Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wow some pretty forgettable former champs. Only people i remember from that list is Buzzy and maybe tim. Austin looks a lot less douchey with a shave and haircut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

banned from Starbucks posted:

Wow some pretty forgettable former champs. Only people i remember from that list is Buzzy and maybe tim. Austin looks a lot less douchey with a shave and haircut.

How could you forget the spiciest memelord???

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
oh man, not happy David and Austin are head to head in the quarterfinals.

also I missed Lilly

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

I remember every person on this list, but beyond Buzzy's incredible lucky streak, most of 32-33 definitely didn't have anyone with the star power of Alex Jacob or Matt Jackson.

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Just LOL if you forgot Lisa Schlitt.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Somewhere, a tiny donkey is sleeping better tonight knowing justice has been done.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm not sure I've ever gone from not caring about a contestant to hating a contestant faster than Morgan's donkey story

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Morgan you dumb.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

watership down lmao

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Soothing Vapors posted:

watership down lmao

I'm amazed that people miss these more than how they miss them.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

PT6A posted:

How could you forget the spiciest memelord???

I thought that was her when i saw her pic but i thought she was a college tournament player and i couldnt remember if they included those in ToT.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Morgan was hell of annoying with her stupid donkey names. She probably likes Rick and Morty s3 and posts on Reddit

irregardless she didn't play the game properly. She was down like 10000 and only wagered 1000 on the daily double when 8000 would have been a better wager. Females are too meek to be good contestants. Didn't matter anyway because she missed the easy clue about Captain Ahab's leg.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Females are too meek to be good contestants.

get a load of this guy posting about :females:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

please do not engage EcT's obvious bait, it makes him start thinking he's people

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Soothing Vapors posted:

please do not engage EcT's obvious bait, it makes him start thinking he's people

Thanks, citizen!

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Well the only recent memorable female champ was using chemotherapy drugs to boost performance, so he might have a point.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Syzygy Stardust posted:

Well the only recent memorable female champ was using chemotherapy drugs to boost performance, so he might have a point.

No.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/03/05/gender_differences_in_jeopardy_alex_trebek_says_women_wager_less_in_daily.html

do you think Alex Trebek is a misogynist because he said women should use their winnings to buy groceries?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I know he posted it, but that article is actually an interesting proclick

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Morgan was hell of annoying with her stupid donkey names. She probably likes Rick and Morty s3 and posts on Reddit

irregardless she didn't play the game properly. She was down like 10000 and only wagered 1000 on the daily double when 8000 would have been a better wager. Females are too meek to be good contestants. Didn't matter anyway because she missed the easy clue about Captain Ahab's leg.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

30 days for that lol

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

30 days for that lol

After a lengthy rap sheet of bigotry.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bleh, news alert stomped on Jeopardy in NYC last night

This derail tho :chloe:

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Ein cooler Typ posted:

do you think Alex Trebek is a misogynist because he said women should use their winnings to buy groceries?
Mis-summarizing decades of research into how risk tolerance is socialized by gender as "Suzy Homemaker's thinking about the water bill" is problematic, yeah

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Alex Trebek is definitely a chauvinist and always has been, but he's also 110 years old and I grade on a curve

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I thought it was interesting how they discovered that the first round has a lot more "masculine" categories and so the men don't necessarily bet that much more percentage-wise but they tend to have more to bet.

I also thought it was cool and good that dickwad got 30 days for that stupid comment.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I feel like that article missed out on looking at coryat scores by gender. If their whole goal is to see if different wagering strategy explains the lower win percentage for women, shouldn't they check if that lower win percentage exists in the coryat scores, where wagering is removed? j-archive even provides those scores for you.

edit: vvv oh, guess I'm blind.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 1, 2017

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

wa27 posted:

I feel like that article missed out on looking at coryat scores by gender. If their whole goal is to see if different wagering strategy explains the lower win percentage for women, shouldn't they check if that lower win percentage exists in the coryat scores, where wagering is removed? j-archive even provides those scores for you.

They did, and they actually found that women would win less if there was no wagering:

quote:

Imagine an alternate form of Jeopardy! with no betting involved—no Daily Doubles or Final Jeopardy questions. If women were actually handicapped by their lower wagers, they would be more likely to win at this form of the game. But when we tallied Jeopardy! earnings without the Daily Doubles or Final Jeopardy questions included, we found that women would only win at this form of the game 29.5 percent of the time. They actually fare slightly better in the betting version. Of course, there could be other variables that would come up in this revamped game, but our findings do suggest bets alone can’t explain the discrepancy in male and female wins.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I love how she blurted out an answer without buzzing in, Alex tipped her off, she buzzed in and answered, and was still wrong.

Although one wonders, if she had the right answer, would he still have reminded her to buzz in? That could be considered helping her. I feel like he wouldn't. So he was kind of just messing with her, ha ha.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
So tonight they had a suicide joke.
Um...Ha ha?
I was so suprised I had to rewind to see if I heard it correctly.

Stairs fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 2, 2017

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/Destaquito2/status/925863946791223296

:lol: how did that clue get approved? I could see this being somewhat of a controversy.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Hahaha LOL

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
That’s...it? I was expecting something about sucking off a shotgun the way you all were carrying on. I don’t see anything controversial. :suicide:

Syzygy Stardust fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Nov 2, 2017

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Syzygy Stardust posted:

That’s...it? I was expecting something about sucking off a shotgun the way you all were carrying on. I don’t see anything controversial. :suicide:

Agreed.

Also wanted to chime in that it'll be nice to not have Ein cooler Typ around for a while. He's just PCOS Bill Jr.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

just chiming in to say that while self-harm jokes aren't super cool either, not all self-harm is automatically suicide

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Very kind of Trebek to say "Clinton" was "not a bad guess." Well uh, he was a president, at the very least, I suppose...

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Sir Lemming posted:

Very kind of Trebek to say "Clinton" was "not a bad guess." Well uh, he was a president, at the very least, I suppose...

Well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Clinton_(vice_president)

But he was never President, and he wasn't in either house, so really it was not a good guess by any stretch.

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
drat, that entire category about chairs was awful.

Also they left like 10 clues on the board.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
How do you not recognize Marlon Brando? Am I just old now or something?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
:stare:

the Lego lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Colonial Air Force posted:

Well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Clinton_(vice_president)

But he was never President, and he wasn't in either house, so really it was not a good guess by any stretch.

Bill Clinton was never vice president, nor was he in either house of congress. It was a really poo poo guess.