Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007
Do event item 'currency' ever expire and get erased?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yes, they'll vanish along with the store.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yeah, event currency will disappear so it won't carry over when there's a rerun. But they tend to keep the event shop open for a couple of days after the event itself is done, so if you have any currency you can trade in for some last minute shopping and/or QP, might as well.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Even if I didn't get the last CE drop I at least made some mad bank so I can ignore door farming for a while.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Man that event got tight near the end.

Those stages with Tamamo near the end were brutal, either the dragon obliterated me or I took so long that I eventually just got worn down. Only ended up doing 3 of the 15 of those, got pretty much everything else done though.

Got all the Elizabeths, Candies, and a good chunk of the nice stuff since my drops were unbelievably good. Then ascended Saber Lily and EMIYA to their third ascension :dance:, Caesar to his second (He was super loving helpful with his buffs), A few others got their first ascensions as well.

Gotta say I'm glad I had a few Drakes for supports, they saved the loving day.

Then I decided to be bad and spend money to get some quartz to do a 10 pull on the Tamamo banner before she vanished for a while.

Didn't get Tamamo :(

But I got Jeanne so I finally have a 5* servant after 117 days. :D

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lol at all you people who obsessed over sperging for a CE that's not that great.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
the time i was planning on taking a picture got thwarted because as it turns out robin hood's poison actually does damage, but

amazingly, even with my lackluster options, I didn't end up needing command seals. at this point, the only one to fall was Medea, had Martha and Robin waiting in the wings. Hassan just got Rule Breakered over and over, Support Gil was able to pretty much obliterate Sieg, Kiyohime was nuked from this planet in a single turn via every buff I had going into a 300% Balmung cause gently caress that noise, Sieg actually survived the only Rule Breaker Medea managed to get just barely. Tamamo made poor decisions and I think lost like 100k HP before beating up...some combination of these two. I think it was George who survived? yew bow took care of the rest though

i was positive I was going to need to use seals or possibly retry this one but i'm not as bad at video games as i thought. and i got a 5th HP drop fairly painlessly too

i look forward to my massive hoard of SQ saved up for Okita/Scathach instead being wholly converted into mana prisms

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

ugh its Troika posted:

Lol at all you people who obsessed over sperging for a CE that's not that great.

Which one?

Also yes Kiyohime was honestly the worst of these loving missions outside of that goddamn dragon in Tamamo's stages. Her tendency to either spam Morph or continuously harass one person continuously (usually support drake) really got on my nerves.

Medea was the easiest though, I was always able to bomb her to oblivion with tons of NPs.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hey everybody

I got one of each of the CEs, didn't bother maxing anything out except Liz. Oh, and I stockpiled some apples. That was my halloween event.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

ugh its Troika posted:

Halloween Princess is pretty great. Not sure what you're on about.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Pureauthor posted:

Ooh, nice.

Da Vinci banner is up now. Wonder how many who want Waver will roll on this one. Meanwhile I can go clear out interludes...

I rolled on story gacha with my six tickets hoping for medea or saber alter

Now I have np2 waver

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
When are they gonna release a good and cute male saber

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
But sumani is already in the game!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

When are they gonna release a good and cute male saber
caesar's already in the game

also, rama gets added when america does. and camelot has three male sabers.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Which one?

Also yes Kiyohime was honestly the worst of these loving missions outside of that goddamn dragon in Tamamo's stages. Her tendency to either spam Morph or continuously harass one person continuously (usually support drake) really got on my nerves.

Medea was the easiest though, I was always able to bomb her to oblivion with tons of NPs.

I found Tamamo the hardest, assassin dragon is pretty scary against my team because of the three turn limit until NP (four of vampirism's drain procs) and the fact that it hits everyone so even a taunt can't stop it spamming damage onto my glass cannons means that Tamamo gets set up to oneshot my zerkers.

I think Kiyohime got to attack me a grand total of once outside of the refight mission because waver np + vlad np + kiyo np has a high stun chance, does a million damage, and throws out a ton of crit stars to finish off anything that survived. :v:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't need a million jing ke or kiyohime, game.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't need a million jing ke or kiyohime, game.
That's where you're wrong, bucko!

Remember, with the Chaldea FATE summoning system, servants that are summoned by you are there because they either like you or find you worthy. More-so if you summon then multiple times. Be grateful for your faithful servants. They chose you!

On the flip-side, servants that don't answer your call either don't like you or just think you're a lovely master.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
i assume that means the free 4* ticket we got on JPN was us kidnapping servants then

sorry gorgon, i love you though

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

TheFireMagi posted:

i assume that means the free 4* ticket we got on JPN was us kidnapping servants then

We don't talk about things like that.

"But I-"

Shut up, Saber Lily.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheFireMagi posted:

Hey, I also chose Gorgon!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Now that it's behind me, if I'm honest Halloween was my least favorite of the three events thus far. There was mindless grind to Nerofest and Moon Goddess, but you were at all times always making progress. The only insane grind was trying for Hearts in Moon Goddess, but that was extremely extraneous to the event at large.

Grinding for pumpkins and especially the HP CE were both terrible; the latter I was able to escape very early on thanks to Medusa dropping it like 4 days into the event but one only need to read basically any other testimonial in this thread about how that experience went. Some of this might have been by accident, in the sense that maybe DW did not intend for HP to be that good of a CE, but it should have been solvable by simply getting 5 copies from the store. Had I known at the start of the event what I know now, I would've said "Don't try to grind for Halloween Princess, play the event normally concentrating on emptying out the store. If you happen to get one to drop great, but otherwise you should just plan on getting a 5th copy next year."

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I didn't mind the grind against Vlad for the CE since the item drops usually kept me buying stuff from the store. It wasn't great, but I at least felt like I was getting something out of it. Though as soon as I got my 5th CE and emptied the store, my interest plummeted to zero.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Events are gonna get better at least

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I just hope that people who spent most of the week in 30AP hell were still able to empty out the pumpkin store items from guerilla quests. I would be livid if I had wasted all of the 2 weeks in 30AP only to never get Halloween Princess and not empty out the shop. To say nothing of the wasted apples used on the Lunatic Party that are going to be sorely missed in future events.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Future events will be better for "stuff" overall, yes. Just wait for the Christmas event if you want a lot of stuff overall.

In other news, F/GO continues to make headlines because it's a giant part of Sony's bottom line now:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sony-profit-tops-expectations-1509433263

quote:

A key smartphone component and a niche mobile game are guiding Sony Corp. toward the highest fiscal-year profit in its 71-year history, a milestone reflecting a comeback for the long-troubled conglomerate.

For the fiscal year ending in March, Sony now anticipates an operating profit of ¥630 billion ($5.56 billion) on ¥8.5 trillion in revenue, revising its previous forecast of ¥500 billion on ¥8.3 trillion. The figure, if reached, would blow past the prior record, set in fiscal 1997, and back up the market consensus that years of huge losses and drastic overhauls are well behind the Japanese tech giant.

The revision was “unexpected” and a “blowout,” said Atul Goyal, an analyst at Jefferies. It came as Sony delivered a better-than-expected second-quarter operating profit Tuesday of ¥204.2 billion that was boosted by image sensors used in smartphones and the mobile game “Fate/Grand Order.”

Honestly, though, headlines like this make me wonder just how much of all that gacha money Type-Moon, Delightworks and the legion of freelance artists who work on the game actually see. I know Type-Moon still owns the Fate IP lock, stock and barrel (because Takeuchi is surprisingly on the ball when it comes to business) but I've wondered for a long time now what the actual deal between TM and Aniplex looks like when it comes to game revenue share.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RanKizama posted:

Halloween Princess is pretty great. Not sure what you're on about.

It's not great enough to warrant sperging dozens of apples on.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Conversely nothing else is worth sperging apples on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its not worth using the word 'sperging' like that

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

I don't know the validity of it but Thinkgaming has the daily revenue for F/GO NA at around 66k daily. Not anywhere remotely close to the profits that the JP version makes but it still doesn't seem that bad all things considered.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
!choose Gorgon, Mecha Eliza, Brave Eliza, Tomoe

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I actually disagree that this event was bad. There was no real need to grind for pumpkin, as long as you just did Guerilla quest as they came. I know I did the 40 AP quest like twice, and still had enough pumpkins to clear everything from the shop that needed either pumpkins or cakes. Hell, I had even something like 10 Guerilla quest left when the event ended, because I already cleared shop and I couldn't be bothered to clear them because nothing of interest dropped there anymore, so even if I was super lucky with drops (and I dont think that was the case, there were plenty guerilla quest that ended with 0 pumpkins) I think there was more then enough buffer to get all pumpkins you need without grinding. The one thing that I HAD to grind were Sweet Candles, but with 20 AP Free Quest and 5 Halloween Princess (4 from shop and 1 from support) for +10 drop bonus, getting those extra 400 Candles I needed was completely painless.

The only really lovely part of the quest was grinding for Halloween Princess, but the things is, while its the first universally good event CE, its not that good - Its nice to have, not critical. Spending dozens of apples, or re-rolling Lunatic Party hundreds of times ( :psyduck: ) for a chance to get a copy of Halloween Princess was absolutely not worth it.

So yeh, the event was fun, with great rewards and relatively hassle free, if you didn't get stuck into (self-inflicted) Halloween Princess grind hell. 10/10, would visit scary castle Csetje again.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Did everyone just forget that Nightless Rose required two drops to LB or do people just not even consider it because Nightless Rose is that much worse than HP?

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

I totally forgot Nightless Rose even exists despite having grinded it out.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Did everyone just forget that Nightless Rose required two drops to LB or do people just not even consider it because Nightless Rose is that much worse than HP?

I got 5 nightless rose drops without trying to farm/using apples, and over the course of this week of grinding with apples I got no HP. I don't know if the drop rate was worse or my luck was spent..

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

I'm pretty sure that the only reason anyone cared about Nightless Rose was that super lewd Nero art on it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

LBing Nightless Rose is largely a useless gesture. I would rather have 5 copies to give as many party members Guts status that one that restores, what, 500 more HP?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Hate-Senpai posted:

Hey, I also chose Gorgon!

An excellent choice, friend. Medusa is best snek, and Gorgon is even bigger best snek.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

It's more that Nightless Rose's MLB effect is almost meaningless, whereas HP is worthless before MLB and excellent after.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

Future events will be better for "stuff" overall, yes. Just wait for the Christmas event if you want a lot of stuff overall.

In other news, F/GO continues to make headlines because it's a giant part of Sony's bottom line now:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sony-profit-tops-expectations-1509433263

Honestly, though, headlines like this make me wonder just how much of all that gacha money Type-Moon, Delightworks and the legion of freelance artists who work on the game actually see. I know Type-Moon still owns the Fate IP lock, stock and barrel (because Takeuchi is surprisingly on the ball when it comes to business) but I've wondered for a long time now what the actual deal between TM and Aniplex looks like when it comes to game revenue share.

If the Whale money is used to finance Sony Pictures I'm uninstalling the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dragonturtle posted:

I don't know the validity of it but Thinkgaming has the daily revenue for F/GO NA at around 66k daily. Not anywhere remotely close to the profits that the JP version makes but it still doesn't seem that bad all things considered.
I mean that's close to $2 Million a month, which is a good deal better than the $1 Million it supposedly was making in August/September. Though I imagine in this case that's primarily off of the back of Tamamo/Halloween.