Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Yeah Loki is awesome, him being faster and his new move set really help him out. Not that he needed much help anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Nails posted:

I haven't been super impressed with Thor, but he's okay.

Thor is the best new Universal Hero ABX character, beating Odin, so his new uni is worth it if you care at all about that. It also lets him clear almost any SL stage he is viable for.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Cinara posted:

Thor is the best new Universal Hero ABX character, beating Odin, so his new uni is worth it if you care at all about that. It also lets him clear almost any SL stage he is viable for.

i noticed this too. i had my T2 Thor on my Odin team for universal hero and Thor did rack up way more points with way less effort.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Cinara posted:

Tom Gorman posted:

i noticed this too. i had my T2 Thor on my Odin team for universal hero and Thor did rack up way more points with way less effort.

Whoa, no kidding? Is it the tier 2 that makes the difference? I feel like tier 1 hasn't been anything to write home about, although the invincibility and iframes have been nice. I did notice that his tier 2 is basically "gently caress barriers, get zapped" and it looked pretty powerful. I'm definitely not writing him off at this point, just not prioritizing him for the ticket because I think I could tier 2 him manually easily enough.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The thing with costumed Thor in ABX is his third skill may be bugged. Apparently it stacks continuously the more you do it so he can get crazy scores in ABX when there's just a giant bag of HP to punch.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Hulk keeps dying to Puny Queen.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Welp, gonna give this a shot.

Nerdman42, sent an application to Waifu Squad

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Is it 90 tokens/day?

If yes, then I missed a day or two and am literally 5 off from the MRU lol and will have to buy the Halloweeny pack...

Edit: nm the discord told me its 45 so I really hosed up (look the new chat is working already!)

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 30, 2017

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I believe I hit it every day and I'm 30 away from the MRU. I realized I didn't do it at like 10:55 yesterday, that was a close one.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Whelp I bought the Halloween pack and now I'm VIP 10

At least I have rift bonus

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

thechalkoutline posted:

Whelp I bought the Halloween pack and now I'm VIP 10

At least I have rift bonus

add me to your flist, holyshooot

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

add me to your flist, holyshooot

Says we're already friends, I'm Grummun

I have like 5 slots though so if anyone else wants the 0/7 extra bonus rift just let me know your name and I'll add you

I don't want to clear the spots right away cause otherwise I'll just get spammed by randos

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

thechalkoutline posted:

Says we're already friends, I'm Grummun

I have like 5 slots though so if anyone else wants the 0/7 extra bonus rift just let me know your name and I'll add you

I don't want to clear the spots right away cause otherwise I'll just get spammed by randos

I'm "Thaddeus Dugan", and I approve of this message.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Is the new Loki Costume any better than Girl Loki?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It's a massive damage/speed increase, and if you mythical the costume you get an amazing premium card for free from the new mode. Makes WBU Supergiant a joke and just more fun to play in general due to the new moves.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I got his costume after I scored this obelisk on an upgrade a couple of days ago. I'm saving the T2 ticket I just got for him because of it.

kertap
Mar 13, 2010
I've loads of space on the friends list. Kertap ign.

jjef
Jul 25, 2008

kertap posted:

I've loads of space on the friends list. Kertap ign.

sent a request. ign is denki boy.

edit: I guess I should mention that I have a bunch of space on my friends list as well. feel free to add me using the ign above :)

jjef fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 31, 2017

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I feel like I let Davebo down. I should have finished the x-men epic questline today for Wolferine but after paying some gems to finish the 1000 crystals early I went too fast and ran the new magneto mission without him on the team. And the questline requires you to do it twice with him. Tomorrow it is.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Is Valkyrie worth the mega ticket? What even makes her good and/or what can she do?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

thechalkoutline posted:

Is Valkyrie worth the mega ticket? What even makes her good and/or what can she do?

her t2 passive stacks with coulsons as i understand it which lets you murder gently caress super villians

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

her t2 passive stacks with coulsons as i understand it which lets you murder gently caress super villians

So she's good for... ABX? or WBU I guess bleh

Think I'll just hoard the ticket

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

thechalkoutline posted:

So she's good for... ABX? or WBU I guess bleh

Think I'll just hoard the ticket

its...a pretty massive boost. and those are the only 2 modes that require min-maxing.

really for a mega ticket it's hard to argue against Valkyrie. she's a great character on her own and the team bonus is huge.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Is it a waste to use the mega rank ticket on Spider-Man 2099 when he's worse than normal Spider-Man? I don't really have any good speed heroes ATM

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Tolkien minority posted:

Is it a waste to use the mega rank ticket on Spider-Man 2099 when he's worse than normal Spider-Man? I don't really have any good speed heroes ATM

2099 isn't as good at PvP as Homecoming Teenager but is a really powerful character in his own right, like he can solo SL stages

EDIT: Wanted to put more emphasis, 2099 is straight up top tier speed, it is not a waste to MRUT him if you want a good speed hero

Tom Gorman posted:

its...a pretty massive boost. and those are the only 2 modes that require min-maxing.

really for a mega ticket it's hard to argue against Valkyrie. she's a great character on her own and the team bonus is huge.

Eh ok you convinced me, mostly only for WBU, I had 2 after the Halloweeny so wthey

ABX I always die after 100k, it's the only way to play

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 31, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Tolkien minority posted:

people use him for speed abx which i think hobo spiderman is not as good at

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Cool I don't care about pvp so I'll do that

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

I didn't keep track of the number of card chests I bought, 15 to 20 maybe, but I finally got a premium card!

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
That's a pretty good card. How many crystals was that total?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I rolled 11 chests and got nothing. That was 7425 crystals (I'd bought 7700)

It's 675 a chest so you can do the math

Grats on your card! Vary jealous

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

:woop:

That fire resist is going to annoy me forever but fukkit, not like I'm ever going to roll better on the primaries. Slotted.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

:woop:

That fire resist is going to annoy me forever but fukkit, not like I'm ever going to roll better on the primaries. Slotted.

Grats but I'm anal enough I'd wait for AA to roll before I slot it in (honestly I wouldn't mind rolling it in slot, given you'd only lose some energy attack, other two or whatever)

Honestly it wouldn't be that hard, you're looking to nail 1 roll out of all randoms. That's actually pretty easy, I can do a 1 random roll card in usually 3-7 tries, it'd be easy to work out the math

You need 2 random rolls for a regular card to become trifecta, THAT takes forever

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

So I'm like 4 days out from unlocking Apocalypse and I feel like he's never really talked about. How does he rank with the other big T2s?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

The Dave posted:

So I'm like 4 days out from unlocking Apocalypse and I feel like he's never really talked about. How does he rank with the other big T2s?

not worth the whale rush from what i heard but still solid. My lv59 costumed thanos aced him in TL FWIW

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Just got Quicksilver to 6* lvl 55 as my first natural T2 6*.

Is it worth bringing him to 60 or should I start on the next one?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Largepotato posted:

Just got Quicksilver to 6* lvl 55 as my first natural T2 6*.

Is it worth bringing him to 60 or should I start on the next one?

He's worth bringing to 60, apart from being able to do all the modes he's also currently king of TL and #1 speed meta

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm gonna get Quicksilver to 6* today (just need the gold for the BAM) but I'm thinking of leaving him at 55 so I can work on Dormammu. I'm still stuck on the "beat Quicksilver in 15 seconds" thing and I don't see Quicksilver himself helping me. But maybe I'm wrong. This week I've just taken a break with it and am doing the daily bonus WBR because I was getting really frustrated. I'll try again when I get Jean's Isos awakened or Urus up to 4* or Quicksilver to 60 or Thor with the new costume or I don't know. I just needed a break.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I think leaving him at 55 for a while is fine if PvP isn't your goal. If you're not clearing Shadowlands to 25 each week it'd probably be better to dump bios into a black order person or Dormy IMO. Note that 25 -> 30 in SL probably WILL require him to be 60 but that stuff is on about the same level as WBU and the rewards are (usually) pretty poop compared to the normal ones.

thechalkoutline posted:

Grats but I'm anal enough I'd wait for AA to roll before I slot it in (honestly I wouldn't mind rolling it in slot, given you'd only lose some energy attack, other two or whatever)

Honestly it wouldn't be that hard, you're looking to nail 1 roll out of all randoms. That's actually pretty easy, I can do a 1 random roll card in usually 3-7 tries, it'd be easy to work out the math

You need 2 random rolls for a regular card to become trifecta, THAT takes forever

Yeah but :effort:

Mainly I just got excited by the rank 7. That's actually the first time I've rolled one of those, ever. I think it'll be more efficient to just slot this one for now and work on my other cards -- like you said, the regular cards are more re-roll thirsty so the faster I get back to doing them the faster I should be able to find something good. Replaced this guy so I just lost 6% physical attack and energy defence in exchange for the ignore defence and attack speed which are both more useful overall.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 2, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'll probably do something like feed Quicksilver his dad's bios and give Dormy everyone else's. When he hits 60 he hits 60. But its not really my current priority.

But I'm starting to give a poo poo about Timeline and am currently in the top 100 in Platinum. So he might jump up in priorities. Who knows? I'm trying to just chill for awhile and do whatever because I spent like a month super focused on Quicksilver/Jean to try and get Cable and just feel burnt out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

If you care about Timeline then you absolutely need Quicksilver built up. He's the far and away #1 Timeline character at this point.