Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

The MSJ posted:

sKYwalker-soLO

Also, you know who should direct a Star Wars?

Going to admit I'm not getting this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
It's Zack Skysnyder.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Grendels Dad posted:

It's Zack Skysnyder.

Ah.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I woulda said “Snywalker”

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

UmOk posted:

Agree. I think Snyder's "style" is very similar to the late George Lucas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzjb_Rsf7MA&t=96s

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kathleen Kennedy did say she is looking at people interested in making Star Wars movies, and Snyder is friends with JJ Abrams. Also Lucasfilm wants to make more stories involving characters like Finn and BB-8, within the next 10 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm32FFFbAOk

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i would love to see what snyder would do with a star wars film but i would not love to see what disney would do with snyder's star wars film

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Goddammit, just give me a Yojimbo remake set post-Order 66.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Brother Entropy posted:

i would love to see what snyder would do with a star wars film but i would not love to see what disney would do with snyder's star wars film

WHO'S MOTHMA

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Was this your idea for the Obi-Wan movie or something else? Because this was basically what I was wanting for his potential stand alone. Set it in Anchorhead and have some rival gangs and bounty hunters involved.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

WHO'S MOTHMA

MOTHMA? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Seven Samurai set pre-Order 66.

Edit: This has probably been done on the cartoon.

UmOk fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 2, 2017

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Teek posted:

Was this your idea for the Obi-Wan movie or something else? Because this was basically what I was wanting for his potential stand alone. Set it in Anchorhead and have some rival gangs and bounty hunters involved.

Though I wasn't necessarily thinking an Obi-Wan story, hell yeah. The thing is, it would be a great opportunity for Disney/Lucasfilm to get through their thick loving skulls that if they give the projects to good people whose first concern is making a great movie, it will be a hit. So they can take chances.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

UmOk posted:

Hell, CW did Die Hard.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

UmOk posted:

Heh, I was going to throw that in too, but I think you are right. Didn't they do it with clones? If not, you could have the Takashi Shimura character be a surviving Jedi who gathers dissident clones, bounty hunters, etc.

Mr. Funny Pants fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 2, 2017

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Davros1 posted:

Hell, CW did Die Hard.

Do you know the episode number?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

He'd be one of my choices for an "Old Republic" film.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Awwwwww shhhheeeeyyyiiiitttt

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/925904402031898624

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Oh my god those shots of Luke in the Falcon.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Luke steals the Falcon, strands Rey. Episode IX is a soft double reboot of The Force Awakens, with Rey stuck on an island with a new generation of heroes looking for her.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

jivjov posted:

Oh my god those shots of Luke in the Falcon.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Why don't I care about this movie. It's so odd. This was the one I was looking forward too, due to Rian Johnson, and I really do like The Force Awakens still.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CelticPredator posted:

Why don't I care about this movie. It's so odd. This was the one I was looking forward too, due to Rian Johnson, and I really do like The Force Awakens still.

Why indeed.

Rian Johnson has a good track record. The only concern is that Disney is stifling any creativity. Their canning of those shits who did the Lego movie doesn't bode well.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That's the reason. Canning Lord and Miller made me mad, and I lost most interest in this poo poo.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I’m interested in this film simply because I think exploring Luke Skywalker as a character after the events of ROTJ is infinitely more interesting than doing the same for Han Solo.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

vague portentous lines read sloowwlllyy

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The MSJ posted:

Hera and Sabine were both in a novel set after ROTJ, anyway.

What? When? In what book?

Yeah, this is loving amazing.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Nov 2, 2017

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

UmOk posted:

Do you know the episode number?

S1 ep 22 "Hostage Crisis"

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Davros1 posted:

S1 ep 22 "Hostage Crisis"

Gonna watch that tonight. I watched the Godzilla homage episodes the other day. Pretty good

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Luke was just looking for a toilet on the millennium falcon

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

moist turtleneck posted:

Luke was just looking for a toilet on the millennium falcon

Dateline holonet - local hobos turn abandoned ship into love shack on ahch to

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

There's only one place to poo poo on the Falcon...and it's right...here

*lifts the smuggling panel to reveal skeletons from the two stormtroopers from the first Death Star*

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
For the past 25 years, Luke has had to poop off the side of his cliff island and sometimes the waves splash back into his butt

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Do you ever stop to think that one day Han Solo was just trying to get a cold space beer and then spent the rest of his entire life getting repeatedly hosed over by every single member of the Skywalker family. I like to imagine he was thinking about that while falling into the pit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ingmar terdman posted:

Do you ever stop to think that one day Han Solo was just trying to get a cold space beer and then spent the rest of his entire life getting repeatedly hosed over by every single member of the Skywalker family. I like to imagine he was thinking about that while falling into the pit.

So what, he like stubbed his toe on shmi’s gravestone?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Barudak posted:

So what, he like stubbed his toe on shmi’s gravestone?

Don't spoil Solo.

https://tubedubber.com/?q=g6Cl25aAcrg:5A3JkjScUKY:0:100:255:247:1

edit: does Snoke's throne room set mess with anyone else's head? The all red background makes my brain think green/bluescreen and see the set as unfinished. It's interesting

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 2, 2017

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ingmar terdman posted:

He could've just not come back after getting his reward for rescuing Leia.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Fellas, I don't know if you've noticed, but I have a medal that I got from a Princess. Now I demand you play The Boys are Back in Town again, little Cantina Band

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

For the past 25 years, Luke has had to poop off the side of his cliff island and sometimes the waves splash back into his butt

Couldn't he just poo poo on the ground, then force fling his poop into the water, avoiding the back splash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

What? When? In what book?

I remember reading about this but I can't seem to find the title of the book on Wookiepedia. It's not a major plot thing, just them talking to each other in a scene not connected to the main story, kinda like that Jar Jar cameo.