Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

sandoz posted:

rise of the dark triad man

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/272k66/why_women_go_crazy_for_a_dark_triad_man/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hungry for crepes n shit
Aug 17, 2005

Smoothbrained orange man sundowning at noon.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

jerry seinfel posted:

lol WH statement on that bullshit the house passed that would allow group lawsuits against financial institutions that do bullshit (wells fargo, equifax, etc etc)

spin spin spin

Socialize the banks

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Bert Roberge posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/2TraE

I talked to my dad (who used to work for Dow/Union Carbide) about that fire.

Most of the poo poo in that warehouse was there because it was too dangerous to burn.

A lot of it was used to make Teflon.

Like when you would burn it it would make acid.

Parkersburg people had like 8 days of that poo poo in their lungs.

quote:

Though a Dupont spokesperson said that the cloud was harmless, it reportedly smells like paint thinner and people are going to the hospital because of it.

hahaha why would they actually loving say this

oh right because big businesses can't be sued for anything anymore and never get held legally accountable

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

clitorides

clitcharrones

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

mods rename me dark triad man

dark sulk triad

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

The last few years have really done a number on me. In America we're raised to believe that we're the best country in history (and honestly a lot of our accomplishments have held that up)

buddy

buddy

it was always this bad

the greeks figured out a few thousand years ago to never lean on justice occurring in the world of politics, and they've never been wrong since.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
how the hell do you even soft-boil something

Louisgod has issued a correction as of 19:48 on Nov 1, 2017

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

:stare: :stare:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

There's not a lot of and?

People living around the plant were mainly really poor or old people.

The warehouse didn't fill out the forms well enough so the firefighters didn't know what the gently caress they were fighting.

People are in the hospital over this poo poo even though dow/dupont says the fumes were "not toxic."

gently caress they're still trying to figure out what's down there in the wreckage.

http://www.newsandsentinel.com/news/business/2017/11/wv-dep-iei-records-do-not-satisfy%E2%80%88-compliance-order/

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Agrajag posted:

is, is this real?

When you close your eyes do you dream about me?

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

shitposting c-spam, bobbing in my chair to some snoop poo poo.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I do feel like black people seem to be weathering this thing better than most, since we've been taught/conditioned to not expect too many things in the first place.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

oh my loving god lol

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Quotey posted:

it's always less funny than you imagine. that poor woman. god, that would have been from his SC confirmation hearings. top judge in the land did those things to you

GUESS HE WAS WRONG

hes not funny ha ha funny, or good

but hes incredibly strange

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

I knew Osama thought FF7 was the best FF.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Bert Roberge posted:

There's not a lot of and?

People living around the plant were mainly really poor or old people.

The warehouse didn't fill out the forms well enough so the firefighters didn't know what the gently caress they were fighting.

People are in the hospital over this poo poo even though dow/dupont says the fumes were "not toxic."

gently caress they're still trying to figure out what's down there in the wreckage.

http://www.newsandsentinel.com/news/business/2017/11/wv-dep-iei-records-do-not-satisfy%E2%80%88-compliance-order/

When I think of people I’d trust when they say something isn’t toxic, our Bhopal Buddies at Dow are near the bottom of the list.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shageletic posted:

There were like three women in 93 willing to testify against him for sexual harassment before Biden shut that down, and that was in loving 93.

I expect to see a wave of women to come forward.

Currently, he spends most of his time eating for free at right wing events and long naps.

i really hope that he's next for the sexual harasser shamed outta job pyre

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Bert Roberge posted:

Most of the poo poo in that warehouse was there because it was too dangerous to burn.

lol no wonder they let it burn for over a week, finally a chance to get rid of it!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Shageletic posted:

I do feel like black people seem to be weathering this thing better than most

well there's one way to look at

Shageletic posted:

since we've been taught/conditioned to not expect too many things in the first place.

oh.

right.

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
Reddit CEO "spez" is having a Q&A atm. Top question asked was why hasn't the_donald been banned yet. His response:

spez posted:

Many of these links are probably in violation of our policy, but most are unreported, which is what alerts the mods and our team, especially when there are few votes. We'll consider them reported now.

Generally the mods of the_donald have been cooperative when we approach them with systematic abuses. Typically we ban entire communities only when the mods are uncooperative or the entire premise of the community is in violation of our policies. In the past we have removed mods of the_donald that refuse to work with us.

Finally, the_donald is a small part of a large problem we face in this country—that a large part of the population feels unheard, and the last thing we're going to do is take their voice away.

Yep. Wouldn't want to take away the voices of neonazis. No sir.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

I heard Obama banged the jihad drums and the new :911: happened

thanks, obummer

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Squizzle posted:

nine?!?

hmmmmm

ok

4. a robot must not injure a good dog or allow by inaction a good dog to come to harm, excerpt where this would conflict w the first 3 laws

5. a robot must indulge a good dog who wants playing or a walk, except where it would conflict w the first 4 laws

6. a robot must retrieve frisbees and tennis balls that have escaped a good dogs appropriate playing areas, except where this would conflict w the first 5 laws

7. a robot must not injure a cat or allow a cat to come to harm, except where this would conflict w the first 6 laws

and im stumped for the last 2

8. a robot must not injure any cute mammal, bird, or reptile not mentioned above, or allow such creatures to come to harm, except where this would conflict with the first 7 laws

9. For the purposes of laws 1-8, Nazis are not human beings, good dogs, cats, or cute.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

apparently the levy system for nola outskirts must be better now?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Louisgod posted:

have you never soft boiled an egg

you take it out at ~7 minutes overran of the 11 for hard boiling

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Congratulations america, all it took was a guy in a truck to make you guys get rid of literally the only real protections you have against being shoved into a prison camp and miranda rights being thrown out the window. Lol american democracy is such a weak thing that cant survive minor inconveniences.

whoa john mccain is our king and his simple statement became law???

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

kopasetic posted:

Reddit CEO "spez" is having a Q&A atm. Top question asked was why hasn't the_donald been banned yet. His response:

Yep. Wouldn't want to take away the voices of neonazis. No sir.

lol its gonna turn out all the r/t_d mods are russian operatives by like next week

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Louisgod posted:

it's a way of cooking an egg you should try it sometime

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Leviathan posted:

*blood shoots out of HP Hovercrafts nose*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Leviathan posted:

apparently the levy system for nola must be better now?

waaaaaaaaay better yeah

the floodworks were designed to withstand a cat 3 storm for the next 150 years, but since that design takes sea level rise into account, for the next 70 years the design is appropriate to withstand cat 5

it was a big drat deal and engineering firms from all over the country opened up shop to spend all that federal money that got allocated for it

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Agrajag posted:

is, is this real?

Do you not recognize supremacy when you see it?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

few americans have heard of soft boiled eggs tbh and for this reason nobody ever knows wtf johnathan swift is talking about when he talks about the big endian vs little endian schism

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bert Roberge posted:

https://twitter.com/emorwee/status/925736011489005568

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Squizzle posted:

I thought that's hard boiling an egg, I never knew having a runny yolk deemed them soft-boiled and half-boiled eggs are also a thng.

Learn something new every day.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Al! posted:

theyll never admit climate change is a problem even after the last bit of florida is swallowed under the waves

to be fair if you put me in charge of throwing a lever that would immediately reverse climate change id probably stand there going "wait for it... waaaaait for it..." until florida went fully under

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Louisgod posted:

Squizzle posted:

*black and white footage of squizzle trying to soft boil an egg, the eggs are falling out of the carton and onto the floor, now he gets one in the pot but oh no, it breaks, he reaches in after it and burns his hand, the frame freezes on his agonized face*

but wait, there's a better way!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Louisgod posted:

And what the gently caress is a fish fry?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country Garbage Hell Country

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i really hope that he's next for the sexual harasser shamed outta job pyre

trading thomas for a heritage foundation bench-stooge would be a net negative for american law :whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

Leviathan posted:

The levees aren't my biggest weather related concern living in NOLA anymore. The insanely poorly managed pump system is. We've had multiple instances of rapid and significant flooding this year just from rainfall.

• Locked thread