gay anime. for me tho i watched it a time where i was unsure if i was gay and the amount i was into it kinda told me that answer. one of the characters is almost 1:1 to me tho, so that's cool too.

free's probably not actually good, but i sure like it. the OVA where all the boys have a water gun fight was good.

Yeah I mean tbf while it was very obviously calculated to drive fujos wild I felt like it was more intended to be a hot guy fanservice show than really a gay show but it doesn't work for me at all on that level either so it's whatever. OTOH I wouldn't need gay or hot guy pandering to carry the show for me if the comedy/drama did. Glad you liked it and are gay though.

Oh I guess I do think it's kind of lame to not go anywhere with the gay thing then have an ED where everyone's in a gay fetish night club quenching their thirst but then again that was my favorite thing about the show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/925561304063995906

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

These better not just be 5 minute shorts per week.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i dunno how else poptepipic would work tbh. also I'm expecting it to be cg, because it's kamikaze douga

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

Yeah I mean tbf while it was very obviously calculated to drive fujos wild I felt like it was more intended to be a hot guy fanservice show than really a gay show but it doesn't work for me at all on that level either so it's whatever. OTOH I wouldn't need gay or hot guy pandering to carry the show for me if the comedy/drama did. Glad you liked it and are gay though.

Oh I guess I do think it's kind of lame to not go anywhere with the gay thing then have an ED where everyone's in a gay fetish night club quenching their thirst but then again that was my favorite thing about the show.

are there any animes that are entirely set in a gay fetish night club? asking for a friend

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lain

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

VostokProgram posted:

are there any animes that are entirely set in a gay fetish night club? asking for a friend

hellsing

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Was Dive!! anything? Did anyone watch it?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

This better just be 5 minute shorts per week

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

kater posted:

Was Dive!! anything?

Deeply tedious.

In some ways it was gayer than free, but the characters were all so incredibly dull that I gave up after about episode four.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

santa thyme

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3839227

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The_White_Crane posted:

Deeply tedious.

In some ways it was gayer than free, but the characters were all so incredibly dull that I gave up after about episode four.

Yeah I stalled out around the same spot. I haven't completely given up hope that I might finish it but it would have been easier going if the animation was at least nice looking but the show overall being really cheap/ugly wasn't helping at all.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Jeez, it seemed like there were a whole lot of still frames in this week's Konohana.

But an evil doll got a haircut and it was still a decent episode.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

a kitten posted:

Jeez, it seemed like there were a whole lot of still frames in this week's Konohana.

But an evil doll got a haircut and it was still a decent episode.

it relies on still frames a lot but it still looks pretty decent from the backgrounds and use of color. i wonder if the limited animation is because lerche is not that big of a studio and is also doing kino's journey this season

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's not like the cloth weaving scene needs to be allocated much resources. large, scrolling stills, and reusing the assets there is fine by me, and the resolution is cute.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh the reused shot of the shuttle was fine and looked great, it was mainly the repeated shots of her working on the loom complete with sound effects but she's totally frozen that made me notice (and then keep noticing) some still frames throughout.

Show is still cute and good so that's ok.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

*rotten skeleton hand comes digging up from the bottom of the forum*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G81Aq-pRUBk

I hope this turns out good, its an adaption of my favorite seinen. Really grounded drama series that deals with ambition and dreams as its main theme but is centered around a girls odd unrequited crush on an aimless restaurant manager.

It ends up encompassing a lot of aspects of life all at the same time so I feel like just calling it a romance series cheapens it. Its worth checking out now in comic form.

Koi wa Ameagari.

*rotten skeleton hand sinks back into the earth*

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

When is the second half of YuYuYu starting. I'm not watching the first half because that's the movies, but I'm interested in the 2nd.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Sharkopath posted:

*rotten skeleton hand comes digging up from the bottom of the forum*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G81Aq-pRUBk

I hope this turns out good, its an adaption of my favorite seinen. Really grounded drama series that deals with ambition and dreams as its main theme but is centered around a girls odd unrequited crush on an aimless restaurant manager.

It ends up encompassing a lot of aspects of life all at the same time so I feel like just calling it a romance series cheapens it. Its worth checking out now in comic form.

Koi wa Ameagari.

*rotten skeleton hand sinks back into the earth*

Ooh yeah, I read a couple chapters of this when I saw it coming up on livechart, it's really good. Really pretty trailer too, I hope the anime is good

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's noitamina so enjoy there being zero awareness of it because of amazon

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The 'discourse' around it would probably be tedious anyway sooo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

scum's wish didn't get dumped on for its premise, though it was also a noitamina/amazon thing. anyway I'm more just bummed about this in the same vein that both amazon shows this season are excellent and i don't see them very talked about

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What shows did Amazon pick up this season again?

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
At last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vs6hrbwdr0

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

iospace posted:

What shows did Amazon pick up this season again?

Inuyashiki and Land of the Lustrous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

LotL has its own thread where most of the talking happens (aside from that weird gender discussion here, no that's not an invite to start it up again). The other I don't see mentioned at all.

• Locked thread