Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Its a weird draw in that most of you legendaries run in very specific gimmick decks rather than being generalists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

So do you guys think it is worth keeping? Haven seems interesting and if it is cheap to make that would be nice. Having lots of gimmick legendaries is kind of pointless when I don't have much of a cardpool to draw from.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i guess it comes down to your tolerance for rerolling. it might take you awhile to get something better than that. i would probably keep it and just start playing.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Ashtarath posted:

So do you guys think it is worth keeping? Haven seems interesting and if it is cheap to make that would be nice. Having lots of gimmick legendaries is kind of pointless when I don't have much of a cardpool to draw from.

Yeah, I'd keep it. I personally shy away from running lots of legendaries, usually. My most successful decks right now use 5 (haven) and 0 (shadowcraft). Dragoncraft is really legendary heavy but every other class can get away with budget style decks.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
nerfs are out.

https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=439

PDK as expected. Ephemera is an obvious choice. Dunno if i agree with card knights.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Hats posted:

nerfs are out.

https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=439

PDK as expected. Ephemera is an obvious choice. Dunno if i agree with card knights.

Now to watch the furious masturbatory comments at reddit! (I expect a lot of Sibyl bitching soon)

Man, I am good at crafting legendaries that will get nerfed. Dunno if that means I am an rear end in a top hat who crafts OP decks or what.

e: Hey! council is no longer 5. That's against swords main class identity of having everything on 5.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 29, 2017

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Shadowcraft scoots by completely under the radar :getin:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Emalde posted:

Shadowcraft scoots by completely under the radar :getin:

90% of Atomy players are awful, like really loving awful so don't expect that deck to become oppressive in their hands now that people should be able to tech against it. Turn 3 Atomy will be a problem but that's not that common. People just get tunnel-vision with that deck so disrupting it is pretty easy. Hell, more often than not they summon atomy when I have a lurching corpse on board :allears:

D-Shift is probably going to get pretty drat annoying. I'll probably switch back to roach it that happens.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 29, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah dshift is going to be a drat cancer as usual. I am very excited to vial my 5 pdks tomorrow and build something silly.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

now the question is what do my pdks become? i am thinking 2 mars to complete the set right now

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I think my plan is to re-jigger my deck to run mainyu, white tiger, and mist shaman.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm gonna use my vials to build Gabriels and play temple ogre meme

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

godspeed

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Hats posted:

I think my plan is to re-jigger my deck to run mainyu, white tiger, and mist shaman.

Good luck, I'll just throw roaches, bats, and snakes to their faces. Witches hate little critters.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I did a fake re-roll account and went 6-0 with it... Naturally none of those wins were with the temple ogre but rather with horseshit beastcall aria/regal falcon plays. Turns out that 2/1 bird can become a 10/6. Regal falcon can swing for 14 on turn 9. Tomorrow I will dominate the AA rank with it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, lots of people are loving around with dumb decks right now. Doing my dailies I've faced:

Wallet dez moroz shadow.
Fairy driver forest
Ward dragon (with Arriet finisher)
Alice rune
Eidolon haven

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

:byewhore:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Jormungand is playable now!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
There's a lot of support cannon floating around. They use flshing blade to try and run leonidas into bane followers to get his amulet on the board early.

Hilariously, fairy holocaust does exceedingly well against it

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You know it is end of the month when 3 people in a row concede against my dirt rune when I have 1,2,3 drops. Nobody on the poo poo end of the master spectrum is giving a poo poo about points right now.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Jimmy Hats posted:

Jormungand is playable now!

It really seems like a meta where people are even more likely to bust out DShift due to the top aggro deck being nerfed would be the exact opposite of a Jorm friendly deal.

Jimmy Hats posted:

There's a lot of support cannon floating around. They use flshing blade to try and run leonidas into bane followers to get his amulet on the board early.

That sounds like a combo of a whole bunch of really bad cards playing on a hope and a prayer. It also reminds me how so many people were just super sure that Unsheathed Blade Alexander was going to be the midrange board clear option Control Sword always wanted/needed and how very wrong those people were.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Eh, the support cannon thing is strong enough that dshift players have started packing Petrification so they don't get hosed up. Even if that leonidas isn't dying against a bane or lilac or whatever that's a really big cannon hit with the added effect that it doesn't leave a follower on the board to spellboost off of.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dshift is running petrification for bnb mostly

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Hats posted:

Eh, the support cannon thing is strong enough that dshift players have started packing Petrification so they don't get hosed up. Even if that leonidas isn't dying against a bane or lilac or whatever that's a really big cannon hit with the added effect that it doesn't leave a follower on the board to spellboost off of.

Lol, no, as awesome said that's for both B&B and early Atomy.

I am just feeding on d-shift with aggro forest anyways. I want to see them run enough spells to get rid of all those insects.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

What is Aggro Forest replacing Ephemera with? That seems like a pretty big blow to the "flood out waves of tiny dudes and sometimes Elf Song them" builds. I guess Arianna is pretty cool for discount Ivy Spellbombs though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

uhh fairy driver i guess? heres a 20 win streak post nerf list https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...o0s.6Ko0s.6Ko0s

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

uhh fairy driver i guess? heres a 20 win streak post nerf list https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...o0s.6Ko0s.6Ko0s

That's a slower aggro deck but seems real nice (I'll give it a try tomorrow). But it seems like the current commence experiment D-shift that everybody netdecked has a fighting chance against that.

I'm running balls-to-the-wall combo-aggro, variations of this:

And just overwhelming, overdrawing, and overstorming the poo poo out of everything. The idea is that even if they manage to contain your fairies, your six roaches give you comeback power. I have gone the distance against ramp dragon and won.

This poor excuse of a SFIV character never had a chance, although it did kill my one drop and had a ward golem up by 3. (I want to see that loving owl save you this time!). Shielded Fitas are pretty good.

The opponent also never has any idea of how much damage you can pull out of your rear end so if they don't clear your stuff (or clear too much, leaving you with space) you can cheat plenty of wins. Here is 7 roach-first (which is rare) damage without bounces, in a game where I had an awful starting hand:

I have played mostly this and dirt rune lately. Gone 8-2 today with forest. Lost to anti-dshift haven (of all things) and an aggro dragon that killed my fairies with lizards and poo poo. 4-0 against rune, although the newest D-Shift deck can beat your rear end if they draw well and you don't get a good start.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 1, 2017

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Just installed this and got my free packs. Wanted to run the Legendary list out and see if I should keep or reroll, since I wasn't sure how accurate the list in the OP still is.

- Fairy Dragon, Abomination Awakened, Bloody Mary, Roland the Incorruptible, Rose Queen, Cinderella, Alice - Wonderland Explorer, Beauty and the Beast, Mail of Obliteration, Spawn of the Abyss.

As far as preferred playstyle, I like big dumb aggro, not sure which style I should try to focus on for that. Probably Sword, if that affects whether or not I should keep what I have.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rVaOODbC0k

If you thought Runecraft had a monopoly on sitting at the table and jerking off, just you wait!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont think i want anything to do with sets rotating out every 3 months

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yeah I'm probably just sticking with unlimited for a while. The first rotation is removing Standard and Darkness Evolved, which are by far my two favorite sets.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Its only removing parts of standard.

I cant wait for them to get rid of RoB

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Its only removing parts of standard.

I cant wait for them to get rid of RoB

It's all of Standard, but only parts of Basic. Basic being the set of cards that you can't even liquefy because they don't come from card packs.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Nov 1, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Oh! Ditching standard seems really odd. I would expect the next set to be a bit larger and have a few reprints if tht is indeed the case.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Well, Haven for example is super dead otherwise.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I would not be unhappy to see the set scrapoed entirely, though! Between that and DE there are a pile of cards that find their way into every dang deck going out the window, along with some of the more annoying deck archetypes.

It's certainly going to slow the game back down a bit

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Daria is safe for now. I have about 5 months to achieve my goal of hitting master playing only that deck. I've been doing mostly unranked recently but if I'm on a clock I better get cracking

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Roach, dshift, elana gone. Aiela, forte, genesis dragon. Blood wolf and vania. PtP. Atomy, seraph, mordecai. Themis. Gone! All gone!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
New leader is lame he doesn't have tits or a hilarious accent. Dude is rowen tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

cheetah7071 posted:

Daria is safe for now. I have about 5 months to achieve my goal of hitting master playing only that deck. I've been doing mostly unranked recently but if I'm on a clock I better get cracking

You could always just hit Masters in Unlimited instead of Rotation, from what I understand of the implementation.

• Locked thread