Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You could have just said "drop-shipping with stolen cards" and that's way quicker than 17 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Also with eBay buyer protection this is nbd for you the consumer in this situation.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Hire some sort of persistent chap to whisper it into your ears every two minutes, then.

good idea, you're hired

and before you say you arent persistent enough, i know for a fact you completed digimon world

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Oh boy, a Horizon Canopy and Mutavault I bought on eBay are fakes. I've never dealt qith counterfeits before. Guess I get to start that process for getting my money back when I get home from work.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Star Man posted:

Oh boy, a Horizon Canopy and Mutavault I bought on eBay are fakes. I've never dealt qith counterfeits before. Guess I get to start that process for getting my money back when I get home from work.

How can you tell? I've seen enough posts about fakes in this thread that I'm starting to get paranoid about any high-priced items that I pick up...

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

C-Euro posted:

How can you tell? I've seen enough posts about fakes in this thread that I'm starting to get paranoid about any high-priced items that I pick up...

The black border was a little light and I wasn't able to shine my phone's flashlight through it. The text, mana symbols, and set set symbol also look a little janky, so they probably won't pass if I look at them through a jeweler's loop. The cards also felt a little glossy.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
My guess is that the ebay images were either real or low quality enough to look real while looking at them in person breaks the illusion. Fidelity of print, cardstock quality, etc.

E: Also that^^

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Roborosewater knows you guys have been down, and has a pretty bad artifact creature for you:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Roborosewater knows you guys have been down, and has a pretty bad artifact creature for you:

It fits in cwil tribal, even a mediocre 3-drop works with its curve.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

That fake card made me look up how color identity is determined, and realize I can't have Ellusive Tormenter in my RWB Vamps Commander deck. I only wanted to include it because it's fun and flavorful. :smith:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

That fake card made me look up how color identity is determined, and realize I can't have Ellusive Tormenter in my RWB Vamps Commander deck. I only wanted to include it because it's fun and flavorful. :smith:

I dunno if this helps but if you want flavorful vampires and don't care much about power level, Sengir Nosferatu exists

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Well meddling mages and ancient ziggurats have both been bought out and spiked in the last 24 hours. I wasn't too worried about seeing that humans deck at regionals this weekend but maybe it's going to be more popular that I expected.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Well meddling mages and ancient ziggurats have both been bought out and spiked in the last 24 hours. I wasn't too worried about seeing that humans deck at regionals this weekend but maybe it's going to be more popular that I expected.

There was some early speccing going on that happened before the demand kicked in. Lots of chatter of these cards in the less public places.

I have 2 playets of meddling mages back when I bought them on accident a year ago. Fun times.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

There was some early speccing going on that happened before the demand kicked in. Lots of chatter of these cards in the less public places.

I have 2 playets of meddling mages back when I bought them on accident a year ago. Fun times.

I just really don't want to see the deck this weekend, having already decided to play taxes. Guess it could be a worse matchup, but worrying about it makes me consider playing abzan company again.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I just really don't want to see the deck this weekend, having already decided to play taxes. Guess it could be a worse matchup, but worrying about it makes me consider playing abzan company again.

Abzan company is probably worse against the deck.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Is there a version of Necropotence with something approaching the Oracle text, but the original art? I need one for Commander Draculas.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

Abzan company is probably worse against the deck.

You think? Humans seems good at dealing with the non-interactive combo decks and I figured abzan company could race it or stall out ok. I guess reflector mage is a bummer to play against whereas it's bad against a vial deck.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Is there a version of Necropotence with something approaching the Oracle text, but the original art? I need one for Commander Draculas.

the version from fifth edition has original art and current oracle text except for 'remove from game' instead of 'exile'

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Deckmasters or 5th edition. Even still, "exile" didn't exist back then and the end of turn terminology is different. So to answer, no, you won't get the original artwork with word-for-word current Oracle text.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

You think? Humans seems good at dealing with the non-interactive combo decks and I figured abzan company could race it or stall out ok. I guess reflector mage is a bummer to play against whereas it's bad against a vial deck.

Your spells are a major part of the deck (company/cord). The humans decks specializes in making those cards worse or a dead draw. Their creatures are also better than yours aggro wise.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

Sickening posted:

Your spells are a major part of the deck (company/cord). The humans decks specializes in making those cards worse or a dead draw. Their creatures are also better than yours aggro wise.

I could see the matchup going either way. Humans' disruption lines up OK but not great. Chord and company are important, but you still have thalia and freebooter against a 30 creature deck. Trying to nail the combo with meddling mage is also very difficult.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

uninverted posted:

I could see the matchup going either way. Humans' disruption lines up OK but not great. Chord and company are important, but you still have thalia and freebooter against a 30 creature deck. Trying to nail the combo with meddling mage is also very difficult.

On the other hand the company decks creatures aren't on par with the humans deck. It would naturally need to draw into the combo most of the time.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

In addition to what evilweasel said, there's also Eternal Masters

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Sickening posted:

Welp, guess I'm digging through my old Alara cards looking for Ziggurats.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

if you're playing with friends they'll probably allow you to play it, but if you play it at a store for some reason you will be banned and hung from the rafters as a warning to others

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Why in the gently caress is Insidious Mist blue in the first place?

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Star Man posted:

air/water stuff is blue

DONT BREAK THE COLOR PIE

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Baller Ina posted:

air/water stuff is blue

DONT BREAK THE COLOR PIE

I swear to god I want to hit Rosewater with a hammer. Several times.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Why wasn't it green?

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
It's blue because it's hexproof/unblockable.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

Star Man posted:

Just for fun/flavour I think - all the off-colour transforms mostly use mechanics that aren't too far off the front side's colour anyway

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
Hexproof and unblockability aren't black, though. The thing really should've just been blue on both sides.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

Hexproof and unblockability aren't black, though. The thing really should've just been blue on both sides.

We don't get mono-blue vampires. A few U/B ones and another few Grixis ones and that's about it.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it

Mikujin posted:

We don't get mono-blue vampires. A few U/B ones and another few Grixis ones and that's about it.

It could've been something other than a Vampire (maybe a monoblue Human Wizard or something, I don't know). Vampires becoming smoke is cool, yeah, but cool flavour shouldn't be an excuse to break pie. The activated ability could've also cost U instead of 1; that way, the front side could've been black without pie issues, since you'd need blue mana to get to the blue abilities.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

Well, my modern stompy deck just got it's fun one-of slot filled. Getting to 10 combined power/devotion by turn 3, and then Aspect of Hydra into this dude turn 4 shouldn't be a problem.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
At this point someone is going to have to physically stop me from making Tezzeret decks over and over.

Trying to ALSO make them Marionette Master decks hasn't worked out well in the past, but I'm a glutton for punishment, I suppose.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Angry Grimace posted:

At this point someone is going to have to physically stop me from making Tezzeret decks over and over.

Trying to ALSO make them Marionette Master decks hasn't worked out well in the past, but I'm a glutton for punishment, I suppose.

What are you trying out? I'm looking at the Grixis improvise deck right now and it seems a lot of fun to play.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Thisuck posted:

What are you trying out? I'm looking at the Grixis improvise deck right now and it seems a lot of fun to play.

The same poo poo I always do. Tezzeret, Herald of Anguish and Marionette Master with various support cards around them.

The problem is that there's no real reason not to play the I WIN card in the same color combo other than it's $50.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm going to break down and buy two copies of Scarab God, aren't I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

Discarding a card and paying 4 mana total to have a creature get around removal and then getting in unopposed is, perhaps, not odd in a color that already has methods of getting around removal and creatures with evasion.

It's not that different from Deathless Ancient, a creature with evasion that gets around removal in a different way.

Elusive Tormentor is already doing things black already does, just in a weird and more absolute way for the purpose of flavor.