Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wouldn't worry TNC can be pretty drat hard.
They will stop calling in reinforcements after a while so you can totally just barricade yourself in and wait for them to stop, though if you have a good idea where the commander is bumrushing him probably works better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

This makes me sad.

Sakurazuka posted:

I wouldn't worry TNC can be pretty drat hard.
They will stop calling in reinforcements after a while so you can totally just barricade yourself in and wait for them to stop, though if you have a good idea where the commander is bumrushing him probably works better.

Good to know, thanks.

I still can't get over how immensely satisfying it is to barrel into a room dual-wielding machineguns and mowing down dozens of Nazis.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Aardark posted:

Has anyone played Farming Simulator 17? It looks really dope and is currently on sale.

Is there any actual gameplay in this or is it a spreadsheet game with some waiting?

If we're going to get this weird simulator titles we should get Euro Truck Simulator, dammit

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Any news on PS+ Games for Nov?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Boogalo posted:

For those of you waiting on cheap PS+, gamestop has codes for $40

https://www.gamestop.com/console-subscriptions/playstation-plus-1-year-membership/84626

What are the odds of amazon pulling off something like this for say Black Friday? I want to jump in but my card is already kinda loaded this month considering I bought a god drat PS4. :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MZ posted:

supposedly they're gonna be shown on the blog some time in the afternoon

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

ElwoodCuse posted:

Is there any actual gameplay in this or is it a spreadsheet game with some waiting?

If we're going to get this weird simulator titles we should get Euro Truck Simulator, dammit
There's all kinds of gameplay & farm animals (pigs, etc.).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq8Mim-yTjM

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

MZ posted:

German PS blog apparently put up an image saying they would be getting Bound and Worms Battlegrounds.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Both games are on sale in the EU as well and Sony has done better about not letting that happen. So it could have been a fake leak.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Sefal posted:

I am still holding out hope for a tomba! remaster/remake

It and Alundra will happen one day

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
PS Plus:
- Worms Battlegrounds, PS4
- Bound, PS4
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, PS4VR (Bonus until January 2)
-R-Type Dimensions, PS3
- Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic, PS3
- Dungeon Punks, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
- Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse (Episodes 1 & 2), PS Vita

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/01/ps-plus-free-games-for-november/

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
e: beaten

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Wow, that's a disappointing lineup.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ugh I think I might let my PS+ lapse, I haven't even played any of the free games this year, and if Injustice 2 comes out for the PC then I will have no multiplayer games either.

Well a friend of mine who suckered me into buying Battlefront for full price on the PC tried to do that again with Battlefront 2, this time I bargained him down to "we'll rent it for the PS4"

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Well i haven’t played worms in about 20 years so that could be fun i guess? Besides the untill dawn thing i don’t even know what any of the other stuff is, lol

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I already have Dungeon Punks because I tend to buy arcade style beat em up even if they look terrible and it was in fact pretty terrible

Bound is and ok art game that looks really cool but is hard to play in VR

Honestly the best thing on that list is r-type

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ooh dang, Housemarque posted a letter to their fans that, due to low sales they are not going to be making any more arcade-style games and are going to look into other genres.

Sucks for the arcade shooter genre, but I look forward to seeing what else they can do.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Quiet's design falls apart at a more basic level than waving her rear end in your face in the helicopter with just the premise of "oh she needs bare skin to breathe, that's why she's sprinting at sub-sonic speeds without a sports bra". In the last mission with Quiet where she's captured, she's suffocating with the prison clothes on. The moment just her legs are free, she's fully restored and murders all three would-be rapist soldiers. You could get the same premise across with just a tanktop and khaki pants or shorts, and still look pretty drat practical for combat zones in Afghanistan and Africa.

While it's been a fair while since I've played MGS4, so correct me if I've forgotten something, but the difference with Quiet and the BB Corps is that the most fanservice-y they really get with the BB Corps is the photo mode. And it's clearly set up as a silly little extra thing you really have to try to cause. While their skintight bodysuits are absolutely for the sake of fanservice, their designs at the very least carry an element of looking like they're functionally necessary for integrating with their powered armor with all the data cables and whatnot. When they come for you in a fight, they're out to just straight-up kill Snake as professional/insane super-soldiers. Even the FROGs look functional; It's a lightweight bodysuit and armor to keep the overall weight down so they can leap up walls. Quiet, on the other hand, is played completely straight from the prison cell that's a fistful of single bills away from a seedy stripclub, 80's music and all, to just presenting like a mandrill every couple of minutes in the Aerial Command Center.

I think the photo mode is worse than you remember. All the orgasmic moaning in the background really enhances the atmosphere.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I just hope Housemarque keeps the same composer.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
PSVR is ~$213 at target with 25% Cartwheel and 5% red card, for anyone that cares. Lowest I've seen it. I got one. Hopefully it isn't garbage.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fix posted:

Ooh dang, Housemarque posted a letter to their fans that, due to low sales they are not going to be making any more arcade-style games and are going to look into other genres.

Sucks for the arcade shooter genre, but I look forward to seeing what else they can do.

I mean, it's 2017. If they knew how to make other kinds of games don't you think they would've started oh I dunno 20 years ago?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

They're great at what they do, but I kinda figured they would've branched out by now. Resogun was so polished and awesome that at the time I figured the next step was something, oh I dunno, more expansive...

Instead they made 5-6 more games in Resogun's image in as many years.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

They're great at what they do, but I kinda figured they would've branched out by now. Resogun was so polished and awesome that at the time I figured the next step was something, oh I dunno, more expansive...

Instead they made 5-6 more games in Resogun's image in as many years.

they made alienation which is diablo as a shooter, And two games that are like resogun

Of which nex machina is an all time great and matterfall is so so.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well I guess a dud month was bound to happen after 3 months of aaa games in a row. I swear they haven't put a decent vita exclusive on ps+ since like gravity rush

hopefully december has something more interesting

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think they specifically make November and December weaker months due to all the AAA games coming out in the Holiday season.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

they made alienation which is diablo as a shooter, And two games that are like resogun

Of which nex machina is an all time great and matterfall is so so.

Well, they also did 3 ports of their old games...

Really, I'm not saying this to beef. They're great at what they do, but it seems like they could allow for some flexibility with the times.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

TheCenturion posted:

Are they making any gameplay changes? Or just a straight port?

Pretty much a straight port. The only updates they've listed are:

Enhanced lighting and clouds
New cinematic camera angles
Higher quality textures
Regular PS4 does 1080p; PS4 Pro does 4k

Releases in two weeks.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

well I guess a dud month was bound to happen after 3 months of aaa games in a row. I swear they haven't put a decent vita exclusive on ps+ since like gravity rush

hopefully december has something more interesting

Who the heck has had time to even play through all the games that were "free" the last two months? (Maybe I'm just slow IDK.)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

4 games in 2 months isn't that much, especially when half of them are smaller scale indie games

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

4 games in 2 months isn't that much, especially when half of them are smaller scale indie games

I don't actually know how long the Amnesia games are.

e: Oh and I also have a PS3 and a PSTVLOL so :shrug:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Who the heck has had time to even play through all the games that were "free" the last two months? (Maybe I'm just slow IDK.)

Nah, I'm with ya.

Second Son, Amnesia, Until Dawn, etc are just waiting until I finish P5 and Horizon, and Lost Legacy, and Nier.

I'm like 80 hours into P5 and I still only feel like I'm 60% through. It fuckin owns.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to finish Shadow Warrior 2 so I can play The New Order. But its kind of turning into a slog.

SW2 is almost great. the weapon upgrade system SUCKS. It's like, you would think getting these things constantly would eventually mean I would get better ones, but the best ones I have are ones I've had since the literal beginning of the game. I've got blues that are better than oranges. It's really lame.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I haven’t been interested in a PS+ game for a long rear end time

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Andrast posted:

I haven’t been interested in a PS+ game for a long rear end time

I subscribed because I thought I was going to play MGS5 multi-player but I don't and now I'm stuck with it for a while :shrug: But I also don't really have many games for the PS4 so it's all good. Except the bad games.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Snak posted:

I'm trying to finish Shadow Warrior 2 so I can play The New Order. But its kind of turning into a slog.

SW2 is almost great. the weapon upgrade system SUCKS. It's like, you would think getting these things constantly would eventually mean I would get better ones, but the best ones I have are ones I've had since the literal beginning of the game. I've got blues that are better than oranges. It's really lame.

This is weird. I got solid improvements to my gems through the whole game, although I did make a lot of use of the crafting thing to get better elemental gems. It really pays to get your weapons to 100% of an element. I just put two weapons with 100% of each element on my hotbar and never changed that, except for the one annoying boss who is immune to all elements.

If it's getting boring I would just come back to it later instead of burning out on it. The story is disjointed, incomprehensible garbo and feels completely unfinished too, so there's not a lot of content you haven't seen already because the levels are randomly generated. There's more weapons and skills and a few bosses, but otherwise the experience isn't going to change much. Just play it for as long as you're enjoying the gameplay.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't actually know how long the Amnesia games are.

Not long, 6-8 hours each maybe.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
The Amnesia games are easy as hell and not scary at all. The first one is rather old so the graphics are PS2 quality. A Machine for Pigs is more of a walking simulator than an actual game (not surprising; it was made by the Dear Esther devs). It's also pretentious as hell. At least the graphics are much better.

I still can't get over what a random game LA Noire is for Rockstar to port. Why not RDR or even GTA4?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rdr is a ridiculous mess of a game and never gonna get ported anywhere probably

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The first Amnesia and SOMA are great. Machine for Pigs sucks enormous balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I enjoyed LA Noire for what it was but I can't see being bothered to play it again. If they just put out a bunch of new standalone cases I would play the hell out of those though.