Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Is there any good farming area for Phoenix Feathers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

RanKizama posted:

Is there any good farming area for Phoenix Feathers?

Spreadsheet says 30 AP Saber daily or Bountiful Sea in Okeanos.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
30AP Saber dailies. However we are going to get 20 of 'em in GUDAGUDA if that drops this month. I would only do the Saber runs if you need, like, 2.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
There's no way Gudaguda doesn't drop in November. The only question is whether it's mid-November or late.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
Well the Guda Order manga and the hold over banner and interlude 1/2ap all end around 11/08. So you can assume it'll be within a week or so of that all ending.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
demon hearts plsu umu

but seriously, this halloween event suck rear end. I have no idea what I was doing for like half of the event other than just doing the random stages that pop up. A lack of progression really makes it feel like a pointless grind compared to Moon Fest, which technically has a worse grind because it's doing the lowest ap mission again and again.

I guess knowing that you're progressing really is important if you want to feel good about doing something.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Did four runs of Bountiful Sea. No Phoenix Feathers, but I did get a handful of magic chestnuts (Yggdrasil Seeds) so that's helpful.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007
Do Saint Quartz Fragments ever get a discount in trade ins?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Randomzx posted:

Do Saint Quartz Fragments ever get a discount in trade ins?
That would eat into the revenue made from people buying quartz. So I would bet...no.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So I did manage to bum-rush the Halloween story in the last couple hours. In addition to yet another caster and an extra grail, I've got a smattering of event currency. Not enough to get anything good like Liz or a CE though. What cheap stuff in the shop is worth having, or should I just burn it all for QP?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

ZiegeDame posted:

So I did manage to bum-rush the Halloween story in the last couple hours. In addition to yet another caster and an extra grail, I've got a smattering of event currency. Not enough to get anything good like Liz or a CE though. What cheap stuff in the shop is worth having, or should I just burn it all for QP?
Scales, Homunculus Babies, and some of the other ascension mats are good. Fangs can be farmed now and bones are given away regularly, so they're low priority.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Mats and then monuments, IMO. Don't burn it for QP unless you have literally all of them.

Also even if you can't afford an extra Liz I would still try for the ascension candy items, otherwise she will be permanently stuck at 40 or wherever.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 1, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
My Hans is stuck at lvl 45 because Halloween was my first event :(

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Vlad with Black Grail, Tamamo, and the original mystic code up is really fun. Stacking attack bonuses puts me in 6 figure damage territory and I can manage the hp loss with healing. It’s great.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I just realized there's a very real chance I'll empty out all of my QP from all the ascensions I'll get out of GUDAGUDA, so it might be a good idea to spend now until then doing nothing but the treasure vault dailies.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
can you not see the final ascension art in the friend list?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

You have to enable that option in the settings menu

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

There's an option you need to change. Dunno why they did it that way.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Probably so folks can treat the final ascension art as a nice surprise when they get it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

El Burbo posted:

You have to enable that option in the settings menu

oh, thank god. please, everyone. look at my archers' smile.

it's too bad that you can only select one unit per type. I have no sabers/assassins to show off and a poo poo ton of lancer/archers fully statted up and ready to be never used.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The following Servants give you an extra boost to income during GudaGuda, so its worth ascending/leveling three-four of them:

Emiya, Cu Chulainn (Lancer), Medusa, Mephistopheles, Ushiwakamaru, & Benkei. Emiya gives a 40% boost, the rest give 20%.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
do they stack

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nobu and Okita do also for even more, so make sure to include the former and grab the latter as a support. There are also daily one-time quests that collectively give a ton of points if you stack bonuses right, so look out for those.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tired Moritz posted:

do they stack

Yes.

Okita gives a 100% boost and Nobu gives a 60% boost, so the optimal team is Okita (if you roll her), Nobu, Support Okita, Emiya, and any two of (Medusa, Ushi, Mephistopheles, Benkei, Cu Chulainn)

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Got Emiya, Ushi, and Cu at decent-to-good levels so I'll be in largely good shape, then.

Need them fuckin' talons.

And crystals.

And horseshoes

And basically everything tbqh. So many ascensions gonna come from that event.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Unfortunately the boosts don't help you get any of those things; only feathers and scales. Shop currency boosts only come from gatcha CEs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wait, what boosts? What's Guda's gimmick?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My only concern regarding GUDAGUDA is that if you want to use Nobu, does that mean that players should stockpile gold XP cards for her, lest you want to be stuck with a level 1 Nobu for those runs?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tae posted:

In addition to the standard Currency Item farming, doing the quests get you Points. As you hit Point thresholds you automatically get rewards. Notably it's how you get your Welfare Nobu permanently as well as her NP upgrades.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

The points also end up getting you something like 27m QP overall.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh my god, why is Mephistopheles back in the Okito banner. What is grand order's obsession with him.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Pureauthor posted:

In addition to the standard Currency Item farming, doing the quests get you Points. As you hit Point thresholds you automatically get rewards. Notably it's how you get your Welfare Nobu permanently as well as her NP upgrades.

You also need to hit 1.5 million points to get the Forgotten Lore.

Nate RFB posted:

My only concern regarding GUDAGUDA is that if you want to use Nobu, does that mean that players should stockpile gold XP cards for her, lest you want to be stuck with a level 1 Nobu for those runs?

I'm running Archer/Caster embers for Tamamo primarily, but I'm stashing the archer hands I'm getting for Nobu.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Oh my god, why is Mephistopheles back in the Okito banner. What is grand order's obsession with him.

He is a very pretty man when he isn't dressing up as a clown pervert.

I'd probably level him if he got an update and his CE formal costume.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I'm saving so many Saber embers for an Okita that I may not even succeed in rolling.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Tae posted:

he's the headlining Caster that was on all the promotional material and title art

i have to wonder why, though

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Where the gently caress do I farm for octuplets with any sort of efficiency i just want golden to become his best

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

Where the gently caress do I farm for octuplets with any sort of efficiency i just want golden to become his best

20AP Berserker Dailies
Two-Current Sea, Okeanos
Gaul, Septem

Two-Current Sea is supposed to be the most AP-efficient of the 3, but I had more success in the Dailies, because RNG gonna RNG

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Kitfox88 posted:

AFAIK Octuplets is one of those mats that never has a great place to farm them until really late in the game. This is why farming Gaul when the 1/2 AP Free Quest thing came along was considered a good idea. GUDAGUDA has 20 of them for what it's worth.

Could be worse though, could be horseshoes.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm just waiting on GUDA GUDA at this point. I need eight more and doing the dailies have given me jack poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

In addition to shop currencies that work the same way as previous events GUDAGUDA has drops of points which aren't spent but award you things when you reach certain thresholds. Specific servants and the shop CEs boost these point drops; it's not infeasible to hit +300% from just free stuff and supports, so points shouldn't be too hard to get.

Shop currencies, on the other hand, are only boosted by gatcha CEs. Also you can only trade shop currencies up, not down, so it seems like it won't be a fun shop to clear.