Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Having lookread the pitch that Alan Moore wrotesaid for Twilight of the Superheroes I understandget the perception that he would have put out a good storytale with it despite being grimdark but it was very badbad almost as stupiddumb as the term "grimdark" itself and he probably dodged a bullet by having the whole thing scuttled by content labels or whatever.

But that's just memy opinionthought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The bad stuff that happens in the one shots can be attributed to the Gentry, but it's not important to the plot of either the issue or the series. They're just good stories.

Definitely read Final Crisis. It's much more straightforward.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Edge & Christian posted:

Having lookread the pitch that Alan Moore wrotesaid for Twilight of the Superheroes I understandget the perception that he would have put out a good storytale with it despite being grimdark but it was very badbad almost as stupiddumb as the term "grimdark" itself and he probably dodged a bullet by having the whole thing scuttled by content labels or whatever.

Warlock's back, baby!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

catlord posted:

Finally got to read all of Multiversity ... I haven't read Final Crisis yet, did I miss some important information by doing that?
I think the most direct thing that FC has on Multiversity is the cross-universe Justice League that forms up (With Obama Superman and Captain Carrot), along with the SuperMonitor being reincarnated in the PostFC reality.

quote:

Second, while I enjoyed them, I'm not quite sure how The Just, Pax Americana, Mastermen, and Ultra Comics fit in, besides The Gentry showing up a bit (and not even that for Pax Americana, unless I missed something?)
I think that, in each case, you're seeing how heroic teams/terms/concepts get wrenched apart somehow. The Just is working in an environment where the new generation has little to do, with their parents basically solving all crime. With all their power and nothing to do, they become complacent analogues to celebrity culture. Pax is more about the destruction of hope, where the JFK stand-in martyrs himself as penance for killing his father (A Mystery Man), believing that he can be resurrected by the Not Captain Atom. But instead Atom is trapped in a loop, to be sent back by the particle accelerator to the time when the president is at his father's grave, planting the seed of the Algorithm. Instead of redemption, the death sparks the death of the heroic age. And Mastermen is the result of a Superman feeling super remorse, but is trapped within the society/system he helped install. So instead of being a courageous figurehead or bravely leading the world into a more tolerant era, he allows a mass terrorist attack to take place and as a result will slowly poison the bonds that the him to everything. In an weird way, it shows us that Red Son isn't the big betrayal of what Superman stands for. Instead it would be super apathy/inaction.

quote:

Ultra Comics feels like it's possibly the most important part, but I'm not quite sure what to make of it.
The Gentry Defeat, coupled with saving Nix Uotan, are the kind of traditional triumphant crossover ending. The Gentry has been tapping into other universes through the cursed comic or by creating a small foothold that gives them leverage -- I always saw it as a commentary on some of the grimdarking that took the fun and imagination out of modern comics, linked to that drive to make things 'more adult, more real, more deconstructed' to appeal to certain fans. So ULTRA traps them in the printed world so their own influence can be subjected to external criticism, hampering their ability to redirect the stories of these worlds. And that's interesting because Nix was supposed to be the SuperMonitor, the kind of natural antibody to all these crisis incursions, but He's still tied to the fictional structure of the DCU so He's still vulnerable. But That's pretty much undone by the Empty Hand, who is like 'yo heroes from a thousand worlds, I have got like DOZENS of these Gentry dicks just waiting to gently caress you up.' And what I found interesting about it is that The Source is second to Morrison' Monitor in DC cosmological importance, so the exact opposite is the embodiment of all the cruft and dead weight that is dragging the stories and industry down.

quote:

Earths 6 and 7 make up the "M***** Binary," but why isn't it trinary with Earth 8, since it's both explicitly what Earth 7 was based on, and also quite clearly a stand-in for the classic Marvel universe?
The best reason I can gather is because 6 and 7 are Reimagined universes (6 a Marvelized DC and 7 an Ultimatized E-8).

quote:

Edit: Does Grant Morrison have an official commentary on this? I feel that'd be fascinating to read.
I think that was supposed to be continued in the Multiversity series but god knows.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Edge & Christian posted:

Um, I get what you're going for here, owning all of us schmoes who use words-that-aren't-words like "grimdark", but here I'll use proper grammar for you: Twilight Of The Superheroes looks, by all intents and purposes, to be an awful idea, and it is ultimately good that DC didn't publish it. I, and others, believe that even noted good writer Alan Moore could not make such an idea into a decent comic. A story featuring the details of Captain Marvel/Billy Batson's sexual frustration is not an idea many people think is good, or even contains the potential for good.

But please, feel free to mock people for disliking such a pitch and/or using terminology that, while not accepted by Merrian-Webster, has been internet lingo for years now.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

I was directly responding to someone who believed that because Alan Moore wrote it, it would have been "really good" which is what I was responding to, not any consensus belief that it sounds really bad. I was responding to an individual, not you or anyone who might share your (our) opinion that it's a pretty terrible pitch.

Also yeah, sorry. Grimdark is dumb as hell. It reminds me of Warlock's goofy selffriend talk, or the cargo cult "in the up up in the beforetime where boomgun make noise noise" post apocalyptic nonsense and it doesn't add anything to anything. Lots of people have pet peeves. If people want to talk about relentlessly dark comics or "grim & gritty" comics or "grim" comics or "dark" comics it turns out there are lots of words with meaning that people can use. I also understand that people know what "grimdark" means but if people just started going "it's embarassing how many sextitties comics Top Cow used to put out" or "I think Jack Kirby had the best braindraws out there" or "Gwenpool is my favorite HaHaLaff comic" or whatever it would also sound loving stupid.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 29, 2017

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Yeah, the phrase that is a direct reference to Warhammer 40k's purple prose sounds dumb. If it sounded good it wouldn't have been a source of mockery in the first place.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i have greater faith in moore's ability to bring the story into flesh than you guys, obviously. if miracleman was described to me as a brief abstract it would've sounded juvenile, too; 'so, yeah, we'll have, like... reefs of baby-skulls and babies impaled on the same spike as their mother, vlad tepes style, in the middle of london. and the superhumans we make will no longer have our norms so they'll have a liberated sexuality, oh, and we have a big panel that shows a baby crowning in a photo-realistic style''. the billy batson thing as the general idea that he is failing at reconciling two aspects of his person works, the locked door mystery with martian manhunter being a shapeshifting hooker less so.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Edge & Christian posted:

Also yeah, sorry. Grimdark is dumb as hell. It reminds me of Warlock's goofy selffriend talk, or the cargo cult "in the up up in the beforetime where boomgun make noise noise" post apocalyptic nonsense and it doesn't add anything to anything. Lots of people have pet peeves. If people want to talk about relentlessly dark comics or "grim & gritty" comics or "grim" comics or "dark" comics it turns out there are lots of words with meaning that people can use.
This is really the hill you want to immolate on?

Look, go play some Shootmans with JohnHalo, or maybe some Sportsball Current Year, or some Punchmans Animu might be more your speed. Whatever gets you off of the transgressions of
Internet Nadsat.

Oh, and please don't read that Crossed +100 comic. The badspeak might sex your brainstuff real true.

Neurosis posted:

i have greater faith in moore's ability to bring the story into flesh than you guys, obviously.
No doubt he'd breathe something into that outline -- maybe that memorable but forgettable amidst the midget S&M revelation ending with Constantine averting the whole sordid thing would land harder.

I think the general cause of pause is that It's DC Ruins and it takes some of the characters way, way into a weird place that's hard to reconcile. The parts about society being carved up between superhero protectorates is cool, the part where Doll Man is some alien insectile wretch is kind of ... much?

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 29, 2017

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Neurosis posted:

i have greater faith in moore's ability to bring the story into flesh than you guys, obviously. if miracleman was described to me as a brief abstract it would've sounded juvenile, too; 'so, yeah, we'll have, like... reefs of baby-skulls and babies impaled on the same spike as their mother, vlad tepes style, in the middle of london. and the superhumans we make will no longer have our norms so they'll have a liberated sexuality, oh, and we have a big panel that shows a baby crowning in a photo-realistic style''. the billy batson thing as the general idea that he is failing at reconciling two aspects of his person works, the locked door mystery with martian manhunter being a shapeshifting hooker less so.
I think the issue with all this poo poo is that it's been said now. We know. There have been multiple complicated deconstructive trends examining the costumed crime-fighter genre.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Archyduke posted:

Warlock's back, baby!

This is how I found out that Warlock's voice now permanently sounds, in my head, like Jay Edidin's when he narrates for Warlock.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

catlord posted:

Edit: Does Grant Morrison have an official commentary on this? I feel that'd be fascinating to read.

Not Morrison, but here's a series trying to parse everything page by page .
http://comicsalliance.com/multiversity-dc-comics-grant-morrison-annotations-part-1/
e: Here's another. No idea which to follow.
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/annotations/multiversity-explores-the-multiversity-1-come-with-us-now-on-a-journey/
ee: Doesn't look like either made it to the end of the series.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Oct 29, 2017

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah, the phrase that is a direct reference to Warhammer 40k's purple prose sounds dumb. If it sounded good it wouldn't have been a source of mockery in the first place.
I'm going to confess to being confused by this whole phrase now because I had never connected it to Warhammer 40k and if you go to Wikipedia's "grimdark" page it suggests that the term was coined to describe fantasy novels like A Song of Ice and Fire? I've legitimately only ever seen it used by people condemning post-Watchmen 'dark superhero' comics / things they think are similar to that. So I guess I learned something today, that either someone retconned the origin of the term, or I've only ever seen people using it kind of shittily.

FilthyImp posted:

This is really the hill you want to immolate on?

Look, go play some Shootmans with JohnHalo, or maybe some Sportsball Current Year, or some Punchmans Animu might be more your speed. Whatever gets you off of the transgressions of
Internet Nadsat.

Oh, and please don't read that Crossed +100 comic. The badspeak might sex your brainstuff real true.
Crossed 100 was clearly mostly a thought experiment but it was actually thought out and I thought the degraded/evolved patois was the most interesting part of that.

I get that "lol people say slang on the internet english is a living language remember ten years ago when i would have called you a human being retard and everyone would just nod and say you got owned scrub now we have evolved past that grandpa" and if I am being honest all of the stuff you mentioned is basically self-conscious self-deprecating babytalk that yeah, I think is dumb and useless but if you want to make wacky jokes about how boy howdy I sure don't care about the sporting event you care about, woo sportsball knock yourself out. The fact that "grimdark" crops up as like a Serious Historical/Critical Term (a term that unless I am missing something between how people use it in comics discussion and the wikipedia description) isn't even really clear about what you're talking about outside of context clues makes it kind of terrible. But we also live in a world where people were trying really hard to make "corncobs" a type of centrist liberal politician or something, so maybe we are closer to Crossed +100 in a bunch of ways.

Also does anyone remember when people were trying to get "bloodshit" over as shorthand for 1990s Image comics? That was also dumb.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Holy poo poo grimdark (the word) is less than 10 years.

Edge & Christian posted:

I'm going to confess to being confused by this whole phrase now because I had never connected it to Warhammer 40k and if you go to Wikipedia's "grimdark" page it suggests that the term was coined to describe fantasy novels like A Song of Ice and Fire?
The wikipedia article literally says it came from the tagline for 40k ("In the grim darkness of the future there is only war").

Originally it was a bit of a pejorative; to say a work was grimdark was to say it was the kind of thing that would use the phrase "grim darkness" in earnest. As is frequently the case with such things it's now used a bit more broadly (including by people who like that kind of bleak and baleful story).

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Edge & Christian posted:

I'm going to confess to being confused by this whole phrase now because I had never connected it to Warhammer 40k and if you go to Wikipedia's "grimdark" page it suggests that the term was coined to describe fantasy novels like A Song of Ice and Fire? I've legitimately only ever seen it used by people condemning post-Watchmen 'dark superhero' comics / things they think are similar to that. So I guess I learned something today, that either someone retconned the origin of the term, or I've only ever seen people using it kind of shittily.
Crossed 100 was clearly mostly a thought experiment but it was actually thought out and I thought the degraded/evolved patois was the most interesting part of that.

I get that "lol people say slang on the internet english is a living language remember ten years ago when i would have called you a human being retard and everyone would just nod and say you got owned scrub now we have evolved past that grandpa" and if I am being honest all of the stuff you mentioned is basically self-conscious self-deprecating babytalk that yeah, I think is dumb and useless but if you want to make wacky jokes about how boy howdy I sure don't care about the sporting event you care about, woo sportsball knock yourself out. The fact that "grimdark" crops up as like a Serious Historical/Critical Term (a term that unless I am missing something between how people use it in comics discussion and the wikipedia description) isn't even really clear about what you're talking about outside of context clues makes it kind of terrible. But we also live in a world where people were trying really hard to make "corncobs" a type of centrist liberal politician or something, so maybe we are closer to Crossed +100 in a bunch of ways.

Also does anyone remember when people were trying to get "bloodshit" over as shorthand for 1990s Image comics? That was also dumb.

You are being a corncob. You also don't understand "corncob".

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

You are being a corncob. You also don't understand "corncob".
conquered by disliking a stupid term

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

FilthyImp posted:

Good words about Multiversity

Ah, ok, that makes sense, thanks!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Not Morrison, but here's a series trying to parse everything page by page .
http://comicsalliance.com/multiversity-dc-comics-grant-morrison-annotations-part-1/
e: Here's another. No idea which to follow.
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/annotations/multiversity-explores-the-multiversity-1-come-with-us-now-on-a-journey/
ee: Doesn't look like either made it to the end of the series.

Hm, that's disappointing, I'll check them out though.

Looking at other cosmic DC stories, I'm thinking I'll pick up Omega Men next time, and then after that Final Crisis? I'm also intrigued by Godhead and, despite not being a fan of their size, I'm interested in that upcoming New Gods omnibus. Do you think there's a chance that they'll split that up into trades later?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Neurosis posted:

To be fair though, if, say, Neonomicon was described to me as a brief abstract it would sound juvenile, and on paper, well, it's not only juvenile but tedious. I think Alan Moore's most facile points are about sexuality because he wants to imagine his way past repressive prudishness but he's also unable to get one foot out of the "sex is gross/scary" pit. Hence all the ways in which interesting later Moore stuff is irreparably damaged by his inability to not be glib about sexual violence. The thing about the Billy Batson in particular, like-- I have no doubt in my mind that he thought he was making one point, but that he'd wind up making two in total opposition to each other: Superheroes are beyond human sexual mores and show us the way beyond our cultural repressionand Superheroes are total pervs, luv. He can't have both-- but he keeps trying! And he's the most successful when this problem is muted or if the narrative makes space for this ambivalence-- like in Watchmen- but Twilight [...] sounds like it would have been a weird reductive mess more along the lines of later LoEG.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

catlord posted:

Do you think there's a chance that they'll split that up into trades later?

There were four mini-omnibus trades that were reprinted in, like 2011. You might get lucky finding those.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Archyduke posted:

To be fair though, if, say, Neonomicon was described to me as a brief abstract it would sound juvenile, and on paper, well, it's not only juvenile but tedious. I think Alan Moore's most facile points are about sexuality because he wants to imagine his way past repressive prudishness but he's also unable to get one foot out of the "sex is gross/scary" pit. Hence all the ways in which interesting later Moore stuff is irreparably damaged by his inability to not be glib about sexual violence. The thing about the Billy Batson in particular, like-- I have no doubt in my mind that he thought he was making one point, but that he'd wind up making two in total opposition to each other: Superheroes are beyond human sexual mores and show us the way beyond our cultural repressionand Superheroes are total pervs, luv. He can't have both-- but he keeps trying! And he's the most successful when this problem is muted or if the narrative makes space for this ambivalence-- like in Watchmen- but Twilight [...] sounds like it would have been a weird reductive mess more along the lines of later LoEG.

neonomicon was garbage, agreed. i'd like to think having DC editorial on board would have ended up with some of those weirder bits smoothed off.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It could easily go the other way and make it worse.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

It could easily go the other way and make it worse.

DC: "Alan, this is okay, but could you maybe work in some dismemberment? Just like, one arm ripped off, then we're good to go."

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
DC to publish Batman/Wonder Woman series drawn by Liam Sharp

OOOOOOH

No mention of any writer yet, and I don't think Sharp would write it himself. If it turns out to be Rucka I will literally poo poo myself in public but that's probably a long shot

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

"Expect Batman/Wonder Woman #1 in February 2017"
Not long to wait!

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I wonder if I could convince DC to give Wally West a book by pitching it as Batman/Wally West.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
How about just giving wonder woman a second book like supes and bats have

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

site posted:

I see you mentioned Batman. Sounds like you want another Batman book?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

site posted:

Action Comics!

Detective Comics!

Sen...sation... Comics...?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Edge & Christian posted:

I see you mentioned Batman. Sounds like you want another Batman book?

Batman
Detective comics
Nightwing
Batgirl
Batwoman
Harley Quinn
Super sons
Mother panic

Wonder woman

maybe another ww origin story 6 months from now blowingmybrainsout.gif

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Don't forget Batman crossovers, or Batman Elseworlds, or Metal, aka Forever Evil But All Batmans aka The Only Way to Stop a Bad Batman is With A Good Batman But What if There Were A Dozen Bad Batmans Oh Boy Wait Til You See Our Good Batmans

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Curious if Sensation Comics, Wonder Woman Earth One, Legend of Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman: The True Amazon, and Odyssey of the Amazons sold strongly enough to keep additional Wonder Woman titles going.

I'm more than prepared to sacrifice my wallet to Legend of Wonder Woman Season Two if DC would just let some mean tweets go and re-hire the original team back.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So Batman: White Knight #2... hoo boy.

So we ended the last issue with Joker saying he was going to go legal on the GCPD and Batman's rear end. This issue has him meeting Classic Harley because their are two Harley Quinn's now, who is his wife, well, ex-wife. She fell in love with the psychopath, but then realized he was in love with Batman, and had a shrine for him. Then she found him in the basement torturing Jason Todd for Batman's identity and when he wouldn't talk he tried to MURDER him! This made Harley leave.

Then he decides, rather than do it above the system, he's got to get an army together to fight the GCPD and Batman, so he invites all the villains to a bar and gives them a speech and they say no, but that's okay, Because he took Mad Hatters hat, used it on Clayface, then distilled Clayface into dust, seeded him in all the villains drinks and now he has a mind controlled army. This is supposed to be the books protagonist. He's supposed to be the good guy.

If you're interested in NOT MUH HARLEY and a laughably bad plot, then check it out, but otherwise avoid.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Good of The Devastator to make this an actual event comic for DC by having a panel where Batman loses an arm

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Onmi posted:

So we ended the last issue with Joker saying he was going to go legal on the GCPD and Batman's rear end. This issue has him meeting Classic Harley because their are two Harley Quinn's now, who is his wife, well, ex-wife. She fell in love with the psychopath, but then realized he was in love with Batman, and had a shrine for him. Then she found him in the basement torturing Jason Todd for Batman's identity and when he wouldn't talk he tried to MURDER him! This made Harley leave.

Then he decides, rather than do it above the system, he's got to get an army together to fight the GCPD and Batman, so he invites all the villains to a bar and gives them a speech and they say no, but that's okay, Because he took Mad Hatters hat, used it on Clayface, then distilled Clayface into dust, seeded him in all the villains drinks and now he has a mind controlled army. This is supposed to be the books protagonist. He's supposed to be the good guy.

If you're interested in NOT MUH HARLEY and a laughably bad plot, then check it out, but otherwise avoid.

So wait how is this different from a normal Batman comic.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

CharlestheHammer posted:

So wait how is this different from a normal Batman comic.

The Joker's supposed to be the protagonist and Sane. Also he claims he's never murdered anyone.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

Yeah I liked the first issue because the pitch of "a rogue actually reforms and calls Batman on his bullshit (and GCPD for aiding his vigilantism)" seemed like a good premise, but this issue went and flushed that down the toilet immediately.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I didn't really care for the story in Deadman, but oh boy, I'm going to keep getting this mini just for that art

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
When are people going to learn that "edgy" "bold" stories that "deconstruct" whether heroes or villains are really good or bad or not are never as good as you think they are?

Yes, even that one. Yes, also the one you're thinking of right now. Zero exceptions. And that one too. Yup, and also that one. Did I stutter?

Anyways, Green Lanterns has managed to remain a great book even after the recent creative team change, which is a welcome surprise. I don't think any other book has managed to resemble the spirit and heart of the 90s Kyle Rayner stories, but it's coming through really well in Simon and Jessica here.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

BrianWilly posted:

When are people going to learn that "edgy" "bold" stories that "deconstruct" whether heroes or villains are really good or bad or not are never as good as you think they are?

Yes, even that one. Yes, also the one you're thinking of right now. Zero exceptions. And that one too. Yup, and also that one. Did I stutter?

I'll have you know that Injustice is an artistic masterpiece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Roth posted:

I didn't really care for the story in Deadman, but oh boy, I'm going to keep getting this mini just for that art

Yeah I know. Story confused the hell outta me and it was just so meh