Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Meskhenet posted:

I got MSB2 to work in multimc and giving it a go. Started on a sand platform.

I am not sure i actually enjoy this a great deal. Ive been able to make 5 iron which i used to automate a bonsai so i at least (slowly) have an automated way to make plant matter.....

cant make shears until you get a coke oven up..... ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

and this catylist that has a 75% out put. Which at such low numbers is 50%..

Does automating this stuff get easier?

Oh, and does water and lava move differently in 1.whatever this is ?

I can drop a water source block and it doesnt run. Not sideways and not even down.... Getting my cobble gen was stupidly tedious and as it sits now im at 50% success rate for getting the cobble block before the lava does .

LOL

And what is the go to starter mob farm? Ive got a 7x7 dark room raised 1 block up with slabs i can remove to kill stuff/collect drops. I do have spikes inside and some consecrated soil)

Some answers to some of these questions/issues:

You can make clay shears and smelt them. They last about as long as a tree does.

Plant matter can instantly grow a tree, or most crops.

The water/lava source blocks not flowing is a "feature" of their creation -- they won't flow until you place a block adjacent to the source block and force a block update. (On top usually works for water, and knocking out the torch under the lava will force a block update too.)

Automation does get easier as you go on. Once you have tin, lead, and redstone, you can make Thermal Expansion itemducts and servos for moving items around. Droppers also work great for putting things in your combustion chamber.

Primus alchemical dust has a 75% yield, which means a quarter of the time, you'll consume inputs and get no outputs. If you watch it carefully, you can see when it's about to do a 0 output cycle and substitute some glass instead of whatever alchemical dust you're trying to make, in order to "eat" the no-yield cycle. Upgrade to secundus as soon as you can.

Mob drop towers work great for early game mob grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Drop farm is usually recommended so you can plant a sanguinary pedestal at the botttom later for free Evilcraft blood, but any vanilla farm should still work. Just be aware one of the core progression mods will be a lot easier if your farm is already killing things with fall damage.

You should be able to switch to Secundus dust as soon as you're making iron reliably, so basically as soon as you have the condenser functional. It'll save you a LOT of time.

Plant matter shouldn't really be a concern. Saplings and leaves both can be converted to it (see the aforementioned clay shears), and if you have a particularly high thoroughput mob farm with lots of rotten flesh to spare, you might even consider using enriched bonemeal instead, which does the exact same thing, but can't be turned into dirt in a combustion heater like plant matter can.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Some answers to some of these questions/issues:

You can make clay shears and smelt them. They last about as long as a tree does.

Plant matter can instantly grow a tree, or most crops.

The water/lava source blocks not flowing is a "feature" of their creation -- they won't flow until you place a block adjacent to the source block and force a block update. (On top usually works for water, and knocking out the torch under the lava will force a block update too.)

Automation does get easier as you go on. Once you have tin, lead, and redstone, you can make Thermal Expansion itemducts and servos for moving items around. Droppers also work great for putting things in your combustion chamber.

Primus alchemical dust has a 75% yield, which means a quarter of the time, you'll consume inputs and get no outputs. If you watch it carefully, you can see when it's about to do a 0 output cycle and substitute some glass instead of whatever alchemical dust you're trying to make, in order to "eat" the no-yield cycle. Upgrade to secundus as soon as you can.

Mob drop towers work great for early game mob grinding.

Clay shears are 2 clay, so half a block of dirt, so 2 plant matter. It is still worth it? You'd get about 15 leaves or so? I will give that a try and see if it helps.

As for a mob dropper, yeah, which one? The standard 21/22 tower with 4 spawning plaforms and water? Or a swiss cheese platform with trapdoors?
I need to see if trapdoors will stop water falling down the tower, or do signs still work?

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

You'll get a lot more than 15 leaves per set of shears. It's more than worth it. One quick round going through 3 or 4 sets of shears will get you enough plant matter to cover all your wood farming needs and still have enough to make some dirt on the side.

Type of mob dropper is just taste. This pack doesn't mess with vanilla mechanics. The higher the thoroughput, the better. More spawn area and faster killing speed both add up to better thoroughput and more loot. If you really go balls out and make a big one, you should have enough sugar to upgrade it with vector plates fairly quickly, too. You won't be able to get sugar any other way till quite a bit further along.

Toadsmash fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 29, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Meskhenet posted:

As for a mob dropper, yeah, which one? The standard 21/22 tower with 4 spawning plaforms and water?

Yeah, this is what I do. I make the canals 7 long so the water stops just at the edge before the drop. Signs stop water too, but they aren't necessary if the canal is long enough.

Putting trapdoors on the sides of the canal and opening them glitches the mob AI into thinking that the canal opening is walkable, which increases your throughput.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

This isn't quite how it works. The condenser and alchemical bench whatever has a progress gauge. Primus dust will put 75% into the progress gauge per set of inputs. And then the next set will put 75% into the gauge, giving you x outputs and leaving 50% in the gauge for the next output round, and so on.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Yeah. Dust typically only gets wasted when you switch mid bar.

I didn't have that problem with crystal shards, either -- watching the fusion table it seemed to be smart enough not to start a fresh fuse until there were enough empty slots to collect the full output based on the dust you had.

Toadsmash fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 29, 2017

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Fluffy puff seeds.

Ive blown a stack of bone (3 stacks of bone meal) and still dont have this seed.

Am i unlucky or am i doing it wrong?
(and the quest book wont let me progress in anything till i have this quest done)

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Unlucky. Record I heard was 6. It's another of those quests that's way out of place, too, because that seed isn't something you'll need anytime soon.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

KingLemming posted:

Just gonna drop this off here, for people who don't really follow the site:
http://teamcofh.com/posts/2017/10/26/what-if/

I'm trying to do one of these a week now, so if you're curious what is actually coming to TE once I get the artwork finished, go to the main page and read a couple of posts back. :)

"People keep asking for a Quarry / Pump, and while it’s something we wish to implement, it probably won’t be in an existing mod, simply to avoid cluttering things up. Possibly look for a “Thermal Excavation” in the future. I also like the idea of some multiblock implementations of these."

I just started playing again after a couple of years off. Loaded up some 1.12 pack, and I am really missing the Buildcraft quarry. Not so much the single block aspect of it, but once it was up and running with the frame and gantry was nice. It had the mesmerizing effect of windows defrag, and occasionally a mob would fall in and you could see how long it would last before it got zapped by the drill head. Something leaning in that direction I would definitely appreciate. The two others I have found so far (rftools and immersive engineering) are either uninspiring or just over the top. A happy medium with some aesthetics is sorely missing as far as I have seen.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Toadsmash posted:

All the IE wiring recipes, which even under the old recipes were more expensive, more complicated to use, and had LESS capacity than other wiring options that he hasn't touched, have been substantially nerfed. They now each require a Tinker's tough tool rod of varying grade (from iron for the cheapest to gold for the most expensive) for EACH piece (none of the recipes produce multiples anymore), have their own 4 terracotta cost still, and build on 2 of the previous tier for MV/HV. So if you want to use them at any kind of scale, you can expect to spend hundreds of clay on it, which you still don't have any options for automating for the first 2/3 of the progression. What an awesome way to get a lot of your players (like me) to never use them again.

:eng99:
This blows my mind because IE wiring isn't even particularly good for anything I've ever used it for. It's useful to me just long range and I'll mostly be using it to help with logistics so I don't have to build all in one area. By removing it (practically) all they're really doing is forcing me to builld all my machines in a central, crowded area to reduce the use of wiring and fluxducts.
If this change was expert-only that's one thing, but come the gently caress on. It's wire.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

This blows my mind because IE wiring isn't even particularly good for anything I've ever used it for. It's useful to me just long range and I'll mostly be using it to help with logistics so I don't have to build all in one area. By removing it (practically) all they're really doing is forcing me to builld all my machines in a central, crowded area to reduce the use of wiring and fluxducts.
If this change was expert-only that's one thing, but come the gently caress on. It's wire.

Every time I think 'Oh it looks like the pack author has made some good changes'...

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Don't update to 2.6.2. It's having issues.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

KingLemming posted:

I've had a few thoughts on this, and while I *do* like the idea of a single "base" insect and flower, that gets a bit ugly without also fully recreating gendustry.

I think a good compromise would be to have fewer total alleles than Forestry. I feel like if I'd end up going the "produce all the things route," then it'd be more of an artificial introduction of a new allele, creating a new species. So that breeding bees could give you various "base" bees and then combining that bee with say, Redstone, in some sort of monstrous bee splicing machine would create a Flux bee. And there may be a requirement where a bee needs to have certain stats to be "infused" with Redstone.

But that new one wouldn't then go on to crossbreed with the original one - it would bee :v: a totally different species.

So the flow of play would be to take good care of your bees in general, getting them to a necessary production/hardiness/<whatever stat> then infuse them with a resource, creating new species that you again get to take care of. And maybe they're more fickle and whiny and need certain conditions to live.

So there's still a grind there in a sense (I mean, it's bees after all), but it would hopefully remove the maddeningly infuriating randomness and reduce the waiting a bit.

mad science machines for your bees is pro tier poo poo

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Something has broken my save and because FTBUtils' backup is insanely awful at following its config settings, the last backup I have is from 4 days ago even though I've been playing for hours a day. That's probably the last straw for me and this pack. No way in hell I'm replaying that much lost progress.

Last time I successfully played was not a crash; it was a normal save and exit. I patched the game, started it back up, got endless load screen hang. Rolled back to previous version, loaded backup from just prior to the update, same behavior. Last thing I remember working on was getting Embers exchange tablet rolling, connecting an IE lava tank to my RS system, and crafting a metallurgic infuser. Not the slightest idea what might have broken it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
On the thread's mention of it, I've been playing Divine Journey and it's quite an engaging little timesink. I'm reminded somewhat of FTB Infinity Evolved and similar ultra-dense/slow-progression modpacks, but it doesn't have IC2 or Bees or any of the mods I hate so it's got a leg up already. The recipes are incredibly dense and demanding (I'm talking 6 dark steel for a basic Blood Magic rune block) so all forward progress is incredibly slow, and it encourages an automation system more than most skykblocks I've seen. The main progression seems to be Basic Tech (EnderIO/TE) -> Blood Magic -> Botania -> Thaumcraft/Witchery -> Draconic Evolution -> The Inevitable "Is Anyone Still Playing This" Creative Tier.
I've made only minimal progress so I'm just now reaching Blood Magic and I can see this being a pack you could play for over a month (or spend hours on every day). But more than almost any pack I've played it's really pushing me to set up proper processing and piping systems. Normally I can get by with minimal automated stuff (mostly just for power gen and mob grinding) but here every minor system I institute or clusterfuck of pipes and machines I sort out for clarity feels like a huge hurdle cleared, and just one more thing I don't need to worry about in the future.

The "unique" aspect of the pack, the integration of DivineRPG, is quite interesting even though the mod itself is really rough and weird.
Can't say I was a fan of having to fight the first boss like ten loving times though, especially because it's so badly made you literally have to get hit by it when you summon it because it's bigger than your tool-use reach and it comes in swinging. Worse than that was having to get all the resources to summon it, but I suppose I was supposed to wait until I had manual spawners unlocked to farm the resources.

Anyway it's a weird enough pack and it's Gregtechy in the "everything needs ridiculous amounts of resources to craft" sense but they also give you a lot of tools to make it happen so I'm getting through it slow and steady, and every new step feels like a solid foothold. I recommend it, but only if you really want to dig into something that will make you crawl through it.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Coming from MS2, the recipes felt more forgiving for me. But I've been playing a skyblock for so long at this point that going back to traditional mining feels bizarre. And the tech tree is massive.

Blood Magic, Thaumcraft, and Witchery are all new for me, so them featuring so heavily in this pack is a big leg up for me. I'm just not super into having to do TiC/EnderIO/TE again right out the gate. Having access to automatic mining so early is a major point in its favor, though. Even the MFR laser drill is accessible fairly early on relative to how long you'll be playing this pack to dent its tech tree.

Aside: those are all mods that for the most part are very different things, which put it way ahead of a lot of expert style packs. A huge chunk of MS2's progression is going through different mods that all feature very similar bullet points.

Toadsmash fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 1, 2017

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Has anyone tried making a modpack that does like the opposite of Gregtech, like helps you to make progress more easily, recipes less expensive, help you to get to 'post scarcity' endgame quicker? (Yeah I know, 'that's creative mode, duh!')

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

greententacle posted:

Has anyone tried making a modpack that does like the opposite of Gregtech, like helps you to make progress more easily, recipes less expensive, help you to get to 'post scarcity' endgame quicker? (Yeah I know, 'that's creative mode, duh!')

By Lothar's hammer, if BFSR does not do that then I hosed up bad.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

greententacle posted:

I did, if you want to play Minecraft 1.2.5 :v:
https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/plus-blue.7767

quote:

For serious cheaters only! This mod pack is designed to be unbalanced.

I have always loved Minecraft 1.2.5 singleplayer. It is my favorite version of Minecraft and has all the mods I really loved in their best forms. So I have made a pack, it's not PLUS+. It has been a labor of love; I have been tweaking this for some time. It has about 101 mods and is designed to run and load quickly without too much excessive guff (but has everything important!). This pack is all about being unbalanced! Equivalent Exchange 2 (the good one) has been amped to the MAX! Ever modded item has an EMC value. There is custom ore distribution and loot tables. There are dozens of alternative crafting methods for your favorite mods.

I know I played this version more than any other, and I'm tired of the constant updates. It is single player only, and as a result runs very quickly. This pack is the last version where EE2 Thaumcraft 2, and Somnia worked. This pack also includes Logistics Pipes, Teleport pipes, Computer Craft, Factorization and Redpower 2. Who needs AE? What's a Tesseract? Some notable features:

-Equivalent Exchange 2! (with custom EMC!)
-Custom intermod recipes!
-Spawners Craftable with EMC!
-Custom ore distribution! (lots more to find!)
-Thaumcraft 2!
-Redpower 2!
-Greenstone Wire Mod!
-Zeppelin Mod
-Sphax PureBDCraft 64x Texture pack with addons
-A functional Crafting Table III!
-Laser Mod!
-Somnia!
-All your favorite mods in much more primitive form! (Except Industrialcraft 2, which is identical!)

azsedcf
Jul 21, 2006

...a place of unlimited darkness.
"Where are the doors?" they asked nerviously.
Even my bellowing laughter couldn't fill this space.
The save I had for project ozone 2 just got badly corrupted and am going to move onto some other modpack.
Are there any goon recommended servers for hard/complicated modpacks right now?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

greententacle posted:

Basically any modpack but add ProjectE with a relatively early unlockable transmutation table.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
is there a tinkers construct hoe I'm supposed to be using in project ozone that doesn't break in two uses?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Doorknob Slobber posted:

is there a tinkers construct hoe I'm supposed to be using in project ozone that doesn't break in two uses?

i've never played that pack, but try a tinker's construct mattock? it's (and yous) a hoe

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i've never played that pack, but try a tinker's construct mattock? it's (and yous) a hoe

thanks this is what I was missing

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Apparently I load up Blightfall when it gets cold outside. I brought it up and found a save from last December.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

greententacle posted:

any modpack with Magical Agriculture or whatever it's called, and IE's Garden Cloches

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Apparently I load up Blightfall when it gets cold outside. I brought it up and found a save from last December.

I feel like playing Regrowth again and I don't know why.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I just finished a regrowth (well i got my villages up if thats the end)

MSB2
condensors and casings. Explain it to me.
ATM i have iron/iron. I can drop a few copper is and get a stack of copper. I drop a few gold in and get 1 gold.

I have wood, stone, iron.

Cant do lead until i get steel for the cauldron. Cant get steel until i get blast brick, cant get blast brick till i get 4x9 gold.

Oh and the nether casing sucks........ no quick dropper and take 3/4 stack of planks per glowstone blast. That gets better later right?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meskhenet posted:

I just finished a regrowth (well i got my villages up if thats the end)

MSB2
condensors and casings. Explain it to me.
ATM i have iron/iron. I can drop a few copper is and get a stack of copper. I drop a few gold in and get 1 gold.

I have wood, stone, iron.

Cant do lead until i get steel for the cauldron. Cant get steel until i get blast brick, cant get blast brick till i get 4x9 gold.

Oh and the nether casing sucks........ no quick dropper and take 3/4 stack of planks per glowstone blast. That gets better later right?

The nether casing exists only to get a high enough blast temperature for something in particular; afterwards you can get electrum (I think).

The Combustion Chamber has max heat units and fuel efficiency from the materials used - certain recipes require a certain heat level (and having a higher max heat allows you to combust more of a recipe's ingredients at once if it uses less - for example if something uses 200 HU and you have 2000, you can put 10x the ingredients through at once). Fuel efficiency is like fuel burn ticks per HU generated - and RF later on.

The Condenser has speed and efficiency. Which are sort of poorly named because efficiency is like progress per ingredient (taking into account ingredient output) over time and speed is crafting progress per tick but it means more is created per ingredient input as it gets higher, something like that, rather than just straight speeding the process up. It's badly explained and weird and complicated and I'm probably fundamentally misunderstanding things but the end result is that you want both of them up high.

Once you get electrum you can make the Combustion Chamber use RF instead of coal - you should be using coal/charcoal by the way, not planks.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ok cool. So higher the better.

Planks have been working fine when working with smaller loads. But i did try some coke for the glowstone. Still ran through a stack for a stack :/

I just got blast furnace up, so working on a kitchen and botania while i wait for enough steel to do teh steel chambers.

The porcelin smelter, so how do you get lava into it? The book asks to make the tank rather than the heater and it looks like you have to condense with stone to make ores, so sort of no point early game?

And is the retaW from the loot box just a placeable water source block or is it better? (still better than the bowls of water that destroy all placed torches)

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
The Porcelain Melter is there so you can case gears and buckets and eventually the components for the smeltery (the controller and tank have to be porcelain items dunked with melted seared stone). It's great for plates, and for gears because you can skip the iron mechanical component in the center.

Skip steel chambers, make bronze. Bronze and electrum combustion chambers run off RF. I ran most of my pre-mekanism power off culinary generators and hopping bonsai apple trees. Apple + Pot = Applesauce, which is 56k RF @ 48/tick (1 minute duration), so a stack of applesauce powers things for an hour. It also makes the nether casing tolerable!

The thing that isn't quite clear is that speed and efficiency are both efficiency, really. Having 200% speed and 100% efficiency still gets you twice as many ingots because each powder has a ticks required and a usage per tick, so reducing the number of ticks saves you dust. Rush the Atomic laser-beam-thing from Actually Additions so you can make the lapis crystals and get Tertius Catalyst. 450% yield beats the crap out of 175%.

Also one last tip, for real pain in the rear end alchemical dusts like osmium or silver (SUGAR), you can grind up an ingot and the dust generally replaces the worst ingredient. This burns way more catalyst than normal but once you have tertius dust and electrum/electrum condensers you can multiply your ingots without empowering stupid crystals or waiting for witch spawns.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Had a free moment to play a bit more Project Ozone 2 today. Progress is going a bit slower than normal mode, but its a fun challenge to try and sequence break. I was getting tired of running around growing tons of batches of trees to fuel my sifter, so today I vowed to replace the system with a Lava Generator that can run without fuel. Lava Generators are not exactly cheap in Kappa Mode, requiring a lot of red-stone, gold, and most of all platinum (shiny ingots). I did not have a lot of platinum, only like 3 ingots from my entire sifting operation. It would take me many hours to get enough to make a lot of lava generator, but I resolved to go for it anyway. Even if I could get one lava generator it would be worth my time. To craft the generator required a Survival Generator first, which required Hemp Rope. I did not have Hemp so I created a grass field in order to make some seeds with Bone-meal. To my great amazement, Fluid Cows started spawning! :D I did not think they would spawn in the desert!

Best of all one of the cow was Molten Shiny!. This happy coincidence saved my bacon. I trapped all the useful cows in glass, and put a Iron Drum near them to store their fluids. I have to milk them all manually with a bucket right now, but it is entirely worth it! In addition to the shiny I found Resonant Ender, Oil, Molten Copper, Molten Electrum, and Blazing Pyrothium. Its going to be a great help not to have to craft these liquids on my own. These cows will let me sequence break a lot better :twisted: I made a little seared tank to pour the metals into and cast into blocks:

With a good supply of Platinum I was able to easily upgrade my Sifter power to four Lava Generators. They are fed by a crucible with a yellorium block underneath. They never run out of fuel any more! All I have to do is put sand/dust/gravel in the top and material come out the bottom forever.

I also made a clay generator (just click on it with dust) and the big furnaces I needed to start making Steel. I don't really need steel right now, but I figured it was easy enough to do, and I am sure I will need steel in future. Best to have it cooking in the background:

I began breeding resource crops. I have Redstone/lapis/Iron/Gold seeds now. My small little garden patch it getting crowded. I have many species now, I need to make a bigger watered field to start producing plants in bulk. I will keep this area for breeding:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 3, 2017

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Meskhenet posted:

And is the retaW from the loot box just a placeable water source block or is it better? (still better than the bowls of water that destroy all placed torches)

I think it's just water that flows upwards instead of downwards, a youtuber I watch ran across some in an RFtools dimension.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Okay so I'm playing Age of Engineering and just set up my Empowerer, which means I need a lot of RF. Waterwheels are about 90rf/t once you put three in there, right? And windmills are 25rf/t most of the time? Why would anyone make an IE Windmill?

The spreadsheet says I should make a canola farm, but... it looks like I need a ton of infrastructure to process the canola, most of it manual. Should I just make 100 waterwheels?
Edit: nevermind I just need a Canola Press (or a Squeezer for an automated solution) and an AA Oil Generator.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 3, 2017

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I couldn't figure out how to get vivecraft to work correctly with a modpack. I tried to patch it into Blightfall and it seemed to try to copy the modpack over to the Minecraft launcher. What it then sprang up looked like Vanilla with Blightfall's restricted options. When I created a new world, it all took a poo poo. Sounds about right.

To top it off, my head is too big for VR headsets with my glasses, so I have to try to make contact lenses work.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I couldn't figure out how to get vivecraft to work correctly with a modpack. I tried to patch it into Blightfall and it seemed to try to copy the modpack over to the Minecraft launcher. What it then sprang up looked like Vanilla with Blightfall's restricted options. When I created a new world, it all took a poo poo. Sounds about right.

To top it off, my head is too big for VR headsets with my glasses, so I have to try to make contact lenses work.

Excuse me kind sir have you considered dual monocles?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

McFrugal posted:

Excuse me kind sir have you considered dual monocles?

I can just imagine them banging around inside the thing.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Rutibex posted:

Had a free moment to play a bit more Project Ozone 2 today. Progress is going a bit slower than normal mode, but its a fun challenge to try and sequence break. I was getting tired of running around growing tons of batches of trees to fuel my sifter, so today I vowed to replace the system with a Lave Generator that can run without fuel. Lave Generators are not exactly cheap in Kappa Mode, requiring a lot of red-stone, gold, and most of all platinum (shiny ingots). I did not have a lot of platinum, only like 3 ingots from my entire sifting operation. It would take me many hours to get enough to make a lot of lava generator, but I resolved to go for it anyway. Even if I could get one lava generator it would be worth my time. To craft the generator required a Survival Generator first, which required Hemp Rope. I did not have Hemp so I created a grass field in order to make some seeds with Bone-meal. To my great amazement, Fluid Cows started spawning! :D I did not think they would spawn in the desert!

*snip*

Just want to say that I love these posts! Makes me want to get back into PO2.

Are you playing the most current version with the new-styled quest book? Every time I try it I can't get over the new formatting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Devor posted:

Just want to say that I love these posts! Makes me want to get back into PO2.

Are you playing the most current version with the new-styled quest book? Every time I try it I can't get over the new formatting

Thanks! Yeah I am playing the latest version. It seems like the way to go, I already encountered a few bugs playing this pack so I don't want to encounter any more playing some older version. Thank God for the Forge setting that allows you to automatically delete any "ticking" entities, or I would have lost my save.

The formatting of the quest books doesn't bother me, as it is all I ever knew!

Edit: I was playing a bit more today. Had a blood moon, and my mod grinder (which was previously very unproductive) suddenly because very productive! Too productive in fact, as it exploded showering my base with dozens of blazes and other assorted mobs :(

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 3, 2017